Oakdale, CT 06370 Map · Phone number

About Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace

Your wedding is a huge part of your amazing, lifelong adventure as a couple. Don’t let your ceremony be anything but extraordinary! Working together, I help create an unforgettable ceremony and event that is designed to personalize a significant moment in time as your story is unique to you.

Whether planning a wedding, eloping or renewing your vows on the Connecticut shoreline, let me help to make your ceremony unforgettable.

I am a Member of the Justice of the Peace Association.

Follow Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace on

1 User photo

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace 1

Ariel Nathan · Married on 11/04/2018

The BEST Wedding Ceremony

Bridget is FANTASTIC. She is supportive, professional, warm and also so compassionate. When planning a wedding my husband and I agreed that the ceremony was one of the most important parts to us. It was really important for us to share our love story. Bridget helped us from start to finish, listening to our hopes and wishes. She started by getting to know us, and from that she was able to create the most meaningful ceremony, she found a way to include our family and friends in such unique ways, and helped us through the entire process of legally getting married! She is such a talented writer and speaker. It was such a pleasure to work with Bridget!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Ariel and Jeff,
    Thank you so much for not only your kind words but for sharing your friends and family with me on your wedding day. Surrounded by the love, laughter and support by so many loved ones made your day truly magical.
    ❤️ Bridget

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever."
    — The Notebook

N Lambert · Married on 11/03/2018

Simply THE Most Perfect Day!

From the moment my husband and I “met” Bridget through FaceTime, we knew she would be the perfect person to officially marry us. Her infectious laughter, soothing voice and warm heart had everyone in awe at our wedding ceremony, guests were certain she was a close friend! We are so fortunate to have had such an amazing person be a part of our wedding day ceremony, seeming like we had known her for years. Thank you Bridget, Love The Lambert’s 11.03.2018

Sent on 11/18/2018

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace's reply:

Awe you guys!! Thank you so much for choosing me to share in the love, definitely in the laughter and certainly the mischievous twinkle in your eyes on your wedding day. Wishes for many, many more days filled with love, laughter and exciting adventures together in the years to come. ❤️
  • Kaela

Kaela · Married on 09/28/2018

Bridget was absolutely amazing! My fiancé and I had no idea what we wanted for our ceremony, but Bridget completely got us and gave us incredible guidance and options. If you are planning a Connecticut wedding, we highly recommend having Bridget lead your ceremony, she is extremely quick with communication, professional and great to work with!

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 375.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CT, RI
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Olde Tymes Restaurant
    Olde Tymes Restaurant Wedding Caterers

As the caterer who stays on site for most of the ceremonies and receptions from start to finish, I hear a lot of services, a variety of styles, and really appreciate Bridget's personal style. The right balance of seriousness that fits the occasion and light heartedness to put the couple and their guests at ease.

• Ariana Strings
    Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

Bridget is fantastic! She's so helpful and organized and I always look forward to working with her.

• Nightingale Events
    Nightingale Events Wedding Planners

I cannot say enough about Bridget! I recommend her to all my clients and happy that we used her for my sisters wedding this past May. she is sweet, easy to work with and provides a fantastic service! Highly recommend her to all couples looking to tie the knot!

• Oakdale, Connecticut, 06370 See on map