1156 Roundtop Farm, Charlottesville, VA 22902 Map · Phone number

About 20 South Catering

We've always been a little put off by the typical caterer's sales pitch—it's full of adjectives and adverbs and flourishes that don't really speak to what will actually be done. We're a lot more interested in nouns and verbs, in the nuts-and-bolts of an event, in the real-time production of your wedding, rehearsal dinner, corporate or holiday party, etc. It's likely that you already assume your event will be "splendid, elegant, and memorable" and you don't need us to waste your time with a lot of near-meaningless superlatives.

We take great pride in being a "chef-driven" organization, but we figured out a long time ago that our food doesn't exist in a vacuum—you've got to build the right infrastructure to hang a menu on first. Of necessity, therefore, we have become quite knowledgeable in all the other aspects of large-event catering, particularly weddings. Thus, we'll run point on nearly every detail for your event—the rentals, the staffing, the bar, whatever is needed—and if we don't have an answer, we'll know who does.

crabpops
Assorted fruits, vegetables and cookies
Assorted fruits, vegetables and cookies
Buffet service
Buffet service
Long table setup  with candle centerpiece
Long table setup with candle centerpiece
crabpops

35 Reviews for 20 South Catering

Abby · Married on 11/08/2014

It is my pleasure to write this review for Jim Puopulo and his incredible team at 20 South Catering. Jim provided the catering for our November 8th wedding at King Family Vineyards, and we could not be more pleased. We received countless compliments on the food, signature cocktail, family style dinner service, and 20th South’s amazing staff.
    I should mention that though our wedding was in Charlottesville, we currently live in California. Even with a three hour time difference and miles between us, Jim always worked around our schedule and made time for us whenever we needed to call him or whenever we were in town for a wedding planning trip. He was extremely helpful as he guided us throughout our whole wedding planning process—always available to answer questions, always professional, and always fun. He was there for us without fail all the way through the final days leading up to the wedding. Our meetings with Jim (especially our tasting session) were some of the most fun times we had preparing for our wedding day. I can honestly say that 20 South’s food was among the best I’ve ever had, period. I should also mention that the service was flawless. We were able to spend time with our guests and enjoy our wedding carefree knowing that Jim and his team were there taking care of everything behind the scenes. 20 South without a doubt went above and beyond and completely exceeded our expectations.
    One of our favorite aspects of the wedding reception was the family style dinner service. We wanted our wedding to celebrate our families becoming one—and food is such a lovely part of celebration and family gatherings. The family style service embraced that sense of coming together, encouraging fun and conversation, and further enhancing the warm environment. We wanted the food to be a highlight of the evening, and Jim’s team totally succeeded in making that happen. Thank you so much to 20 South!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/17/2014

20 South...what can I say, but amazing! Many people get scared of the pricing of caterers, but although my husband and I didn't want to pay that much, the money thought went out the window when we met Jim and Summer. The patience, humor, precision, ideas, etc. I could go on. We chose 20 South not just because of the food, but because of their attention to detail, their love for our wedding day (although they knew us only 5 minutes), and their continuous flexibility. Jim and Summer spent so much time with us by phone, in person, email, etc. and never got irritated or annoyed. Also, having a caterer that helps with decoration ideas is amazing. They gave us so many ideas and just were so flexible with everything.

Jim also knows so many people in the Charlottesville area, our florist, DJ, and cake lady were all recommended by Jim. And they were amazing. At the wedding, of course there were tiny hiccups, but the staff was amazing. My guests were commenting all night on how great the staff was and how attentive they were. They were personable and my guests just loved them. 20 South takes great care of their staff, which in turn is why they are so great to the guests and work so hard.

By the way, if I don't mention this my husband will be angry...but the Appetizers!!!! OH MY!!! Not only were we in love with the appetizers, but our guests could not get enough. The bacon wrapped dates are the greatest thing I have ever had, the tomato bisque with the grilled cheese is just awesome...and although I cannot have shellfish, everyone loved the crap-pops! Just so fabulous.

20 South was amazing from top to bottom, from start to finish, and I honestly do not think this wedding would have been as amazing as it was without them! Just perfect. Every bride wants their day to be perfect and for their vendors to care just as much about the wedding as they do...and 20 South does that. They care about your day like it is their own! Thank you so much Jim and Summer!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Bethany · Married on 10/11/2014

Jim and Summer were so wonderful to work with! We changed our menu a few times and they accommodated us with ease. Not only were they great as people, but they are good at what they do - people are still talking about how delicious the food was two weeks after! They gave us wonderful recommendations to other vendors and we couldn't have been happier. In addition to Jim and Summer, the rest of the 20 South team was phenomenal. They were polite, fun, and did a great job with their service. They also were wonderful in making sure I ate something which I am so thankful for! I give 20 South my highest regard, respect, and recommendation. Our wedding would not have been as perfect as it was without them!

Sent on 10/26/2014

20 South Catering FAQ

• What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Caribbean, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor

• Keswick Vineyards
    Keswick Vineyards Winery Weddings

20 South Catering does an amazing job at every event they have done with us. Jim and Summer always make the day go smoothly and their staff is always kind and professional. We love having them cater here!

• Barb Wired
    Barb Wired Wedding Planners

Calling 20 South Catering is your best decision to ensure for a care-free and most delicious catering experience!

• Castle Hill Cider
    Castle Hill Cider Barn & Farm Weddings

20 South Catering has catered many events at Castle Hill. Each and every one has been over the top! Their food is delicious, always fresh, always presented beautifully and they have the most professional top notch staff! Great company!

• 1156 Roundtop Farm Charlottesville, 22902 See on map