CHEFS Catering

Lexington, VA View map Visit website

CHEFS Catering is a wedding and event catering company based in Lexington, Virginia. Owner and Head Chef John Stafford has decades of experience and loves giving his clients an intimate, fine dining setting during their special day. He and his team have been operating this catering company since 2015 and work to add a flavorsome touch to each couple's wedding theme.

CHEFS Catering offers flexible packages, which can be customized to suit each client's needs, wants, and budget. The team specializes in an array of dishes, from bourbon BBQ shrimp to Beef Au Jus. Chef stations, buffet setups, and backyard cookouts are some of the many dining styles they offer. CHEFS Catering is also happy to provide bar packages with a variety of beer, wine, and cocktail options to choose from.

• Emily
    Emily Married on 10/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing food, professional team, the best wedding catering vendor!

12/10 would recommend booking CHEFS Catering for your wedding day! Chef John and his team are extremely professional, communicative, and just all around good people. Chef John was amazing to work with and truly had a personal investment in making our wedding day food the best that it could be, and exactly what we wanted. CHEFS has a HUGE menu of options, but they can also create any type of dish you want, and it all comes at a very reasonable price for high quality. They even provided disposable plates and cups for our cocktail hour for no additional charge! We got to meet Chef John at our tasting (which we had at the bed and breakfast his family owns in Lexington -- very cute spot!) and immediately knew he just loves doing what he does and would be there to support us during the entire planning process, which he was. We can't thank John and his entire team enough for everything -- we are so glad we were able to work with you and get to know you! :)
    Rachel Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Go ahead and book, you wont be disappointed!

Let me just start by saying, go ahead and book CHEFs and you wont be disappointed. I had heard so many wonderful things about Chef John and his team and knew over a year in advance that I needed to have him at my wedding. Good thing we booked him, because everyone wants him! John and his team were outstanding to work with. They were prompt, courteous, and professional. Wedding planning is stressful, and John was patient and helpful throughout my whole process. When my rental company closed down, he went out of his way to help me find replacements, which he didn't even have to do! We trialed the wedding food a few weeks before, and were stunned at how tasty everything was (honestly still dreaming about the green beans and Flank steak with garlic aioli). Everyone at the wedding raved about the food! Chef John truly cares about his customers and his team. He is a great people person and I felt well informed the whole time. He explains everything and is very upfront about costs, which is a testament to his honesty. You cannot go wrong with this team!
    Bev F. Married on 05/21/2022

Best Caterer Ever!

When my daughter got engaged in October 2020, we started planning right away, so we worked with John and CHEFS for over 18 months before their May 2022 wedding. We could not have been more pleased with everything! All of our communications were positive, professional, and prompt, and John always made us feel like we were the only event he was working with, although we know he and his staff stay very busy because of the quality of their food and their great reputation. We were confident from the start that we had picked their right caterer and we were right. We had an additional challenge because this was a "destination wedding" - our daughter lived in southwest Virginia and we live in Hampton Roads Our daughter's wedding was at Big Spring Farm (another 5 star vendor) and John catered the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. These were two different events -- he grilled steaks and chicken at the rehearsal. a more relaxed event, and we had a more formal dinner for the wedding. Both nights, we had some of the best food I have ever eaten, and all of our guests said the same thing. His staff was friendly, efficient, and responsive at both events, and they went out of their way to ensure everyone was happy. Although we are now out of daughters so we won't have any more weddings, we are now trying to figure out what else we could host just to have John and his staff cater it! As I told John, I would be happy to share our experience with any of his potential clients. We could not recommend him more highly, and if you decide to have CHEFs cater your event you will not be sorry!

CHEFS Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Bev for your kind words. It was an amazing journey together and we were honored to be part of Natalie and Ben's special weekend. I hoping that some how we will be able to work together again.

Wishing you the very best always. Be well!

Your friend-John
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

Chelsea & Nick
24 photos · 09/18/2021

302 Stoneridge Lane Lexington, VA, 24450
Location of (CHEFS Catering)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding