Ceremony order...
So I just realized idk how the ceremony is supposed to go and our pastor will not be at the rehearsal! How will he nor I know when to do what at the ceremony? Do I send him the way we want our ceremony to go?

Married: 09/21/2012
Reviews: 2
Posted On: Sep 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 5
Sep 09, 2012 at 9:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
He most likely has a preset ceremony for you, but I would give him a call to see-especially if you would like something particular!
Sep 09, 2012 at 1:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ask your officiant.

Because so many of my weddings are destination, there is almost never a rehearsal, so I put together my ceremonies in such a way that I talk the couple all the way through: "Please join your right hands." "Repeat after me:" "Please place this ring on your bride's finger as you repeat after me."

Married: 10/20/2012
Reviews: 6
Sep 09, 2012 at 1:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You'll have to work with him/her before the ceremony. Everyone is different. We have one more meeting with ours until rehearsal.

Sep 09, 2012 at 1:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd talk to him. It's almost impossible to generalize about ceremony orders because eery religion has a different set of 'required elements" and if you're using and independent, all bets are off.

The main thing you want to get done at the rehearsal, (if you have one; 98% of my couples don't), is finalizing how the BP will process, where they will stand and how the rings/ presentation of the bride will happen.

I also give my couples directions in the script as Nancy does. It'll be fine; almost no one in the audience has any idea what's supposed to happen besides the vows, kiss, rings and pronouncement!

Married: 09/21/2012
Reviews: 2
Sep 09, 2012 at 2:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ok thanks. I'llmake sure we touch bases. Thank you

MyLove&HisMrs.
Wedding: [Private]
Sep 09, 2012 at 2:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our officiant had a set order which we were able to modify to fit our ceremony. When you speak with our officiant, if he has a set order, ask if it can be modified.

Mrs. C
Married: 09/28/2013
Reviews: 3
Sep 09, 2012 at 2:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I sooo need a schedule, and have to have everything planned...and in advance, so I'd be going crazy if I were you right now :)

Yes, I would defintely talk with him.

Mrs. C
Married: 09/28/2013
Reviews: 3
Sep 09, 2012 at 2:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I sooo need a schedule, and have to have everything planned...and in advance, so I'd be going crazy if I were you right now :)

Yes, I would defintely talk with him.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct