Bridal Silhouette

1418 N Rhodes Street #402, #402, Arlington, District of Columbia 22209 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Bridal Silhouette

Local to Arlington, Virginia and servicing the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, award-winning couture designer Lynn T. Nelson of Bridal Silhouette specializes in custom wedding attire and wedding coordination. Bridal Silhouette is dedicated to customer satisfaction, and has cultivated a reputation in the wedding industry for attentiveness and incomparable craftsmanship.

Bridal Silhouette offers a wide variety of wedding coordination packages to suit the needs of any budget. Select the Pampered Package for all-inclusive wedding event planning and execution, the Design Package for help with cultivating your wedding vision, or the Month-Of/Week-Of Coordination Package for last-minute organizational needs and on-site rehearsal and wedding day coordination. The design team is dedicated to crafting pieces that reflect your heritage, style, and personality. Bridal Silhouette offers both reconstruction and customized creation services for wedding gowns, mother-of-the-bride attire, and flower girl dresses. Alteration and preservation services are available. A selection of tuxedos and wedding suits can also be ordered for rental or purchase, and Bridal Silhouette is happy to craft a wide variety of accessories ranging from ring bearer pillows to unique vests and cummerbunds.

Follow Bridal Silhouette on
21a8837
21a8868
21a9178
Bridal Silhouette
beautiful wedding photos luray virginia nathan
Bridal Silhouette
wedding couple sitting on bench under tree
Bridal Silhouette
bride and groom under epic clouds
Bridal Silhouette
luray virginia bride and groom share first dan
blakeringbearer

Bridal Silhouette 6
Bridal Silhouette 7

Meg · Married on 05/11/2019

My dress was perfect!

We worked with Bridal Silhouette for both alterations and day-of coordination -- this review is for alterations.

Lynn was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. I took my dress in for alterations on the early side (3-4 months out from the big day), and the alterations it required at the time were thankfully pretty minor. The main thing that needed to be done was the bustle, which turned out to be way trickier than expected. My dress had a long, heavy train and a lot of beautiful lacework on the skirt. Lynn was endlessly patient with me, pinning up multiple different bustle options at our first appointment until we found something that worked. I left the appointment that day feeling okay, but over the next couple days, I started worrying that the bustle might not be quite what I wanted -- I was too embarrassed to say anything, though, because Lynn had already spent so much time experimenting with it. Lynn actually reached out to me unprompted a few days after that appointment, and said she'd come up with a different solution if I was willing to try it out. I was so grateful that she initiated Bustle Take #2 -- I think she could tell I wasn't totally happy with the initial result. The final result was absolutely stunning -- we did a French bustle on the heavy underlayer of the train, then an American bustle with 5-6 pick-ups on the lace overlayer. I was so thrilled with what Lynn came up with, and so grateful for her attention to detail -- she really is a perfectionist and will make sure that you get the best possible result.

About a week out from the wedding, I tried on my dress one last time and noticed I'd lost some weight (stress!). The top of my strapless gown was gapping a little bit, and I started panicking that I might have a wardrobe malfunction at the wedding. Once again, Lynn swooped in to the rescue! She had me over, figured out the best way to take in the bodice, and had all the alterations completed within a few days. I picked up my dress on the Thursday before my Saturday wedding, and the fit was spot-on. I was so relieved!

On the big day, my dress fit perfectly, the bustle looked amazing during the reception and didn't fall out (despite being stepped on multiple times), and I've never felt so beautiful. Lynn is incredible and I couldn't recommend her alterations services more highly!

Finally, Lynn handled getting my dress cleaned and preserved by a specialist she trusts. She really is full service! Thanks, Lynn!!

Sent on 08/03/2019
    Bridal Silhouette 8

Kelley C · Married on 01/19/2019

Convenient, flexible, high quality - and focused on what you want

Lynn altered my dress for my January 19, 2019 wedding. Our first contact was in early December, and we managed to get everything ready in time. Lynn was very flexible and responsive as we went through the alterations process. Her flexible hours and location in Rosslyn were super convenient for me, since I live in Alexandria and the dress shop where I bought my dress was in Gaithersburg. My dress had a lace overlay/train, and Lynn did a great job with the hem. She helped my bridesmaids understand and practice the bustle when we picked up the dress. I was very anxious about how I would look in the dress and at times the alterations process was pretty emotional for me. Lynn was super supportive and she really focused on the outcome I wanted, so my advice is to not be shy or nervous - let her know what you want or are concerned about and she will help you figure out the best option(s).

Sent on 04/14/2019

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Communication is always the key to a peaceful and calm outcome. I strive to include my brides in the decisions and guide them with many options. I fall in love with every dress that comes through my door and the brides are like family by the end of the process! Kelley, you were beaming as you walked out the door...ready to walk down the aisle!

Bridal Silhouette FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $2,500 - $3,999
  • What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos? $200 - $499
  • What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals? $100 - $199
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Cleaning, Full Customization, Preservation, Rentals
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary Attire, Dress Replicas, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Tuxedo Rentals, Tuxedos, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

• Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company
    Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Company Wedding Caterers

Lynn was very efficient and helpful at the wedding. Working with her actually made the day amazing. She was quick to answer questions and relay any changes to the Rocklands staff. I definitely look forward to working with her on other events to ensure a successful wedding.

• Nathan Mitchell Photography
    Nathan Mitchell Photography Wedding Photographers

Lynn is a fantastic wedding planner and does a really good job of balancing the schedule with the realities of the wedding day. She stays cool under pressure and communicates very well with vendors to make sure the wedding day goes smoothly! It's important for Brides to know that when the planner works well with the photographer, it universally results in better images. As a photographer it's good to know that the planner understands that photography is one of the most important aspects of the day for their clients and makes sure to give the photographer enough room to work. Highly recommend!

• 1418 N Rhodes Street #402, #402 Arlington, District of Columbia, 22209 See on map
    703-270-0266 (Phone number)