Hawkesdene Reviews

94 Reviews for Hawkesdene

• Lynsey

Lynsey Wilson · Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect weekend

Jami and her team were absolutely amazing. I couldn’t have done it without them. My wedding weekend was everything and more that I could have asked for. I wish I could do it all over again. People are still raving about my wedding, saying it’s the best wedding they have ever been to. I couldn’t be more happy with the way things turned out. Planning, food and venue was out of this world. I can’t wait to recruit all my friends to get married here so I can attend!!!!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Adrienne

Adrienne A Peddicord · Married on 12/14/2019

PERFECT! completely flawless start to finish.

Everything was perfect. Better than I could even think up! Jamie is an - she helped with outside vendors and set everything up for me. She took alllllllll of what stress I could've had and made it go away. Also their food is AMAZING. We had a wedding weekend from Thursday through Sunday with the ceremony on Saturday. I don't know how to explain it other than flawless.
    Friends and family will be talking about our wedding for years to come.

Sent on 03/07/2020

Kimberly Armstrong · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect Weekend Wedding

We could not have picked a better location for our November wedding. Not only is this location perfect, but the staff is spectacular. Jami was the perfect wedding coordinator, and made everything easy for us. She gave us good advice, answered every email/call we needed and communicated so well with our other vendors. I want to say a special thank you to the Hawkesdene chef as well, who made sure that my guests with allergies always received the allergy-free version of what we were eating, no matter what. She was perfect, sweet, and always reached out to make sure everyone was covered - not to mention, her food was AMAZING. Everyone is still talking about all the meals a week later :) If you want a venue that has everything and truly caters to what you want for your special day or weekend, book your wedding with Hawkesdene, you won't regret it. We're already looking to come back here again for a family reunion!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Arisa · Married on 10/19/2019

Oh Hawkesdene ❤️

Hawkesdene is a magical place! The estate itself was absolutely beautiful and each cabin was easily found. If you enjoy hiking like we do they have some great hikes you can do! What we were really blown away by was the hospitality and kindness of the staff, they took any stress we had away! The day of the wedding it rained and it was not in the spot we all had practiced but it really did not matter. It was better than what was planned! The wedding was cozy and intimate. The food everyday was spectacular! Never a bad meal. We happened upon this place by accident and were extremely lucky. Even from a distance Jami was always very prompt with my questions. If you are looking for a beautiful venue look no further.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/03/2019

My Dream Wedding

We had our wedding at the Hawkesdene Estate on 8/3/19 and it was even better than I imagined it could be!
    We visited about a year and a half before our wedding date and fell in love with it immediately. It was even more beautiful in person than what the internet showed us!
    We planned the wedding all the way from Michigan, which meant many emails back and fourth, mostly from me, asking Jami (the wedding coordinator) and Rob (the owner) a zillion questions. All questions were answered promptly and with great detail to ease any anxiety I had. They ALWAYS had an answer for me, and on a few occasions called me to explain things because it was just easier over the phone.
    Jami is simply amazing to work with. When we arrived to the estate for our wedding weekend, she went over all details with us before our guests arrived and then encouraged us to settle in ourselves before it got busy.
    As soon as our guests did arrive, they were blown away. One guest described it as casual elegance, which was perfect. They take care of the grounds and houses, but in a way that is relaxed and somewhat casual feeling. Not stark and rigid.
    The food was beyond amazing. Being a food reviewer, it was something that was super important to me at our wedding, and Chef Caroline did not disappoint. Breakfast and lunch was a amazing and they had tons of options for all of our guests. It was 5 star restaurant quality! A lot of our guests ate the meals, then took plates back to their cottage to snack on later :)
    The dinners we chose were fabulous! Every single one of my guests loved it all and made sure to tell us numerous times how great it was. We all joked, after returning home that it was a hard transition home because we didn't have breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared for us each day anymore.
    Our actual wedding day was great!! The Bridal salon was perfect for all of us gals to get ready. With our cottage right across from it, it was super easy to go back and fourth and use both spaces as we got ready. It was also great to have a overlook of the reception area. I was able to watch the Hakwesdene staff set up the tables, which was done exactly to my specifications! They didn't even have to bug me to ask anything because we had covered it all in both emails and in our final walk through meeting.
    Just before the ceremony, there was a threat of rain, so Jami pulled me aside to ask what I wanted to do. We ultimately decided to risk it and I'm glad that we did because it held off!
    Once we got to the pavilion for cocktail hour, the rain did start, so the staff acted quickly and moved all the tables inside under the pavilion. They were AMAZING! It happened so quickly that it was not disturbing to our guests.
    The rest of the night went off without a hitch!
    What I loved most (after the beauty of the entire estate) was that the staff made us feel like the property was OURS for the weekend. They stayed out of the way, but were accessible if needed. We were all truly able to relax. We didn't have many requests during our stay, but the ones we had were responded with quickness and kindness.
    It was terribly hard to leave that Sunday. I felt sad that I wouldn't be bugging Jami or Rob with my random questions. My only complaint is that I wish we could go back!
    I would recommend to anyonoe to have a whole wedding weekend rather than just the one day. We were able to mingle and socialize with all of our guests for two days before the wedding day. In doing this, we felt relaxed on the Big Day. We didn't feel pressure to move from table to table, making sure to talk to each guest. We were able to have fun with them because we had gotten that out of the way the days prior. Although the day did go fast, we felt as though we could actually be a part of it and enjoy it!
    If you are on the fence about Hakwesdene, BOOK IT! It's worth every dime. With how beautiful the setting is, we were able to do minimal decor and extras and it was still more beautiful than I ever imagined it could be!
    I could go on and on about it all. I encourage you to go and check it out for yourself! You'll love it!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/27/2019

