Virginia Beach, VA 23479 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 39

About Dragon Studio

My name is Mike Dragon. I’ve been in the photography industry for over ten years. Photography started as a curiosity and has grown to be my passion. I’ve worked hard to become a well rounded artist. I studied photography in college and finished strong with a Photography Degree. I’ve worked under some well known professionals to learn first hand how to run a successful photography studio. Every day I wake up I do what I love.

My style is very different from most photographers. I try hard not to follow industry trends. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I take a laid back approach to my business all while maintaining composure and professionalism. During a session or event you will feel at ease. Personally, it’s all about making connections and building relationships with everyone I photograph. When you choose Dragon Studio as your photographer you’re not just another number you’re like family.

Follow Dragon Studio on

63 Reviews for Dragon Studio

• Rhevyn

Rhevyn Berry · Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer

I was shocked by the pictures Mike took and so were all of my guests. People I barely know have asked for links to our pictures because so many people have raved about them. I loved that Mike captures moments as they are and does little editing. I look out our pictures at least once a week because I love them so much! You will be ecstatic with his work, I recommend a thousand times over!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Brittany · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful photos

Mike was great! Both our wedding and engagement photos turned out amazing. Mike was very fun to work with and fit right in, not making anything feel forced or awkward. Mike was able to pick up on our personalities very quickly and we felt that our photos reflected that. We can not wait to use him in the future.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you SO much. You guys are amazing. I had a great time with you and your families. I wish you both nothing but the best.

Morgan · Married on 10/12/2019

Our wedding day captured like a fairytale!

Mike is not only one of the best photographers I have ever seen; his professionalism and attention to detail goes beyond words. After the wedding, I had several guests come up to me to let me know how much they enjoyed interacting with Mike. He was not only able to recreate our beautiful day in photos; but also made an impact on our guests as they were so impressed by his sincere personality. If you need a photographer for your wedding, you have come to the right place!!!! He is the best in my book. We spoke to several photographers before booking with Mike and were immediately captivated by his art and very friendly personality. Mike- you are the best!!!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you guys so much. I really had a great time with you guys as well. You have a great group of family and friends.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Dragon Studio FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Custom Graphics
    High-Res Images
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs

• The Founders Inn and Spa Hotel Weddings

Michael Dragon and his staff at Dragon Photography Studio are a preferred vendor of The Founders Inn and Spa. Additionally, The Founders Inn and Spa has used a variety of photos taken by Michael Dragon as marketing images. Dragon is an excellent photographer that understands his client’s needs and vision for capturing the precious moments of their “Big Day”. ~Brittany

• The Yacht Club at Marina Shores
    The Yacht Club at Marina Shores Banquet Halls

Mr. Personality. His work is beautiful but it's Mike, the photographer, who you'll fall in love with. He is so easy going that he makes it feel like you are talking with your best friend. He is your partner throughout the process, capturing the most special moments of your day. Our brides are always pleased with the experience of hiring Dragon Studios, the planning, the day-of and especially the photos produced. We are so very pleased to have him as a part of our vendor team at The Yacht Club.

• About Face MakeUp Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Mike is an excellent photographer with a winning personality as an added bonus! His work is recognized and published across Hampton Roads.

• Virginia Beach See on map
    Location of (Dragon Studio)