"Serving Southeast Michigan", Allen Park, MI 48101 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Friend of the Bride

"You want to plan it yourself, but need a little help...from a Friend".
For 40 years, Friend of the Bride has been involved with weddings, and the one thing that stands out is that brides want to plan the wedding themselves. And they should!

The Two Biggest Wedding Problems

You are now planning your wedding, and should take full enjoyment in the preparation for this very important day. But, there will be two main problems.
First: "you don't know what you don't know". Even my most organized clients have been surprised at what they did not consider---not necessarily that they forgot something, but never thought of certain details, and how one element affects the others.
Second: you will be getting dressed, photographed, and who knows what else on the day of your ceremony! On top of these issues, how will you take care of last-minute vendor concerns? How do you expect to tend to problems if they arise with your ladies, or with the groom and his men, or parents and guests? How can you oversee the set-up (at the ceremony and the reception) to make sure it is logical, as well as presentable?

Easy and Very Affordable Solution

Friend of the Bride can have a one-time meeting with you to go over your plans and point out the pros and cons of the elements of your day in order to prevent any problems, and also to offer suggestions for things you may have overlooked. We would also have follow-up contacts to take care of concerns that come up from day to day, like timing concerns, tweaking decorations, and even pushy relatives! If more of your concern is for Day-of services, then Friend of the Bride will be there only as much as you need—from 2 hours to the full day. Fees are based on the service provided, not on the percentage of total budget.

Call Anytime

We are here for you 7 days a week, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. For the DIY Bride, there is no reason not to contact Friend of the Bride.

3 Reviews for Friend of the Bride

Christina · Married on 07/25/2009

Thank goodness you do small jobs, although this wasn’t that small! I can’t believe you were only given two hours to decorate, but you and your team did a wonderful job, and created the room I dreamed of. Thank you for driving all the way over to pick up the decorations at my work! I already referred you to my hairdresser’s other customer, and will definitely tell others about how you made my life easier, even for something simple.

Ayisia · Married on 05/24/2009

We knew we would need help with our wedding rehearsal because Crystal Gardens only gives a half hour. I thought that didn’t sound like enough time, so I called Friend of the Bride just to ask some questions, and one was how long should the rehearsal be. Beverly said plan on an hour and a half. She said she could probably get it done in an hour with our large group, but likes to have an extra half hour just in case there are questions or unforeseeable problems.

Since we could only get 30 minutes at the venue, she said we could have a pre-rehearsal, so we did at my mom’s house. We met inside so she could explain everything, then we went outside and practiced up and down the sidewalk. It might sound silly, but we had fun! The most important thing is that when we had our quick rehearsal at Crystal Gardens we knew what we were supposed to do, except for readjusting where we had to stand (no grass or cars in the driveway this time!). I am so glad we had the two practices because there were set-up problems from the wedding before ours, and the ushers and groomsmen knew what needed to be done because Beverly had talked about it.

Beverly was very helpful in being available during the planning process. We only had to meet for a consultation once, and she was very thorough. Of course, I still had questions as time passed, but she never hesitated to be helpful. She has a lot of experience, but does not try to be bossy…she really listens and tells what will work and what won’t. Friend of the Bride is the best friend!

Melissa · Married on 08/31/2008

From processional picking to gift advising, Friend of the Bride was there every step of the way, coordinating and comforting. It was so reassuring to have someone experienced and intelligent to email, and about absolutely anything.

From coordinating 25 musicians and 26 bridal attendants, to pointing out concerns that would affect almost 400 guests, to the surprise flowers dedication for our mothers, her expert touch made our entire wedding experience more wonderful than it ever would have been. Beverly was even the pipe-organist for the ceremony! I know there were lots of other behind-the-scenes work that went into making our day seamless, and can't thank her enough for her guidance and friendship. We couldn't have done it without Friend of the Bride.

Award

Friend of the Bride FAQ

• What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly, Military

• "Serving Southeast Michigan" Allen Park, MI 48101 See on map