Dragonfly Events and Design Reviews

53 Reviews for Dragonfly Events and Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

53 Dragonfly Events and Design Reviews

Elaina · Married on 09/29/2018

Gretchen and Jessie were absolutely amazing and I could not of done my wedding without them! Gretchen also did my florals which were STUNNING and I got so many compliments on how beautiful my flowers were! She literally made my Pinterest board come to life and I couldn't believe how beautiful my wedding looked! She is very organized and made a whole floor plan and itinerary for me that we collaborated on which helped so much!! I was sad that Gretchen couldn't be at my wedding because she already had another one booked, but her assistant Jessie was there and she was amazing!! She made everything look gorgeous and made the day run very smoothly and calmed me down!!! I really don't know how people have weddings without planners - if you're doubting hiring one - stop now and hire Dragonfly!!

Dragonfly Events and Design 1
    Dragonfly Events and Design 2
    Dragonfly Events and Design 3
    Dragonfly Events and Design 4
    Dragonfly Events and Design 5

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

Gretchen was the best wedding coordinator I could have asked for! I met with her a few months out before the wedding, and we discussed everything I wanted to happen at the wedding step by step. She set up a great system for organising all the details. By meeting with her, I had a very clear idea of what still needed to be done, and this kept my stress level in the months right before the wedding. The day of the wedding, Gretchen did a fantastic job setting everything up as well as keeping everything on track. I had a guest who is also an event planner there, and she told me she was very impressed with the flow of the whole event. Gretchen also handled my flowers, and they looked incredible. She matched everything I showed her on Pinterest, and honestly, made some arrangements look even better. It was really great working with Dragonfly Events for both wedding planning and floral design!

Laura · Married on 03/23/2018

We originally weren't going to hire a wedding planner but after a friend recommended Gretchen, we reached out to her about day-of coordinating. I scheduled a phone consultation with Gretchen and immediately felt at ease. We ended up bringing Gretchen and her team on for Partial Planning and it was the best decision! From the first phone call until the last minute of the wedding reception, Gretchen was reassuring and confident; she encouraged my input while still taking charge and directing the process. She went above and beyond to bring our vision to life (while respecting our budget) and on our wedding day, managed a "crisis" with my dress like a complete pro! Her assistants were also experienced, kind and professional. The day before the wedding, I needed some reassurance to calm my nerves. Gretchen took time she didn't have to take to talk with me, walk me through a checklist and helped me relax and enjoy the "last" 48 hours. I remember thinking that THIS is the type of wedding planner you see in the movies. :) The only thing I would have done differently is hired Gretchen from the very beginning for full planning. You couldn't ask for a better wedding planner!

Jessie · Married on 02/06/2018

I can't begin to tell you how perfect my Wedding was and I give all thanks to Gretchen!! All my wedding stress went out the door the first time I met her happy, cheerful self. From that moment on it was just a dream working with her and planning the wedding of my dreams. My big day came and she went above and beyond anything I couldve imagined. I mean I was just completely blown away with how perfect she made everything. Thank you for the best day of my life!!

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Gretchen for my wedding at The Winery at Bull Run! She worked on my flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, flower arrangements for the ceremony, and the most beautiful floral hair piece. The flowers had already been delivered by the time I even arrived to the ceremony site!
    When I saw the flowers I was awe struck. They were gorgeous and absolutely everything I had asked for. My bridal bouquet was lavish and colorful and I received so many compliments on how beautiful it was. The decor for the reception looked awesome and Gretchen was even flexible enough to make me an extra centerpiece just days before the wedding when I had to re-arrange my table assignments. Gretchen's work is incredible and I was so happy with the final product! Thank you Gretchen!

Dragonfly Events and Design 6
    Dragonfly Events and Design 7
    Dragonfly Events and Design 8

Alexa · Married on 09/15/2017

Wow!!Where to even start? I hired Gretchen as my day-of planner and florist for our wedding, and it was by far the best vendor decision I made for my wedding. She made rustic romantic vision come to life with the most beautiful greenery, floral arrangements, a multi-purpose flower arch (that my guests are still raving about), cake flowers, wedding party bouquets/boutonnieres, and Table card centerpieces , completed with all the most perfect details from Gold Candlesticks to other rustic touches. From my first phone call with her, I knew she understood exactly what I wanted and she had the best ideas to compliment my pieced-together Pinterest inspiration boards. She was SO responsive, willing to work in my budget and repurpose items (We also used her for Rehearsal Dinner Flowers), and I trusted her the whole time. On the day of, it was no surprise that not only were the arrangements beautiful, but she executed the day-of events flawlessly. I was never stressed because I knew she had it under control and was super organized from day one in coordinating with my vendors. I’ve since recommended Gretchen to several other brides, who I know will be just as thrilled as I was if they choose her. Go with Gretchen and her amazing team from Dragonfly events ..You won’t regret it !!

