Oakdale, CT 06370 Map · Phone number

About Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace

Your wedding is a huge part of your amazing, lifelong adventure as a couple. Don’t let your ceremony be anything but extraordinary! Working together, I help create an unforgettable ceremony and event that is designed to personalize a significant moment in time as your story is unique to you.

Whether planning a wedding, eloping or renewing your vows on the Connecticut shoreline, let me help to make your ceremony unforgettable.

I am a Member of the Justice of the Peace Association.

Follow Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace on

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace 2
  • Amy

Amy Schwarz · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful Ceremony - Above Expectations

Bridget was great to work with on our wedding ceremony. She reached out to us early to lock in many key details, and then closer to the wedding day to finalize everything. The ceremony she put together was beautiful and had many nice personal touches. Our guests loved it so much that we have had people asking for a copy of her beautiful words after the wedding! She was there for us on a hot day and gave us electrolyte tabs to make sure we were prepared for the heat! We would highly recommend Bridget to anyone

Sent on 07/22/2019

Amy and Sam,
    Thank you for trusting me to share your story and vision with all of those you love. Best wishes for years filled with love, laughter and happiness.
    Warm smiles,
    Bridget

Courtney · Married on 05/31/2019

Hire Bridget!

Bridget made our very rough ideas come to life in a beautiful, eloquent, tear-filled ceremony. She listened so intently to our wishes and we could not have pictured a better laid-out or executed ceremony. She is the sweetest person and truly has a gift!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace 3

Courtney & Steve,
    I am forever grateful that you choose me to share in your wedding day. You have blessed me with truly beautiful memories and your friendship. Wishing your beautiful family all the love, laughter and happiness you shared with all those that surrounded your on your wedding day. ❤️
    Much love,
    Bridget

Ariel Nathan · Married on 11/04/2018

The BEST Wedding Ceremony

Bridget is FANTASTIC. She is supportive, professional, warm and also so compassionate. When planning a wedding my husband and I agreed that the ceremony was one of the most important parts to us. It was really important for us to share our love story. Bridget helped us from start to finish, listening to our hopes and wishes. She started by getting to know us, and from that she was able to create the most meaningful ceremony, she found a way to include our family and friends in such unique ways, and helped us through the entire process of legally getting married! She is such a talented writer and speaker. It was such a pleasure to work with Bridget!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Ariel and Jeff,
    Thank you so much for not only your kind words but for sharing your friends and family with me on your wedding day. Surrounded by the love, laughter and support by so many loved ones made your day truly magical.
    ❤️ Bridget

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever."
    — The Notebook

Bridget Caviness, Justice of the Peace FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 425.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Vow Renewal, Civil Union, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CT, RI
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Olde Tymes Restaurant
    Olde Tymes Restaurant Wedding Caterers

As the caterer who stays on site for most of the ceremonies and receptions from start to finish, I hear a lot of services, a variety of styles, and really appreciate Bridget's personal style. The right balance of seriousness that fits the occasion and light heartedness to put the couple and their guests at ease.

• Ariana Strings
    Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

Bridget is fantastic! She's so helpful and organized and I always look forward to working with her.

• Nightingale Events
    Nightingale Events Wedding Planners

I cannot say enough about Bridget! I recommend her to all my clients and happy that we used her for my sisters wedding this past May. she is sweet, easy to work with and provides a fantastic service! Highly recommend her to all couples looking to tie the knot!

• Oakdale, Connecticut, 06370 See on map