Hawkesdene

381 Phillips Creek Rd, Andrews, North Carolina 28901 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 60
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 3

About Hawkesdene

Imagine, for a moment, the celebration of a lifetime, with all your friends and family, on a private
and luxurious 54-acre mountain estate that is yours and yours alone for the duration of your
stay. This is Hawkesdene.

Nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains in Andrews, North Carolina, Hawkesdene is
located less than two hours west of Asheville and two hours north of Atlanta. This amazing
venue is unique in its exclusive privacy, a reunion-style wedding venue with onsite
accommodations for as many as 102 guests and event facilities for up to 125 guests. Our
special property hosts just one group at a time and includes personal use of the entire estate
with no curfews, elegant accommodations, beautifully manicured grounds and gardens, an
abundance of chef-created, delicious cuisine, with a professional event and service staff here
just for you.

Hawkesdene prides itself on its differentiation from “same-day” venues, in which you’re in and
you’re out so quickly. An extended stay here is about bringing all your close friends and family
together for a comfortable, relaxing, private getaway in the mountains.

Attention to detail here is second to none, as you’ll see the moment you arrive. Take a look at
past reviews from people who’ve celebrated here. The constant hands-on improvement of, and
investment in, the property is what helps keep Hawkesdene a place where expectations are
exceeded and memories that last forever are born. To see it is to love it.

FACILITIES
Our expansive property offers a host of spectacular backdrops and outdoor spaces for
ceremonies, all of which you can choose from before, and even on, your special day.

A very popular ceremony location is our covered bridge perched over Phillips Creek, framed by
woods that change with the seasons. Our open lawn is ideal for larger groups and boasts a
beautifully-designed pergola with lush floral gardens and mountain views.

Smaller, more intimate ceremonies have taken place with our llama and alpaca stable as a
stunning backdrop, where you’ll see our herd of llamas and alpacas grazing in the pasture.

Receptions are held in our spacious open-air pavilion, which is attached to the main house and
overlooks Phillips Creek. The pavilion includes custom-designed and matching farm tables and
dining chairs, lounge furniture, a grand stone fireplace, a brand-new audio/video sound system
with designated wi-fi, plus refrigerator storage for your alcohol beverages, a commercial
icemaker, and food & beverage stations. Dining typically takes place under the stars in our
adjacent pavilion courtyard. If need be, however, romantic clear or white-top tents can be set up
attached to the pavilion for additional covered space.

SERVICES
Hawkesdene offers venue rental for weddings, reunions and other social or corporate retreat
events. Our on-site planning team and day-of coordinator will be here to ensure your event runs
smoothly and according to your wishes. Our in-house culinary team is a talented bunch who
provide delectable farm-to-table cuisine. We encourage you to bring your own alcohol
beverages which will be refrigerated and/or stored for convenient reach at no charge.

Event services include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Event planning
• Day-of coordination
• Lounge furniture, custom matching farm tables and dining chairs,
ceremony chairs plus cross-back reception chairs
• Linens and a large collection of décor options to choose from
• Bridal suite with adjacent bridal salon
• Game room “man cave” with ping-pong and pool tables, a 70-inch satellite TV,
a bar and game tables
• Massive fire pit to warm up everyone’s spirits
• No curfews – the property is yours to enjoy 24/7
• Event set up, breakdown and clean up
• Privacy & complete exclusivity
• Flexible schedule for your utmost convenience

*Ask about our welcome suppers and rehearsal dinner services.

ACCOMMODATIONS & MORE
The Hawkesdene estate main house and numerous cottages provide super-luxurious bedding,
high-quality furniture, flat-screen HD television, washer & dryer, full kitchen, a variety of modern
amenities, and daily housekeeping.

On-site activities include dual corn-hole sets, horseshoe courts, a cement-court basketball with
netted hoop, llama and alpaca feeding, tire swings, hiking and so much more!

house front med

360º Virtual Tours 1 tour

100 Reviews for Hawkesdene

Aaron Allred · Getting married on 10/08/2020

Perfect Wedding Experience

We came all the way from Dallas for this wedding venue; and we were so glad we did! It seemed that every hour we noticed something that was better than we could have hoped for. For a once in a lifetime event, this was the place!

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Katlynn

Katlynn · Married on 08/15/2020

10/10 guests said "best wedding ever"

Hawkesdene is by far the best wedding venue out there!!!
    I think the best way to see the true side of a person or in this case a venue, is how they respond during difficult times. August 2018 my fiancé and I toured Hawkesdene. We were completely taken aback by the absolutely beautiful grounds, the meticulous landscaping, and the warm staff. We book our wedding for April 2020, yes a year and a half out! We wanted time to plan and save. We knew we wanted this to be an unforgettable wedding weekend with our closest family and friends, but we could have never imagined it would be so much more than that! March 2020 the entire US begins to shut down due to COVID19. A lot of my family, friends and myself are on the front-line in the hospital setting. So as I’m working endless hours in the ER I am in constant communication with Hawkesdene as our wedding is only 15 days away. Hawkesdene gave us till the absolute last hour to pull the plug. Since we were one of the first large groups affected by people traveling from all over, we knew we had to move the wedding. They allowed us to move to an open date in August 2020, which is peak season rate, at no extra charge.
    So while many of our close friends getting married had to cancel and lose everything they paid because their venues were standing firm against rescheduling, Hawkedene bent over backward to make our day possible. The cabins and venue set empty for the next few months but it didn’t break their spirits. When we arrived the Wednesday before our wedding the staff were as happy as ever to see us. Note we were the third wedding back after COVID but definitely the largest group. I would compare it to coming home after a long day to a golden retriever haha, it was the best feeling ever for a nervous couple about to get married.
    If you haven’t met Jami yet, you soon will! She is the planner, coordinator, manager, and magician that comes with Hawkesdene. To us, the fact that it was all included was super appealing, before we met her. After you meet her you will soon realize you get a friend, confidant, and so much more, all included in the Hawkesdene wedding rate. You seriously do not need an additional planner unless you just don’t feel like doing much work/planning yourself. If you give Jami your ideas, she will bring them to life. We dropped off all of our DIY décors into the décor room on arrival, barely went through it with Jami, and yet somehow every detail we discussed was laid out each night just how I wanted. She seriously didn’t miss a beat. I can’t explain this enough, this will be the easiest experience from start to finish. The fact that the venue includes a lot of décor options, set up each night, and break down makes it the most enjoyable experience a bride could ever have!
    The entire weekend from start to finish was perfect! We highly recommend the low country boil. My guests can’t stop talking about the hush puppies. The seafood and salad were to die for as well, and my family is from South Florida so we know seafood! The second night was the modern BBQ, it smoked all day for the guests to smell. That is another must-have meal, the brisket was cooked to perfection, the sweet cornbread melted in your mouth, and the blackberry cobbler was devoured by all. Seriously the food is on point at Hawkesdene. Our wedding night we served the flank steak and mountain trout. My now-husband isn’t a big fish person, he ate the entire trout filet. When I tell you the smashed potatoes were the best I’ve ever had I am not lying, and mashed potatoes are my favorite food group! If my dress wasn’t tight and a mermaid shape I would have eaten an entire loaf of the homemade bread. I seriously can’t tell you enough how good the food was the entire weekend. For my bridal party, breakfast and lunch were served in the garden cottage on the wedding day, which was a nice relaxing experience. As we all got our hair and makeup done in the beautiful attached salon we sipped away on coffee and mimosas and enjoyed delicious food.
    For couples that have already booked Hawkesdene, here are some tips I found helpful in the planning process. Your guests may seem hesitant about this destination wedding and weekend concept. They may be confused that they are invited to the rehearsal and all other activities. I recommend creating a good wedding website with clear instructions. When placing your guests in cabins on the placement sheet it’s important you don’t make any promises until the RSVPs are final. You will find certain guests need certain accommodations so it’s easier for all involved if they find out their sleeping arrangements on arrival. If you need extra accommodations I highly recommend Fernwood cottage and Collett Creek Cabins they were immaculate and great owners to work with.
    I recommend giving the guests a nice welcome bag upon arrival, the favors at the wedding usually go unnoticed. However, snacks and mementos to take home were favored by all of our guests. Included in the welcome bag was an itinerary with the weekend events, meal times, and a reference contact for any questions.
    You should have a one-page reference sheet for all of your vendors involved in the weekend, a contact number for them, and specific responsibilities/days/times they will be on the property. That way Hawkesdene can help manage them while you are enjoying your guests.
    I highly recommend doing karaoke with Lori Pluger, our guests were singing all night and they seriously can’t stop talking about the various performances.
    I understand during crazy times like these you may be very nervous to book a wedding venue, but I can say with 100% confidence it will all work out. Even though it wasn’t the exact picture I had in my mind since we lost some guests due to COVID, It was beyond the best wedding I could have ever imagined and I wouldn’t change anything for the world. You can truly trust Rob and Jami with this special day and know that they will sacrifice a lot to make it happen regardless of the situation it puts them in. If you’re on the fence, get off, book them, and move on with the small details because everything else is done.
    We couldn’t be happier with all of our vendors so I have listed them below in case you’re still looking. Every single one of them moved with us from our original date, they were the most gracious, kind, and understanding people I have ever met.

Photography: Macy O’Connell 404-502-7724
    Videography: Little Eye Film Co. Cassie Hiatt 858-692-7083 (video on Instagram)
    Hair: Taylor Howard: Instagram (teaseitupwithtay) fifth&mae salon

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Hawkesdene Pricing

Hawkesdene Price Rates

Hawkesdene FAQ

• Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Server(s)
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Liquor License
    Open Bar
    Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Lighting
    Tables
    Tents
    Tent Accessories
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    December

Real Weddings

• McSween Photography Wedding Photographers

The Hawkesdene is a great venue for all occasions especially weddings! We love working with the staff at the Hawkesdene, the property is stunning and the food is amazing. One of our favorite places to photograph weddings!

• Inspiration & Design Photography Wedding Photographers

Not only is this location AMAZINGLY beautiful and unique, but the entire three days we were there, I was extremely impressed by the staff. They were efficient, kind, helpful, accommodating, friendly and just a pleasure to work with in every way. They all seemed to truly care about doing the best job possible while having a great attitude. This is not always the case at other venues. That’s why I would like to personally thank each and every person at The Hawkesdene House mountain retreat, for making it a wonderful experience for everyone involved. You stand out above the rest and I believe that needs recognition. I also need to mention the FABULOUS CHEF!!! I’m still thinking about that amazing berry pie and the most incredible coffee I have ever tasted! I have eaten a lot of wedding food in my long career and rarely remember the food. I will remember this food… all of it! AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!! Thank you for serving us lunch early on Saturday, so that we could eat before we had to start shooting. It was very much appreciated!!

• Jen Yuson Photography Wedding Photographers

Hawkesdene House with its babbling brook and mountainous skyline is definitely one of the more beautiful properties to get married at in Western NC. It's also nice that they offer several different ceremony sites, and I adore their modern art collection in the main house.

• 381 Phillips Creek Rd Andrews, North Carolina, 28901 See on map