Jordana · Married on 04/29/2017

It took 7 months to plan this lifecycle event involving participation across four states including New York, Massachusetts, Florida and Virginia. At times, it was frustrating and we wondered if it would all truly come together as the Bride's vision of her rustic, swanky chic affair. Led by Planner/Florist Gretchen Wade @dragonflygw we put our faith in her to lead us and keep our concerns to a minimum. We already had the perfect clean slate venue @shadowcreekweddings. She suggested @maineventcatrs and we agreed, crafting a menu of delectable low country fare. We researched and found DJ Romin @zandientertainment because everyone knows the DJ is the heartbeat of the party. The Bride saw Hay Alexandra's work and booked her as the art photog. Sunday is now a precious memory of a magical day where two people in love were celebrated by family and chosen family in the very best way possible. We are still reeling, over the moon, grateful, feeling blessed. This is what it looks like when you assemble a creative team of the most talented individuals of the Virginia/DC wedding industry!

Shara · Married on 09/04/2016

Gretchen was absolutely the best coordinator a bride could ask for! She made sure everything went smoothly and even ran the rehearsal. She did everything behind the scenes to make sure the day was flawless. My wedding day was beyond what I could have ever imagined, thanks to Gretchen and her great ideas!

Emma · Married on 06/11/2016

I think one of my favorite parts of our wedding was the flowers. I am no flower expert by any means, but I knew the look and feel I wanted for the day. When I met with Gretchen she jumped on my vision and immediately started listing dozens of different flowers that would work and I knew that all I needed to do was trust her and she would do an amazing job. Gretchen not only provided me with my vision for the flowers, she improved it!! The flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. You can really tell she takes a lot of pride in her work - she even seemed to tear up when she had to say goodby to my bouquet. We received so many compliments on the flowers, and we couldn't be more happy that we went with Dragonfly Events and Design as our florist.

Janine · Married on 05/21/2016

Working with Gretchen was a dream come true. I used her for both flowers and Day-of Coordination. Honestly the only thing I would change is that I would have done full planning and taken advantage of her help earlier and for more of the wedding planning process. She understood my vision from day one and ran with it. She somehow manages to figure out what your dream is and make it happen without needing supervision or hand holding. The day of the wedding she was calmness in the middle of a tornado, I don't know what I would have done without her. The flowers were beautiful and I was so happy with the way everything turned out. Even though we were plagued with last minute rain, she pulled together a plan and made everything beautiful. You will not find a more dedicated, professional, and attentive planner. I can't recommend her highly enough!!!

Gretchen was AMAZING! She provided the flowers for our wedding. From our first conversation on the phone she immediately got my vision. She answered my MANY questions along the way and was responsible, professional and never annoyed. I dealt with a lot of vendors that day and Gretchen was an absolute delight (especially compared to most). She took the time to meet me at the venue and explain everything we had talked about so I was comfortable. The flowers were gorgeous. I did not know that Gretchen provided full coordination services and not just flowers until a few months before the wedding but if I had known I definitely would have hired her. She knows how to decorate and plan a wedding to create a beautiful experience. I fully recommend her! I

Megan · Married on 05/07/2016

Gretchen was absolutely amazing! We had a huge hiccup with our original venue, but Gretchen guided us through the process of finding a backup that was not only just as good, but actually better. And I loved the flowers that she put together. I gave her adjectives to describe what I wanted (fun, different, wild flower) and she took those and ran with them. All of our guests had nothing but positive things to say about the look of our wedding. All of the little details added to the theme we were going for and they all tied together in a package that was everything I could have hope for. Honestly, I would have been lost without her.

Madalyn · Married on 10/03/2015

I can not even begin to express how blown away I was by Gretchen and Dragonfly Events & Design's work. My flowers were breathtaking as were the centerpieces! From the start Gretchen made the process so easy and she was always so quick to communicate whenever I had any questions and took the time to sit down and meet with us to ensure our vision came to light. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone and am so thankful that Gretchen made our day even more special!

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

We really enjoyed working with Gretchen! We used her for our wedding planning, design and floral. We got married on 10/3 which was the weekend of Hurricane Joaquin. Our plan was to have our 2 hour cocktail/hors d'oeuvres hour outside with the many yard games and fire pits our venue provided. The 100% chance of rain, flash flood warnings and high wind alerts put a huge damper on our plans and was very upsetting to me. As you could imagine I was seriously stressing over the weather leading up to our day. Gretchen did a great job of checking in on me to make sure I wasn't completely losing it (though I did several times) and reassured me over and over that even though we had hoped for no rain she would make our day amazing regardless. She delivered! It turned out absolutely beautiful despite the yucky weather and the flowers and design could not have been more perfect! It was cold and rainy the entire day but nobody cared because they were all having such a fantastic time in the beautifully decorated space! Gretchen did a fantastic job planning our day and provided that extra support that some brides (like myself) need by being present and making sure everything ran smoothly on our day! She is a great planner, decorator, florist and after working so closely with her for months, friend. I would recommend her!

Kristen · Married on 10/02/2015

We just got married Friday 10/2 at The Winery at Bull Run. Over the past year leading up to the wedding, I emailed back and forth with several vendors for lighting + florals. Gretchen was always fun and easy to work with, and I could not be happier that we went with her! No wonder she is on their preferred vendor list!! She installed uplights, and hung string lights in the Barrell Room and truly made it a magical space!

As for the centerpieces and bouquets/boutonnieres... I sent her some color ideas and inspiration photos and she worked with me on different types of flowers she suggested (complete with very detailed descriptions, photos, and prices that made it all simple and easy!). When it came down to it, I had a vague idea of what the final products would be, but overall felt comfortable trusting her judgment to bring us something amazing and she did NOT disappoint! The wedding ran so far behind schedule that I didn't even get a chance to see my flowers until I was about to walk down that aisle. They were seriously the most beautiful arrangements I have ever laid eyes on!! Better than anything I could have imagined!

Thank you so much for the most perfect flowers and for the breathtaking ambiance! I cannot recommend Gretchen and Dragonfly Events and Design enough!!

We hired Gretchen to do our floral design for our wedding. It was absolutely BREATHTAKING! I got to meet her in person a couple of months before the wedding to review our vision and boy did she deliver. She went above and beyond my expectations. I received so many compliments on all of our flower arrangements and designs. I would highly recommend her services. She is absolutely amazing!

• User4191011 · 2+ years ago

We worked with Gretchen to plan our wedding at Shadow Creek in Purcellville. After working with her, I don't know how people could possibly plan a wedding on their own. Not only did she do a great job, she is so easy to work with and went out of her way to make sure our wedding day was perfect. She also did our flowers for the event and they were beyond beautiful. We used her for the rehearsal dinner flowers, and she made she they would match so we could incorporate them into our wedding day decor as well and that worked out wonderfully. HIGHLY recommend Gretchen and Dragonfly. They really made our wedding day wonderful.

Nicole · Married on 02/20/2015

I am an event planner by trade and knew I didn't want to worry about the minutiae of details required to setup my wedding on the day of. Gretchen had planned my friend's wedding a few months prior, so I called her up and her month of planning was exactly what I needed. She met with me to go over my vision for the wedding and the items I had already put together...I am extremely picky, but she was a great sounding board for ideas that I wasn't quite sure about and even helped me search for the perfect linens to fit in with that vision. Not only did she help with coordinating all of the vendors in the month before the wedding, but she also did my floral arrangements, which turned out even more beautiful than I had imagined. Her day-of coordination is something that no bride should go without. My wedding was at Morais Vineyards, which was an absolutely gorgeous venue, but like a lot of venues, they don't allow you to setup decorations or leave anything the night before. Gretchen and her crew were able to pull together all of my pintrest-inspired creations and get the place looking fantastic all within the few short hours that we had available before the ceremony. Thanks to Gretchen, I had not a care in the world on my wedding day. There were a few snafus, like the caterer not bringing mixers or our shuttle service breaking down, causing the wedding to be delayed an hour, but Gretchen took care of each of those items and I didn't even know anything had happened until after the ceremony was over. Gretchen is definitely fantastic and I would recommend her for both wedding planning and floral decor in a heartbeat.

