920 horton st, Colonial Beach, VA 22443 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

7 Reviews for dori farrell

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 04/06/2013

Dori was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding, hands down, she is amazing! First off, you really can't "google" her and find information, she is so good that word of mouth is all she needs! I kept going to events in town and people were raving about her so I knew I wanted to set up a tasting for our wedding...she made over an hour drive from her house to mine to do a private tasting with myself, my husband and my mom and even with that long drive her food was still warm and tasted better than other caterers we met with at their own kitchens!

She wants to know all about your event, what the theme is, what you like/dislike, and anything else you can think of and she will come up with suggestions which you can go back and forth with tweaking. I gave her my budget and she came in slightly under which is nice and there was absolutely no shortage of food! We had tons of appetizers and 4 different food stations for dinner, all her food is delicious but people are still raving about her crab cakes which she sauteed as you came up to the table.

I really can't say enough good things about her, you will not be disappointed in choosing her and really it would be a shame to go with anyone else. There is a reason she doesn't need to advertise and is constantly busy! You mention her name in Fredericksburg and people know it. Thank you Dori for all you did!

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 06/11/2011

food was great, and the service was amazing

Sent on 06/20/2011
  • wistsa

Sara · Married on 07/25/2015

Dori Farrell’s catering and her team were excellent. The set-up went smoothly, the meal was delicious, the service was superb and the clean-up completed on time, in spite of unexpected issues with kitchen equipment that kept Dori and her staff creatively problem-solving for the entire evening of the wedding. Dori’s dishes and their presentation were exquisite and our guests raved about the meal. Working with Dori was fun and she was very helpful in thinking through the logistics of the meal and the reception,
    bringing her vast experience to help us work through details and create a wedding that reflected our family’s tastes. Dori stays very busy and may be hard initially to reach by phone but she always returns calls and spends whatever time is needed to plan the event. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/13/2015