30 Reviews for Gala Events & Weddings

Referrals (1)
Cultural (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
30 Gala Events & Weddings Reviews

I chose the "Elopement" package which was perfect for Andrew and I. Since I do live pretty far from her, Alegria and I met over the phone and it felt like I was talking to someone I've known for years. She was very thorough and gave me immediate answers when I had questions. When we finally met in person it was in the forest and we hiked to our location where Andrew and I were married by her. I couldn't be more happier that I found someone so special and had her apart of our day. She will always be someone I will speak highly of and absolutely would recommended to my family and friends.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

You were fantastic Alegria! You knew exactly what you were doing and I had confidence in you from the very beginning. I loved how you took charge at the rehearsal and kindly, graciously and authoritatively instructed everyone on what to do. I knew right then that you were worth every penny. You made the ceremony touching and meaningful despite there being no religious aspects to our wedding. This was exactly why I came to you and you did not disappoint. A lot of my guests told me how much they loved the ceremony and how much they loved you. You put me at ease and made everything so easy. Just like I would choose my husband John, I would choose you every time.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Alegria was absolutely wonderful to work with, and we truly enjoyed sharing our special day with her! With so much going on around us, she helped us relax and feel at ease. My husband and I traveled from Cleveland, OH for an intimate ceremony in the Redwood Forest, and Alegria did everything to make sure our ceremony was everything we had dreamed of. THANK YOU, ALEGRIA!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I could not have been more pleased with Alegria. She tended to my every need. I had never been married and would have never been able to do my wedding without her help. She envisioned what I wanted after our initial interview and never looked back. With Alegria, I was able to have the wedding of my dreams. Alegria, is truly "the bomb". She is familiar with everything involved in your wedding and will give you her opinion on who and what are the best choices.

Profile Picture Cindy, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding was in May 2017. I had no idea what I was getting myself into with planning my wedding and was overwhelmed at first, but Alegria was with me every step of the way. She helped me be realistic with my budget, while making sure I had everything I envisioned for my big day. She made sure I had a checklist, and she checked in with me often to make sure we were on track. Upon the day of the wedding I felt completely 100% prepared, I was surprised at the lack of nerves! Alegria and her team were there and handling the event from early morning into the evening, which allowed me not to worry about anything and enjoy every second of this beautiful day that we worked so hard for. Everything went perfectly, it was everything I had been dreaming of and more! I don't know what I would have done without Alegria and her team at Gala Events and Weddings!

Photos
Profile Picture Amanda, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Alegria is not just an amazing Wedding Day Planner, she is a wonderful person. She helped make both our engagement and wedding week and day so much less stressful, organized and well-planned. It was everything we were needing but didn't necessarily expect, she was much more than just a "day-of" planner. In fact, she was working with us months before the big day.

Ultimately, she helped envision, strategize, plan and execute our dream wedding experience with our closest friends and family members. We will remember that day for the rest of our lives, and for that, we will always be grateful and willing to recommend her.

Hire Gala Events and Weddings and don't look back, you won't regret it.

Best,

Jonathan and Elyse Marshall

Profile Picture Elyse, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We decided in June to get married in the Redwoods whilst on holiday from England with our young son, a trip we’d booked for early August. We wanted a simple and relaxed ceremony in the Redwoods, but didn’t have a clue where to start in arranging a location, finding an officiant, and dealing with the required permits and licenses. We were so lucky to find Alegria and Gala Events & Weddings via the Humboldt County tourism website! She immediately guided us through everything we needed to know and do to arrange our ceremony, with just a few weeks’ notice. After speaking to us at length prior to our trip, she completely understood what we wanted for our simple wedding, presenting us with lots of ideas whilst totally accepting what we did and didn’t want included, ultimately putting together a ceremony that reflected us perfectly. As time was fairly limited we had to make all the arrangements quickly, and we could tell immediately she was very organised and efficient and felt completely assured that everything would go to plan! She also went out of her way to help us with things that were difficult to organise from the UK, such as arranging the park permit on our behalf.

When we finally met Alegria on the day at the location she’d identified for us – a perfect small Redwood grove by a river, as we’d asked for – everything went just as we’d hoped and her relaxed and friendly approach put us at ease and helped us to enjoy the day. We couldn’t have hoped for a nicer person to oversee and perform our ceremony in the Redwoods and we can’t recommend Alegria and her team highly enough!

Thank you for making our wedding a stress-free and happy day!

