Dragon Studio Reviews

Dragon Studio 5
Dragon Studio 6
Dragon Studio 7

Melissa · Married on 06/29/2019

We LOVE our Wedding Photos!!!

Mike Dragon is AMAZING!! We absolutely love our pictures! He captured everything! He was so easy to work with and was so friendly & fun! All of our bridal party commented on how much they loved him! Our wedding pictures are beautiful! He's so creative and made our wedding day memories so special for us. I just want to look at our pictures over and over again. Mike is a truly exceptional photographer and I highly recommend him! When we first got engaged, I called him and I knew immediately I wanted him to photograph our big day. Best decision ever!! Thank you, Mike, for everything and for making our wedding day so special!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Jessica Asfari · Married on 06/22/2019

Hiring Dragon Photography was one of the best choices we made!

I would highly recommend Dragon Studios to ALL of my friends. Mike made us feel so comfortable and special on our wedding day and really listened to what we wanted and did not want. He was very attentive of when we needed to take a little breather throughout the night, and knew when to step back. His personality is so calming and kind that it made my wedding day that much LESS stressful. He worked extremely well with all of my other vendors. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out, I am sure they are amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. Your wedding was amazing! Weddings can be stressful. I always do my best to keep everyone relaxed. Because weddings are supposed to be FUN!

Kelsey Brogan · Married on 05/25/2019

He's an Artist

Mike Dragon did an amazing job with our wedding. He was always available for questions, very fun, and easy to work with from the planning process to post-wedding. On top of that, his work is stunning.

Thank you for everything, Mike!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to spend the day with you and your families!
  • Ashley

Ashley Fick · Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing!!!!

Working with Dragon Studio was one of the best decisions that we made! As soon as we met Mike, we knew that he would bring something special to our wedding day. He was fun, easy to work with, and quick to respond to any questions. Unfortunately, Mike had to leave our wedding early due to illness. Mike made sure that we still had two professional photographers to finish capturing our wedding day. Even though we were sad to see Mike leave, we had an absolute blast with Misty and Matt. The final photographs were above and beyond our expectations. We are proof that even if that worst case scenario happens, you will never be disappointed with choosing Dragon Studio. We are so thankful to be able to relive our perfect day with such beautiful memories!

Sent on 03/11/2019
    Dragon Studio 8

Dragon Studio's reply:

Yo guys are the best. In 13 years I've never had to leave a wedding. I appreciate you guys being so amazing and understanding. I'm so lucky to have an amazing team to step up when needed.

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

Booking Mike was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. We had the pleasure of getting to know Mike in February when he photographed my now, sister in laws wedding in Norfolk. Mike is very easy going and likes to make sure everyone is having a great time. Those few moments leading up to me walking down the aisle had me all sorts of emotions...but Mike made sure to distract me with silly stories and a good laugh to calm my nerves. All his pictures turn out amazing and I am beyond excited to see ours in the upcoming weeks!!! Thanks again Dragon, it was truly a great night.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Dragon Studio 9

Dragon Studio's reply:

I'm so glad I paid you off for this great review. Best $12 ever spent! hahahaha in all seriousness you guys are some of my favorite people. I wish you could get married every year.

Colton · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred to Mike from our coordinator at the Hilton and I am really glad that we were! Mikes personality is awesome and you can tell he just really enjoys being with the people he is photography and tries to make it personal for them. We met with him in person several months before our event to discuss things and get to know each other and we were very pleased and felt very comfortable. Unfortunately our wedding event was cancelled due to Hurricane Florence, but Mike was fantastic through that whole process too. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional photographer and wants to feel comfortable with that photographer and the pictures he takes. His prices are very reasonable, and options for obtaining the copies of the pictures are fantastic as well (it even allowed our guests to order copies for themselves!). Highly recommend Mike to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

As sad as I am that your wedding did not happen. I am still happy that I'll be able to photograph your family instead. It's going to be the best family session ever!!!

Shandra · Married on 08/24/2018

We loved Mike!!

Mike did our engagement and wedding photos. He was so professional and made us so comfortable when taking pictures. Everyone in my wedding party loved him and complimented us on how nice and professional he was at the wedding. The final pictures were phenomenal! We love his work.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Shandra. Your wedding was amazing! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Brian · Married on 08/04/2018

Mike Dragon did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos! He was very professional, easy to work with, and has a great eye for detail!
    I am a wedding photographer as well so I specifically picked out a wedding photographer that could live up to or surpass my expectations! Mike Dragon you nailed it!!! I also want to thank Misty the 2nd shooter who did a outstanding job as well.

