Dragon Studio Reviews

67 Reviews for Dragon Studio

• Angela

Angela Lewis · Getting married on 10/05/2021

Beautiful Work, Exceptional Service

After all of the time Mike was forced to spend with us, I feel like he is more like a family friend then just our wedding photographer. (whether he likes it or not :) ) With delays caused by weather, having multiple shoots, and the added COVID issues, Mike still made sure we got everything we wanted and needed. From shooting pictures on the hottest day of the year, to shooting late into the night to capture our dream engagement pictures... Mike was able to accommodate the postponement of our original ceremony and was able to attend our intimate ceremony on our original day (in May) and still managed to accommodate us during his vacation for our rescheduled day. (in July) Not to mention all the pictures came out AMAZING!!

Mike and Misty are gems, if you're looking for someone to help you create something unique and inspiring Dragon Studios is the way to go...!!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are the best. I'm so happy I was able to be a part of so many memories with you guys. I get to meet people all the time and you two (actually three) are some of the best around! I've truly enjoyed every minute of it!

Kimberly · Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely Perfect!

There are not enough kind words to say about Mike! He works magic from start to finish! He’s got an eye for the perfect shots and makes you feel super comfortable! He is super flexible, dependable, and very professional. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Kim. You guys are amazing. I had a blast at your wedding! You had such a perfect day. From start to finish it was a really great day!
  • Rachel

Rachel Harris · Married on 08/29/2020

Picture perfect

Mike and his team were so amazing! Not only were they a blast to have around on our special day, they listened to the details of our vision and captured each and every special moment. From the first meeting, we knew Mike was the perfect addition to an awesome team that made our wedding possible. We received the pictures promptly afterwards and cried tears of joy reviewing them and reminiscing on our incredible day. Nothing was missed and the quality was beyond our imagination.

Sent on 09/18/2020

Dragon Studio's reply:

Aw Yay! Thank you guys so much. I had such a great time photographing your wedding. You are an amazing couple and I wish you both nothing but happiness in your marriage!

Stephanie Wachter · Married on 06/27/2020

Great Photos

Working with Mike from Dragon Studio was great! He was extremely easy to work with and easy going. He always kept us up to date on what was going on and what he needed from from. He was very flexible and accommodating on payments and the photos we wanted. I had quite a few of guests at my wedding comment on the fact that they noticed he was always looking for a photo opportunity and he was never just standing around! Our picture came out great! The amount and different pictures he had taken were great. I highly recommend Dragon Studio for your wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2020
  • Rhevyn

Rhevyn Berry · Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer

I was shocked by the pictures Mike took and so were all of my guests. People I barely know have asked for links to our pictures because so many people have raved about them. I loved that Mike captures moments as they are and does little editing. I look out our pictures at least once a week because I love them so much! You will be ecstatic with his work, I recommend a thousand times over!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Brittany · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful photos

Mike was great! Both our wedding and engagement photos turned out amazing. Mike was very fun to work with and fit right in, not making anything feel forced or awkward. Mike was able to pick up on our personalities very quickly and we felt that our photos reflected that. We can not wait to use him in the future.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you SO much. You guys are amazing. I had a great time with you and your families. I wish you both nothing but the best.

Morgan · Married on 10/12/2019

Our wedding day captured like a fairytale!

Mike is not only one of the best photographers I have ever seen; his professionalism and attention to detail goes beyond words. After the wedding, I had several guests come up to me to let me know how much they enjoyed interacting with Mike. He was not only able to recreate our beautiful day in photos; but also made an impact on our guests as they were so impressed by his sincere personality. If you need a photographer for your wedding, you have come to the right place!!!! He is the best in my book. We spoke to several photographers before booking with Mike and were immediately captivated by his art and very friendly personality. Mike- you are the best!!!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you guys so much. I really had a great time with you guys as well. You have a great group of family and friends.
  • Johnny

Johnny D'silva · Married on 07/20/2019

Professional and Easy to work with

Mike is on the top tier of photographers to hire for you event. Just look at the rest of his reviews. However, let me reassure you, he will not disappoint. Its very easy to get a hold of him and he is quick to respond. His work, on his website, speaks for itself!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Johnny. To say it was a pleasure photographing your wedding would be an understatement. We had a blast with you guys. I look forward to watching you and Anna conquer the world!

Melissa · Married on 06/29/2019

We LOVE our Wedding Photos!!!

Mike Dragon is AMAZING!! We absolutely love our pictures! He captured everything! He was so easy to work with and was so friendly & fun! All of our bridal party commented on how much they loved him! Our wedding pictures are beautiful! He's so creative and made our wedding day memories so special for us. I just want to look at our pictures over and over again. Mike is a truly exceptional photographer and I highly recommend him! When we first got engaged, I called him and I knew immediately I wanted him to photograph our big day. Best decision ever!! Thank you, Mike, for everything and for making our wedding day so special!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa. I also loved your wedding party. hahaha you guys have an awesome group of people around you. And the fact they all partied with you through the heat really shows how much they love you!!!

Jessica Asfari · Married on 06/22/2019

Hiring Dragon Photography was one of the best choices we made!

I would highly recommend Dragon Studios to ALL of my friends. Mike made us feel so comfortable and special on our wedding day and really listened to what we wanted and did not want. He was very attentive of when we needed to take a little breather throughout the night, and knew when to step back. His personality is so calming and kind that it made my wedding day that much LESS stressful. He worked extremely well with all of my other vendors. I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out, I am sure they are amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica. Your wedding was amazing! Weddings can be stressful. I always do my best to keep everyone relaxed. Because weddings are supposed to be FUN!

Kelsey Brogan · Married on 05/25/2019

He's an Artist

Mike Dragon did an amazing job with our wedding. He was always available for questions, very fun, and easy to work with from the planning process to post-wedding. On top of that, his work is stunning.

Thank you for everything, Mike!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to spend the day with you and your families!
  • Ashley

Ashley Fick · Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing!!!!

Working with Dragon Studio was one of the best decisions that we made! As soon as we met Mike, we knew that he would bring something special to our wedding day. He was fun, easy to work with, and quick to respond to any questions. Unfortunately, Mike had to leave our wedding early due to illness. Mike made sure that we still had two professional photographers to finish capturing our wedding day. Even though we were sad to see Mike leave, we had an absolute blast with Misty and Matt. The final photographs were above and beyond our expectations. We are proof that even if that worst case scenario happens, you will never be disappointed with choosing Dragon Studio. We are so thankful to be able to relive our perfect day with such beautiful memories!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Dragon Studio's reply:

Yo guys are the best. In 13 years I've never had to leave a wedding. I appreciate you guys being so amazing and understanding. I'm so lucky to have an amazing team to step up when needed.

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

Booking Mike was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. We had the pleasure of getting to know Mike in February when he photographed my now, sister in laws wedding in Norfolk. Mike is very easy going and likes to make sure everyone is having a great time. Those few moments leading up to me walking down the aisle had me all sorts of emotions...but Mike made sure to distract me with silly stories and a good laugh to calm my nerves. All his pictures turn out amazing and I am beyond excited to see ours in the upcoming weeks!!! Thanks again Dragon, it was truly a great night.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

I'm so glad I paid you off for this great review. Best $12 ever spent! hahahaha in all seriousness you guys are some of my favorite people. I wish you could get married every year.

Colton · Married on 09/15/2018

We were referred to Mike from our coordinator at the Hilton and I am really glad that we were! Mikes personality is awesome and you can tell he just really enjoys being with the people he is photography and tries to make it personal for them. We met with him in person several months before our event to discuss things and get to know each other and we were very pleased and felt very comfortable. Unfortunately our wedding event was cancelled due to Hurricane Florence, but Mike was fantastic through that whole process too. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional photographer and wants to feel comfortable with that photographer and the pictures he takes. His prices are very reasonable, and options for obtaining the copies of the pictures are fantastic as well (it even allowed our guests to order copies for themselves!). Highly recommend Mike to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

As sad as I am that your wedding did not happen. I am still happy that I'll be able to photograph your family instead. It's going to be the best family session ever!!!

Shandra · Married on 08/24/2018

We loved Mike!!

Mike did our engagement and wedding photos. He was so professional and made us so comfortable when taking pictures. Everyone in my wedding party loved him and complimented us on how nice and professional he was at the wedding. The final pictures were phenomenal! We love his work.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Shandra. Your wedding was amazing! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Brian · Married on 08/04/2018

Mike Dragon did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos! He was very professional, easy to work with, and has a great eye for detail!
    I am a wedding photographer as well so I specifically picked out a wedding photographer that could live up to or surpass my expectations! Mike Dragon you nailed it!!! I also want to thank Misty the 2nd shooter who did a outstanding job as well.

Brian and Letita

Sent on 09/12/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

I can't say enough Brian. You and your entire family were one of the most welcoming groups I've had the pleasure of photographing. It's the ultimate compliment to have another photographer decide to hire me. That truly means a world to me. You guys are awesome and I wish you both the best in your marriage.

Cris · Married on 07/22/2018

Mike Dragon and his associate Misty were everything we were looking for in wedding photographers! We wanted someone who would capture the spirit and light heartedness of our event while still being able to capture professional images that we will treasure for years to come! They were so easy to work with, very responsible and accommodating, and made the whole process stress free and fun! Both Mike and Misty really felt like part of the wedding and we were happy to have them share our day with us!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We had a blast at your wedding! I'm so happy to be a part of it and even happier that you are already enjoying the pics.

Jessica · Married on 05/08/2018

When you are young, you dream about your future often. Your future career, house, partner, and of course your wedding. You dream up every detail. If you're like me you've even gone so far as to dream up the "perfect" photos to fully capture the memory. Luckily for us, Dragon seems to see things just as we do. Not by a standard of set poses to check off a list/Pinterest board but rather by living in the dream with us. When I look at our photos I can't help but remember exactly why we chose Dragon Studios because he is a story teller. When I look at a photo I am instantly transported back to that very moment. I can feel everything that I did when the photo was captured. The wind blowing, secrets whispered, smell of the rainy mountain air, and little clues in the pictures remind you of that making it all more tangible.

Our set up was little unique in that we invited Dragon to stay with us and our families at a cabin in the mountains for a few days for a mountain getaway backyard style wedding. We were fortunate once again that Dragon is such an easy going person and fit right in with all of us. We hung out by the fire, hiked, and even had a Waffle Off (a waffle competition of which we will not name the winner)! He has a wonderful sense of humor making your time with him all the more enjoyable.

As you are dreaming up your very own wedding day/week be sure to add Dragon Studios as your dream photographer, you will have the most wonderful story to tell.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thanks for saying such nice things Jess! You guys know your wedding was awesome. I had such a great time getting to know your families. All too often all I get is a few hours but I was lucky enough to spend 3 days with people who started as complete strangers but when it was time to leave I felt like I was leaving life long friends. I'm so glad I was part of your day. Don't forget to send me the invite for the 2.0 mountain anniversary!

Tiffany · Married on 05/04/2018

I can’t use any word other than AMAZING, to describe Mike Dragon. His professionalism and eye for detail are nothing short of spectacular. He was very attentive and helped make our wedding day easy and fun. We went with a First Look and took wedding party and family photos before the wedding even started. I loved that, that was an option because after we said our “ I Do’s” we were able to head straight to the party! Thank you so much Mike for your attention to detail in capturing our special day. You truly are a master of your craft.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany. You guys are amazing. Your wedding was fantastic. I wish we could do it all again!!

