Bridal Silhouette Reviews

Bridal Silhouette 5
Bridal Silhouette 6
Bridal Silhouette 7

Caitlin Van Sant · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing quality for a great price!

Lynn altered a bridesmaids dress for me. She was very helpful and patient when I was trying to explain what I wanted. She did excellent work for a great price and the turnaround time was very fast as well. I'll definitely go back to Lynn if I ever need a dress altered in the future!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thanks Caitlin! Send or upload a photo after the wedding! I hope it goes well and that you have a blast!

Julia · Married on 10/06/2018

A 6-star rating would be better

Sent on 10/08/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thank you for your generosity. It was so amazing to watch you and your family interact before, during, and after the wedding. The love you all feel for each other is contagious!

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome Personal Service

Lynn was great to work with. She worked with my schedule to find a good time to alter my bridesmaid dress with a very quick timeframe! She is a very talented seamstress and with a great eye for detail. The alterations she made to my dress were perfect. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thank you Jennifer. It was a joy to work on your beautiful dress and to get to hold your sweet little girl.

Jena · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely recommend!!

My experience working with Lynn and Bridal Silhouette exceeded my expectations. I gave Lynn what I think is quite a difficult task: transform my mother's wedding dress into a modern yet elegant dress that fits my personality. Lynn nailed it! It was such a special experience for me to be apart of the design and creation of my dress from start to finish. Lynn was flexible, engaged, but most of all, committed to making this the dress that I was envisioning. I can't imagine having done it any another way but working with Bridal Silhouette. It was one of the best decisions I made throughout my wedding planning process, and one that I'll never forget! Highly, highly recommend.

Karina · Married on 09/01/2018

As an artist and perfectionist, and someone who considers herself to be a rather meticulous and detail-oriented planner, I have to say working with Lynn was an absolute dream! Rarely do I completely trust someone else to take over a project or event that I've started, and handle it with the same attention to detail and specificity that I would give it, but with Lynn I felt completely secure. We were often on the exact same page throughout the planning process, and so by the time the wedding day rolled around (which is when I really relied on her organization and expertise) I was not stressed or worried in the least. Throughout the wedding day, Lynn was calm and collected, guiding us through minor hiccups with ease such that no one would've ever guessed that anything hadn't gone exactly according to plan:) I can't recommend Lynn enough!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Karina, Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding was so unique. It was a little bit of heaven on earth!

Mary-Pat · Married on 08/04/2018

I had SUCH a wonderful experience working with Lynn. I had a vision for my dream dress, but after much searching was disappointed not to have found "the one". A friend recommended her and my mind was immediately put at ease after our first appointment. I brought along part of my skirt and a separate top. She listened to my ideas and offered suggestions for how to go about making the alterations to create the exact silhouette and look I was going for. The amount of detailed work she put into having my dress perfected was amazing and I will always be thankful to her for creating the dress that gave me so much confidence and joy on my wedding day. I received so many compliments on how beautifully the dress was bustled and how exquisite and unique it was. I cannot recommend going with Lynn Nelson enough!!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Bridal Silhouette 8
    Bridal Silhouette 9
    Bridal Silhouette 10
    Bridal Silhouette 11

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Mary Pat, it was a delight to get to know you and work with you on your vision for your gown. You are beautiful inside and out!

Claire · Married on 06/16/2018

If I could give Lynn 10 stars out of 5, I would. She was one of the best vendors I worked with – she did all the alterations on my wedding dress and couldn't have done a better job. It fit perfectly, looked stunning, and was exactly as I'd wanted it. Lynn was very available in the weeks and days before my wedding. It was reassuring knowing that if I needed something or there was any issue, Lynn would be able to help. The alterations also cost less than I expected, which was a nice surprise. I've already referred one friend to her and will definitely be sending more people in the future.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thank you Claire. I enjoyed working on both of your dresses and seeing your photos at the Vatican!

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Lynn for my wedding dress alterations. She is very responsive, flexible with scheduling fittings, reasonably priced and has an eye for detail! What more could a bride want?!

I lost more weight than expected between my first and last fitting, so my dress was a little looser than I wanted (the stress is real!). I was hesitant to have the entire dress taken in, since it was minor and probably wasn’t worth the extra money or time. But since my dress was open back with skinny straps, I was nervous about a potential dress disaster. Lynn quickly came up with the great idea to sew an elastic bra strap just below the open back to conspicuously provide extra support...and I even got the added benefit of an hourglass figure :-)

I would definitely recommend Lynn to anyone looking for a seamstress!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thank you Melissa. You looked so amazing in your gorgeous gown.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2018

It was amazing working with Lynn!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

I miss you!! And thank you again for your tips on growing orchids!

Megan · Married on 04/28/2018

Lynn helped me have my grandmother with me on my wedding day. She recreated my grandmothers bodice to her wedding gown just from a picture and it was absolutely stunning. Her eye for details and desire for perfection is outstanding!! She really knows what she's doing when it comes to design. My mom and I miss visiting Lynn for our fittings!!!

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Bridal Silhouette 12

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

I miss you too! I enjoyed getting to know you and your mom during our design appointments and talking about all the details of your wedding day. The pictures reveal a beautiful bride, fun couple and a day filled with family and laughter.

Liz · Married on 04/28/2018

I have a fabulous vintage silk dress from the 1950's that I wanted to wear to a wedding. It needed hemming and alterations, and due to a funky design, I wanted someone I could trust to do the alterations. Lynn was highly recommended on a neighborhood listserv, so I gave her a call. Lynn was a pleasure to work with, the alterations were perfect and were done with time to spare. I couldn't have been more pleased! Thank you Lynn!!

Rachael · Married on 11/12/2017

I was married on 12 November 2017, and Lynn did all of the alterations on my wedding dress! She was a pleasure and joy to work with, very responsive, and so easy to talk with. She knows her stuff, and can really do anything! I had so many different requests, and she was able to accommodate them all. I could not be happier with how my wedding dress turned out for my big day!! I got so many compliments throughout the night at my wedding reception. The dress fit me like a glove, and I can't wait to use her again for any dress alterations or other alterations I need in the future. My wedding dress was absolutely perfect, all thanks to Lynn! Thank you, Lynn!

Bridal Silhouette 13
    Bridal Silhouette 14

TIffany · Married on 11/04/2017

For those who are looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further Bridal Silhouette is the way to go! Damon and I's wedding day was an absolute dream because of Lynn and Nikki. Lynn was extremely responsive to emails with question I may have had and also made sure that I was following tradition the way that I had explained I wanted. I had explained we wanted a traditional wedding and Lynn made sure that's what I got, even if I didn't quiet understand what that meant. The day of the wedding was literally flawless, the rain was unexpected but in true professional fashion Lynn and Nikki rolled with it and we just got the party started sooner. Not only were they professional but you could tell that they truly cared about making mine and Damon's wedding of our dreams come true and that they did. Excellent all the way around, they were my dream team. I would recommend bridal silhouette every time. Thank you so much Lynn and Nikki, Damon and I truly appreciate everything!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Bridal Silhouette's reply:

Thank you, Tiffany! Your day was magical.

Marieke · Married on 10/07/2017

Lynn tailored my dress beautifully — she was easy to get ahold of and worked around my schedule. I had three fittings with her, and each time she was professional and understanding and went above and beyond to have my dress ready for my wedding.

I highly recommend Bridal Silhouette for any alterations!

Bridal Silhouette 15
    Bridal Silhouette 16
    Bridal Silhouette 17

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

Lynn was a lifesaver at our wedding ceremony! From advising us on how the timeline should run, to running shotgun when all the vendors showed up, to taking care of issues I'm sure I'll never know about, she was calm, level-headed, and exactly what a nervous bride needed! The ceremony went flawlessly, thanks to her organization and eye to see and take care of problems before they even occurred. I highly recommend Lynn for any wedding or event coordination!

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

Lynn was a life saver! She worked with us to get a better understanding of our wedding party and families prior to the ceremony. The day of, she made certain everyone knew where to be, taking the weight off of me (as the bride) to coordinate people on my big day.

Steph · Married on 05/21/2017

Lynn is a treasure. After buying a store sample as my wedding dress, I reached out to multiple alterations vendors in the area for a quote. Lynn wrote an incredibly thoughtful reply detailing how she would address the many alterations the dress needed. After meeting her, I easily trusted that she had the vision and skill to properly alter my wedding dress.

We ultimately had five or six appointments over the course of five months leading up to the wedding. Alterations included shortening the dress straps, taking in the bust and sides, heming the length of the the dress, and creating a bustle (and more, I'm sure). All of this involved lifting the overlaying lace/beading and then reapplying it to the new bodice. Lynn kept me aware of every alteration being performed and was diligent to keep true to my vision for the dress. Needless to say, the resulting dress was stunning.

Additionally, Lynn is extraordinarily flexible. She works out of her home and was able to have me for appointments on weekday nights and weekends (necessary for me because of my unforgiving work schedule). She also works as a wedding coordinator and offered sage advice on wedding planning during our appointments.

Overall: highly recommend. Lynn is remarkably talented, flexible, and affordable.

Clare · Married on 05/20/2017

I'm a MOTB submitting this review. My daughter planned her wedding in another state, which made it difficult for me to help her with many of the details her ceremony and outdoor reception entailed. Lynn was a great help to us in this regard. Her style is professional and unobtrusive, and she quietly handled problems which arose (some hours before the reception). She continually communicated with me, my daughter, and the vendors, as needed. I've been surprised, too, by her post-wedding follow ups. She and her assistant did a marvelous job of making my daughter's day come together fluidly.

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

Lynn with Bridal Silhouette was incredible, professional, and well worth her fee (an incredible value too, I had interviewed other week/month-of planners and coordinators in the D.C. area and often they were twice as expensive or more a comparable list of services).
    I seemed to text or email Lynn at all hours of the day and sometimes night with various questions or reminders and she was incredibly responsive. When I made a major change to the timeline the night before the wedding (swapping out whether the bride or groom would arrive at the church first) she rolled with it. And, on the day of the wedding, when I realized the dance floor was in the wrong location at the reception venue (I was taking photos there and saw it), I texted Lynn to make sure someone knew and could take care of it.
    Lynn also took care of a number of issues with my vendors. For instance, when the van I rented for the day (Falcon Valet - I don't recommend) never showed up for the leg to take me from pre-ceremony photos to the church, Lynn talked with them after the wedding and arranged a discount for me. And when my reception venue was planning to charge me extra for outdoor pre-ceremony photos, although the contract only specified a fee for photos *inside* the venue, Lynn talked them out of it.
    Lynn was never flustered, always calm and level-headed, and so helpful with planning my day-of timeline, which I had no idea would be so complicated. So solicitous, as well.
    Highly recommend!

Brittany · Married on 04/29/2017

Lynn Nelson is such a blessing! She is kind, patient, timely, and her work is incredible. She has great attention to detail & knowledge of her craft: for instance, when I asked to add a bustle to my wedding dress, she knew the best way to do it based on the fabric. My friend, getting married in Pennsylvania, came to Bridal Silhouette, because the pricing is better than anywhere else. She makes your visit special too- her husband even played wedding music when I came back to try on my dress!

Megan · Married on 11/05/2016

Lynn was amazing. She kept everything running smoothly and on schedule, while always seeming calm and unhurried. It was clear that she had everything under control and was thinking of things before they happened, which alleviated a lot of stress on the wedding day and in the weeks leading up to it. Hiring Lynn was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding – I would recommend her to anyone!

Julia · Married on 08/19/2016

Wonderful wedding planner. Lynn was a great asset to us. We pulled our wedding together in 7 weeks' time, which would've been really difficult to do without Lynn's help.

Christy · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding day would not have been possible without Lynn, both as a tailor and as a coordinator! I first worked with Lynn when she tailored my wedding gown, which required some unique alterations due to an unusual hemline. She came up with creative solutions that would help me stay within budget, and the work was done with impeccable quality and completed quickly. Where Lynn really saved the day was with wedding coordinating. At the time my dress was being altered, there was an unresolved dispute with our all-inclusive venue. We ended up changing venues one month before the wedding, which included loosing our day-of coordinator. In the midst of the chaos, Lynn stepped in without hesitation to fill that void for us. She came to multiple meetings with the different vendors to help plan, provided comprehensive lists of items and things to think about to help me stay organized, guided and assisted the caterers on the day of to make the venue look stunning - honestly, she was the only reason the wedding day was able to proceed without a hitch. Without Lynn, I have NO idea how we would have pulled off a venue/catering change with less than a month to re-plan everything. She was truly a gift, and I will always count my blessings that I had her guidance to keep my wedding day from becoming a disaster! I would turn to her again in a heartbeat - with my wedding gown, my wedding day, and any other major event in my life!

Mandy · Married on 06/18/2016

Lynn was fantastic! She was able to fit me into her schedule on very short notice and the alterations she made were perfect. I loved my dress and that was thanks to Lynn! She was kind and a pleasure to work with.