Nearby Vendors to Consider

About DJ James Mulry

I am a NYC based DJ with over 10 years of experience in private events, weddings, bars and nightclubs. Whether your event is casual or formal, raucous or subdued, I will work closely with you to customize the music around your specific requests and tastes. I am comfortable playing all genres of music at any style of party and can provide multiple sound systems should your event take place over several areas. You can expect a party built around your preferences, a packed dance floor, and friendly customer service from our initial conversations until the event ends.

I am proudly represented by 74 Events - Gary Hoffman, and more reviews of my services can be found on his page.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Microphones (26)
One Event Per Day (23)
Sound/PA System (23)
Liability Insurance (13)

We had the pleasure of having James DJ our wedding at the Garden City Hotel (Nassau County, Long Island about 30 minutes from Manhattan) on January 6th this year. To say that James was by far one of our best vendors is an understatement. Our wedding was a blast from start to finish thanks in large part to James. We had a Hindu wedding ceremony in the morning and a Western ceremony in the evening followed by the cocktail hour and reception. It was an extremely long day and James did not miss a beat the entire time. He was cheerful and lovely to work with, even chatting with us while we waited for the ceremony to start and unexpectedly set me at ease during a moment when I was nervous to say the least. The ceremony music was perfectly executed for both ceremonies and he did a fantastic job incorporating Indian music along with the other music we asked for. Every song that came on at the cocktail hour set the mood perfectly- I kept finding myself saying, “I love this song!”. The dance floor was literally filled from the moment the reception started until the last moment of the night- we could barely stand to eat because we were having so much fun! That being said, James made every transition from sitting for dinner to speeches and first dances go seamlessly without any corny MC -style announcements. Every announcement was tasteful and classy. The dance floor was so much fun and everybody, young and old, was sweaty by the end of the night from dancing nonstop. We were nervous about how to incorporate some Bollywood songs into the reception as a nod to my husbands Indian heritage, and James NAILED IT. They ended up being the most fun because James read the crowd perfectly and picked the most fun songs that got everyone from both sides of the family dancing like crazy. I hope I should be so lucky to get invited to another wedding where James does the music!! It is also worth mentioning that his rates were extremely reasonable and fair. We couldn’t be happier- thank you,

Photo of DJ James Mulry in Brooklyn, NY - A glimpse of the dance floor! Photo by Eric Vitale Photo.
Profile Picture Dana, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Phenomenal. Unflappable. Brilliant. Our wedding was in Cooperstown, New York and importing James from Brooklyn was the single best investment we made in our big day. From thoughtful guidance during the planning process, to responsiveness to last-minute requests, to the killer mix (think: Crystal Waters, Talking Heads, Beyonce) that had *all* our guests dancing, working with James was both a fully professional and completely enjoyable experience. James's ability to tap the energy of the crowd is unparalleled -- everyone RAVED about the music. I've planned many events with many vendors, and James stands out as one of the very best.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't say enough great things about James Mulry! He helped us curate the perfect wedding playlist from LA for our PA wedding and he was such a dream to work with. He is friendly, professional, hard-working, knowledgeable, organized, detail-oriented, creative, responsive, and stylish! He is someone who keeps a close eye on the crowd and will keep the pace and energy of your event going strong all night long! James also sets up and breaks down his own audio equipment (including microphones!) and arrives early. Even though James is based in Brooklyn, he was flexible enough to make the trek to PA for our wedding.

Simply put, James is someone you can count on and he is always prepared for every scenario. He also truly listens to his clients and finds creative ways to fit in all of your favorite songs!

We cannot thank James enough and we would highly recommend him to any couples both in NY, PA and beyond!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/29/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ James Mulry Pricing