Unique Catering and party planners
Making your special day a Unique one
P.O. Box 1378

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I couldn't be more happy with Donna! She immediately made me feel so comfortable with her energetic, warm personality. My tasting at her house sealed the deal - she was helpful, informative, enthusiastic, and her food was delicious! I couldn't believe the quality of food we were getting for such a great price! She was so helpful in the planning months in adding bartenders and extra services as we realized we needed them, and would suggest other additions without being pushy. She was also honest about not going up in numbers - she was definitely looking out for our budget rather than trying to get us to order more than we would need.
Dallas got hit with ice and snow the day before our wedding, and Donna was the first vendor to call and see what the new plan was. As we tried to figure out how to move our outdoor wedding to a whole new venue, she was so positive and helpful and reassuring that she would be there no matter what! And sure enough, she was there and did an INCREDIBLE job! They decorated their own table, were extremely flexible and productive in making a whole new plan once they got to the venue for the first time, and our guests were thrilled with the abundance of delicious food! When we realized only about half of our guests would be able to make it because of the weather, she suggested not cutting up our second turkey, so now we have Christmas dinner if we'd like :)
I really value Donna - she was so comforting in such a stressful time and in the midst of me not having any idea what I was doing.
Overall, the food was delicious and WAY better than I thought we could ever get with our small budget, and she was as joyful and wonderful of a caterer as I could've ever hoped to have! I STRONGLY recommend using Donna for your events!
Unique Catering and party planners responded with the following comments:
Amanda was a joy to work with and I was more than happy to help where I could. I think it is our job as a caterer to help make the day of as stress free as possible. The people of the church were the wedding was moved to were wonderful and the day was beautiful. The ice and snow didn't hinder this bride and grooms day.
Wedding: 12/07/2013
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
When we had a tasting of the food before hand it was delicious. But at the reception, the food was bland, the chicken tasted canned and the staff turned guests back for requesting to have half servings of both entrees.
Unique Catering and party planners responded with the following comments:
When we prepare our food for a tasting they are prepared the same way as the wedding reception. When our cleints order 2 entrees at 1/2 each it is an either or until eveyone is feed. We had many people come back and say how good the food was. I know the bride was upset because she had a maitron of honor and groomsman back out the day before. We also, let her bring in a friend to do special appetizers, something most caterers won't let you do. I am sorry she was unhappy, but the guests seemed to like everything.
Wedding: 05/10/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Donna is the owner of this catering business and she was a pleasure to work with. I had simple h'orderves at my wedding and they were great! The price is really reasonable too. I highly recommend using Unique Catering.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Donna was wonderful! All the food was great and she gave me a ton of options. She was organized and provided everything we needed! I would recommend her services!
Wedding: 11/10/2012

