Michael's wedding invitations
I have a 40% off coupon for Michael's and I'm feeling crafty this weekend!

I'm thinking of buying this set, http://images.michaels.com/online/images/product/large/wd0356.jpg which makes my invitations SUPER cheap!. I was thinking of taking them and jazzing them up and making them more personal. I'd love any ideas from the fellow brides!!

Two things I know I will be doing is swapping out the envelope and the ribbon and putting a picture of us on the right inside flap.

Thanks!

The NEW Mrs. Q
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Posted On: Mar 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

18 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 08/28/2010
Reviews: 9
Mar 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Those are beautiful!!

Married: 08/28/2010
Reviews: 9
Mar 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Those are beautiful.

Unique
Married: 02/11/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

The NEW Mrs. Q
Mar 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@lovelyunique did you enhance them any? were you happy with the quality of the paper? and where did you have your printing done?

Bride2B
Married: 08/21/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 11:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ the New Mrs.Q where did you get that coupon??? i want one too!

Married: 02/27/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My invites were also from Micheals. They were very nice & everybody loved them. Maybe add a color lining in the envelope?

Married: 10/17/2009
Reviews: 7
Mar 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I bought a couple of sets of the Brides brand invitations from Micheals and printed them myself on our computer. What I liked most was that since we were printing them ourselves we included each guests name on the response card (ex. john doe, yes__ no__, chicken__ fish__). Our guests were impressed that they response cards were personalized and we did not have any uninvited/unexpected guests. It did take a little bit more time (we invited about 90 people) but it was well worth not having to make the uncomfortable "you can't bring a guest" phone call.

The NEW Mrs. Q
Mar 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
you have to register on their site https://www.michaels.com/art/online/registrationForm?cm_ven=2008HomePageEmail&cm_ite=Sign Up

Married: 03/26/2011
Reviews: 3
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My gf had those invites in black and white, though. I LOVE them and don't want to steal her idea, but am trying to find something similar. You can't beat the price, and I love a good DIY project :)

The NEW Mrs. Q
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
they have a ton on the website and you can always add your own personal flair with a monogram or stamp and make them your own!

z&k
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We bought ours last year,in the same kind of kit,only the blue lacy looking ones.They are great & a super bargain!My only gripe is that we had to buy outer envelopes.Thank goodness we found the right size!If the newer kits don't already~ I think they should include an outer envelope,because on the folded envelope thingy it comes with,you can only write a name/address.
Sooo,on our bought envelopes we are writing/addressing(example)
Mr & Mrs. Bob Smith
123 State Street
Columbus,Ohio 45528.
Then on the Michaels outer folded invitation envelope we can write
Uncle Bob,Aunt Mary,David & Christy.

z&k
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Teresa-Here's a coupon,hope the link works!
http://www.mypdfcoupons.com/michaels-40-mommysavesbig.jpg
Just google Michaels coupon & the above site always has some & also retailmenot has some too!

orchid21
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We bought some of the BRIDES brand invitations at Michael's and they turned out great. HOWEVER, I first tried printing them on our laser printer and that turned out horribly! The ink was smeared and splotchy, probably because the card stock was not totally smooth (even when I changed the paper type etc). I went over to my mom's house and used her ink jet printer and everything turned out beautifully.

DreamComeTrue
Married: 06/25/2011
Mar 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
One thing I did with my save the dates that I thought added a really nice touch was to add a liner to the envelope! So when the person opens the envelope they see a really elegant design that matches the invite. I used scrap-booking paper and they turned out really nice. Of course they were fun and playful for our DW save the dates but I plan to do the same with the wedding invitations. (You can check them out on my IB)
I also added a palm tree to the front of my envelope with a rubber stamp. I think if you used a stamp similar to the design of your invitations and stamp the outer envelope that would be a nice embellishment as well.

Ashley
Reviews: 5
Mar 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My friend used the exact same invitations for her wedding, they came out nice.

Married: 11/06/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Go for it! I got those same ones in black and white! They came out great!

Married: 11/06/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 8:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh! And you are my wedding date twin!

The NEW Mrs. Q
Mar 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OMG! I've been looking for a wedding date twin.. congrats!

Married: 05/23/2010
Mar 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our invites are also the Bride brand from Michaels (we used the 40% coupon for them too!) We personalized the response cards with our guests names and they came out so nice! It does take a little while printing them yourself since usually you have to feed the paper in one by one, but they do come out looking so professional and they are so inexpensive that way!

zhang
Married: 08/12/2010
Aug 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct