Brooklyn, NY 11205 Map · Phone number

About Dj Shakey

• PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY - shakey@djshakey.com, 201-679-9736, or send your details for a quote with my website's online quote form: http://tinyurl.com/shakeyquote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dj Shakey is for wedding couples who want something different than the typical "cheesy" wedding dj.
Top rated: Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Bizbash, WellWed, and more!
I customize the music for every event.

FOR WEDDINGS: I combine your requests and guidelines with my collection of crowd pleasers and personal favorites. I try to play something for everyone and make sure it's a great party. The amount of emceeing (if any) is chosen by the wedding couple, no showboating! I have worked in the NYC clubs for 20 years (and still do), I mix and match beats like a club dj.

When contacting me for a quote, please include: date, venue address, music start / stop times, number of guests, basic schedule, any other equipment related details (like music in more than one room, alternating with band, etc). Feel free to call with questions, no annoying hard sell, just answers and recommendations.

MUSIC:
80’s, soul, mashups, dance, funk, remixes, rock, oldies, swing, alternative, latin, reggae, ska, soca, house, club - classics, lounge, hip hop, R&B, jazz, rareties, disco, pop, blues, acid jazz, breakbeat, rave, mod, psychedelic, punk, metal, country, standards, DC go-go, bass (miami / detroit / baltimore breaks / chicago), turntablism, jungle / d’n’b, novelty, world, EDM, experimental, LOTS MORE!.....

For more info, venues, past clients, more press, music, see www.djshakey.com
Scroll down for anwers to your FAQ

• Mon Amie Events NYC
  • 20 Twenty Entertainment
  • Soulful Sounds

68 Reviews for Dj Shakey

1 User photo

• Rochelle

Rochelle · Married on 08/17/2019

Shakey rocked the party!

DJ Shakey did a really amazing job at our wedding. In addition to playing an awesome selection of songs, she handled a lot of logistics like coordinating different songs during our ceremony, setting up speakers in multiple locations, and introducing the speeches. When the dance party started DJ Shakey really rocked it and people went wild (there was line dancing, a mosh pit, and crowd surfing, but if you want something more peaceful we're sure she can deliver that too). Shakey is really easy to work with, super nice, and very professional - we definitely recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect Collection of Music We Loved and Could Dance to!

We met DJ Shakey at another friend’s wedding two years ago and knew we had to have her at our wedding! She took the time to discuss the schedule of the night with me and made sure all our favorite songs were played. My guests and I danced ALL night and had the BEST time on the dance floor. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect collection of fun, dance music for our wedding! Not to mention, Julie is the nicest person and so easy to talk to and so flexible! Perfect night :)

Sent on 08/11/2019

Grace · Married on 07/20/2019

Thank you!

Dj Shakey did an awesome job for our wedding - thanks for capturing our musical taste perfectly!!

Sent on 09/07/2019