Best Weekend of My Life!

My husband and I were married on 7.27.19 and simply cannot say enough good things about Hawkesdene!

We took a trip to visit a year out from our wedding and immediately were in awe of the Estate. It has a unique laid back, yet eloquent atmosphere with grounds that are beautifully kept, amazing views, and awesome cabins!

From the minute we met with Jami and Rob we were sold! Their laid back professionalism was exactly what we needed, and put me at ease during the planning process. With a billion questions and yet another visit, they were always welcoming, responsive and very helpful. They know what they are doing, but have a way of getting things done without overwhelming you!

When we arrived for our wedding weekend everything had a casual flow to it, just as were were wanting with our friends and family who could not stop raving about the awesome venue, amazing food, and the incredible staff that were there for every need.

This place has a unique way of bringing all of your guests together to make your wedding weekend an unforgettable one! Oh, and dog friendly too ; )

Sent on 10/23/2019

Bailey · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Location and Team

Hawkesdene, I mean WOW.. What a wedding venue!! The team, the venue, the greenery, the cabins, and all of the family/friends time this venue creates.. It is an unforgettable experience.

I thought our guests were just being positive and polite every time they mentioned how great of a venue it was.. but looking back and still talking about it.. This place creates a space to spend time with everyone but allows everyone to have their own space to retreat to.. So much common space, no bars for people to take off too, no cabs needed, everyone is forced to kind of go back in time, put your phones down, talk, enjoy some wine, watch the flower bloom and fire burn!!

The Hawkesdene team, they put soo much effort into making every single wedding an unforgettable moment. I don't know how they do it and reset their brains for the next weekend, but they do. Jamie is a God sent Christmas Elf that makes sure everything goes off without any issues. She made sure I ate every night, kept my champagne full(most important), and kept everything on time! We ordered flowers for every night, and man did she make some incredible arrangements. With her by your side, you truly can take on the world! Use her, ask her questions, pick her brain.

Our guests went on hikes to the magical waterfalls, played basketball, field games, and late games of lama stay(shh can't tell you what it is, sorry Rob).. the boys bobbed for beer late at night, hurled kegs, large games of manhunt, weird games of "never have I ever" around the big fireplace, danced all night long, and never left a smile behind.. The number of ceremony locations and all of their incredible food options! Amazing!

I would suggest hiring a bartended every night. I do suggest bringing your own bloody mary bar details and vodka. Also, hiring local talent to play acoustic sets every night is a great touch! Get the tent just to make sure you have a backup option! Don't put the elderly at any cabin far away. Get there a few days early to settle in and calm down! Bring games to set up for people to play! Bring cabin snacks for yourself and welcome bags with snacks and water in them! Make friends with the local brewery keg delivery guys, you'll husband will thank you!

If you're considering making the drive up there, asking guests to spend the money, and putting your eggs in their basket... I strongly encourage you to do it! You won't forget it, you won't look back wondering "what if", you WILL look back at an incredible weekend spent celebrating your lifelong union!

