Dexter, MI 48130 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Fourth Wish

Bride's Choice Award Winners, 2010 and 2011!

Southeast Michigan's class operation, offering live music for cocktail hours and dinner. We work with Fourth Wish, an award winning jazz quartet, and the Saline Big Band. This enables us to offer live music configurations from solo piano to seventeen piece big band and everything in between.

Over the years, we have worked in a wide variety of venues in Southeast Michigan, from the shores of Lake Huron to Albion and from Howell to the Michigan/Ohio border. We've also worked with a variety of sizes and types of receptions, from 30 guests to 300. We're open to a range of religious and secular traditions and are gay friendly. We pride ourselves on helping you to achieve your dream wedding and reception, whatever those dreams might be.

Give us a call and let's talk about how to make your wedding and reception special.

New! We now take PayPal for deposits. Use your credit card to pay your deposit securely!

Deposit amount 100 $100.00150 $150.00200 $200.00250 $250.00300 $300.00

Copyright Jim Shields, 2008
If you like, we can set up an entire evening of live music and DJing.  Something for everyone....
If you like, we can set up an entire evening of live music and DJing. Something for everyone....
Trio
889d1c8d4c814952 1529668573 3a17a7532fd528a8 1529668566602 2 d

8 Reviews for Fourth Wish

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2010

Jon and Brian were great!!!! Every Bride fears the worst and worries about everything on the big day and Jon really put the ease on everything for me. Everything fell together perfect! The lighting they supplied around the reception hall was beautiful and really set the scene. Lights even matched all my colors.
    The price couldn't be beat and the quality was great. Only suggestion to brides is to give a list of music a head of time with "old school" songs DJ's wouldn't normally play if you want them.

Laura · Married on 08/07/2010

I was wary of hiring a DJ company that manages lots of people and sends or "matches" you with one of their pile of potential contractors who you may or may not have really had the chance to communicate with well prior to the event - so I searched for an independent DJ for my wedding. After searching through a few options, I hired Jon (Jambalaya Sound & Light) to play the recorded music during my outdoor ceremony, DJ the reception, and to play with his quartet (Fourth Wish) during parts of the reception like the cocktail and dinner hours. He did a fantastic job with all of the parts of our big day. We really liked the option of having a talented group of live musicians combined with DJing and recorded music, which is an option (that I would highly suggest!) which Jon can provide.

Jon's responsiveness is unbeatable. Every time I sent him an email, I had a reply within an hour, usually much less than that actually, which is pretty impressive. He was always helpful and agreeable and had many great suggestions, too. We liked Jon from the moment we met him, due to his pleasant disposition and clear professionalism. He came to my rehearsal at no extra charge to ensure we were happy with all the plans and details, and at the reception played a great combination of songs based upon the info we gave him about our preferences. I'd told my father that we really liked our DJ prior to the wedding day, and afterward his comment was, "I can see why!"

Jon's rates are also a very good deal. I'd looked into a few other people who worked individually rather than with the multi-DJ companies, and Jon's rates were lower than the other 3 I investigated... and the others didn't even include live music! I'm not sure how they could have possibly been worth the extra few hundred dollars for recorded-only music considering everything about service I got from Jambalaya was spot-on. Even though we did not use his light equipment (since we had a daytime reception and did not think people would dance as much and we had an older crowd), he still had an assistant with him throughout the day to help ensure everything went well, too, so his prices also included an additional person to help out.

Additionally, Jon had 2 set-ups for his equipment so he could seamlessly move from playing music outdoors to indoors without a gap in continuity or having to use a walkie-talkie to coordinate the outdoor music with what was going on during the ceremony (which is the way some of the others I interviewed managed outdoor ceremonies... and sounded kind of iffy to me).

Sent on 09/03/2010

Fourth Wish's reply:

What a wonderful review! Thanks so much. :)

Just to be clear--regarding the opening sentences of this review--we're an independent DJ operation. We _never_ farm out weddings to other DJs. Jon is the DJ, Brian runs the light show, we're a partnership. You'll deal with us throughout, which is one of our strengths.

Ashlee · Married on 10/31/2009

Jon was the most gracious & understanding DJ/MC anyone could ask for on their wedding day. I didn't have any worries due to the excellent communication we shared leading up to the wedding. I found him on wedding wire thru the vendor match up program and he earned bonus points right away by honoring my wishes to not have vendors call me. Even tho I specifically stated this on my request I had about 3 DJs call me the next day & that was so irritating! I answered the calls because I was getting a lot of wedding related calls that I needed to take, and wasting time with these ppl who were quoting me way over my stated budget was a time waster & made me mad.

Jon and his partner were both very professional & not cheesy/corny like others I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing at past weddings. I want to thank them for being so accommodating with our schedule changes in the timing of songs as inevitably things changed once the reception was underway. As our wedding was on Halloween Jon and his partner wore vampire capes which I thought added a lot to the festivities, and he compiled a great list of the Halloween songs I requested to be played. They also had a huge list of songs for guests to request which my guests had a lot of fun with. For the price we paid for his services the service and professionalism we received is unheard of! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jambalaya Sound and Light for any event you need a DJ for, you will not be disappointed!

Fourth Wish FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Jazz
  • What music services do you provide? Liability Insurance

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Fourth Wish 1
    25% off second wedding at same venue!
    A lot of the work of live music and DJing (we do both) is in the setup and takedown of equipment. Because it makes our lives easier, we're offering 25% off for the second wedding at the same venue on the same weekend (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday). If you're a bride, book with a friend and split the discount between you. If you're a wedding planner, book both weddings with us and pass the savings along to your clients.

• Jim Shields Photography
    Jim Shields Photography Wedding Photographers

Jon is lots of fun to work with. As a photographer we enjoy working with professionals and that's just what Jon is, a true professional. He keeps the party moving with the songs the clients want to hear. Great guy too!

• Dexter, 48130 See on map