Brian and Letita

Sent on 09/12/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

I can't say enough Brian. You and your entire family were one of the most welcoming groups I've had the pleasure of photographing. It's the ultimate compliment to have another photographer decide to hire me. That truly means a world to me. You guys are awesome and I wish you both the best in your marriage.

Cris · Married on 07/22/2018

Mike Dragon and his associate Misty were everything we were looking for in wedding photographers! We wanted someone who would capture the spirit and light heartedness of our event while still being able to capture professional images that we will treasure for years to come! They were so easy to work with, very responsible and accommodating, and made the whole process stress free and fun! Both Mike and Misty really felt like part of the wedding and we were happy to have them share our day with us!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Dragon Studio 10
    Dragon Studio 11
    Dragon Studio 12
    Dragon Studio 13
    Dragon Studio 14
    Dragon Studio 15

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We had a blast at your wedding! I'm so happy to be a part of it and even happier that you are already enjoying the pics.

Jessica · Married on 05/08/2018

When you are young, you dream about your future often. Your future career, house, partner, and of course your wedding. You dream up every detail. If you're like me you've even gone so far as to dream up the "perfect" photos to fully capture the memory. Luckily for us, Dragon seems to see things just as we do. Not by a standard of set poses to check off a list/Pinterest board but rather by living in the dream with us. When I look at our photos I can't help but remember exactly why we chose Dragon Studios because he is a story teller. When I look at a photo I am instantly transported back to that very moment. I can feel everything that I did when the photo was captured. The wind blowing, secrets whispered, smell of the rainy mountain air, and little clues in the pictures remind you of that making it all more tangible.

Our set up was little unique in that we invited Dragon to stay with us and our families at a cabin in the mountains for a few days for a mountain getaway backyard style wedding. We were fortunate once again that Dragon is such an easy going person and fit right in with all of us. We hung out by the fire, hiked, and even had a Waffle Off (a waffle competition of which we will not name the winner)! He has a wonderful sense of humor making your time with him all the more enjoyable.

As you are dreaming up your very own wedding day/week be sure to add Dragon Studios as your dream photographer, you will have the most wonderful story to tell.

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Dragon Studio 23
    Dragon Studio 24
    Dragon Studio 25

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thanks for saying such nice things Jess! You guys know your wedding was awesome. I had such a great time getting to know your families. All too often all I get is a few hours but I was lucky enough to spend 3 days with people who started as complete strangers but when it was time to leave I felt like I was leaving life long friends. I'm so glad I was part of your day. Don't forget to send me the invite for the 2.0 mountain anniversary!

Tiffany · Married on 05/04/2018

I can’t use any word other than AMAZING, to describe Mike Dragon. His professionalism and eye for detail are nothing short of spectacular. He was very attentive and helped make our wedding day easy and fun. We went with a First Look and took wedding party and family photos before the wedding even started. I loved that, that was an option because after we said our “ I Do’s” we were able to head straight to the party! Thank you so much Mike for your attention to detail in capturing our special day. You truly are a master of your craft.

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Dragon Studio 26
    Dragon Studio 27
    Dragon Studio 28
    Dragon Studio 29
    Dragon Studio 30
    Dragon Studio 31

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany. You guys are amazing. Your wedding was fantastic. I wish we could do it all again!!

Kathryn · Married on 03/24/2018

Mike Dragon has a 5 star rating because he totally deserves every millimeter of those stars. I first looked him up as one of my venue's preferred photographers, and was really impressed with his eye for composition and light. I'm an art historian and I worried if I had wedding photos that weren't good from an artistic compositional perspective I would hate them. Yes, I know, that makes me fussy. Anyway, Mike is an artist. Look at how he frames light and structure; he's extremely talented as a photographer, let alone wedding photographer. And as a wedding photographer, he and his crew impressed me a whole lot too! My husband and I were nuts, and had a wedding party of 16 bridesmaids and groomsmen-- that's a whole lot of people to wrangle, all of them kind of stressed, plus our big complicated families, and the whole Dragon Studio team was so patient, so professional, and still managed to get it all done! I could not be more impressed. And on the wedding day, brides, let me say this-- the photographer you choose will be with you ALL. DAY. Like, it's their job not miss a single moment, and that means you are going to hang out, and they're going to be a major part of your day. And on your wedding day, you will be radiant but also frazzled and maybe a little crazier than you've ever felt. I am fairly certain Mike Dragon has heard me say all kinds of nonsense (did I mention huge wedding party? like herding deaf kittens!)-- and he was so nice, always with respect and dignity. He and his whole team rolled with the craziness of our big fun day and I cannot imagine it without him. Our pictures are gorgeous! And we have every single group shot we asked for. I could not be more pleased with the entire experience and I recommend him wholeheartedly.

Sent on 04/24/2018
    Dragon Studio 32
    Dragon Studio 33
    Dragon Studio 34
    Dragon Studio 35
    Dragon Studio 36

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you SO much Katy. You guys are awesome. Anyone who has Primus as their intro song is a favorite in my book. Your wedding had so much of you guys in it. It really was awesome.

Jillian · Married on 02/17/2018

Mike is the best decision you could make! He made our wedding so much fun. The entire wedding party fell in love with him, amd it's decided he's doing my brother's wedding too!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Well I think I may have fell in love with your wedding party too. I had a blast with all of you. Thank you for laughing at my inappropriate jokes! :) I'll look forward to seeing you guys at Ashley and Chris' wedding.

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

When our original wedding photographer fell out I was freaking out about finding another one. My wedding planner, Crystal Salazar from Cherry Blossom Planning Factory recommended Mike Dragon from Dragon Photo Studio and I'm forever grateful that she did! When I first talked to Mike on the phone I new our personalities were going to jive, and then when I checked out his photos, I knew even more. I asked for unique, fun, and candid photos of the wedding and he went above and beyond that. His work is nothing less than amazing and he captured our special day beautifully. I will recommend him to anyone I know looking for a photographer for any event and plan to ask him to photograph us in the future!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

I had such a great time with you guys! Your wedding was so much fun and was so pretty. Thank you so much for including me.

Kendra · Married on 07/07/2017

LaShawn and I can't say enough about Mike. We fell in love with him at our first meeting. We hired Mike for our engagement pictures and for our wedding. His photography is awesome and he has a personality to match. The week of the wedding I was stressing out over the smallest detail and Mike took the time to speak with me several times about my options. If you are looking for a photographer that feels more like your friend which makes taking pictures very easier, Mike is your guy. If you want a photographer at your wedding who is so cool people think he's just a guest, then Mike is your man. We haven't received our final wedding pictures back yet, but I have been able to see a couple and they are gourgous!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are THE best!!!! Thank you so much. I was so happy to be a part of your special day. It truly means a lot.

Mirgan · Married on 06/03/2017

Mike was the photographer at my friends wedding, and after meeting and talking with him I knew that one day when I got married I wanted him to be our photographer. After we got engaged Mike was the first vendor I booked! Mike Dragon has such amazing an amazing personality, his sense of humor helped get me through my wedding day nerves and he was always quick to respond to any questions via email or phone. Casey and I really felt like we not only had a great photographer but a new friend. His consultation was held at his home, and it was really cool to be welcomed into his home and get to see such a happy home.
    I can't stop looking at our pictures, his photographs are unbelievable. Mike really captured who we are as a couple and we will be forever thankful.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are the sweetest! I'll always remember how awesome you were at Reagan's wedding to help me set up the details and how Casey almost set me on fire... I'm so happy that you guys love your photos.

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2017

Mike's attention to detail continues to impress my husband and I even after our wedding. The packaging of the USB which came in a small container wrapped with a leather band, the little details are a nice touch. Mike truly takes the time to consider the details and its obvious in his work. We ordered a book, the layout of the pictures looks great along with the quality of the book itself! Mike was consistently quick to respond to all correspondence throughout our wedding and after the wedding as we reviewed photos. When we need a photographer again we will be working with Mike!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Tanya · Married on 03/31/2017

I met Mike at a bridal expo and knew I wanted to book him right away! He was professional, accommodating, and super easy to work with. Mike first did our engagement photos and I loved them! He then made them into an awesome book for us to use as a guestbook at our wedding. Leading up to the wedding, Mike was helpful and met with us to discuss what we wanted. When the wedding day came, Mike surpassed my expectations! Him and his partner showed up, laughed and joked with us all and made everyone feel comfortable. He took so many photos and even though it was pouring outside with tornadoes passing through and he couldn't do the normal outside pictures, he took amazing inside photos! When my photos came, I was so in love with them! He captured the day perfectly and I nothing short of pleased. I have gotten so many compliments on my photos. Mike Dragon is amazing!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Rachael · Married on 07/16/2016

Absolutely fell in love with this photographer! I was planning a wedding from college and my parents actually met him at a bridal show and thought he was perfect for me. I met him the next time I was in town and it was a perfect match. Mike is so easy going that it feels like you are talking with a best friend. He was so accommodating when our wedding date had to change because of military schedules. He is an amazing photographer and I don't believe anyone else would have been able to capture our quirky personalities on film quite like he did!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Rachael! That really means a lot to me. I was happy to photograph your wedding and was very pleased with how everything turned out. I wish you both the best in TX!

