Solid Gold Entertainment - Memory Makers Photo Booth

Solid Gold Entertainment - Memory Makers Photo Booth

Closed business icon The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

121 Reviews for Solid Gold Entertainment - Memory Makers Photo Booth

One Event Per Day (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
Uplighting (1)

0.5

Do not hire this guy. If you do, do not pay him until the end of the night. His actions and decisions to take prior to our reception caused him to have a “reaction” immediately following my father paying him the remaining balance prior to our reception. His actions prevented him from being able to complete the job we hired him to do (DJ and do introductions) and, luckily, a guest was a DJ in his spare time and took over. Dj chuck had to call for “backup” and suggested we post-pone the reception an hour so he could get everything squared away (meanwhile cocktail hour is happening). He was not prepared and didn’t even have the entrance song for our bridal party (everybody dance now.. a CLASSIC). Our wedding guest who was a DJ in his spare time provided his phone and DJ Chuck had the audacity to blame to him and tell me that “his phone locked me out so I couldn’t use it.. I used my phone to BUY the song and play from my device.” When I sent a follow-up email a week after our wedding asking how he was (opening the door for some kind of apology), his response was that he was good… no apology or explanation. When I sent another email asking for SOME kind of reimbursement, his response was “I learned I was having a low sugar reaction because I cared so much for the success of your event I never ate anything due to all the pre-event prep, load, and setup.” This is absolutely ridiculous. Insane. We bought him a meal. I had a run of the mill reception with nothing spectacular… we got married in a church so he didn’t do that part of our day. We also bought him a meal. Also, he told me I should be “thankful” my guest was there to do HIS job. I never write reviews and juggled the idea of not writing this but I would not want someone else to hire this scam and have their reception ruined. Be forewarned that the hours you take creating a playlist will not be considered. “I am NOT your DJ if you demand I play a pre-programmed music list because it takes away the natural flow".

Profile Picture shannon, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We booked one of the larger companies initially for our wedding and they cancelled on us a month prior. We called Chuck to inquire his services last minute and not only did he take our business, but gave us a better rate for the service. Excellent value for what we paid. My wife and I were extremely happy with the service provided.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Steve, 11/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I couldn't imagine my wedding without Solid Gold! Charlie rocked the house!
Before I get carried away, let me start from the beginning. Finding a DJ is not easy, I think its actually the hardest part of wedding planning. You want a DJ that will keep the party going, keep everyone on the dance floor, and make it a night know one can forget. But how do you find someone like that when you're not able to watch them DJ before your actual wedding? Well, my husband and I had received a referral for Solid Gold Entertainment from a couple we work with that used them for their wedding. So we figured, lets give it a shot! We got in touch with Charlie and got an immediate response. This was the first and ONLY DJ that wanted to meet face to face and get an idea of the kind of party we expected and genuinely want to get to know us. We weren't just a dollar sign to him. We knew he was the DJ for us! Not to mention that his photo booth was INCLUDED in the price. Our guests absolutely loved the photo booth and it made for so many unforgettable memories! Our dance floor was never empty! Charlie read the crowd and kept people (from all age groups) on the floor! It was a perfect night and I can't thank Solid Gold enough for everything!

View Vendor Response