551 Third Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215 Map · Phone number

About Ava Weddings

Led by owner and primary photographer Sara Harper-Hudson, Ava Weddings specializes in images full of color, light, and character.

Best described as fine-art photojournalism, Ava Weddings’ style places emphasis on the details as well as the special moments unique to your day.

Ava Weddings offers flexible starting packages that include unlimited images (all retouched), prints, an online gallery, and a free engagement session. If the starting packages don’t perfectly suit you, Ava Weddings also offers completely à la carte packages based on your unique wedding and needs. Please contact Ava Weddings for more information on packages and pricing.

You’ve spent the last number of months planning the wedding, let Ava Weddings provide you with a thoughtful and thorough record of this momentous day

SummitNewJerseyAvaWeddings13
AmarilisJohnnyAvaWeddings1
AmarilisJohnnyAvaWeddings2

29 Reviews for Ava Weddings

Anita · Married on 06/06/2015

Sara took all of the photographs for our 200 person wedding. Some members of the family are a bit shy, but she was able to make them comfortable and get beautiful shots. She perfectly captured the day and we are thrilled with the outcome. Plus, she's a pleasure to work with.

• I

Ilana · Married on 07/13/2014

Sara and her partner were wonderful to work with! They were prompt, they were fun, easy to get along with, very easy to reach and very flexible! Our wedding party had quite a lot of little ones running everywhere and they handled mass chaos very well! The pictures came out beautifully and they really captured every moment very well. I would highly recommend Sara for your big day! Thanks Sara!

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2014

I met Sara at a wedding expo and although I didn't use any of the other vendors from the expo, I think I got very lucky with her. She has a wonderfully bubbly personality, very easy to work with, and very responsible. I would completely recommend her to any of my friends. She was pregnant at the time I met her and I was a bit nervous about that since she'd have a 5 month newborn at the time of my wedding. However, I shouldn't have ever worried because she was always responsive to my emails, she came right on time to the wedding and Sun brunch, and she was completely focused on my wedding. I also have to give her credit because my husband is not an easy personality to work with for taking pictures. For our engagement photo session, he ended up cutting it short because he just had enough with our photographer who I got on Groupon :-). We had so many terrible pictures from that session where he's making weird faces or has a stiff expression. Working with Sara was so easy even for him. It was 9AM in the morning when we had scheduled our first look photos. My husband and I were very sleepy, but Sara came in bouncing and energetic. I had my wedding at the NY Botanical Gardens and she was completely gung-ho for visiting all the various photo sites and taking dozens of pictures. She would sing and laugh and make us do that too in order to loosen us up. In addition, we had a non-traditional Sunday brunch at the US Open tennis courts that Sara photographed. She was really accommodating about splitting up the hours from the package across the two days. She even stayed a bit over so that I could get a group photo of everyone. Since then, I saw a preview of the photos and they look beautiful. She has a radiant style that's very bright and sunny and happy. Colors pop off the page. I really feel that Sara is 5 stars given her service, professionalism, quality of photos, and value. Her package was very reasonable and I felt I ended up getting a lot compared to other photographers.

Ava Weddings FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• 551 Third Street Brooklyn, 11215 See on map