Nearby Vendors to Consider

About DJ James Mulry

I am a NYC based DJ with over 10 years of experience in private events, weddings, bars and nightclubs. Whether your event is casual or formal, raucous or subdued, I will work closely with you to customize the music around your specific requests and tastes. I am comfortable playing all genres of music at any style of party and can provide multiple sound systems should your event take place over several areas. You can expect a party built around your preferences, a packed dance floor, and friendly customer service from our initial conversations until the event ends.

I am proudly represented by 74 Events - Gary Hoffman, and more reviews of my services can be found on his page.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Microphones (29)
One Event Per Day (26)
Sound/PA System (26)
Liability Insurance (14)

We could not recommend James more. Leading up to our wedding, he was the perfect mash-up of fun and professional, he listened to our every request, and had wonderful suggestions to improve upon the day. We had a lot of cultures going on (Jewish-Russian-French-Moroccan + my husband is a swing dancer) and he seamlessly fit all the music together and left every guest so happy. My french friends and family lost it when he played wedding hits that are a must-play on the other side of the Atlantic, and he accommodated a ton of other untraditional requests that went off without a hitch and kept a crowd on the dance floor. James is the best of the best, and we hope that we get the chance to hire him for another kickass dance party in the future.

Profile Picture Valerie, 8/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

James was our DJ when we got married at the Liberty Warehouse in Red Hook, Brooklyn. He was truly an amazing DJ! From the early stages of going over the preplanning music details to the final master list - he was a true professional. He knew our tastes in music perfectly and his feel for the crowd was great as well! He knew exactly what to play and when. We had a very eclectic set of guests at are our wedding (about 150 or so) and I feel just about every single one of them came up to me personally to compliment how great the music was.

He also handled all of the MC work and assisted with the microphone/sound setup which helped make the entire night feel seamless without any hiccups.

I highly recommend James for all future weddings

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

James was the first and only DJ we met with for our Brooklyn wedding at The Liberty Warehouse. After speaking with him we knew there was no need to look further. James was flexible and professional, and his pricing is extremely reasonable. He took care of all the sound and music for our wedding day, including the the ceremony and cocktail hour prior to the reception so there was not need to rent additional speakers or microphones. James worked with us to ensure that the music played throughout our wedding included our favorites from mellow songs during the cocktail hour to upbeat dance music and classic hits for the reception. He was able to create a playlist for the night based on our musical tastes that had ALL of our guests dancing! James is the opposite of a cheesy wedding DJ... no "Cha Cha slide", no conga line, just great music! We cannot recommend him enough. James made our wedding a truly memorable night. We had so much fun and our guests are still talking about it! James is the best.

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/20/18, 1 Review