Virginia Beach, VA 23479 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 38

About Dragon Studio

My name is Mike Dragon. I’ve been in the photography industry for over ten years. Photography started as a curiosity and has grown to be my passion. I’ve worked hard to become a well rounded artist. I studied photography in college and finished strong with a Photography Degree. I’ve worked under some well known professionals to learn first hand how to run a successful photography studio. Every day I wake up I do what I love.

My style is very different from most photographers. I try hard not to follow industry trends. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I take a laid back approach to my business all while maintaining composure and professionalism. During a session or event you will feel at ease. Personally, it’s all about making connections and building relationships with everyone I photograph. When you choose Dragon Studio as your photographer you’re not just another number you’re like family.

Follow Dragon Studio on

Dragon Studio 6
Dragon Studio 7
  • Johnny

Johnny D'silva · Married on 07/20/2019

Professional and Easy to work with

Mike is on the top tier of photographers to hire for you event. Just look at the rest of his reviews. However, let me reassure you, he will not disappoint. Its very easy to get a hold of him and he is quick to respond. His work, on his website, speaks for itself!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Dragon Studio 8
    Dragon Studio 9
    Dragon Studio 10

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Johnny. To say it was a pleasure photographing your wedding would be an understatement. We had a blast with you guys. I look forward to watching you and Anna conquer the world!

Melissa · Married on 06/29/2019

We LOVE our Wedding Photos!!!

Mike Dragon is AMAZING!! We absolutely love our pictures! He captured everything! He was so easy to work with and was so friendly & fun! All of our bridal party commented on how much they loved him! Our wedding pictures are beautiful! He's so creative and made our wedding day memories so special for us. I just want to look at our pictures over and over again. Mike is a truly exceptional photographer and I highly recommend him! When we first got engaged, I called him and I knew immediately I wanted him to photograph our big day. Best decision ever!! Thank you, Mike, for everything and for making our wedding day so special!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa. I also loved your wedding party. hahaha you guys have an awesome group of people around you. And the fact they all partied with you through the heat really shows how much they love you!!!

Jessica Asfari · Married on 06/22/2019

Hiring Dragon Photography was one of the best choices we made!

I would highly recommend Dragon Studios to ALL of my friends. Mike made us feel so comfortable and special on our wedding day and really listened to what we wanted and did not want. He was very attentive of when we needed to take a little breather throughout the night, and knew when to step back. His personality is so calming and kind that it made my wedding day that much LESS stressful. He worked extremely well with all of my other vendors. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out, I am sure they are amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. Your wedding was amazing! Weddings can be stressful. I always do my best to keep everyone relaxed. Because weddings are supposed to be FUN!

Dragon Studio FAQ

• The Founders Inn and Spa
    The Founders Inn and Spa Hotel Weddings

Michael Dragon and his staff at Dragon Photography Studio are a preferred vendor of The Founders Inn and Spa. Additionally, The Founders Inn and Spa has used a variety of photos taken by Michael Dragon as marketing images. Dragon is an excellent photographer that understands his client’s needs and vision for capturing the precious moments of their “Big Day”. ~Brittany

• The Yacht Club at Marina Shores
    The Yacht Club at Marina Shores Banquet Halls

Mr. Personality. His work is beautiful but it's Mike, the photographer, who you'll fall in love with. He is so easy going that he makes it feel like you are talking with your best friend. He is your partner throughout the process, capturing the most special moments of your day. Our brides are always pleased with the experience of hiring Dragon Studios, the planning, the day-of and especially the photos produced. We are so very pleased to have him as a part of our vendor team at The Yacht Club.

• About Face MakeUp Artistry
    About Face MakeUp Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Mike is an excellent photographer with a winning personality as an added bonus! His work is recognized and published across Hampton Roads.