Virginia Beach, VA 23479 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 38

About Dragon Studio

My name is Mike Dragon. I’ve been in the photography industry for over ten years. Photography started as a curiosity and has grown to be my passion. I’ve worked hard to become a well rounded artist. I studied photography in college and finished strong with a Photography Degree. I’ve worked under some well known professionals to learn first hand how to run a successful photography studio. Every day I wake up I do what I love.

My style is very different from most photographers. I try hard not to follow industry trends. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I take a laid back approach to my business all while maintaining composure and professionalism. During a session or event you will feel at ease. Personally, it’s all about making connections and building relationships with everyone I photograph. When you choose Dragon Studio as your photographer you’re not just another number you’re like family.

Follow Dragon Studio on

0l2a0695

• Videos 1

55 Reviews for Dragon Studio

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

Booking Mike was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. We had the pleasure of getting to know Mike in February when he photographed my now, sister in laws wedding in Norfolk. Mike is very easy going and likes to make sure everyone is having a great time. Those few moments leading up to me walking down the aisle had me all sorts of emotions...but Mike made sure to distract me with silly stories and a good laugh to calm my nerves. All his pictures turn out amazing and I am beyond excited to see ours in the upcoming weeks!!! Thanks again Dragon, it was truly a great night.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Dragon Studio 1

Dragon Studio's reply:

I'm so glad I paid you off for this great review. Best $12 ever spent! hahahaha in all seriousness you guys are some of my favorite people. I wish you could get married every year.

Colton · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred to Mike from our coordinator at the Hilton and I am really glad that we were! Mikes personality is awesome and you can tell he just really enjoys being with the people he is photography and tries to make it personal for them. We met with him in person several months before our event to discuss things and get to know each other and we were very pleased and felt very comfortable. Unfortunately our wedding event was cancelled due to Hurricane Florence, but Mike was fantastic through that whole process too. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional photographer and wants to feel comfortable with that photographer and the pictures he takes. His prices are very reasonable, and options for obtaining the copies of the pictures are fantastic as well (it even allowed our guests to order copies for themselves!). Highly recommend Mike to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

As sad as I am that your wedding did not happen. I am still happy that I'll be able to photograph your family instead. It's going to be the best family session ever!!!

Shandra · Married on 08/24/2018

We loved Mike!!

Mike did our engagement and wedding photos. He was so professional and made us so comfortable when taking pictures. Everyone in my wedding party loved him and complimented us on how nice and professional he was at the wedding. The final pictures were phenomenal! We love his work.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Shandra. Your wedding was amazing! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Dragon Studio FAQ

• The Founders Inn and Spa
    The Founders Inn and Spa Hotel Weddings

Michael Dragon and his staff at Dragon Photography Studio are a preferred vendor of The Founders Inn and Spa. Additionally, The Founders Inn and Spa has used a variety of photos taken by Michael Dragon as marketing images. Dragon is an excellent photographer that understands his client’s needs and vision for capturing the precious moments of their “Big Day”. ~Brittany

• The Yacht Club at Marina Shores
    The Yacht Club at Marina Shores Banquet Halls

Mr. Personality. His work is beautiful but it's Mike, the photographer, who you'll fall in love with. He is so easy going that he makes it feel like you are talking with your best friend. He is your partner throughout the process, capturing the most special moments of your day. Our brides are always pleased with the experience of hiring Dragon Studios, the planning, the day-of and especially the photos produced. We are so very pleased to have him as a part of our vendor team at The Yacht Club.

• About Face MakeUp Artistry
    About Face MakeUp Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Mike is an excellent photographer with a winning personality as an added bonus! His work is recognized and published across Hampton Roads.

• Virginia Beach, VA See on map