About Face MakeUp Artistry

Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Smithfield Williamsburg, Yorktown, Poquoson, Gloucester, Seaford, VA 23696 Map · Phone number

About About Face MakeUp Artistry

Owner and principal artist Kim Trotto is a professional makeup artist based in Seaford, VA (an enclave of York County). In addition to being a formally trained bridal beauty makeup artist, she is a Temptu Certified Pro Advanced Airbrush Artist and licensed Master Aesthetician. At About Face MakeUp Artistry we simply love to make women look and feel their most beautiful. We love doing the bridal look but do not believe in making all brides look the same. Your makeup trial is a chance for us to discuss the details of your wedding to ensure that we create the look that will make you look and feel your most beautiful and confident on this most special day. You are encouraged to bring inspirational images , dress swatches, pictures of your venue, flowers, attendants dresses, etc to ensure we create the perfect look for you that is cohesive and and perfectly suited to your style. The team at About Face MakeUp artistry will make your wedding day beauty luxurious and enjoyable!

I can also be booked for services such as facials, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning, exfoliating body treatments, makeup tutorials, and waxing.

Follow About Face MakeUp Artistry on

Helen1
About Face MakeUp Artistry
Looking like a princess on the eve of her big event! Photo compliments of Chris Sampson Photography.
Photographer Chris Sampson

About Face MakeUp Artistry 7
  • Kim

Kim Parrish · Married on 12/22/2018

What a fun experience!

I would highly recommend Kim to any future bridal party! She was fantastic and such a pleasure to work with. She arrived on time and was totally prepared with all of our make-up choices. I was especially looking for someone to do air-brush and Kim did an excellent job! All my girls felt like models! Kim was very easy to get along with from the consultation to the wedding day itself. I would definitely use her again if an occasion arises.

Sent on 01/29/2019
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 8
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 9

About Face MakeUp Artistry's reply:

Kim you were so kind and thoughtful to me on your wedding day! It was truly my pleasure and I am so delighted that I was able to be your makeup artist:)
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful Makeup, Soothing Precence

Kim was such a pleasure to work with! There were six of us total having our makeup done, and Kim brought another artist with her to ensure that we had plenty of time. From our first meeting at my trial, I could tell how knowledgable and professional she was. She was able to take a photo of the style I loved and fit it to me. She's was a calm, soothing presence the day of the wedding, as well. Kim was able to make me feel like the most beautiful version of myself on my special day. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 10
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 11
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 12
    About Face MakeUp Artistry 13

About Face MakeUp Artistry's reply:

Oh my goodness Amanda, what kind words! Thank you so much but the pleasure was all mine:) You were so thoughtful and I couldn’t be more delighted that I got to be part of your day!

Kirsten Shiroma · Married on 12/01/2018

Fantastic Wedding Makeup

I had a wedding makeup trial and wedding day makeup with Kim. I did air brush both times. Kim listened to my thoughts, discussed the pictures I pinned on pinterest for her, and went through all the options. After the trial, Kim was very accepting of my requested changes and my make up looked fantastic on wedding day.

Day of event, Kim made me feel fantastic. She had referred back to her notes that she made at the trial and she stuck around to make sure that I was all touched up before I went out for first look photos. I had a tearful moment before and Kim touched me up since the tear streak ran through the airbrush makeup. Kim and her team did a great job. Aimee, her 2nd chair, was just as talented as Kim and she made my bridesmaids look phenomenal.

Kim is an angel. Both Kim and hair wanted me to sit at the same time and we were having trouble figuring out timing on when to have everyone sit for hair and makeup. Kim suggested that she would email the hair vendor to discuss. This was incredibly helpful as both vendors were able to discuss their timing and were able to figure out how to work things so that I wasn't scheduled to sit for both at the same time.

I highly recommend Kim. She is sweet, talented, and professional. Her pricing is fantastic and she was very easy to work with. If I ever need professional make up done again, and am in the area, I will definitely be reaching out again.

Sent on 01/29/2019

About Face MakeUp Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Kirsten! You were a dream to work with and it was an honor to be part of your day! You were so kind and gracious . . . perfect and sweet client!

About Face MakeUp Artistry FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 195.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 0.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 215.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 0.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 70.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 90.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 65.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Group Services, Hair Removal, Makeup, Mult. Stylists, Licensed
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Brow/Lash Tinting, Tattoo Coverage
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Shaving, Tweezing, Waxing
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 20

• I Do Weddings with Love
    I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Kim on several occasions. She is a complete professional and joy to be around. Her smile lights up a room and her skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have her at their event!

• Ellasin's Events LLC.
    Ellasin's Events LLC. Wedding Planners

I had the opportunity to work with About Face MUA several times, and was very saified with their work. They make sure they go above and beyond what clients ask and have each of them looking fabulous.

• Rev. Cory Newell and Associates
    Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Wedding Officiants

About Face is stunning all the way around, especially as they take care of their clients. I love seeing the couples "clean up" so well, its a double take! They do great and everything is flawless. It's a good decision to consider this company for your needs!

• Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Smithfield, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Poquoson, Gloucester Seaford, 23696 See on map
    By appointment