Hawkesdene Reviews

Hawkesdene 5
Hawkesdene 6
Hawkesdene 7

Heather · Married on 08/04/2018

From the moment we stepped foot on the property we knew Hawkesdene was our wedding venue. The views and accommodations weren’t the only reason we chose Hawkesdene though! Jamie & the rest of the staff were AMAZING to work with from the very beginning. Anything we needed the Hawkesdene team was there. One of the owners Rob was always responsive and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted.

By the time wedding weekend rolled around I knew we had nothing to worry about. Jamie and her team had it covered. They are the pros and def. listen to any and all suggestions she has.

Our guests traveled from all over the US and loved every minute of being at Hawkesdene. From all of the accommodations to the food, no one had a single complaint. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams because of this beautiful mountain estate in the smokies!

We look forward to hopefully being able to visit again soon!

Hawkesdene 8

Amber · Married on 06/16/2018

Great mountain setting that was a great meeting place for lots of travelling guests. I can't say enough good things about Hawkesdene. All of our guests raved about the food. The cabins are beautiful and clean. The estate and grounds are gorgeous with flowers and greenery. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had the wedding of my dreams and a 3 day celebration that none of us will forget. Highly recommend and worth every penny spent.

Hannah · Married on 06/02/2018

Words cannot describe how much I love Hawkesedene after having our wedding there June 2, 2018! It is one of the most special places and made for a one of a kind weekend celebration! Our whole weekend was perfect! Hawkesdene was the perfect place to spend a beautiful weekend with friends and family to celebrate! We felt so lucky that we got to spend so much quality time everyone. Hawkesdene has a unique way of brining people together. It really created a bond among all of our friends and family. People who had never met before, left on Sunday being best friends.

From the beginning, Jami and Rob were so great to work with. They are laid back, but professional and responsive. I always felt like the wedding would be in good hands. They were very easy to communicate and plan with leading up to the weekend.
    The wedding weekend could not have been better and I owe all of that to Hawkesdene! The grounds are magical and so beautiful, and it definitely set the tone for the whole weekend! It has a way of relaxing you and calming you. All of the guests could not get over how beautiful it was! The staff is very attentive as well. And the food all weekend was just to die for!! Every meal was delicious.
    Jami was our day of coordinator and couldn't have been better at it. She has a way of getting stuff done but without being too bossy or rude...like some coordinators can be. I felt super confident with her running the show.
    I still day dream about our wedding day and am still in awe about it. I am so thankful that we chose Hawkesdene. Hawkesdene is truly a magical place!!

Juliana · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I had our wedding here at Hawkesdene. My sister actually also had her wedding here the Fall before mine! We absolutely adore this venue and the staff. If you are planning a wedding and are looking for a romantic, beautiful, mountain weekend venue-- stop your search and choose Hawkesdene! The venue is beautiful in itself with several options for wedding weekend events rain or shine. Not only is it gorgeous, but everything you could possible think of, every little detail, has already been thought of and taken care of by the Hawkesdene staff. Our wedding day was not stressful at all, as Jami and her team made sure everything was taken care of. Our wedding guests also loved the venue because they got to not only enjoy the wedding, but stay in the mountains and have a wonderful mountain weekend away. Stop your search-- pick this venue! You will not be disappointed!! Here is a video from our wedding weekend:

Hawkesdene 9
    Hawkesdene 10
    Hawkesdene 11
    Hawkesdene 12
    Hawkesdene 13

Sara · Married on 04/21/2018

We were just married at Hawkesdene this past weekend and it was an absolute dream. The whole long weekend from start to finish was flawless and stress free. Jami is amazing and her and the rest of the staff are somehow able to anticipate your needs before you do. Every meal was so delicious and well thought out. Hawkesdene is a magical place and we heard from so many of our guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and how much they loved everything about the property, the food, and the wonderful people that run it. If you are considering Hawkesdene for your wedding, do not hesitate. It was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding and they gave us the best weekend of our lives.

Hawkesdene 14
    Hawkesdene 15

Bianca · Married on 12/02/2017

There are no words to describe Hawkesdene! Our wedding was on 12/2/17 and everything was perfect! Working with Rob leading up to the wedding was great, he was prompt in responding to my many emails and calls. Jami and her team made my vision for the wedding come to fruition and I couldn't be more thankful for allowing me to be stress-free on our wedding day! The food was so delicious as well and our guests are already wanting to plan a trip back to Hawkesdene next year! Don't hesitate to book Hawkesdene as your wedding venue immediately!

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2017

What can we say about Hawkesdene except perfect, perfect, perfect! Jami, Rob, and the rest of the Hawkesdene team did everything in their power to make our wedding weekend an absolutely perfect dream.

From the minute we stepped foot on the Hawkesdene property, we knew it was the only place we could imagine having our wedding. The estate is absolutely GORGEOUS - even when we visited in the dead of winter, we were still enthralled with the beautiful scenery, the incredible trees and foliage, the stunning cottages and beautiful main house. The estate was even more beautiful when we returned additional times to visit during the summer and fall.

While preparing for our wedding, Jami and Rob were incredibly communicative and available regarding all of the details leading up to our wedding. It was clear from the very beginning that the priority for the Hawkesdene team was not to nickle and dime us but to ensure that we had the most wonderful wedding possible. Jami was quick to offer us ideas on how to cut costs and save money while still retaining our vision.

During our wedding weekend in October, the entire Hawkesdene team was available every minute of the day to make sure everything flowed absolutely smoothly and perfectly. I had a sore throat on the day of the wedding and requested tea just before the ceremony - within five minutes, not only did I receive tea, but a beautiful tray of tea, honey, and crackers delivered by the chef herself. It was this attention to detail and personalization that marked our entire wedding weekend. We didn't have to worry about anything other than having a wonderful time.

I cannot rave enough about Jami, Rob, and the rest of the Hawkesdene team. My family loved Hawkesdene so much that my little sister is going to get married there in May 2018! We cannot WAIT to return to this magical place. I would rate Hawkesdene 100 stars if I could!!

Hawkesdene 16
    Hawkesdene 17
    Hawkesdene 18
    Hawkesdene 19
    Hawkesdene 20

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

THE BEST PLACE YOU COULD EVER GET MARRIED!!! We are so unbelievably happy we stumbled across this place for our wedding! All our guests had the time of their life and continue to tell us "Your wedding was the BEST wedding we have EVER been to". The staff is top notch. Jami the wedding coordinator is the best ever and is included in the wedding package. She is the nicest, most incredible, laid back, easy going wedding coordinator we have ever met! All the staff including the owners are very responsive to any emails or calls. We had a destination wedding from Florida, we only saw the property once and everything went flawless the wedding weekend. Jami and her crew decorated and made the entire scenery absolutely gorgeous! We could not have asked for anything better. The mountains are beautiful, guests can hike up to the top or hitch a ride by staff with a Kawasaki Mule. I can not say enough about the staff- they make you feel like family and treat you that way too. Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect, and everyone (including us) agreed that we picked the perfect location possible! You will love Hawkesdene, the staff, the property and everything associated with your wedding! INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE, we can't wait to go back and visit this property again!
    I could go on and on about this place because it is so unbelievable! A wedding weekend here will stay in your mind and hearts forever and you will be so happy with your decision.
    THE FOOD IS PHENOMENAL!!! THE CABINS AND BEDS ARE PHENOMENAL! No one has to drink and drive- it's a no brainer!
    We are forever grateful to hawkesdene, Jami, and the staff for the best weekend of our lives. WE LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! :)

Cathie · Married on 09/23/2017

Hawesdene was the perfect place to hold our daughter's wedding! We were looking for a place in the mountains to spend 3 days celebrating with family and friends and we found it in Hawkesdene. Rob, Phil, Jami and their wonderful staff were easy to work with, flexible, and so dedicated to making our vision come to life.
    From the welcome dinner on Thursday, to the final breakfast on Sunday, Caroline, the chef, and her staff outdid themselves. Every bite was delicious and our guests are still raving about their meals. We had quests staying in every cottage and the main house and all were very pleased with their accommodations.
    The perfect venue with breathtaking scenery to celebrate!!!!!!!

Kanani · Married on 09/09/2017

LOVED EVERY MINUTE WE WERE THERE. Jami is amazing. We are thinking of going back for our 5 year anniversary. Everything was great from the food to the people that helped the whole weekend long. The staff is the best. I can not say enough good things about Hawesdene. We loved them and will go back.

Hawkesdene 21
    Hawkesdene 22
    Hawkesdene 23
    Hawkesdene 24

Summit · Married on 08/26/2017

We just had our multicultural wedding here (Indian + Caucasian) from Thursday-Sunday. We could not have picked a better venue for our special day. The grounds are absolutely magnificent, and this is a hidden gem in the blue ridge mountains. Given the semi-rural location and all of the food and activities offered on-site, our guests had no reason to leave the property, and both sets of families and friends were able to spend quality time with each other. The food was phenomenal. We had a fully customized Mexican menu the first night with Margheritas, a fully customized Indian menu the second night (they picked up exactly what ingredients and groceries we requested from an Indian store in Atlanta), and a traditional American menu with customized vegetarian option (stuffed summer squash) and individual lava cakes (cheaper than catering in a large cake) for dessert. Caroline nailed each of these dinners. We have never seen this level of customization at a wedding venue. On the second day, we went for a group hike to the mountain top (Hawkesdene gave rides to all guests who couldn't make it on a four wheeler) where we had our Mendhi (henna) ceremony. This was another incredible experience only possible at Hawkesdene. Rob, Jami, and Caroline were attentive, friendly, and incredibly helpful throughout the process but especially during the actual wedding festivities. Given that the estate rental includes all the accommodations and food and it is essentially BYOB, Hawkesdene is an absolute steal when it comes to value. If you are ok with having your guests drive or fly to come here, it will be 100% worth it. If you have any questions about our experience, feel free to contact us! I am sure Rob or Jami can give you our email addresses.

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

The best decision we made when planning our wedding was to have it at Hawkesdene. We are from Chicago and decided to throw a destination wedding and thankfully came across Hawkesdene which fit our needs perfectly. It is a gorgeous setting that is undeniably beautiful and then on top of the gorgeous scenery, the accommodations are impeccable. They treat each cottage and room as though it was the most important one on the property. The food provided is top notch and comparable to some of the nicest restaurants I've ever been too. Our amazing wedding weekend was really made by the amazing staff at Hawkesdene(Jami, Rob, Caroline, John, Tim, Becky and several more). Not only did they pay to attention to every little detail but they were all so personable and friendly. All of our family and friends are already trying to plan a trip back so that we can experience our stay at Hawkesdene again...and we've only been home three days. I truly can say without hesitation that I could not have found a better venue!

Laura · Married on 05/06/2017

From the impeccably kept grounds to the immensely hospitable and talented staff, my experience with Hawkesdene was incredible. In spite of bleak weather reports and a freak microburst that took out power for several, every element of my wedding weekend plan went off without a hitch. Our ceremony had been planned by the covered bridge but when rain kept us in the pavilion, Jami and her crew created an airy, romantic oasis around the fireplace to say our vows. Jami, Caroline, Tim, Jimbo, Katie, John and Maria were so caring and thoughtful, they felt like extended family by the end of our stay.
    Chef Caroline was completely open to amending the menus to fit the particular needs and tastes of our party. Her smokehouse BBQ dinner was definitely a favorite for us. She also created a custom dessert bar for my rehearsal dinner complete with all of our family favorites, including an abundant chocolate fountain display. When we went without power, Caroline "baked" my tres leches cake over gas burners and whipped the mountains of fresh, local cream by hand.

My husband and I look forward to many return visits to celebrate our love and relive the happy memories made at Hawkesdene. If you are fortunate enough to book a weekend wedding here, I highly suggest taking a few extra days to enjoy Hawkesdene's stunning vistas and luxurious accommodations.

Sandra · Married on 11/19/2016

This place is an amazing place to have a wedding. The staff Rob (the owner) and Jami (the manager) did everything we asked for our daughters wedding and made it an unforgettable experience for family and friends!!!!

Jen · Married on 10/08/2016

Hawkesdene provided the most amazing weekend of our lives! My husband and I picked Hawkesdene for our wedding because it was a gorgeous venue in the North Carolina mountains that also provided the opportunity to have our family and friends together in an intimate setting for several days. It was the absolute best thing we could have decided on for our wedding, so much so, that we were sad to leave.

I cannot say enough great things about Rob, the owner, and Jami, the Manager. Both worked with us throughout the year leading up to the wedding to ensure that our vision for the "perfect wedding" came to fruition. Even when we ran into some hiccups with some outside vendors, Jami came to the rescue, and took care of everything. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she spent hours on the phone with me making sure she got every detail right and it paid off. Our wedding and reception looked as if they were straight off of Pinterest. It was breathtaking!

From the moment we arrived at Hawkesdene, Jami, Rob and the entire staff were so friendly and accommodating. Each staff member went out of their way to make you feel like Hawkesdene was your home while you were there. In addition to the hospitality, the accommodations and grounds were fantastic!

Another huge reason we picked Hawkesdene is because food quality is very important to us and they knocked it out of the park. All the meals are made from scratch, on-site, with local ingredients when possible and it was evident! Chef Caroline worked with us ahead of time to plan out the meals and every single meal she and her staff prepared was phenomenal! Guests were continually looking forward to the next meal, despite barely being done with the one they were eating :)

We truly cannot say enough great things about Hawkesdene and would do it all over again in a heartbeat! In fact, we are already planning a five-year reunion there ;-)

K · Married on 08/27/2016

I had my wedding at Hawkesdene in late August and can't speak highly enough about the venue. It was such a beautiful location with DELICIOUS food! I still dream about the food there... The accommodations on property were well decorated and what I would consider mountain luxury- I absolutely loved them! Overall, the staff was willing to go above and beyond for us and were exceptionally friendly. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for your wedding day. If I could get married all over again, I would choose Hawkesdene all over again, without question. Jamie and Rob are very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. This venue is 5 STARS IN MY MIND!

Lindsey · Married on 08/20/2016

From the moment we first drove into Hawkesdene Resort, we knew it was the place to create the wedding of our dreams. Rob, Phil, and their entire staff are the most gracious, caring hosts we’ve ever experienced. Hawkesdene’s food is exceptional; their service is unparalleled; their 34 acre property is beautiful and has more than enough space to congregate with our entire family for meals. Hawkesdene provided a stress-free environment and included the ceremony chairs, reception tables, chairs, linens, place settings and other table décor. Those things made it so easy for us to arrive and not worry about working with offsite vendors.
    We were able to experience the solitude and comfort of the smoky mountains, while also gathering with everyone that we hold dear to enjoy a weekend of love, laughter and fun.
    Our wedding ceremony and reception was Saturday. We were able to have breakfast with guests on Saturday morning and spend time with family and friends prior to the ceremony. On Sunday after breakfast - we took a group hike up to the top of the mountain and that Sunday afternoon- the remaining 60 guests congregated in the courtyard to play yard games; Badmitten, Croquet, Volleyball and Corn Hole. Hawkesdene made some great burgers for dinner to close out the weekend and guests traveled home Monday morning after having breakfast together.
    Reserving Hawkesdene on Sunday night was a perfect way to relax after our wedding and spend extra time with guests that stayed until Monday morning. Hawkesdene was the perfect place for us!