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

The best kept secret in wedding venues

We are still on a high from our wedding weekend at Hawkesdene. Our friends and family arrived Thursday and stayed till Sunday for our wedding weekend, and none of us wanted to leave on Sunday. Jami was incredible throughout the planning and had everything absolutely handled before I could even consider it. the food was incredible, the cake was the best I've ever tasted, the grounds were impeccable. It gave our guests plenty of space to roam but intimate enough to bring friends and family together in a way they're raving about days later. I saw guests have a better time than I've ever seen them have. The staff had everything done before I could even think of it, giving me a completely stress free bridal experience. It was perfect, and if I could give them 100 stars I would. It's worth it, pull the trigger on Hawkesdene.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Marc

Marc Pollack · Married on 06/08/2019

Fairytale Wedding At Hawkesdene Estate in North Carolina

We could write a book about the amazing experience we had making our son and his fiancé’s wedding at the Hawkesdene Estate in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. When we were searching for the perfect place for a destination wedding, we kept coming across excellent reviews on Hawkesdene. We contacted them and we were invited by one of the owners, Rob, to come stay overnight for a full tour of the property. Jami, the manager, planner, host and simply the “everything”, spent a full day with us giving us a grand tour. It was like a vacation in and of itself. We were SOLD. But the decision belonged to our son and his fiancé. They went for their own visit and that sealed the deal. This was the beginning of a yearlong experience that resulted in the most beautiful wedding we could have ever imagined.

Jami worked tirelessly with us to make sure we gave our kids the fairytale wedding they dreamed of. She was such an absolute pleasure and was like part of our family by the time our adventure was over. The entire staff of Hawkesdene was off the charts. The food was out of this world. The rooms and the property were kept in such immaculate condition. All of our requests were met with a Yes, Yes, Yes!!! No was simply not part of the vocabulary at Hawkesdene.

The culmination of this amazing service came on the day of the wedding, well actually minutes before the wedding. It had been raining all day and we were forced to set up for the ceremony under the pavilion. Even though everything looked beautiful, we really wanted the ceremony outside under the beautiful canopy of trees. The ceremony was set for 5:30 and the weather started clearing at 4:30. Rob and Jami knew how bad we wanted the wedding outside, and at 5:00 they decided to make the change. It was amazing. They jumped into action and literally reset the entire ceremony location out under the trees in about 20 minutes. It was incredible to watch Jami and her staff in action! Suffice it to say, the ceremony was beautiful, the party a huge success, and our son, and now daughter-in-law, had the fantasy wedding they dreamed of for so long.

Needless to say, if you are looking for the wedding of a lifetime, Hawkesdene is your place!!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Katie

Katie Borello · Married on 05/26/2019

Hawkesdene is heaven on earth

We got married at a Hawkesdene on 5.26.19. The weekend we spent on the Estate was nothing short of perfection. From the first day we visited the property to even after we had left our wedding, the staff was responsive, helpful, attentive, and kind. Jami made sure the entire weekend was flawless. All of our guests commented on how incredible the food was, how clean the cabins were, and how no other wedding they attended would ever compete with our wedding weekend. I want to relive it over and over again. THANK YOU HAWKESDENE!! If anyone needs extra guests at their Hawkesdene wedding, my husband and I will be happy to crash.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Nick Brady · Married on 04/05/2019

Highly recommend

We had an unforgettable wedding at Hawkesdene. Everyone of our guests was impressed by the beauty of the venue, the food, and the cottages/rooms. The staff did an amazing job as well.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Danielle Hubbard · Married on 03/30/2019

Better than expected

Hands down the BEST place for a wedding. My Husband and I are still in awe of how amazing our wedding was this past weekend. Our family and friends can’t stop talking about the food, views and accommodations Hawkesdene has to offer. To say our wedding met expectations would be a lie because it truly exceeded every and all of our expectations. Jami, the coordinator on site, was absolutely amazing and we can’t wait to plan a trip again to Hawkesdene. Seriously, don’t even think twice this is the wedding venue for all!!!!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Shaffer · Married on 10/31/2018

Venue of your dreams

My fiance and I wanted a small intimate wedding in the mountains, and we got that and more. The time and efforts of the team was more than we could have ever expected. And the grounds are something that you dream about. I could not recommend this venue enough. The staff make the process easy especially if you are planning from out of state. Best decision we have ever made!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Moore · Married on 10/20/2018

Heavenly Wedding Weekend

Everything about Hawkesdene was perfect. My husband and I have family all over the country so it was important to us that we could spend as much time as possible with out guests. All of our guests were able to stay on the property which made for a magical weekend. I was working on planning my wedding from Seattle and Jami was amazing. When we were in town, she sat down with us to understand our vision. When our weekend came, everything went perfectly. They had plans in place in case the rain effected our wedding site. She coordinated everything seamlessly. The food was out of this world. All of our guests said that it was the not just the best wedding food they'd had, but some of the best food even. The whole staff was so kind and accommodating. Rob and Phil have an amazing location. I could not have imagined our wedding being anywhere else! Thank you for your part in our special day!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Alexandria · Married on 09/01/2018

A wedding weekend you could only dream of!

My husband and I got married at Hawkesdene over Labor Day 2018. Our wedding was nothing short of amazing thanks to the incredible staff at Hawkesdene. Their team is incredible at taking your vision and making it a reality. The attention to detail was spectacular and the 5 star treatment that everyone in attendance received was amazing!
    Many of the reviews speak of how delicious the food is and let me tell you they are spot on! You truly receive 5 star meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
    Our family and friends still speak so highly of our wedding weekend and say they have never experienced anything like it!
    If you are wondering if you should have your wedding, family reunion or event at Hawkesdene I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Heather · Married on 08/04/2018

From the moment we stepped foot on the property we knew Hawkesdene was our wedding venue. The views and accommodations weren’t the only reason we chose Hawkesdene though! Jamie & the rest of the staff were AMAZING to work with from the very beginning. Anything we needed the Hawkesdene team was there. One of the owners Rob was always responsive and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted.

By the time wedding weekend rolled around I knew we had nothing to worry about. Jamie and her team had it covered. They are the pros and def. listen to any and all suggestions she has.

Our guests traveled from all over the US and loved every minute of being at Hawkesdene. From all of the accommodations to the food, no one had a single complaint. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams because of this beautiful mountain estate in the smokies!

We look forward to hopefully being able to visit again soon!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Amber · Married on 06/16/2018

Great mountain setting that was a great meeting place for lots of travelling guests. I can't say enough good things about Hawkesdene. All of our guests raved about the food. The cabins are beautiful and clean. The estate and grounds are gorgeous with flowers and greenery. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had the wedding of my dreams and a 3 day celebration that none of us will forget. Highly recommend and worth every penny spent.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/02/2018

Words cannot describe how much I love Hawkesedene after having our wedding there June 2, 2018! It is one of the most special places and made for a one of a kind weekend celebration! Our whole weekend was perfect! Hawkesdene was the perfect place to spend a beautiful weekend with friends and family to celebrate! We felt so lucky that we got to spend so much quality time everyone. Hawkesdene has a unique way of brining people together. It really created a bond among all of our friends and family. People who had never met before, left on Sunday being best friends.

From the beginning, Jami and Rob were so great to work with. They are laid back, but professional and responsive. I always felt like the wedding would be in good hands. They were very easy to communicate and plan with leading up to the weekend.
    The wedding weekend could not have been better and I owe all of that to Hawkesdene! The grounds are magical and so beautiful, and it definitely set the tone for the whole weekend! It has a way of relaxing you and calming you. All of the guests could not get over how beautiful it was! The staff is very attentive as well. And the food all weekend was just to die for!! Every meal was delicious.
    Jami was our day of coordinator and couldn't have been better at it. She has a way of getting stuff done but without being too bossy or rude...like some coordinators can be. I felt super confident with her running the show.
    I still day dream about our wedding day and am still in awe about it. I am so thankful that we chose Hawkesdene. Hawkesdene is truly a magical place!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Juliana · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I had our wedding here at Hawkesdene. My sister actually also had her wedding here the Fall before mine! We absolutely adore this venue and the staff. If you are planning a wedding and are looking for a romantic, beautiful, mountain weekend venue-- stop your search and choose Hawkesdene! The venue is beautiful in itself with several options for wedding weekend events rain or shine. Not only is it gorgeous, but everything you could possible think of, every little detail, has already been thought of and taken care of by the Hawkesdene staff. Our wedding day was not stressful at all, as Jami and her team made sure everything was taken care of. Our wedding guests also loved the venue because they got to not only enjoy the wedding, but stay in the mountains and have a wonderful mountain weekend away. Stop your search-- pick this venue! You will not be disappointed!! Here is a video from our wedding weekend:

