Brooklyn, NY 11205 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About DJ James Mulry

I am a NYC based DJ with over 10 years of experience in private events, weddings, bars and nightclubs. Whether your event is casual or formal, raucous or subdued, I will work closely with you to customize the music around your specific requests and tastes. I am comfortable playing all genres of music at any style of party and can provide multiple sound systems should your event take place over several areas. You can expect a party built around your preferences, a packed dance floor, and friendly customer service from our initial conversations until the event ends.

I am proudly represented by 74 Events - Gary Hoffman, and more reviews of my services can be found on his page.

Follow DJ James Mulry on

Other couples have also viewed

• 74 Events
  • Matt Ferran
  • DJ Kahn
  • Sawse Sounds Studio Productions
6ad3eed48f064ba5 patfurey
0b6a4424
mewythe sheena
DJ James Mulry
stylish and hip weddings immy and whitneys stylish
600x6001372367495535 jamesmulry
dj james m
6ad3eed48f064ba5 patfurey
0b6a4424

147 Reviews for DJ James Mulry

• Alyssa

Alyssa S. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Phenomenal DJ!

I cannot say enough GREAT things about James! From our first meeting with him, until packing up at the wedding, he was so professional and considerate. He makes it a point for the day to be about you and your partner, not about him on the microphone and that was SO important to us. Between every conversation and the worksheet he had us complete, he was able to curate a better wedding playlist than we ever imagined. Our wedding was a backyard wedding out East on Long Island, so outside of making the trek to be there, we also had to work around a not so traditional venue. He handled every situation that was thrown at him with grace and ease and really kept the positive vibe of the day going. To give you an idea of how great he kept the party moving, we ended up asking him to stay an extra hour after our scheduled time and it was a great decision! So many guests at the wedding approached us asking where we found James, so I am sure we will be seeing him at some weddings in the future. I know I will definitely use him for any future events as well!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia J. · Married on 06/19/2021

The Absolute BEST

I truly cannot say enough good things about James!! It was a joy working with him from day 1.
    We got married this June at Audrey's Farmhouse in the Hudson Valley and cant imagine our event without him. Our reception was the BEST dance party we have ever had!! He read the room perfectly and our guests COULD NOT get off the dance floor because we were all loving the music so much. His unique combos of retro and modern hits kept everyone - old and young -
    having the best time. James' calm and cool personality also shone when he MC'd our cocktail hour and reception. He helped things flow smoothly and kept everyone completely engaged.

James was beyond helpful when it came to helping us plan our event. He understood the feel we were going for and helped us create the perfect timeline. He came fully prepared with more than enough enough equipment and was able to handle last minute changes without a glitch.

I truly hope to work with James again and wish he could DJ every wedding we attend!

Sent on 06/25/2021

Ryan M. · Married on 05/21/2021

Best DJ Ever

We just had our long postponed wedding and James was incredible! As the groom, I didn’t have much responsibility in planning the wedding aside from the DJ. What I really appreciated about James is his love for music. He plays great music and knows how to hold a dance floor. James was also super flexible for all of our postponements during covid. He is a great communicator and I couldn’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 05/29/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

DJ James Mulry FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1950.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Club
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?

2 Real Weddings

• The Get Together Events Co. Wedding Planners

James is straight-up, THE BEST. Professional and fun- he's a dream to work with. If you want to have an epic party, DJ James is your guy.

• Brooklyn, New York, 11205 See on map
    Location of (DJ James Mulry)