Tora, Phil and Woody x

Profile Picture User5384776, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am not the first to point out that all weddings come with a small incident (i.e. wrong song, bride is late, etc.); well, that is what happened to me and with the support and encouraging words from my officiant, Alegria Sita, I was confident to walk down that aisle. She made the ceremony about us, giving us the opportunity to share our love the way we wanted it. She was very flexible working with our destination wedding and provided assistance throughout the planning process. Alegria is a great addition to your wedding should you need a person who is respectful of your wants and is the sweetest person to befriend. Her professionalism is remarkable and she will keep you on task towards your special day. We felt such a great connection with her that we invited her to dinner, as she deserved it for being the person she is. We are extremely satisfied of our successful, initimate wedding, and even moreso happy to gain a friendship from our wedding. Thanks again, Alegria.

Profile Picture Angela, 7/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gala Events and Weddings provided us the perfect container for our wedding day. We got married in the Redwoods with a moderate amount of people and a more simplistic ceremony style. From day one Alegria provided helpful ideas and inspiration to get us active in creating the day that we wanted. The whole day of our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. It felt so cliche to say it was my "happiest day ever", but that is truly how it felt. Part of that feeling was ability to just experience the day and be swept up in the magic of it all, while knowing that our vision was being carried out and the details were taken care of. All we had to do was show up at our location and be present. I am so grateful for Gala events for what they provided us and I would definitely recommend this service to others. Sometimes its hard to come with a full vision of what you are trying to create and hiring a creative and loving coordinator to help form that vision felt really important to us.

Profile Picture Kate, 6/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Cultural, Eco-Friendly

Alegria has a beautiful spirit, and presence. I was lost when I was pretty much on my own planning my wedding, and then needed to secure an Officiate for our ceremony. I found Alegria by google search, left her a message, and she got back to me later the same day. She was extremely easy to talk to, and very open minded. After we met in person for the first time to get to know each other and set expectations for the ceremony, my fiancé mentioned how relieved he was that I picked her. He was expecting more of a strict, and judgmental interaction that was in fact not the case. Alegria is excellent at providing ideas for those who may not be so creative (me), or allows as much room as needed for your own ideas.

Alegria is extremely reliable, trustworthy, and professional. She will not let you down! I did not utilize the full Gala services because I found out about them too far into the planning of my ceremony, and I had already secured everything else needed for our wedding. However, if I had considered a full wedding planning service from the beginning, I definitely would have considered Gala Events and Weddings.

Profile Picture Kandis, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gala Events and Weddings is a very professional vendor and I would recommend them to others. They are very good at responding to calls and emails and easy to work with. They helped us design the exact wedding ceremony that we wanted!!

Profile Picture User5058163, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alegria Sita of Gala Events & Weddings was a fantastic addition to our special day. We picked a beautiful wedding venue that was only upstaged by the help and services we received from Gala. Alegria helped us plan the ceremony which was time consuming and full of WAY too many options. She was able to help us narrow down the choices and make things a lot less stressful. We were worried our wedding budget would really effect the kind of wedding we wanted to have. Alegria was there with helpful suggestions and options. Its one thing to have lots of ideas, but we loved that she was never offended if we didn't like one. She would simply move on with more suggestions or tweek the thought we had until we could make it work. My wife and I could tell she was experienced and very good at what she does. Alegria was also our officiant on our wedding day. I would choose no other. I never thought, I would be married by a woman. Not that I had any pre-disposed notion against it, just never thought about it. But I am so glad we were. She was fantastic! Alegria had a natural ability to put us at ease. This was very important to us. Especially on this potentially stressful day. We did a lot of reading in advance about this special day and some of the pitfalls, stresses, and mistakes to avoid. We knew in advance that we needed to have the ability to just let go of the wheel and trust those we put in charge of our special day. It made our whole experience so much better. Luckily, we made some great decisions in who we put in charge and when. We received so many compliments on how laid back we seemed on our wedding day. This was really great to hear. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Alegria and Gala for helping to make our special day so carefree and enjoyable. We will cherish it our whole lives. We really lucked out finding you guys with all the other choices out there. But if anyone asked us.......Your the only choice! Cheers!!!

Profile Picture Justin, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

What a wonderful experience! When my husband and I first met we discovered that we both had the desire to go to the Redwood Forest some day. After 2 years together we came up with this crazy idea to elope. After pondering and stressing about nearby places in Indiana we stepped it up a notch we went for the Redwood Forest. Not knowing anyone from California we chanced a website or 2 and discovered Gala Events and Weddings. We spoke with Miss Alegria and just fell in love with her charm. We planned our whole wedding over the phone and by emails. It was so stress free and the end results were amazing. Thank you Gala Events and Weddings.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband (fiance at the time) and I met Alegria by fate at a DIY Wedding Planning seminar where for some reason, we were the only people that showed up! We had the greatest meeting with her and until that point, we hadn't even considered hiring a wedding planner! I just got promoted and had multiple trainings i had to leave town for a week at a time leading up to the wedding and i knew i wasn't going to be able to pull off my 100% party planning alone...

We called Alegria and she was so excited to work with us! It is VERY clear that she loves what she does because she put her heart and soul into helping us plan our wedding! We used her for "Partial Planning" services because i wanted most of the control but knew i'd need her help closer to the day and that's exactly what i got! We had meetings every other week where she would check in and give us a new to-do list, keep us on track and when it got down to the day, she'd check in daily and make sure i had everything i needed to stay sane on our big day!

I seriously don't think I could have had exactly what i wanted without Alegria and her team. There was one idea i wanted to pull together but i couldn't make it happen and on our wedding day, one of her staff happened to own and let us borrow her pipe & drape which really helped pull our entrance together exactly how i pictured!

We also hired her team for clean up services which was the best investment! They packed all of our stuff into the back of a U-haul we rented and made our wedding night stress free because we knew we didn't have to worry about our mess and neither did our family!

Bottom line: we had the BEST wedding we could have imagined and also gained Alegria as a great friend! She's amazing and i will definitely be hiring her in the future for more parties & gatherings :)

Profile Picture Hope, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We would like to thank the Gala team for a wonderful experience, and for their ability to create a stress-free environment on our wedding day.

Before we decided on a wedding coordinator for our special day, we were able to see Alegria and her team hard at work at a friend’s wedding. She was professional, attentive, and helpful, and went out of her way to make sure all of the guests were comfortable and were having a good time. Because of that experience, we knew Alegria and her team would be a great match for us.

From the moment we chose Gala to help coordinate our day-of wedding needs, Alegria was fully committed to making our wedding dreams come to fruition. She was insightful and contributed many creative ideas that gave our day that special “Humboldt” feeling. Our wedding was truly amazing and went off without a hitch. Gala provides the best Humboldt has to offer, and we recommend Alegria and her team for all your event planning needs.

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/27/14, 1 Review
4.7

Gala Events was exactly the team I needed to make my wedding go off without a hitch. I used Gala's DIY Bride services and couldn't be happier. Alegria was upbeat, she was very prompt, and she made me feel like everything was going to work out perfectly. She conducted our rehearsal quickly and efficiently, and on the day of our wedding she and her team set everything up, coordinated all of our vendors, and discreetly took care of every detail. I highly recommend Alegria and her team.

Profile Picture Julie, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Once I got off the phone with Alegria after our initial consultation, I immediately felt a sense of relief. I never thought I’d hire an event planner for an elopement, but that’s just what we did. I highly recommend it! Alegria provided a thoughtful and heart-felt wedding ceremony, a stunning ceremony location, beautiful and local flower arrangements, a top-notch photographer, in-town accommodations, and even restaurant recommendations and reservations. She took such good care of us! Being from out of the area, we could not have done this on our own. Thanks to Alegria’s knowledge, professionalism, and creativity the entire planning process was incredibly smooth and easy. She is very organized and always kept us posted on what was going on. She completely met and exceeded our expectations as an officiant and wedding coordinator. To top it off, she has this extremely calming and grounding energy that radiates. She made us feel so special on our wedding day, and played an integral part in creating our dream wedding. Our little elopement in the redwoods will be a day we will never forget.

Profile Picture User4302878, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Alegria as our officiant, I loved her so much that I wanted her company Gala Events & Weddings to be our wedding planner as well. That was one of the best decision I made for our wedding. She was always there if we needed anything, she always made me feel like she was completely there for her. She is a very professional woman, her company is so efficient. We had the pleasure of meeting her two assistants for the day as well, they both were wonderful. Helped me with all my problems as well as help all around the venue. They always asked me if I needed anything through out the whole day. I had the privilege to have both services and it is highly recommended, it was the best day of my life. There was some drama at my wedding and Alegria and her staff handled very professional and made it so much easier on me. The bride shouldn't have to deal with anything like that on her day and they made it go away. During our ceremony she kept me calm when I started to cry, she encouraged me to keep going. It was just so sweet and made me relax, she is just so wonderful. The whole company made sure that the venue was to perfection and the way that I wanted it to be. She made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be at all times during the ceremony. It was just so smooth and beautiful, so thank you Alegria and your team for making our day the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I hired Alegria/Gala Wedding and Events over a year before our wedding, for her day of wedding service. Even though I only hired her for our special day, she made herself available to us to answer any random questions we had and also to give advice. We would often meet up for coffee or a glass of wine, and she would ease my crazy bride-to-be mind, with her encouraging words of wisdom. The final weeks before the big day, she was a great resource, speaking with all of our vendors and coordinating how the day was going to go and what was expected from them. She brought to our attention any potential problems and worked with us to get them resolved. On the day of the Wedding her and her team arrived early, and stepped right in to finish with decorations and managing the arrival and set up of all the vendors. As the bride, she allowed me to relax and not worry about minor issues. I felt comfortable with giving her the power to make crucial decisions, because she was in tune with all the details we had spoke about prior to this day. From the beginning Alegria was encouraging, knowledgeable, and willing to work with our specific needs. By the end of it all we became friends and I am happy that we got to work together.