Kathryn · Married on 03/24/2018

Mike Dragon has a 5 star rating because he totally deserves every millimeter of those stars. I first looked him up as one of my venue's preferred photographers, and was really impressed with his eye for composition and light. I'm an art historian and I worried if I had wedding photos that weren't good from an artistic compositional perspective I would hate them. Yes, I know, that makes me fussy. Anyway, Mike is an artist. Look at how he frames light and structure; he's extremely talented as a photographer, let alone wedding photographer. And as a wedding photographer, he and his crew impressed me a whole lot too! My husband and I were nuts, and had a wedding party of 16 bridesmaids and groomsmen-- that's a whole lot of people to wrangle, all of them kind of stressed, plus our big complicated families, and the whole Dragon Studio team was so patient, so professional, and still managed to get it all done! I could not be more impressed. And on the wedding day, brides, let me say this-- the photographer you choose will be with you ALL. DAY. Like, it's their job not miss a single moment, and that means you are going to hang out, and they're going to be a major part of your day. And on your wedding day, you will be radiant but also frazzled and maybe a little crazier than you've ever felt. I am fairly certain Mike Dragon has heard me say all kinds of nonsense (did I mention huge wedding party? like herding deaf kittens!)-- and he was so nice, always with respect and dignity. He and his whole team rolled with the craziness of our big fun day and I cannot imagine it without him. Our pictures are gorgeous! And we have every single group shot we asked for. I could not be more pleased with the entire experience and I recommend him wholeheartedly.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Thank you SO much Katy. You guys are awesome. Anyone who has Primus as their intro song is a favorite in my book. Your wedding had so much of you guys in it. It really was awesome.

Jillian · Married on 02/17/2018

Mike is the best decision you could make! He made our wedding so much fun. The entire wedding party fell in love with him, amd it's decided he's doing my brother's wedding too!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Dragon Studio's reply:

Well I think I may have fell in love with your wedding party too. I had a blast with all of you. Thank you for laughing at my inappropriate jokes! :) I'll look forward to seeing you guys at Ashley and Chris' wedding.

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

When our original wedding photographer fell out I was freaking out about finding another one. My wedding planner, Crystal Salazar from Cherry Blossom Planning Factory recommended Mike Dragon from Dragon Photo Studio and I'm forever grateful that she did! When I first talked to Mike on the phone I new our personalities were going to jive, and then when I checked out his photos, I knew even more. I asked for unique, fun, and candid photos of the wedding and he went above and beyond that. His work is nothing less than amazing and he captured our special day beautifully. I will recommend him to anyone I know looking for a photographer for any event and plan to ask him to photograph us in the future!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

I had such a great time with you guys! Your wedding was so much fun and was so pretty. Thank you so much for including me.

Kendra · Married on 07/07/2017

LaShawn and I can't say enough about Mike. We fell in love with him at our first meeting. We hired Mike for our engagement pictures and for our wedding. His photography is awesome and he has a personality to match. The week of the wedding I was stressing out over the smallest detail and Mike took the time to speak with me several times about my options. If you are looking for a photographer that feels more like your friend which makes taking pictures very easier, Mike is your guy. If you want a photographer at your wedding who is so cool people think he's just a guest, then Mike is your man. We haven't received our final wedding pictures back yet, but I have been able to see a couple and they are gourgous!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are THE best!!!! Thank you so much. I was so happy to be a part of your special day. It truly means a lot.

Mirgan · Married on 06/03/2017

Mike was the photographer at my friends wedding, and after meeting and talking with him I knew that one day when I got married I wanted him to be our photographer. After we got engaged Mike was the first vendor I booked! Mike Dragon has such amazing an amazing personality, his sense of humor helped get me through my wedding day nerves and he was always quick to respond to any questions via email or phone. Casey and I really felt like we not only had a great photographer but a new friend. His consultation was held at his home, and it was really cool to be welcomed into his home and get to see such a happy home.
    I can't stop looking at our pictures, his photographs are unbelievable. Mike really captured who we are as a couple and we will be forever thankful.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Dragon Studio's reply:

You guys are the sweetest! I'll always remember how awesome you were at Reagan's wedding to help me set up the details and how Casey almost set me on fire... I'm so happy that you guys love your photos.

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2017

Mike's attention to detail continues to impress my husband and I even after our wedding. The packaging of the USB which came in a small container wrapped with a leather band, the little details are a nice touch. Mike truly takes the time to consider the details and its obvious in his work. We ordered a book, the layout of the pictures looks great along with the quality of the book itself! Mike was consistently quick to respond to all correspondence throughout our wedding and after the wedding as we reviewed photos. When we need a photographer again we will be working with Mike!

Sent on 07/11/2017