Yamaguchi's Flowers

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
They did an amazing job on the floral and centerpiece arrangements. They are a little old school with their correspondence, but totally worth the trouble! I did my own centerpieces and had them assemble them the day of, and they looked better than what I had originally planned. Super thrilled with them! They truly helped pull my vision together. The floral made my ceremony spot an absolute dream come true as well.
Wedding: 08/08/2014
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 6 Reviews
Yamaguchi's Flowers was wonderful to work with and their prices are good!!!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Nikki 8 Reviews
My Cousin and Sister used them for their weddings, so I had to follow traditions and I am so happy I did. The bouquets turned out just as we had asked. PERFECT. We did add flowers to our cake a couple weeks before our wedding and unfortunately the cake did not have any the day of. That would be our only complaint. Other than that we couldn't have asked for more beautiful flowers and better prices.
Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Susie is just the greatest! So fun to talk to...she really made the whole flower planning process enjoyable.

My husband and I changed our mind a TON of times about the flowers, and Susie was always ready to accommodate. Not to mention, we picked some of the most challenging flower colors around (not quite pink, not quite purple, but somewhere in between), and Susie handled it like the pro that she is.

The shop is just of the highway and very unassuming, but don't let it deter you. Since they don't have a fancy flower shop in the middle of a big city, they pass the savings right onto their customers. We got SO many more flower arrangements from Yamaguchi's Flowers for a fraction of the price we were quoted at other florists. The flowers are super fresh and beautiful...even the sample bouquet she gave me during our initial meeting (which she said was made from some leftover flowers from a wedding the week prior and therefore would not last as long as she'd like) looked fresh for about a week!

HIGHLY recommended!
Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Yamaguchi's provided beautiful and affordable flowers for our July 2013 wedding. Ron and Susie were so amazing and patient with us and provided the sunflower wedding of our dreams. They are very affordable and go above and beyond for their clients. We also attended another wedding that had booked them and their pink and purple rose flower arrangements were also gorgeous. Highly recommended.
Wedding: 07/21/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We chose Yamaguchi as our wedding day florist. There were some aspects of their service that were absolutely impeccable! The first meeting we had with Ron was amazing. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and made the whole process extremely easy. There are a ton of sample books to look at to get an idea of what you like, a lot of references explaining what flowers are in season in each color category, and he is extremely patient.

When I gave him a rough idea of what I wanted, he went in the back and made us a mock sample of what our centerpieces and bouquets would look like! It was especially helpful for my husband, who knows nothing about flowers, so he could actually SEE what we could expect. And then when our meeting was over, Ron let me keep the sample bouquet for free.

We got a lot of bang for our buck and all of our guests really enjoyed what the flowers looked like. The only reason for the missing star would be that whenever we called and didn't deal with Ron, we couldn't consistently depend on a note being left on file or a message being left for him to call us. Also, the day of the wedding, we were short one corsage so my mother didn't get one. Had I known before everything started I'm sure we could have called and they would have rectified the situation but the wedding party waited to let me know until after the ceremony.

All in all we had a fantastic experience with them.
Wedding: 07/21/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Don't be fooled by the lack of a website, or the humble space at Yamaguchi's flower shop on the main road in Santa Paula. There are no frills here. Ron Yamaguchi knows his flowers, and he is honest and hard-working. We shopped around for the best value and quality florist for our wedding in Santa Paula, and ultimately, Yamaguchi's offers the most bang for your buck. Ron is an artist, and can create any vision. He was thoughtful, offered great suggestions, and patiently worked with some of my own ideas. He gave us amazing samples to keep when we first met and then later during the final touches. Not only did Ron make all of our floral arrangements, he also inflated our oversized balloons and gave us a great deal on our succulent favors. You can't go wrong by booking Yamaguchi's if you are having a rustic, outdoor wedding and if you are a "bridechilla." But, if you are going for a high-end, formal florist who creates over-the-top, overpriced centerpieces this may not be the place for you.
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I first consulted with Ron at Yamaguchi's flowers, he not only understood my vision right away but was able to show me a potential sample right away. A few weeks before the wedding we even changed our arrangement counts and Ron was able to accommodate us no problem. All of our flower arrangements came out beautiful and everything was so reasonably priced. I would absolutely recommend Yamaguchi's to anyone looking for any special occasion/event flowers.
Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Yamaguci Flowers is a small flower shop in Santa Paula, but they have the best prices around and do excellent work!! The bouquets and center pieces were beautiful and they made the tables pop. Ron was a great person to work with and made the process easy. We received a sample center piece when we went to our final meeting with him and my wife also received a sample bouquet. Everything was amazing and very reasonably priced.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beautiful Flowers!!!! Thanks to our family and friends who highly recommended Yamaguchi's Flowers for our wedding. Ron is awesome; he’s super nice, and was very confident in his suggestions and creativity. Our initial budget was very small, but Ron worked with us to adjust our expectations. We never once felt pressured to select more than we wanted or that we were being up-sold. All the flowers were perfect, from the bouquet to the centerpieces to the manzaite trees with flower at the ceremony site :)

We’d recommend him without thinking twice. Thank you Ron!! :)
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Value with Excellence ! I recommend her for any event in the Ventura County/ SB County area
Wedding: 04/21/2013
4.3/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We knew what we wanted and Yamaguchi delivered. They made arrangements for the altar, candelabras, pews, tables, bouquets, boutonnieres & everything was fantastic. They did add lovely bows to the arrangements and we wish they had not. So maybe be sure to tell them "nothing else" if you don't like extra flourishes.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had heard several recommendations from other brides about how well Yamaguchi flowers worked with what you wanted and how great their cost was. In the end it turned out even better than I had imagined. My husband was worried about the boutonnière being too large, but he was very pleased with how they turned out. They even throw in a free toss bouquet so that the bride can keep her bouquet as well as the wedding attendant who catches the bouquet. It made for a beautiful ceremony and reception.
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were great! Could not ask for a better florist.
Wedding: 12/30/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Tuong 3 Reviews
We worked with Ron and he was exceptional! First and foremost, he is honest and will make whatever you want. His flower arrangements were so beautiful- something that I have never seen for a wedding and the flowers themselves were so beautiful. We changed our minds so many times, but he was always so kind and receptive. If you are looking for price, he is great- but what he excels at is the quality of the flowers and the creativity as well as the service. We also called the night before to add another arrangement (we realized at 6pm the night before that we forgot to include one arrangement) and instead of being lame about it- the phone call took 2 minutes and the next day the extra arrangement was there- beautiful. Everyone loved our flowers- the look and the smell. He is now our regular florist even if we need to drive a bit to get to him- what else would you want from a family owned business?
Wedding: 12/08/2012

Groomzilla 11 Reviews
Ron and Susie at Yamauchi Flowers/Nursery was one of the best picks we made. We popped in on a Sunday afternoon without an appointment and Ron was more than happy to sit and talk to us about what we wanted, etc. In no time, he created a prototype of our centerpieces and the Bridal bouquet and tweaked it as my wife requested. The final product was beautiful and we signed with him to do our wedding on the spot. They totally delivered and changed our order as our tastes changed throughout the months. We changed it at about 2 weeks prior and it was no problem...adding 2 large bouquets and adding glass crystals for us. Everything looks absolutely gorgeous.
Wedding: 11/11/2012