Allison · Married on 10/04/2014

Beyond exceptional! From the moment I met Gretchen her energy and passion poured out in conversation and I knew I needed her guidance and expertise. She is extremely knowledgeable about the entire wedding industry and made great detail and vendor recommendations to ensure a beautiful, cohesive and smooth event. Her recommendations on what details were important to keep and what to skim were right on point and helped us manage our budget. Through conversation and Pinterest boards she was able to see my vision, enhance it and execute it more beautifully than I could have imagined. She bent over backwards to ensure we were happy with the venue and ceremony site. She is THE Miss Fix-It and exceptionally creative, making our wedding day flawless and completely stress free. Even my parents were extremely pleased with her attentiveness and all our guests commented on how beautiful the bouquets and flower arrangements were. If you are on the edge about a wedding planner or can't decide on who to go with, I can absolutely say choosing Dragonfly Events & Design is the best decision you will make.

Gretchen of Dragonfly Events & Design was a dream to work with! The first time I called her, she listened to my ideas, looked at my Pinterest boards, and drafted a proposal of all my florals right then and there. She is SO creative and innovative- she saw my vision even better than I did! When I saw my bouquets, they were better than I had even pictured them in my head. My guests and photographer were all asking who my amazing florist was!

Her responsiveness and communication skills were top notch- even when I would email her in the middle of the night about colors, she got back to me ASAP with advice, and always answered or returned phone calls promptly.

Dragonfly Events & Design was such a great find for our wedding! Working with Gretchen as our day-of coordinator was so easy and helped make the big day go so smoothly. Her flowers were GORGEOUS! We were very happy and highly recommend this vendor!

Kelly · Married on 10/04/2013

Flowers, Centerpieces, bridal bouquet, ceremony flower, reception details...Everything was BEAUTIFUL. I planned my wedding out of state, Gretchen made everything easier, happier and beyond anything I had imagined. She took my vision and ran with it. Seeing the final masterpiece the day of my wedding, I was blown away. I left everything up to her, and it was the best decision I made. Thank you!!

Kelly (Dexter) Coupe

• CR

Christine · Married on 05/19/2013

Gretchen at Dragonfly is so creative and fun to work with while planning a wedding. She was always there to listen to all my ideas for decorations, and really brought to life our vision with her talent for design. Both Gretchen and her assistant Morgan were so kind on our wedding day, working all day and night to make sure everything was beautiful and went off without a hitch.

The flowers (my bouquet! the pergola we married under! the centerpieces! the orchids for my hair!) were all simply gorgeous! The string lights she hung for us made the renovated barn where we had dinner and dancing look like an enchanted inn in the countryside. I am so glad Dragonfly Events and Design was there to coordinate with all my other vendors as well, so I didn't have to worry about a thing when plans changed last minute due to a potential rainstorm.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dragonfly to other couples planning a wedding or anyone needing help with a large event.

Juliette · Married on 05/18/2013

Gretchen went above and beyond in making my wedding day so special. I hired her as my day-of coordinator, so that my family wouldn't have to worry about anything on the day of, and also as my florist. I am very particular in my taste, and I told Gretchen exactly how I wanted everything to look. She was so helpful in her suggestions, and she made the planning process a little easier on me. My flowers were so beautiful, and I got many compliments on them. She also added some charming touches to my guest tables that I didn't even have in the contract. She kept me on track the whole time, while also letting me enjoy myself. She was the one who made my wedding so beautiful, and I am so happy I decided to hire her. I highly recommend hiring Gretchen as your day-of coordinator because there are so many events that take place during a wedding, and somebody needs to be keeping track of where everyone is, where everyone should be, what needs to be done next, what needs to be set out, etc. She's done so many weddings, but I really felt like she honestly cared about how my wedding went, and it turned out so beautiful.

• User3231932 · 2+ years ago

gretchen was wonderful to work with. She listened to all my requests. She was available whenever i needed her.She fulfilled my vision of the wedding reception of my son and daughter-in-law.