Profile Picture User4224430, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Honestly all Matt and I knew as that we wanted to be married in the redwoods. But coming from New Orleans and trying to find a wedding location, housing, officiate and restaurant for our own personal ceremony was a daunting task. That is until we found Alegrita. She truly took the stress out of everything. She is so sweet, informative and knowledgeable. Every time we spoke with her she put us at ease immediately and took the stress out of getting married so we could focus on what’s important... each other. She really created the exact wedding we always wanted but had no idea what we wanted in the first place. Not only did she find us the perfect housing for our wedding/honeymoon while we were in the redwoods but she also informed us of the ins and outs of the wedding process. She helped us choose our wedding photographer, which by the way was fantastic, and also our wedding location. The fact that Alegrita scouted out wedding spots for us prior to us arriving so we could choose when we got there was fantastic. Now keep in mind that we didn't go see all of them as we fell in love with the very first spot she showed us. It just shows how well she listens to what you want and then turns it into reality. I will tell you one thing about Alegrita Sita; she is one of a kind. When Matt and I renew our vows our first call will be to Alegrita. And watch out California. We are trying to steal her for Louisiana because she really is that perfect. Thank you Alegrita for making our special day the most wonderful day of our lives.

Profile Picture Bryce, 11/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Thorin and I couldn't have worked with a more professional, detail oriented, and fun officiate!! Alegria was (and is) AMAZING! She really went above and beyond at our wedding. Alegria's ability to communicate details, and to address potential issues was incredibly helpful. She truly was able to grasp a clear sense of what Thorin and I wanted to embody during our ceremony from the beginning, working with us, taking extra time if needed! You can tell that this is her passion, and that translates to how fluid our ceremony went. We are so very thankful for Alegria's calming, fun-loving presence during during all the stages of our wedding!!! Thank you!!! Much love, Shelley and Thorin

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Like we said to Alegria we could say thank you 100 times and It still wouldn't be enough! Our day was completely perfect and so much more than we thought it would be because of the love and amazing touches that Alegria put into every little and big thing she did. I knew I was going to hire Alegria from Gala Beleza Events & Weddings within the first 5 mins of talking to her on the phone before I even met her. She is so soft spoken and very attentive to every little detail. Very well organized and know matter what always has a smile on her face. We were very impressed with how professional she was and how well she kept everything together and moving so smoothly. As a bride I did not worry about one little thing because I knew Alegria had it under control. She is amazing at what she does and goes above and beyond. We couldn't have done it without her. Thank you so much for making our day so perfect. Chad and Ashley!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Just amazing! I am so thankful that you helped us create such a beautiful and funny ceremony. I really appreciate your professionalism. I also want to thank you for the extra humor that you provided. It couldn't have been more perfect!

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Simply put, our day was pure magic thanks to Alegria and Gala Beleza! We opted to bring Alegria on to coordinate the "Day Of" our wedding. We met several times in the two months prior to our wedding, and really felt that she listened to us as we shared our vision for our special day. She communicated clearly and helped us stay focused on our "next steps". Her connections and knowledge of local resources, as well as her ability to translate dreams into reality are what really set her apart! On the day of our wedding, Alegria was there to support our team and make sure all the details fell into place - we basically just needed to show up, get dressed, and enjoy our wonderful day! We have heard over and over again, from friends far and near, that this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. I fully believe that Alegria leaves every bride and groom feeling that way!!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

"After hiring Alegria to be our wedding coordinator, my husband and I were beyond relieved. On the first initial meeting, we instantly felt Alegria's warm, enthusiastic energy. She got to know each of our goals, requests, and interests in great detail, and went from there. She gave us excellent recommendations and ideas we would've never thought of if it weren't for hiring her help. The planning process for our wedding went from stressful to fun with that extra hand. On the day of our wedding, I was unbelievably relaxed and stress-free, which was my #1 goal. Alegria was somehow in 10 places at once that day, from coordinating all of our vendors, making sure they arrived on time to their designated areas/locations, to making sure I was well hydrated and well hidden from the groom, and making sure the napkins for dinner had the fold in them that I liked best. I love how she had an emergency kit with her, because in fact I did end up needing things I would've never thought to bring along with me. To top off the night, Alegria left us the sweetest surprise that made my heart melt. The entire experience was utterly incredible and I feel insane to think that I originally thought we didn't need a wedding coordinator, even for a smaller wedding. Alegria is absolutely amazing at what she does and we are so thankful for her services!" ~Julian & Melissa Montoya

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/27/12, 1 Review