Seth · Married on 06/25/2016

As a Videographer who understands many of the same aspects of photography, finding the right photographer for our special day was going to be a challenge for me. So many "wedding photographers" take a blown out picture and call it beautiful. Sure, white is like the main color of a wedding but I wanted more than that. I wanted detail, color and contrast. As we were sitting looking for venues I kept seeing Dragons info and finally looked at one of his books. I knew right then this is the look I was going for. Our pictures turned out amazing. Camera quality is of the best. Sharp focus and amazing colors. He was extremely flexible with us. Took the shots she specifically asked for and important to me is that we also got full access to digital copies. If you want the best around I couldn't recommend anyone else. However the best does cost but totally worth it! I know that when I look back on our special day and upload the pictures directly to my grandsons iBrain that I will have a great story to tell in great quality.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

That means a lot coming from you Seth. Your wedding was amazing and Im glad that I was able to be a part of it. Thank you both so much.

Michael · Married on 03/26/2016

Mikes work is fantastic. I am very hesitant on reveiws. I always thank people for their services. Mike Dragon on the other hand deserves more than that. He has people skills. He definitely knows his craft and I would recommend him to anyone. Pricing is very reasonable. I know that we will be using him again to do family pictures and all the other events that we will have.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Michael. It was a pleasure working with you and your family.
  • Suzie

Suzie · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot express how much we not only love our Engagement and Wedding pictures, but Mike himself! The one vendor you have to make sure you really truly like and get along with is your photographer, you are with them all day. With that said, I couldn't have asked for a better person than Mike to have around the whole time on the biggest day of our lives.
    Our Trip to DC for our engagement shoot was amazing, we wanted something different than the typical beach pictures, so we went to DC, walked our tushies off and got some amazing unique photos. We couldn't have asked for a more fun time on top of great shots.
    Mike is so easy to work with, he has this creative flare that you just let him run with and you wont be disappointed! The colors are so vibrant, and the black and whites are so classy! He truly has an impeccable craft at capturing candid moments, and capturing uniquely placed shots as well.
    I have said this from the moment I saw his work.... MAGICAL. You are undoubtedly not only going to love your photos from him, but love the time you spend with him. We cannot wait to get some printed for our home and office!
    I can say this with the utmost honesty, HIRE HIM, you will not only have amazing memories to share, but you will make a forever friend. Thanks Mike!! We love you!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Alexander · Married on 05/24/2015

Dragon Studio Review

Mike Dragon is a gifted photographer that preserved our recent wedding with elegant grace and artistry.

Without intrusion, he amassed dozens of interesting, compelling pictures of our ceremony, hurdling beyond the boundaries of standard wedding imagery. The sheer creativity of his shots was only exceeded by the unflinching accuracy and clarity of the countless images he captured of friends, family and colleagues.

It was obvious that he was seeking not only imaginative shots that presented a story, but that he was in total command of the overall composition of each photograph. There were sweeping panoramic vistas mixed in with unusual close-up angle presentations. He collected candid individual guest reactions to formal ceremonial moments in single photographs. He used black and white film on several shots that allowed an almost visceral feel to many of the images.

Mr. Dragon was professional in all respects, with regard to appointments, billing, presentation and delivery. He is internet savvy and offered a range of pricing and package options likely suitable to most budgets. He was cordial, patient, never obtrusive and dedicated to our total satisfaction.

In an era where cell phone camera shots often dominate the photographic landscape, Mike Dragon demonstrates with superior equipment and skill why you engage an a craftsman like him, when your memories matter most.
    We heartily endorse Mike Dragon Studios to preserve the images of any significant event you are planning.

-Joy and Alex Strawn / 2015

Sent on 09/19/2015

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Alex. I was absolutely honored to be a part of your wedding day. Please keep in touch in the future and give my best to Joy and your families!

I absolutely love Michael Dragon! He is an amazing photographer and truly cares about his clients. Our engagement pictures came out stunning and I have referred several friends to him. He really listens to what the couple wants and does everything in his power to deliver. My fiancee hates pictures and kept commenting how comfortable and at ease he felt during our engagement session. I have no doubt our wedding will be the same. Mike went so far as to offer suggestions with other wedding topics which is a big help since he works in the industry and is very knowledgeable. This is by far the best investment I have made for my wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Katie · Married on 03/20/2015

Mike was so awesome to work with! I knew about his beautiful photography from working in the Norfolk wedding industry, so I when it was my wedding day I knew wanted him there. He was so flexible with our schedule and making last minute changes due to the possibility of rain. He is so friendly and professional, my groom and our family had only the wonderful things to say about him. We got our pictures in an online gallery this afternoon and I can't stop looking at them!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Katie. It was my pleasure!