Oakdale, CT 06370 Map · Phone number

About Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace

Your wedding is a huge part of your amazing, lifelong adventure as a couple. Don’t let your ceremony be anything but extraordinary! Working together, I help create an unforgettable ceremony and event that is designed to personalize a significant moment in time as your story is unique to you.

Whether planning a wedding, eloping or renewing your vows on the Connecticut shoreline, let me help to make your ceremony unforgettable.

I am a Member of the Justice of the Peace Association.

Follow Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace on

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace 1
Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace 2

Erin · Married on 09/28/2019

Overall great experience!

Bridget was wonderful to work with. She made us feel comfortable from our first phone conversation and was very responsive to our questions or special requests. She did an amazing job at our ceremony, had a very peaceful demeanor which was very calming for us. Bridget made our ceremony very special to us and we would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/31/2019

Bridget is the sweetest.

Bridget has such a way about her that is so calming and kind. She took the time to get to know us and to ask questions that would help her craft the best ceremony for us. She keeps it short and sweet but personal and heartfelt. I am a writer by trade and she was so patient with my revisions and suggestions to the vows. She is very responsive, always responding immediately and even sent us an email the day before wishing us well and a sweet note afterward. So many people asked us if we knew her because she was so comfortable with us, and her style was exactly the vibe we were looking for.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Awe!!! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a true pleasure getting to know you both and I was so honored to share in your special day. ❤️
  • Amy

Amy Schwarz · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful Ceremony - Above Expectations

Bridget was great to work with on our wedding ceremony. She reached out to us early to lock in many key details, and then closer to the wedding day to finalize everything. The ceremony she put together was beautiful and had many nice personal touches. Our guests loved it so much that we have had people asking for a copy of her beautiful words after the wedding! She was there for us on a hot day and gave us electrolyte tabs to make sure we were prepared for the heat! We would highly recommend Bridget to anyone

Sent on 07/22/2019

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Amy and Sam,
    Thank you for trusting me to share your story and vision with all of those you love. Best wishes for years filled with love, laughter and happiness.
    Warm smiles,
    Bridget

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 425.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CT, RI
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Olde Tymes Restaurant
    Olde Tymes Restaurant Wedding Caterers

As the caterer who stays on site for most of the ceremonies and receptions from start to finish, I hear a lot of services, a variety of styles, and really appreciate Bridget's personal style. The right balance of seriousness that fits the occasion and light heartedness to put the couple and their guests at ease.

• Ariana Strings
    Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

Bridget is fantastic! She's so helpful and organized and I always look forward to working with her.

• Nightingale Events
    Nightingale Events Wedding Planners

I cannot say enough about Bridget! I recommend her to all my clients and happy that we used her for my sisters wedding this past May. she is sweet, easy to work with and provides a fantastic service! Highly recommend her to all couples looking to tie the knot!

• Oakdale, Connecticut, 06370 See on map