Dj Shakey

$2,000 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,000 Most Popular Price

• PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY -
  • shakey@djshakey.com, 201-679-9736, or send your details for a quote with my website's online quote form: bit.ly/DjShakeyQuote
  • www.djshakey.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dj Shakey is for wedding couples who want something different than the typical "cheesy" wedding dj.
Top rated: Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Bizbash, WellWed, and more!
I customize the music for every event.

FOR WEDDINGS: I combine your requests and guidelines with my collection of crowd pleasers and personal favorites. I try to play something for everyone and make sure it's a great party. The amount of emceeing (if any) is chosen by the wedding couple, no showboating! I have worked in the NYC clubs for 20 years (and still do), I mix and match beats like a club dj.

When contacting me for a quote, please include: date, venue address, music start / stop times, number of guests, basic schedule, any other equipment related details (like music in more than one room, alternating with band, etc). Feel free to call with questions, no annoying hard sell, just answers and recommendations.

MUSIC:
80’s, soul, mashups, dance, funk, remixes, rock, oldies, swing, alternative, latin, reggae, ska, soca, house, club - classics, lounge, hip hop, R&B, jazz, rareties, disco, pop, blues, acid jazz, breakbeat, rave, mod, psychedelic, punk, metal, country, standards, DC go-go, bass (miami / detroit / baltimore breaks / chicago), turntablism, jungle / d’n’b, novelty, world, EDM, experimental, LOTS MORE!.....

For more info, venues, past clients, more press, music, see www.djshakey.com
Scroll down for anwers to your FAQ

• Woman-owned

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Chris C. Married on 11/12/2022

DJ Shakey Rocks!

Julie AKA DJ Shakey performed at my now sister-in-law's wedding back in 2009 and was tremendous and my now wife and I knew when planning our wedding she was the first vendor we needed to book. She was both professional and thorough along with laid-back and encouraging of what music we envisioned for the day.

Moreover, she worked great with our other vendors - the venue especially - to figure out sound solutions. Day of went perfectly from the ceremony and cocktail hour to microphones for the speeches and extra hour of music to cut loose.

Ultimately, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding and we are excited to have been the first wedding DJ Shakey managed that included the Minutemen and Three 6 Mafia in the setlist. We wholeheartedly recommend her for your special day. Thanks again, Julie!
  • Jason
    Jason L. Married on 10/31/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shakey knows how to get things shaking

I have known DJ Shakey for some time. She is a veteran DJ in the NYC underground scene. I hired Shakey to DJ my wedding in up-state NY. She arrived on time and proceeded to play exactly the tunes we wanted to hear for the first part of the set. For the second part of the set, she let loose with the kind of beats that got things moving, including a somewhat reserved retired federal magistrate that found her way to the dance floor. I can wholeheartedly recommend DJ Shakey for your wedding. Whether you prefer the classics or cutting edge EDM from the underground, Shakey has what you are looking for.
    L.f Married on 10/15/2022

Excellent!

Julie was an absolute dream to work with. Highly recommend!
  • illustration stars