10917 Crider Court, Bristow, VA 20136 Map · Phone number

About Dragonfly Events and Design

Dragonfly Events and Design serves the Nation's Capital, Virginia and Maryland. We offer planning, design and coordination packages. Our design division offers: florals, lighting and decor that can transform any space and create a style that reflects you and your fiance!

Owner, Gretchen Wade and her team affiliate themselves with artistic souls and creative minds to give our brides and grooms the event of a lifetime. Every detail is carefully considered to maximize your budget.

We offer military discounts, 1st responder discounts, police discounts and teacher discounts. Please let us know in which way you are serving to make our world a better place!

Follow Dragonfly Events and Design on

Dragonfly Events and Design 6
Dragonfly Events and Design 7
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 08/10/2019

Everything we needed and more!

Our experience with Gretchen and Hayley at Dragonfly was wonderful and everything we hoped it would be for our wedding. We hired Dragonfly for florals (now called Nova Florals) and for day-of coordination, and they exceeded expectations in both of these capacities. We were nervous at first because we were planning our wedding from five hundred miles away from our venue, and we wanted it to include lots of vintage glassware, a homemade arch for the ceremony, and lots of other details that would require unpacking a moving truck, setting up, and putting floral touches on before our ceremony and reception; we had no reason to worry, though, because Gretchen and her team had everything handled from the get-go.

One of the best things about working with Gretchen was how frequently and professionally she communicated with us starting at the very beginning of our relationship with her. In addition to an in-person consultation and other scheduled in-person meetings (to check in, to drop off details for florals, etc. etc.), we also had multiple hour-plus-long check-ins via phone that were scheduled in advance and helped to ensure that everybody was on the same page and that all the small details were accounted for. Gretchen’s enthusiasm about our vision for our wedding and her encouragement to do things exactly the way we wanted to do them was really refreshing, especially when all the planning minutiae were starting to feel overwhelming. She also did a great job of smoothing over and clarifying some communication gaps and misunderstandings with our venue, which was a huge plus since our venue had some major staff turnover during our engagement with them. Before our wedding day, we had an amazingly thorough timeline, an excellent idea of what our florals were going to look like, and the utmost confidence that we were in great hands.

Although Gretchen was the primary person with whom we communicated throughout our engagement with Dragonfly, Hayley was our actual on-site coordinator for the dayof and she did a fantastic job. Both she and Gretchen were present for the walkthrough and rehearsal at our venue, and by the end of the pre-wedding process we felt good that all the last-minute things had been addressed and thought through as carefully as they possibly could be. Hayley handled everything with a smile, from bringing an armful of champagne glasses to the girls in the middle of the day to lining up a bilingual group for the ceremony processional to working with our venue staff to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the reception.

This review has been mostly about the day-of coordination (which was amazing!) but I need to gush for a moment too about how perfect the flowers were! During the planning process, Gretchen was extremely receptive to different ideas about what specific stems would look great in our colors and what would add texture to our overall look; she also had plenty of great suggestions that definitely helped to make our wedding florals as beautiful and interesting as possible. In addition to creating lovely renditions of the standard bouquets and boutonnières, Gretchen (through Nova Florals) also made hair combs for the women in the bridal party from a combination of real and artificial flowers and succulents that were just perfect.

We couldn’t recommend Dragonfly and Nova Florals highly enough, and we’re so grateful for everything they did to make our big day a success!

Sent on 08/28/2019
    Dragonfly Events and Design 8
    Dragonfly Events and Design 9
    Dragonfly Events and Design 10
    Dragonfly Events and Design 11

Valery · Married on 07/14/2019

A coordinator who truly lifts weight off your shoulders from start to finish!

Gretchen provided the most incredible wedding coordinator experience. From start to finish, she assisted with details big and small and answered any and all questions. Leading up to the wedding Gretchen seamlessly organized all vendor details and lifted weight off my shoulders left and right. Waking up the day of our wedding, I felt so comforted knowing the day was in her hands. Gretchen was calming, reassuring, encouraging, and also direct when needed. There is no one else I could have imagined trusting for our big day!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 11/03/2018

More than 5 stars! Amazing experience with Gretchen.

I said time and time again throughout my wedding planning process that Gretchen was my angel and I still standby that statement. I probably second guessed every choice leading up to my wedding except for two things: saying yes to my fiance (now husband) and hiring Gretchen.

She was thoughtful, creative, organized, detail-oriented, and incredibly experienced. Gretchen kept me and my family grounded in what was most important and brought us back when we started spiraling since we'd never done anything like it before!

She took care of the details and was a true partner in every aspect. I was in NYC planning a wedding in Leesburg, VA and she made herself available whenever I needed to chat in addition to regular touchbases, always being flexible and reassuring me we were right on track by being transparent with timelines and goals we needed to achieve. There are so many instances where I appreciated her offering her expert opinion when I needed it most - no question was too big or too small, she really knows what she's doing!

Beyond her expertise, she is kind and so much fun, so she let's you enjoy it all. My guests told me that it was the most fun and organized wedding they had ever been to! All thanks to Gretchen.

Plus, we had Dragonfly Events & Design do our flowers/decor and I was blown away by all she did. We did not stop hearing about how beautiful everything was from our guests.

It's so hard to write a review to capture everything Gretchen did, but this is my best! You will be blown away if you go with Gretchen and Dragonfly Events & Design.

Sent on 02/24/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Dragonfly Events and Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Kathy Blanchard Photography
    Kathy Blanchard Photography Wedding Photographers

Dragonfly's flowers stand out in mind as some of the best I have seen in the business. If I were getting married again and could have my "dream team", dragonfly would be among them!

• New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video
    New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video Wedding Bands

They are the best planners - organized, friendly, always go the extra mile for their clients. We offer the clients of our preferred planners a 10% designer’s discount off our services - photography $750, videography $500, dance bands $1500 + Hire them, you won’t regret it. Best regards, David Fletcher New York - Washington’s Best Musicians, Photo & Video

• Charles Jablow Photography
    Charles Jablow Photography Wedding Photographers

I've known Gretchen for a few years now. She's very experienced, and her events always go smoothly and professionally. After our most recent event, the Bride went out of her way to mention to me how happy she was with Gretchen's work. The event was beautiful. I'm sure yours will be, too, under Gretchen's care.

• 10917 Crider Court Bristow, 20136 See on map
    703-347-5702 (Phone number)
    703-347-5702 (Other Phone Number)
    Monday-Saturday 9am - 3pm