Latrice 5 Reviews
Great food, great service about sums it up!!! Ms. Donna and her team are the nicest, most professional people you will ever meet. Our reception menu was not your typical menu. We wanted our menu to reflect our favorite dishes. For our tasting, she provided our whole entire meal. Everything was well seasoned and tender. Her prices are very reasonable but most of all you get good food. Her food is so great we are hosting a Valentine's dinner and asked if she could cater it.
She provided our clean-up staff and our bar tender as well. Staff and bar tender were very professional. They made sure to clear the plates on the tables promptly.
Look no further if you are in DFW area, she will not disappoint!!!!
Unique Catering and party planners responded with the following comments:
They were a pleasure to work with, and hte guests were a nice as could be. We are always pleased to hear we succeed.
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
(UPDATE)
Regarding the caterer's previous comment, I can't even explain the wave of excuses it took to get her to take full responsibility. My mother tried again and again to get a hold of her. My mom let me know of every time she tried to contact her. Every time it was the same thing. "I will call you back later today." Did we ever receive a call? No. My mom always had to reach out again and again before we could get a response because she was dealing with "other customers."
She did eventually refund half of the invoice, but that was after an initial offer of 200-300 dollars.
Sending someone that has screwed up twice to a "smaller and easier wedding" is like saying ours was not as important. We did use the certificates for the pies by my persuading my mother. She did not want to use them. I said that this caterer caused us enough heartache that we needed to use whatever offers she gave us. I won't even comment on the quality of the pies.
Again, I will say that the quality of a business truly comes out when there has been wrongdoing. I think Donna was a nice woman, but I would not choose to do business with her.
Unique Catering and party planners responded with the following comments:
We did have 2 weddings that day and I sent my manager to this smaller and easier wedding. She was late and didn't get things done the way we usually take care of a reception. The only reason we didn't touch base as quickly as we should have after this event was trying get with the mother of the bride, for some reason she needed this daughter with her for the meeting. When we did, I took full responsibility and gave them a $1,000. refund which was half of the Invoice. I also gave the mother of the bride a $100.09 Gift Certificate in which she used this past Valentines for 5 pies.
We have been in business for 12 years, have won the Brides Choice Award for 4 years in a row and the best of the best for The Knot in 2010. If we were not good at what we did we would never be in business this long and please check out the other reviews. We always do our very best and I have since hired a new manager.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Donna was easy to talk to and her staff really cleaned as they served. We weren't wild about the food but she really does do a lot for your money.
Unique Catering and party planners responded with the following comments:
We have never had anyone disapointed in the food. I would love to know how we can do better. Please let us know.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We got a great deal on our catering! Donna let us taste foods and decide what we wanted and was very flexible and let us fit a menu to our 300 guest wedding! It was a great value because she let us tell her the final count two weeks and then a week before and she let us change it as RSVPs were still coming in... She has delicious food and presents it very well! We had no leftovers because our guests loved the food! She made sure there was a plate for us and a take home plate for us to have in our hotel room that night! She was very considerate of us and the plate of food in the hotel was so perfect! It was still so delicious and it was nice because we didn't have to order any food on our own that night! I could not have chosen a better caterer! Donna was so nice and her employees went above and beyond at the wedding making sure everyone had drinks and food...
Wedding: 07/27/2012

Allison W. 5 Reviews
Donna was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional and helpful throughout the process. The food was delicious too! Several people at our reception were asking for her information because they were so impressed with her services. I would definitely recommend Unique Catering to anyone who needs a caterer.
Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Uniquie Catering provided excellent food, excellent, personal service and great value! We loved this caterer and will recommend them to anyone for weddings as well as other special events.
Wedding: 03/05/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Donna is very responsive and professional which is very important to me. She was very helpful and made my search for a caterer very easy. I am so glad we went with Unique Catering. We did not have as many guests as we thought so I was glad to hear that people were going up for their 4th plate of food! I got lots of compliments on the food and Donna and her staff were great!
Wedding: 01/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The most talked about thing at our wedding was the food. Not only was the food great the way Unique catering laid everything out complimented the decor of the wedding. It is hard to find a catering company who not only has good food but makes it look pretty. The price for the service was very reasonable and I look forward to using them again.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Donna and her staff were excellent. The food was great and the decorated buffet table looked beautiful. During the planning process, Donna went out of her way to be accommodating to our schedules. And when there was a change in our set up time due to the weather, Donna came early to set up.
Wedding: 05/21/2011
Donna,

I thank you very sincerely for the wonderful food you provided at our wedding and for the incredible service bestowed upon us since the beginning of our relationship to you. We were 100% satisfied with everything. Thank you also for the gift you sent us in the car on our way to the hotel! We ate the goodies you packed for us once we arrived since we hardly ate at the reception. Thank you so much again, we wish the best to you and your family always.

Love,

Scarlett and Sean Compton
Married May 20, 2011
at the Belltower Chapel and Gardens
Wedding: 05/20/2011

jalacy79 10 Reviews
The food at our wedding was fabulous! The guests really enjoyed the flavorful chicken. The salad and rice pilaf were also complimentary. I failed to remember to order hor dourves to serve while the wedding party took pictures. Donna had a great idea to serve the bacon wrapped shrimp during this time! Everyone loved it!
Thanks Donna, for helping us host a great wedding!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Donna Sellers, is the best. She will do almost anything to take the pressure off of you. Her prices are affordable and she gives good service. The food was great! Our guest enjoyed it. I still have guest that talks about the food. I would use her again anyday. Thannnnks Donna
Wedding: 07/11/2010
 817-975-0217
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire