New York, NY 10019 Map · Phone number

About Everly Studios

Hi, my name is Jocelyn.

I'm a California girl who, despite her soft spot for windswept hair and surfer slang, has happily made her home in New York for the past 10+ years. I live in Brooklyn with my boyfriend and the cutest dog* there ever was (*only slightly subjective fact). I make a point to travel solo every year, and have accumulated passport stamps from six continents in the process. I make a mean miso black cod, I think storytelling is an undervalued art and I've been known to close out the dance floor. Also: I really, really like weddings.

For me, wedding photography is less about documenting a moment as it is about capturing a feeling. It's the wave of crazy-in-love relief that washes over the groom's face when he sees his bride for the first time. It's how post-ceremony newlyweds can't stop sneaking secret grins at each other. It's how there's nary a butt in their seat when the band cranks it up and everyone is dancing their hearts out. That stuff? Yeah, that's the good stuff. And I hope when you look back on my photographs way off in the future, you'll remember exactly how you felt the moment it happened.

I've photographed weddings, engagements and proposals on both coasts, and have had my work published in national and international magazines, such as The Knot. Take a look at my shots and style, and if it's a match, I'd love to hear from you.

See more photos, FAQs and details at www.everlystudios.com

Contact me directly at jocelyn@everlystudios.com

Featured on...

kataquinojamesloganathan0426141227lr2
nayak28
the nomad hotel wedding new york orourke wu 043 2
Everly Studios
the campbell apartment wedding new york orourke wu
042514aquinologanathan4

Everly Studios 1
Everly Studios 2
  • Laura

Laura Kukula · Getting married on 06/10/2021

A fabulous wedding/elopement photographer!

We're thrilled with Jocelyn's photos of our NYC elopement and can't thank her enough. Not only is she really talented, she's also lovely to work with.

We were keeping an eye on our budget, but photography was top priority and we didn't want to compromise. Jocelyn was really accommodating with this and gave us plenty of options. She was also very patient with all our questions!

As for the wedding itself, she shot the day perfectly. Number one, she captured our happiness and we feel good about ourselves in the pictures (this was no mean feat as we generally look unfortunate in photos and previously owned just one or two that we actually liked!) On top of this, she ticked off our dream NY backdrops: from the Ladies Pavilion and Bethesda Terrace in Central Park, to Times Square, and the zebra crossing at Radio City Music Hall (she literally risked life and limb to get that one). As if this wasn't enough, she even photoshopped the mud I'd got on my dress from our favourite photos, so we have several solid "framers." An extra thank you for this!

Needless to say I would definitely recommend Jocelyn for a NY elopement or wedding. It's the ultimate backdrop so you don't want to skimp on photography!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • F F

F F · Getting married on 04/08/2020

Awesome Experience from Start to Finish

After doing some research for an elopement photographer (less than 3 months before the big day), I came across Everly Studios. With the rise of couples turning away from traditional weddings, there were a lot of photographers specializing in elopements with great websites that detail the elopement process. What made Jocelyn’s website stand out to me was the style of her photos; how every one of her sample galleries rightfully looked like their own stories as opposed to different couples in the same exact poses. I reached out to her and we met for coffee. My fiancé and I had a pretty clear idea of what we wanted and she pulled all the details in. I appreciated all the questions she asked, really showing how she wants to personalize each event. She also set me up with the officiant she frequently works with, gave me suggestions for cake and hair/makeup and helped set up the timeline (she was also really flexible, and let us play by ear whether we wanted to shoot at a second location); her role was not just photographer, but also wedding planner. Jocelyn was really easy to talk to and 10 minutes into our meeting, I knew she was the right choice.

One thing I will note is that when we were reviewing the contract, we realized that it included a model release clause, which gives her rights to use our images. We were really uncomfortable with this, as we do appreciate our privacy. I looked around and it appears this is pretty typical in photography contracts. After discussing it more with my fiancé, we decided to agree to this as seeing other couples’ galleries is what drew us to picking her in the first place and why not let others see how well she captured our event, too. We have no regrets about this, but if this is something that is a dealbreaker for you, my suggestion would be to ask potential photographers about this upfront.

The big day came and went without a hitch, although I can tell she is the kind of person who can adapt to situations, stay calm during them and keep the couple calm as well! There was a mix of cued poses (nothing ridiculously unnatural though) and a lot of her just observing us and photographing us getting dressed, during the ceremony and afterwards. I forgot to mention that we wanted this to be a really intimate event, with no family or friends; just us, Jocelyn and the officiant. I’ll admit, it did feel a little awkward for us to be the center of attention the whole evening without any other subjects around for her to photograph, but it really did feel more like a friend was around; we felt that comfortable with her. The next morning, she sent a link to highlights of our wedding as a sneak peak and to share with family and friends. About 4 weeks later, we received the full gallery and we were both so impressed at how she documented our special day and how we not only looked like ourselves, but also felt like ourselves while we were being photographed, too! I would definitely recommend Jocelyn as a photographer, she truly has a gift for what she does.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Madelaine

Madelaine Cochran · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Amazing Elopement Photographer

Jocelyn was such a pleasure to work with. From the very beginning when we first reached out, she was super responsive and helped us through the entire process of location selection, lined up a wonderful officiant and made herself available for any other questions we had along the way. In the days leading up to our ceremony, Jocelyn made a point to reach out a couple times to make sure we were all set and even offered a few alternative locations due to the high chance of rain on our day. We lucked out with the weather and ended up sticking to our original plan in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The location was absolutely perfect. My husband and I are both pretty awkward when it comes to taking photographs and Jocelyn made us feel entirely comfortable which allowed us to really have fun with it. Her speediness in getting back our photographs was also such a nice surprise. She knew we were leaving the country the next day and she ended up sending us previews that very evening – meaning she went home from our shoot and spent her Friday night editing our photos. The full album came before the promised 2 weeks. Our entire wedding album is amazing – her photography style and editing is crisp and natural and so beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our day!

Sent on 05/03/2019