Tony King

Tony King

Cincinnati, OH
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
3.9
Flexibility

Tony is the best. Not only does he do careful and beautiful work, but he is a kind and funny person who puts a stressed-out bride (and mother of the bride, as needed) at ease. There is no reason to go anywhere else.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Tony King is amazing! If you are lucky enough to get in before he is booked do it!! My dress looked absolutely amazing- he attached a custom trim for me that I found in NYC and it looked like it was part of the dress all along- super original! He does alterations on all types of couture gowns but always made me feel wonderful about my Maggie Sottero! Seriously I can't say enough great things- thank you Tony!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Timothy did an excellent job. Very artistic eye and very professional. I trusted him with my dress and would definitely use him in the future for bridesmaid dresses etc.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I loved Tony! He did a wonderful job and I enjoyed going to my fittings. I personally asked about his other dresses. He came highly recommened to me and in turn I highly recommend him to you.

0.8

DO NOT USE him!!! All he will do while fitting you, is brag about the other, more expensive gowns he is working on! I lost about 5 pounds from when I originally met and got measured with him, and he REFUSED to take my dress in anymore! He told me I needed to eat more!! I ended up having to find another seamstress (which THANK GOD I did) the week of my wedding to have it fixed! WHAT a waste of money he is!!

0.2

Well after reading all of your comments about Tony, I was excited to meet with him. I don't know anything about altering a wedding gown, so this is a new and intimidating time for me! I also was recommeded to Tony via a wedding shop. I called and made an appointment with him to do a quote on what he would need to do to my gown and what it would cost.

The appointment was decided but then he started telling me how I would need to bring half the deposit and all this stuff to pay him. I asked again if this could be a quote just to see what he would charge me. Well then he said "I do that over the phone. What do you need done to the gown?" Last time I checked, I wasn't a seamtress and I had no idea what to tell him about what needed done. Yes, I had a general idea, but how in the world was I to know if there was something else that needed to be done that he couldn't see since he wasn't looking at my gown on me?!

So I was disappointed in that and did not keep the appointment. I have been able to meet with other seamstresses for FREE in order for them to see the dress on me and give me a ballpark quote and not do it over the phone.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Tony is FABULOUS. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else in Cincinnati with my Pnina. His prices were reasonable, his work was fantastic,and his personality was great. :)

My only problem (and this is probably my fault for waiting to so long to contact him) was that I was playing phone tag with him the week before my wedding - which was a bit nervewracking.

Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago
4.2

We found fabulous dresses for all the bridesmaids and our flower girl at Tony King.They are wonderful with service and I was very satisfied with the quality of the dresses.Good prices as well.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I found Tony on a recommendation from a dress shop in Cincinnati. I purchased a high end gown (an all lace sheath Monique Lhuillier with key hole back) that I knew would be difficult to alter and was nervous about finding someone to do alterations in Ohio. Tony put me at ease right away. He was very confident and knew exactly what needed to be done to the dress to make it fit right (things I didn't even notice, apparently one of my shoulders is higher than the other, etc). I went in for 3 fittings for my dress, and it was always so nice/fun to go. Tony is hilarious and very peasant to work with.

My mom also took her outfit to him for alterations, and she was not very confident about it before going. Tony made her feel great about it and told her what a good choice it was. (I believe he said it was what Jackie O would have worn). He made it fit her very well and I would have thought it would have been on the difficult side (beaded top and charmeuse skirt).

Our flower girl lives in Wisconsin but her dress needed major alterations. Tony told her mom how to pin it on her and was able to make it fit without ever having her come into his shop.

All these alterations were EXTREMELY reasonably priced. I have heard alterations can cost $400 or $500 of dollars easily, especially at bridal dress shops. The alterations Tony did for my dress were only $110, my mom's outfit was maybe $50 and the flower girls dress was only $25 or so. I thought it was a steal for such great service.

Bottom line, Tony is great at what he does, will put you at ease, is reasonably priced, and you will love being 'one of his girls.'

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I called Tony King in a PANIC! Pat's Alterations refused to correct my dress one week before I was due to move out of state, wedding soon to follow.
Yes, getting to his loft was tricky. My mother and I climbed half way up a rickety staircase after seeing how shabby the elevator was! The only thing that kept me climbing those deathly stairs was my too-large wedding gown that I clutched closely to me!
Upon arrival, Tony's loft was great! He was patient, experienced! I believe he said he got his start in the Sear's Tower 25-ish years ago! He had my gown ready for me in time! I thought his pricing to be VERY reasonable!

WARNING BRIDES: Don't waste your money or time at Pat's Alterations!

3.9

Tony did alterations for my dress, my 4 sisters' bridesmaids dresses and my mom's dress, and we were really happy with his work. It was on the pricey side, but we felt like it was worth it for the individual attention that he paid us, as well as the fact that he accommodated us into his schedule for a variety of last-minute appointments. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in his work and that he really wants each person to look their very best. He also has a lot of other creative ideas for weddings!

More recently, he altered my dress for my sister's wedding, which was a more difficult task, since I'm pregnant. He pinned the dress and everything but waited until the week of the wedding to actually make any changes, which scared me at first. It turned out for the best though - in the 2 weeks since I'd seen him, my belly had grown so much that he had to drop 4 inches at the hem - good thing he hadn't sewn it yet. He said he'd had to re-make too many dresses for pregnant bridesmaids. It's his experiences like this that give me great confidence in Tony.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Tony made my wedding dress after a sketch. It came out great and at a good price (he even considered that I was on a student budget at that time - tx). He was flexible adjusting along the way to my suggestions. I highly recommend him.