Face Value Salon - Aveda

Charlottesville, VA View map

Congratulations on your engagement! Hopefully you aren’t feeling too overwhelmed with the planning process so far. At Face Value we really want to help make this a smooth process. With that in mind, we encourage you to reserve your hair and makeup artist as soon as possible so that you have the peace of mind of knowing you have your "A" team in place!

Here are answers to questions that you may have about your wedding day services:

What should I bring to my wedding day hair trial?
Please bring your veil and any other hair accessories (clips, combs, hair extensions, etc...) that you are planning to use on your wedding day with you so that we can help avoid any surprises on the day of.

What should I wear to the salon on my wedding day?
We encourage you to dress comfortably and wear a button down shirt. This way you will not disturb your hair & makeup when changing into your gown later.

When should I wash my hair before the wedding day?
Please wash your hair the day before your wedding. If you absolutely must wash your hair the day of the wedding please be sure your hair is completely dry when you arrive for your appointment.

I am booking my wedding party on my contract but I want them to pay individually, what do I do?
No problem! We like to list the entire wedding party under one contract name to keep it simple in our system, but we are happy to have your attendants call in individually to pay for their services. As long as we collect all monies by your two-week deadline, we are a-ok!

Do you have a limit on the number of people you can accommodate in one wedding party?
Nope. We can do just one person or more than a dozen! That’s one of the benefits of having two fabulous salon locations and such a large team of twenty+ stylists!

• Joanna
    Joanna Married on 04/09/2022

Natural look, customized experience

I loved working with Jessie and the team at Face Value for my bridal hair and makeup and would recommend them to anyone looking to get married in the Charlottesville area. During the trial, I got to know my stylist, show her photos of what I liked, discuss colors and styles I felt comfortable with, and bring my hair pins to experiment with. We decided we didn't like the eyeshadow colors the first time, but had the time to pivot to a more neutral palette for the big day. She was totally responsive about the amount of coverage and color I wanted. I have naturally curly hair, and she worked with my texture, not against it. Most of all, we had a ton of fun! I brought my mother, mother-in law, and two sisters-in-law, and everyone was so happy with the results and the way the makeup felt and stayed put throughout the day. It looks great in all the photos!
    Mary F. Married on 06/22/2019

Fun, talented and professional!

Face Value Salon was such a joy to work with! Their salon manager Sherrie was so responsive and flexible when I planned our appointments. Their team of about 5 stylists came to our house and set up in the bathroom and bedroom for myself, 7 bridesmaids and my mother-in-law. They had quite the system going! They did all of our hair, my makeup, and my mother-in-law’s makeup in 2 hours. They did a great job on everyone’s hair and were super professional, laid back, and talented. Thank you for helping us all of us feel confident and beautiful on our big day!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 12/15/2017
    Can't say enough, loved using Face Value as my day-of make up and hair service. We did it in the Stonefield salon and used a whole crew of people. Julia did my hair and make-up and it was even better than I could have imagined.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Events with Panache Events with Panache Wedding Planners

Lucinda and her team are always a pleasure to refer and work with. Whether she comes to you on site or you visit the beautiful new salon - you will feel like a princess getting ready to walk down the aisle. Lucinda is always a professional and stays abreast on the hottest wedding trends. Her looks are never cookie cutter and are fresh in style. It can be a bit overwhelming to hand over hair and makeup to someone on your wedding day, but after meeting Lucinda you will have full confidence that she will make you look your most beautiful - and still look like YOU!

2050 Bond Street, Suite 130 Charlottesville, VA, 22901

Tuesday 9-8 Wednesday 9-8 Thursday 9-8 Friday 9-7 Saturday. 9-5
Location of (Face Value Salon - Aveda)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding