Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY 11206 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 19
  • Deals 1

About DJ Ben Boylan

Pack Your Dance Floor with a Different Kind of DJ!

• Minimal & professional announcements
  • Nontraditional music - I work closely with you to curate your ideal playlist
  • Consultation your way: via email, text, video/voice call or meeting
  • Free recording of your reception sent to you days after your wedding
  • Customized music site for you to link to your wedding website
  • Clear-sounding microphones with no drop-outs
  • Sound/PA system
  • Liability insurance
  • Proficient in Portuguese and love DJing Brazilian weddings

Areas Covered

In addition to DJing in Brooklyn and all 5 boroughs of New York City, I love DJing weddings in The Hudson Valley and The Catskills. I also will travel throughout the northeast for an additional fee. Contact me now to get a quote.

Check My Website For...

• Transparent pricing (everyone gets the same price*)
  • Music samples
  • A list of venues I've DJed at
  • Recaps of real weddings where I was the DJ
  • Music and wedding planning tips on my blog
    See "Visit website" link above

*There may be an additional charge for traveling out of the New York Metropolitan area, and a small charge for weddings with over 200 guests

Follow DJ Ben Boylan on

DJ Ben Boylan 6
  • Robby

Robby Tanouye · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommended

Ben was everything we wanted and nothing we didn't.
    We had a May wedding at Brooklyn Winery with 95 people.
    We scheduled 3 calls leading up to the wedding to discuss specifics and to express the "feel" of the wedding. Ben always made himself available via phone/email. He offered a structured worksheet beforehand that we gave some specific songs and asked him to improvize and feel out the rest -- we wanted some of our dancefloor and cocktail hour music to be a surprise to us, but to create a certain feel -- he accomplished this wonderfully! On specific songs (for bride walk-down song, recessional, first dance, etc), he was able to cut/blend tracks to hit all the timing we wanted on the ceremony -- (ie. "Ben, this seems too long in the chorus, could you chop 10 seconds?" = we'd often have a sample track in our email inboxes the next day)
    Ben also seamlessly coordinated with our officiant, wedding coordinator, photographer, and the rest of the team without us having to overmanage it -- huge upside.
    Ben was low-profile on Wedding Day, but always timed the music perfectly. He was creative with the space's AV constraints and acoustics, and he hit the volume just right for our different guests (grandma vs millenials). Competitive NYC price and was well worth it!

Sent on 05/25/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Hey Robby, I know we already spoke over email, but I wanted to reply here as well. Thank you for this amazing review. I'm glad you and Nancy were so happy! It was a great wedding. Keep in touch and best of luck to you and Nancy! - Ben

S Auyeung · Married on 08/03/2019

A Fantastic Time

Ben was our wedding DJ and I can say that everything about our experience with Ben was incredible! From the time we started discussing the playlist up to the wedding itself, Ben was receptive to our ideas and creative. Together we curated a great event that got our older guests dancing - which was not an easy feat. Would highly recommend Ben for any of your events. He knows how to get people dancing!

Sent on 08/11/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Sabena, thank you so much for your review. I had a great time with you and Craig. Your family and friends were nice and it was an awesome party. Best of luck! - Ben

DJ Ben Boylan FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,750.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,750.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 250.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• DJ Ben Boylan 1
    Friday & Sunday 10% Discount

All couples who are getting married on a Friday or a Sunday get a 10% discount off my normal price! Mention you found me on WeddingWire.

• Soundhouse Rentals NYC
    Soundhouse Rentals NYC Wedding Rentals

Ben Boylan is a true New York City DJ. I don't think I've ever seen a DJ enjoy playing music for people more than this guy. Soundhouse ran the AV for a couple of weddings he was DJ'ing and he is one of the best we've ever seen. Crowds were having an outstanding time, all the way from the kids to the old folks. Great musical taste and he knows what the crowd is looking for. On top of being a fun DJ, he was tedious with details. He worked hand in hand with the wedding planner, the venue, and our AV tech team to make sure the wedding timeline was followed flawlessly. He is a professional worker who will put his whole energy into making sure your wedding goes off well so all you have to do is have fun.

• Brooklyn Brooklyn, NY, 11206 See on map