We're a little late getting to our reviews, but that shouldn't reflect on Hawkesdene. They were amazing in every aspect. From the day we met Phil & Rob on our initial site visit to the day we packed up the car to drive home as newlyweds, they never missed a detail. We could not have found a more amazing place to hold our weekend ceremony. The grounds are impeccably manicured and the lodgings were the most comfortable cottages we've ever been in. We rented the entire estate and to have all our family and friends staying on site for the entire weekend was the way to go.
    Jami & Crew were so on the spot with logistics you never had a moment to stress. You can tell they have been doing this for 20+ years as the experience shows. Every scenario is planned for and if something needed changed last minute, they knew exactly what to do. And the staff were so polite and courteous. What a great team. By the end of the weekend you felt like family. They made you feel like you were their most important and only clients!
    Finally, the food. WOW!!! We have a professional chef in our family who was in attendance and he was quite blown away. If he is impressed...you know you are top notch. :-)
    Thank you so much Hawkesdene!! We loved every minute our special weekend!

Michael · Married on 07/09/2016

Myself, and my NOW wife, Leslie Hill, knew that it was a no-brainer to have our wedding at Hawkesdene as soon as we stepped foot on the property! The first night we got there, the power got knocked out from 11pm to 2am...so we built a bon-fire and lit all the candles in the pavilion. The The 2nd day we were there, we had a thunder/lightening storm that caused us to have to cancel our Smores Bonfire party and knocked out the cable for 1 day...not that we watched TV anyways. The 3rd day we found a poisonous snake that we had to have removed...and then we also realized that the Bakery had shorted us 50 cupcakes that were nowhere to be found.
    With all that said, there is no other place to have your wedding b/c Hawkesdene is TRULY a league of its own! The staff (Jami, Anita, John, Tim, and all the others) were at our beckon call every second that we needed them. As soon as they found out we didn't have enough cupcakes, the kitchen whipped us up 50 amazing cupcakes. When we found the snake, John had it removed immediately. Anytime I needed to be carted around the property, John or Tim was there to help! The food is in a league of its own and I cannot stress again and again how unbelievable the Flank Steak with Chimichurri sauce was!!! mmmmmmm!
    My parents are already planning a Valentines Day trip back to Hawkesdene and all our friends and bridal party are discussing when to do a reunion there as well!
    From the landscaping, to the food, to the views from the mountain top, to the 5 star staff, to the excellent accommodations...you just can't say enough great things about this place! If you read this and don't choose Hawkesdene as your wedding venue then it can only be b/c you are looking to get married in the White House!!! I look forward to coming back in the future for other events! Mike & Leslie Hill 7-9-16

Megan · Married on 05/29/2016

I could write a book about how much my husband and I loved Hawkesdene. I spent months searching for the perfect wedding venue…yes, and I started before I was even engaged! I knew exactly what we wanted to create an unforgettable wedding weekend for our guests. We were in search of a venue that would be exclusively ours and would completely catered to us the entire weekend. When we stumbled upon Hawkesdene, we immediately knew we had found our diamond in the ruff. If I was not such a control freak, I would have totally booked this venue without doing a site visit. My fiancé and I did, however, do a site visit and booked immediately thereafter. We live in Chicago and always planned on getting married in Chicago or Michigan. Never would we have imagined we would get married in North Carolina!

Now that we are happily married and our weekend celebration at Hawkesdene has passed, we can wholeheartedly say we could have NEVER imagined getting married anywhere else. The entire weekend was absolutely perfect for us and each one of our guests. Hawkesdene provides a warm, cozy, comfortable, elegant and romantic environment which lends itself beautifully for hosting a celebratory gathering of your loved ones. Hawkesdene will feel like your home and you will not want to leave…trust me! Rob, Phil, Jami and the entire Hawksdene staff are extremely attentive and accommodating. We felt like they were part of our family! The food…yowza, it’s delicious! Every bit of it. We had a lot of foodie guests from Chicago, NYC and L.A. and all of them had rave reviews about the cuisine.

If you are looking for a special place to create a memorable, relaxing and fun weekend with your nearest and dearest, we HIGHLY recommend Hawkesdene. You will not be disappointed. All of our guests have said our wedding was the best wedding they had ever been to. Hawkesdene really has it all!

Kelly · Married on 05/07/2016

Couldn't have asked for a more amazing place to get married. Everything Was excellent. Family and friends that attended are still stalking about how wonderful the estate was.

Katherine · Married on 03/25/2016

You know you've chosen the right wedding venue when your guests make plans to visit it again, before they've even left! My husband and I brought a group of approximately 40 guests to this gorgeous mountain retreat for a four-day getaway. From the first inquiry email to the last tearful goodbye, Hawkesdene and everyone associated with the property exceeded all expectations. I am a detail-oriented, organized worry wart; but I had absolutely no vision whatsoever for what my wedding should look like. The only concept I had in mind was that I wanted my friends and family to gather for an extended weekend - to enjoy a vacation together. Hawkesdene embodied that concept to a T, and they helped me uncover the rest of my vision by asking all the right questions, putting me in touch with top-notch vendors, and supplying ideas and pictures. Rob and Phil, the owners, were helpful and candid about what I did and did not need to spend our money on. [Do: hire a ceremony musician (we were thrilled with Tim West); hire a great photographer (can't say enough good things about Vesic Photography). Don't: for our small group, we didn't need a DJ, and we didn't need a coordinator (Jami runs the site operations, and acted as our coordinator.)] With Chef Matthew and the incredible kitchen staff on site, not only did we not have to worry about a separate catering contract, but our guests were delighted by the delicious food! Hawkesdene just recently got a fancy new smoker, and we were the lucky party that got to experience their first ever pig roast. I HIGHLY recommend it - there may have been more pictures taken of that meal than of the wedding itself! If renting this venue is in your budget, don't hesitate for one second to reserve your date. This team of kind, thoughtful professionals will knock it out of the park every time.

Audrey · Married on 03/20/2016

This place is amazing! It's located in a beautiful setting and provides space to bring family and guests together in one place. Hawkesdene also includes table settings and some decor pieces depending on what you're looking for. We found this very helpful. The meals were perfect- we had several special needs and they worked with us not problem! Our guests still talk about our wedding and Hawkesdene to this day. Everyone wants to go back!

Hawkesdene 25
    Hawkesdene 26

Jess · Married on 01/09/2016

Hawkesdene was exceptional. From the interactions over the phone and email with Rob to checkout... 100% perfect. The house is so beautifully decorated and comfortable as well as the surrounding cabins (wow). We had 45 of our family and friends at our wedding and the entire party stayed at Hawkesdene house Thursday-Sunday. Jamie was our on-site contact. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. The entire staff made our weekend fun, cozy, and extremely relaxing. The food. Oh the food! Matthew and the rest of the kitchen staff are magical! They will work with any food allergies or special needs and everything that came out of that kitchen was out of this world good! Touches such as Molten Brown shampoo/conditioner/body wash, bonfires, smores, housekeeping, snacks and sodas available 24/7, and much much more put this place over the top. The staff makes you feel like you're at home (if you were a princess and your home included someone to make your bed and a personal chef). As for the wedding, I used L7 as a vendor to supplement the decor Hawkesdene provides. Hawkesdene has beautiful decor items which would be more than enough for a simple woodland/boho wedding. Any extra touches go very well with what they have and they work very well with the vendors you bring in. They were so helpful in the wedding ceremony and reception set up and breakdown! I have no words for how beautiful this place was and how great they made my wedding weekend experience! The whole wedding party even went on a hike to the hidden waterfall the day before the wedding! It was breathtaking and so much fun to do as a group! Have your wedding here, trust me!