Brooklyn, NY 11205 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Dj Shakey

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY - shakey@djshakey.com, 201-679-9736, or send your details for a quote with my website's online quote form: http://tinyurl.com/shakeyquote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dj Shakey is for wedding couples who want something different than the typical "cheesy" wedding dj.
Top rated: Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Bizbash, WellWed, and more!
I customize the music for every event.

FOR WEDDINGS: I combine your requests and guidelines with my collection of crowd pleasers and personal favorites. I try to play something for everyone and make sure it's a great party. The amount of emceeing (if any) is chosen by the wedding couple, no showboating! I have worked in the NYC clubs for 20 years (and still do), I mix and match beats like a club dj.

When contacting me for a quote, please include: date, venue address, music start / stop times, number of guests, basic schedule, any other equipment related details (like music in more than one room, alternating with band, etc). Feel free to call with questions, no annoying hard sell, just answers and recommendations.

MUSIC:
80's, soul, mashups, dance, funk, remixes, rock, oldies, swing, alternative, latin, reggae, ska, soca, house, club - classics, lounge, hip hop, R&B, jazz, rareties, disco, pop, blues, acid jazz, breakbeat, rave, mod, psychedelic, punk, metal, country, standards, DC go-go, bass (miami / detroit / baltimore breaks / chicago), turntablism, jungle / d'n'b, novelty, world, EDM, experimental, LOTS MORE!.....

For more info, venues, past clients, more press, music, see www.djshakey.com
Scroll down for anwers to your FAQ

64 Reviews for Dj Shakey

Evan · Married on 08/04/2018

Shakey was an absolute dream to work with. I've danced to her DJ sets many times and knew she had a reputation as a top shelf wedding DJ. When time came for me to find a wedding DJ she was the first person I reached out to. Shakey not only made it incredibly easy to articulate our musical vision for the reception, she also thoughtfully educated us on what works best, musically, for a wedding like ours. Hard to put a value on the confidence that came from knowing that we were working with someone who has thousands of hours of experience doing something so important as setting the vibe for our wedding.

In the above and beyond category: she also rented us the DJ equipment and soundsystem, set everything up and coordinated with 2 other DJs we also had to make sure that the night flowed smoothly. And it really did. First dance was perfect, the hora was beautiful chaos, and the dance party afterwards had all 3 generations from both of our families shaking it on the floor. I really couldn't be happier with how the music turned out. I'm also not surprised at all, because I knew from the start that Shakey was a true master.

Matthew · Married on 05/05/2018

DJ Shakey was a fantastic DJ for our wedding-- played a great mix of tunes that reflected our tastes, while still allowing flexibility for requests, etc. Reliable and responsive, she helped make the night a blast!

breanne · Married on 09/23/2017

DJ Shakey is a gem. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of music, and is really excellent at integrating your personal taste with songs that keep your guests happy. We gave her a list of about 8 or 10 "must plays" and about 25 other suggested songs so that she could get a sense of what we liked -- she played many of the songs we suggested, blended them perfectly with her own selections, and kept the dance floor packed all night. She is also super chill -- she made a few bare bones announcements, but otherwise let the music speak for itself, which is exactly what we wanted.

Dj Shakey FAQ

• What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Liability Insurance