Gala Events & Weddings

PO Box 194, Arcata, CA 95518 Map · Phone number

About Gala Events & Weddings

Gala Events & Weddings is a full service event planning & consulting company, specializing in all of life's special occasions. Our mission is to create beautiful events that exceed your expectations, inspire your guests, and become experiential expressions of your core values. We are professional and collaborative in our efforts to build the perfect team of vendors implementing your vision with integrity, professionalism, and attention to detail. Near or far, we offer local and destination services.

We are based in Arcata, on the rugged Pacific North Coast of Northern California behind the infamous redwood curtain in Humboldt County. Our picturesque landscapes are the perfect back drop for any destination event or wedding. Whether you're seeking quiet, secluded beaches against rocky shorelines, serene and majestic redwood forests, or a step back in time to the quaint, Victorian era, Gala Events & Weddings will bring your vision to fruition with an event of a lifetime!

Wine glass

Gala Events & Weddings 5
Gala Events & Weddings 6
Gala Events & Weddings 7

Melissa · Married on 08/28/2018

The best decision I made in my wedding planning was hiring Alegria from Gala Events. She played so many roles flawlessly- my coordinator, my therapist, my organizer, my officiant! She is not only one of the kindest people I’ve met, she’s a true professional who goes above and beyond in making your day special. Thank you Alegria!!!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Gala Events & Weddings 8
    Gala Events & Weddings 9
    Gala Events & Weddings 10
    Gala Events & Weddings 11

Gala Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa. From our very first conversation, we had an instant connection, and I was honored to facilitate your marriage process over these last months. In fact, I've even been a bit sad at getting to the end of our work together... a true testament to just how much I adored you and your vision. I'm looking forward to our final wedding-related call this afternoon, and I do hope that our friendship continues in the coming years. It truly was a pleasure to be of service.

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2018

Having Alegria officiate our wedding was truly a blessing! My now husband and I actually almost chose another officiant until we met and talked with Alegria at the River Lodge Wedding show. She was sharing a table with another vendor and we were actually focused on that vendor until we heard Alegria speaking to another couple about also being an officiant in addition to a wedding planner. Her smile and calm inviting demeanor drew us in and as soon as we were done speaking with her, we knew we wanted her to marry us. Her genuine and glowing personality really shone through in those few minutes and in every interaction with her thereafter! Her warm and loving aura just exude through her words and actions. The emphasis and meaning she put into every word of our ceremony made everything that much more special to us and to our guests. We had people come up and ask us if Alegria was a close family friend because of the way she was so enchanting and radiating such happiness for us while she was performing the ceremony. We don’t think anyone could have done it better! Thank you, Alegria for being such a professional, amazing, serene presence on our special day!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Gala Events & Weddings 12
    Gala Events & Weddings 13
    Gala Events & Weddings 14
    Gala Events & Weddings 15

Gala Events & Weddings's reply:

Oh Sarah! These words are so kind and wonderful! Thank you so much for choosing me to be your Officiant. It was a perfect day, in a beautiful location, with wonderful people. It truly was an honor to be of service on your Special Day! Thank you for sharing these photos as well! Wishing you both the very best in your years to come!

Caitlin · Married on 10/16/2017

I chose the "Elopement" package which was perfect for Andrew and I. Since I do live pretty far from her, Alegria and I met over the phone and it felt like I was talking to someone I've known for years. She was very thorough and gave me immediate answers when I had questions. When we finally met in person it was in the forest and we hiked to our location where Andrew and I were married by her. I couldn't be more happier that I found someone so special and had her apart of our day. She will always be someone I will speak highly of and absolutely would recommended to my family and friends.

Gala Events & Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Muir Adams Photography
    Muir Adams Photography Wedding Photographers

I was EXTREMELY impressed by the amazing job you did last week with Brianne and Joe's wedding! From the organization and attention to details to the personalized ceremony and service you provided the couple - your professionalism and personality shined! I truly hope we can work together more often, and I've added you to my list of preferred vendors on my website in hope that more of my clients will give you a call.

• Flora Organica Designs
    Flora Organica Designs Wedding Florists

Alegria is very organized and professional.....a pleasure to work with!

• Mischa Photography
    Mischa Photography Wedding Photographers

Alegria was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was super easy going but still very organized and on top of everything. She came up with lots of creative ideas that really made our shared wedding a spectacular event and a joy to photograph. I can't recommend Alegria enough!

• PO Box 194 Arcata, CA 95518 See on map