Sent on 09/09/2018

Sara · Married on 04/21/2018

We were just married at Hawkesdene this past weekend and it was an absolute dream. The whole long weekend from start to finish was flawless and stress free. Jami is amazing and her and the rest of the staff are somehow able to anticipate your needs before you do. Every meal was so delicious and well thought out. Hawkesdene is a magical place and we heard from so many of our guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and how much they loved everything about the property, the food, and the wonderful people that run it. If you are considering Hawkesdene for your wedding, do not hesitate. It was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding and they gave us the best weekend of our lives.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Bianca · Married on 12/02/2017

There are no words to describe Hawkesdene! Our wedding was on 12/2/17 and everything was perfect! Working with Rob leading up to the wedding was great, he was prompt in responding to my many emails and calls. Jami and her team made my vision for the wedding come to fruition and I couldn't be more thankful for allowing me to be stress-free on our wedding day! The food was so delicious as well and our guests are already wanting to plan a trip back to Hawkesdene next year! Don't hesitate to book Hawkesdene as your wedding venue immediately!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Lindsey · Married on 10/21/2017

What can we say about Hawkesdene except perfect, perfect, perfect! Jami, Rob, and the rest of the Hawkesdene team did everything in their power to make our wedding weekend an absolutely perfect dream.

From the minute we stepped foot on the Hawkesdene property, we knew it was the only place we could imagine having our wedding. The estate is absolutely GORGEOUS - even when we visited in the dead of winter, we were still enthralled with the beautiful scenery, the incredible trees and foliage, the stunning cottages and beautiful main house. The estate was even more beautiful when we returned additional times to visit during the summer and fall.

While preparing for our wedding, Jami and Rob were incredibly communicative and available regarding all of the details leading up to our wedding. It was clear from the very beginning that the priority for the Hawkesdene team was not to nickle and dime us but to ensure that we had the most wonderful wedding possible. Jami was quick to offer us ideas on how to cut costs and save money while still retaining our vision.

During our wedding weekend in October, the entire Hawkesdene team was available every minute of the day to make sure everything flowed absolutely smoothly and perfectly. I had a sore throat on the day of the wedding and requested tea just before the ceremony - within five minutes, not only did I receive tea, but a beautiful tray of tea, honey, and crackers delivered by the chef herself. It was this attention to detail and personalization that marked our entire wedding weekend. We didn't have to worry about anything other than having a wonderful time.

I cannot rave enough about Jami, Rob, and the rest of the Hawkesdene team. My family loved Hawkesdene so much that my little sister is going to get married there in May 2018! We cannot WAIT to return to this magical place. I would rate Hawkesdene 100 stars if I could!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

THE BEST PLACE YOU COULD EVER GET MARRIED!!! We are so unbelievably happy we stumbled across this place for our wedding! All our guests had the time of their life and continue to tell us "Your wedding was the BEST wedding we have EVER been to". The staff is top notch. Jami the wedding coordinator is the best ever and is included in the wedding package. She is the nicest, most incredible, laid back, easy going wedding coordinator we have ever met! All the staff including the owners are very responsive to any emails or calls. We had a destination wedding from Florida, we only saw the property once and everything went flawless the wedding weekend. Jami and her crew decorated and made the entire scenery absolutely gorgeous! We could not have asked for anything better. The mountains are beautiful, guests can hike up to the top or hitch a ride by staff with a Kawasaki Mule. I can not say enough about the staff- they make you feel like family and treat you that way too. Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect, and everyone (including us) agreed that we picked the perfect location possible! You will love Hawkesdene, the staff, the property and everything associated with your wedding! INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE, we can't wait to go back and visit this property again!
    I could go on and on about this place because it is so unbelievable! A wedding weekend here will stay in your mind and hearts forever and you will be so happy with your decision.
    THE FOOD IS PHENOMENAL!!! THE CABINS AND BEDS ARE PHENOMENAL! No one has to drink and drive- it's a no brainer!
    We are forever grateful to hawkesdene, Jami, and the staff for the best weekend of our lives. WE LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!! :)

Sent on 10/22/2017

Cathie · Married on 09/23/2017

Hawesdene was the perfect place to hold our daughter's wedding! We were looking for a place in the mountains to spend 3 days celebrating with family and friends and we found it in Hawkesdene. Rob, Phil, Jami and their wonderful staff were easy to work with, flexible, and so dedicated to making our vision come to life.
    From the welcome dinner on Thursday, to the final breakfast on Sunday, Caroline, the chef, and her staff outdid themselves. Every bite was delicious and our guests are still raving about their meals. We had quests staying in every cottage and the main house and all were very pleased with their accommodations.
    The perfect venue with breathtaking scenery to celebrate!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/08/2017