DJ James Mulry

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,650 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,650 Most Popular Price

I am a NYC based DJ with over 10 years of experience in private events, weddings, bars and nightclubs. Whether your event is casual or formal, raucous or subdued, I will work closely with you to customize the music around your specific requests and tastes. I am comfortable playing all genres of music at any style of party and can provide multiple sound systems should your event take place over several areas. You can expect a party built around your preferences, a packed dance floor, and friendly customer service from our initial conversations until the event ends.

I am proudly represented by 74 Events - Gary Hoffman, and more reviews of my services can be found on his page.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$2,500

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,650

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Disco Ball
Karaoke
Projector
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$400

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40
South Asian

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
Karaoke
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball

Message vendor

• Krista
    Krista P. Married on 12/31/2022

The G.O.A.T

I think I'm still recovering from dancing all night at my wedding from almost two weeks ago, and it's all thanks to James. His professionalism, communication, attention to detail, fun energy and knowledge of the wedding industry is unmatched, and he helped us throw the best New Year's Eve party we could have ever imagined. James did not miss a single music cue and kept our guests on the dance floor literally ALL NIGHT. He is the best! Do not look any further for your DJ needs—hire James!!!!
    David Married on 11/12/2022

Dynamite DJ Delivered!

James Mulry. A music magician. A soldier of sound. A rebel of rhythm. Our great photographer recommended James to us. As soon as we met him, we connected with his energy, his desire to know us as a couple, was extremely well organized, helped plan in advance, listened carefully, and happily made suggestions from his own curated music knowledge. The day of, James was professional, entertaining, spot on paying attention to the vibrant crowd and engaged our family and friends with an ongoing perfect play list. Following the moods throughout the afternoon and evening. James, was most concerned with the music, as any DJ should be. So as wanted and needed, we did not need any fancy ridiculous blinking lights and the silly club atmosphere. James brought sophistication and class to our elegant once-in-a-lifetime moment. He respected and followed the rules of our venue - the beautiful Prospect Park Boat House. He worked outside for the ceremony and seamlessly worked inside for the reception. He also respected our concerns regarding health risks/COVID (We had some immune compromised guests at our wedding). We wish we could have our wedding yearly, in particularly, so we could have James once again be part of our party. He’s a true artist in tune with his surroundings and the beats, symphonies, and hot diggity rock-n-roll he delivered! Everyone should have James part of their event.
  • Maggie
    Maggie S. Married on 11/11/2022

Best DJ of all time

We absolutely LOVED James and were so glad that he was a part of our wedding at The Castle by Marlow Events in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Not only does he have exceptional music taste but he was so easy to work with through the whole process. He felt like a friend, super supportive and willing to make it all happen. He was also extremely professional, you can tell he knows exactly what he’s doing on all fronts – from planning to playlist making to emceeing to making sure all of the dads knew how to speak correctly into a microphone. He was able to take my eclectic music taste and make it into an experience that all of our guests loved. I also really appreciated that he vibe-checked with me a few times throughout the night (and gave me final approval on shooting down a cheesy song request that he correctly guessed I would not have enjoyed). And his dance party skills are unmatched. To quote my friend who came up to me mid-party, “All chutes, no ladders.” Could have danced all night. Highly recommend James to anyone considering him. 100000/10.
  • illustration stars

68 photos · 06/12/2021
Michael & Jennifer
28 photos · 04/30/2015

The Get Together Events Co. The Get Together Events Co. Wedding Planners

James is straight-up, THE BEST. Professional and fun- he's a dream to work with. If you want to have an epic party, DJ James is your guy.

Brooklyn, New York, 11205
Location of (DJ James Mulry)

Other vendors in Greater New York City Metro for your wedding