Virginia Beach, VA 23479 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 39
  • Real Weddings 1

About Dragon Studio

My name is Mike Dragon. I’ve been in the photography industry for over ten years. Photography started as a curiosity and has grown to be my passion. I’ve worked hard to become a well rounded artist. I studied photography in college and finished strong with a Photography Degree. I’ve worked under some well known professionals to learn first hand how to run a successful photography studio. Every day I wake up I do what I love.

My style is very different from most photographers. I try hard not to follow industry trends. I march to the beat of my own drummer. I take a laid back approach to my business all while maintaining composure and professionalism. During a session or event you will feel at ease. Personally, it’s all about making connections and building relationships with everyone I photograph. When you choose Dragon Studio as your photographer you’re not just another number you’re like family.

Follow Dragon Studio on

65 Reviews for Dragon Studio

• Rachel

Rachel Harris · Married on 08/29/2020

Picture perfect

Mike and his team were so amazing! Not only were they a blast to have around on our special day, they listened to the details of our vision and captured each and every special moment. From the first meeting, we knew Mike was the perfect addition to an awesome team that made our wedding possible. We received the pictures promptly afterwards and cried tears of joy reviewing them and reminiscing on our incredible day. Nothing was missed and the quality was beyond our imagination.

Sent on 09/18/2020

Dragon Studio's reply:

Aw Yay! Thank you guys so much. I had such a great time photographing your wedding. You are an amazing couple and I wish you both nothing but happiness in your marriage!

Stephanie Wachter · Married on 06/27/2020

Great Photos

Working with Mike from Dragon Studio was great! He was extremely easy to work with and easy going. He always kept us up to date on what was going on and what he needed from from. He was very flexible and accommodating on payments and the photos we wanted. I had quite a few of guests at my wedding comment on the fact that they noticed he was always looking for a photo opportunity and he was never just standing around! Our picture came out great! The amount and different pictures he had taken were great. I highly recommend Dragon Studio for your wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2020
  • Rhevyn

Rhevyn Berry · Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer

I was shocked by the pictures Mike took and so were all of my guests. People I barely know have asked for links to our pictures because so many people have raved about them. I loved that Mike captures moments as they are and does little editing. I look out our pictures at least once a week because I love them so much! You will be ecstatic with his work, I recommend a thousand times over!

Sent on 01/09/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Dragon Studio FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Custom Graphics
    High-Res Images
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs

1 Real Wedding

• The Founders Inn and Spa Hotel Weddings

Michael Dragon and his staff at Dragon Photography Studio are a preferred vendor of The Founders Inn and Spa. Additionally, The Founders Inn and Spa has used a variety of photos taken by Michael Dragon as marketing images. Dragon is an excellent photographer that understands his client’s needs and vision for capturing the precious moments of their “Big Day”. ~Brittany

• The Yacht Club at Marina Shores
    The Yacht Club at Marina Shores Banquet Halls

Mr. Personality. His work is beautiful but it's Mike, the photographer, who you'll fall in love with. He is so easy going that he makes it feel like you are talking with your best friend. He is your partner throughout the process, capturing the most special moments of your day. Our brides are always pleased with the experience of hiring Dragon Studios, the planning, the day-of and especially the photos produced. We are so very pleased to have him as a part of our vendor team at The Yacht Club.

• About Face MakeUp Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Mike is an excellent photographer with a winning personality as an added bonus! His work is recognized and published across Hampton Roads.

• Virginia Beach See on map
    Location of (Dragon Studio)