475 Central Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07307 Map · Phone number

About Goehrig's Bakery

We promise you a lot, and we deliver.

Goehrig's is a landmark European artisan bakery in the convenient-to-everywhere Jersey City Heights. Established for more than 75 years, we hold true to the Italian tradition of quality while staying up to the minute in service. We deliver throughout the N.J.-N.Y.-Pa tri-state area, and we ship our delicious products to the world.

Current owners Joseph and Nancy Gigante purchased the bakery from Peter and Carol Gigante in 2005. Joseph learned the art of baking and cake decorating from his parents and gained added expertise at Johnson & WalesUniversity, where he apprenticed under seven master bakers during its 4-year course. He is a Certified Master Baker.

With a large and loyal staff, most with several years of service at Goehrig's, Joseph creates cakes for all occasions as well as classic pastries and breads. Wedding cakes get special attention. Designs are unique. If you can dream it, Joseph can design it and thrill you with its presentation.

Whether you drop by the bakery (we're open every day of the year except Christmas) or order by phone or online, expect friendly service and the most delicious food products available.

You benefit from our commitment to tried and true standards of excellence. Goehrig's customers are promised the best - and we deliver!

Picture055
Picture065
Picture055

7 Reviews for Goehrig's Bakery

Martha · Married on 07/28/2012

The staff was so helpful in helping us select the style of cake we wanted. They were very professional, and the quality of service was excellent. The cake was super delicious, and looked so amazing! Thank you Goehrigs bakery!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Jenny · Married on 03/24/2012

My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous & delicious!! This bakery is the best! Joe had a vision & it was executed immaculately! I provided the decorations (cake topper, ribbon, & silk flowers) & he created a masterpiece! Stop by their shop for their amazing cannoli's too!! :)

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • MizMo71110

Chemiere · Married on 07/11/2010

Goehrig's Bakery is a one-stop shop for value, courteous service, and phenomenal results! The cake tasting was conducted by a friendly bakery associate who took down my vision with amazing accuracy, even suggesting awesome finishing touches I hadn't even thought of. On the day of the wedding, I stopped in after my make-up consult to anxiously inquire that everything would be ready for delivery. The bakery staff were upbeat & nice...They even complimented my make-up and hair! The master baker assured me that all was well and hoped I would be pleased. Needless to say, the sand & surf-inspired cake came out exactly as I had envisioned and the red velvet w/cream cheese filling tasted even better than when we choose it at the cake-tasting. We had to keep an eye on our daughter who was desperate to pluck off the very realistic seashells & star fish! Guests complimented us on the simple elegance of it's design, how well it flowed into our beachy, casual-chic decor, and, of course, on the deliciousness of the cake itself. Thanks to the Master baker & all of the Goehrig's staff for making ordering and receiving our dream cake, well, easy as pie!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Award

Goehrig's Bakery FAQ

• What types of cuisine do you cater? French, German, Italian
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cheese, Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup