Downtown, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 13
  • Deals 1

About The Christina Kateri Band

BAND SIZE AND OVERVIEW

The Christina Kateri Band (CKB) is a boutique private event band based in Detroit, MI that travels from coast to coast and beyond. From a solo player up to a 12-piece band, clients are encouraged to customize each segment of their wedding in terms of band size and music style. Christina is happy to provide exceptional care to every client, by paying close attention to detail and remaining accessible throughout the entire planning process. She loves working with all kinds of people to ensure the music reflects their desires for their wedding, while creating a fun, tasteful and engaging environment that incorporates musical favorites to span the generations.

MUSIC AND SERVICES

With a healthy repertoire across every genre, The CKB performs any mixture of music the client wants, from Classical and Jazz to Top 40, Motown to Rock, R&B to Country, and everything in between. Provisions for ceremony, cocktail, dinner and dancing include sound, basic stage lighting, emcee services and gratis DJ services on band breaks, so it's a one-stop shop for your entertainment.

EXPERIENCE

Players are of the highest caliber, mostly from Detroit and Toledo, and many have played with the greats you'd be familiar with (Aretha Franklin, Cyndi Lauper, The Pistons, The Temptations, etc.). A few past and current clients include Interluxe Group for Maserati, The March of Dimes, Michigan State University, Farm Bureau, hundreds of couples for weddings, as well as other individuals.

PRICING

Pricing is based on many variables for each individual event, with the most popular wedding package in the $7,000 range. Please visit www.ChristinaKateriMusic.com/contact to request your proposal today.

INSTRUMENTATION AVAILABLE

• Banjo
  • Bass (upright and electric)
  • Cello

6 Reviews for The Christina Kateri Band

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely magical!

Christina and her band were absolutely amazing! Christina was so great to work with leading up to our big day - making sure she knew what we liked, didn’t like, and any special requests we had. She was so organized, which helped me so much because I knew that I didn’t have to worry about the music!

On our wedding day, she brought so much energy and pure joy into her work, it made our night so special! The dance floor was packed the entire evening and that’s because she played such great music that kept everyone engaged and wanting to keep the night going. We truly didn’t want it to end! I loved working with Christina and her band and would do it all over again if I could!! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/11/2019

The Christina Kateri Band's reply:

I'm smiling wider than I can articulate. :) Chelsea, your and Sri's wedding will go down in my books as a wishful standard for-ev-er. Your family was an absolute dream to team up with and seeing how beautifully the American and Indian cultures, along with your individual family traditions, were infused in every part of the day was breathtaking. The joy on all your faces as we celebrated and danced is one of my favorite memories from your wedding. I'm *so* grateful you chose my band for your big day and thank you from the bottom of my heart! I wish you and Sri a lifetime of happiness and love! XoX

Melissa Lukan · Married on 11/08/2018

Christina is fantastic and reliable!

I'm a wedding planner from Toronto and we were planning a fabulous Michigan wedding from out of country last summer. Live music throughout the day was a huge priority for our clients. The moment I spoke with Christina for the first time I knew she was exactly who we were looking for. Professional, warm, friendly, accommodating, and helpful at every turn. She was thorough throughout all of the planning stages which was such a stress saver for everyone involved.
    On the actual wedding day Christina and her team followed through and exceeded our expectations. Both musically and logistically. We hope we can get back to Michigan for another event with her soon! We can't thank you enough for everything! Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe our experience!

Sent on 04/27/2019

The Christina Kateri Band's reply:

Melissa! I can't express enough what a dream it was to work with you and Morgan. :) I loved getting to know you better and join forces to help make A + J's wedding day unforgettable. I wish I could partner with Lustre Events on all of the events my band plays, and I truly hope the opportunity presents itself again! Until then, happy planning and thank you!

The Christina Kateri Band FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season? $ 5,000 - $ 8,000
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season? $ 4,000 - $ 7,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 7,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Big Band, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Dance, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Rock, Strings, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• The Christina Kateri Band 1
    $200 off reception package

$200 discount when you book a 7-piece or higher on a reception package.

• Downtown Ypsilanti, MI, 48197 See on map