The Pros - Disc Jockeys

The Pros - Disc Jockeys

Favorite
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
3.2

The pros was a great choice for the price. Our first choice DJ had a death in the family and had to cancel last minute. They immediately found us a replacement which was very nice and stress free. My complaint is that the new DJ did not really seem to care about us, mispronouncing my maiden name and not warning us when a special song we requested was playing (we were out on the patio area talking to guests). Be careful of the add-ons too, adding time and extra speakers brought our cost up way more than I thought compared to the base price of the DJ. People told me they liked him tho, so I would say overall the pros DJ was average. We did not get our videographer or photographers from them so maybe those services are better?

1.6

My husband and I picked Jordan K. to be our DJ after attending a Pros event. Once booked, we were quickly disappointed by Jordan K.'s lack of responsiveness and failure to follow our wedding song list. We emailed Jordan a few times over the course of our engagement with song ideas and questions. Despite having told us to email him anytime, it often took multiple calls, emails, and wait time (typically at least a month in passing) before we would hear a response from Jordan. When he would respond, Jordan would come across as busy or uninterested in our questions- simply stating that he has done this job so much and that we should stop worrying.

It turned out that we had reason to worry. Despite sending him a detailed list of what songs to play when (ie. bride entrance, cake cutting, etc.), Jordan failed to follow our itinerary. Thank goodness for our helpful venue staff because our event manager had to constantly cue him to change the song or play our requests. For example, he forgot to switch the song between the bridal party entrance and the bride entrance during the ceremony. Our event manager literally ran over to cue him while I was waiting in the back. A similar occurrence happened at the start of the reception. We had requested that Jordan play "Best Day of My Life" during the bridal party and bride/groom entrance. However, he opted to play a techno/rap medley instead (very not us!) as he introduced the party. Once again, our event manager had to run over to him to tell him to switch the song. He fixed the song for a few bridesmaids/groomsmen-- but then switched it BACK to his medley again for the bride/groom entrance. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We even went up to him after that to ask him to stick to our song list. He apologized and followed our list better after that- but it still put a damper on our special entrances to the ceremony and reception.

Services Used: DJ

We selected Charles Lewis as our DJ for our wedding from The Pros and he was great!! Charles played a good mixture of music during our wedding and played requested songs from our guest. I think the best trait for a DJ is not noticing him because things are going smoothly and Charles was perfect. I would highly recommend selecting him as your wedding DJ.

4.7

Aaron D., from RI with The Pros, was absolutely perfect. He seamlessly transitioned from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to reception, and knew exactly what to play at each. I was planning everything myself and didn't realize how many moments during a wedding require pre-planned musical accompaniments. Aaron walked me through all of the choices I needed to make, and offered perfect suggestions and guidance for all of things I had never even thought about! In our conversations prior to the wedding Aaron was attentive and very easy to talk to, and, by the end of our call, completely understood what my husband and I wanted our reception to be like. He played every song we had asked for, including a few for the ceremony that were pretty obscure, and knew exactly which songs to choose to keep people on the dance floor having a blast. Every guest we have talked to since the wedding has told us how much fun they had, and how awesome our DJ was! Aaron made our whole night feel super special, and everyone (especially US!) had the best time! I will definitely be recommending Aaron, and The Pros, to all of my friends.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography
1.4

This service is online driven, you answers questions on the type of event and or DJ you are looking for and they match you to one of their DJ's. Well... the DJ my daughter picked based on his prior reviews and experience was Kerriem. He was a REALLY nice guy, however a TERRIBLE DJ! He cut the father daughter dance in half. Never announced the toast, we never did the garter or flower toss, he didn't have the questions to the "shoe game", he didn't know the names of our attendants to announce them and so on and so on. He was suppose to have 29 years of experience. Well he made what was suppose to be the best day of my daughters life, the WORST! She still talks about how much she wishes she didn't go with him or ThePros. And when she called the corp. office to discuss. The owner, told her he would give my daughter $500 refund if she didn't write a bad review. Well as the mother of the Bride. I feel everyone should be aware of the type of service this company provides. Tread lightly if you choose this facility for your wedding.

1+ year ago

We are grateful that we were able to find an amazing DJ - Romeo S.- to DJ at our recent late August wedding.

We initially attempted to contract with another DJ through another vendor, but he was not reliable and did not respond to calls about our event.

Luckily, I found out about The Pros and selected Romeo S. who was really responsive and accommodating to our needs. He came with a wealth of experience and seamlessly merged two genres of music to represent the blending of two cultures. We did a three room set-up (ceremony room, cocktail reception, and dinner reception). The music was wonderful, and The Pros offered competitive prices.

Romeo S. was accessible, responsive and very flexible to changes. He kept the party going and infused the appropriate type and level of humor. He is a very talented DJ, well-organized, professional and warm. We highly recommend his services to other couples.

Mr. & Mrs. A.G., 24 August 2014

Services Used: DJ

Use DJ Bill Mazzara for our daughters wedding and he did a great job. He kept our guests dancing all night with great music choices. He took the time to understand our choices for music and the type of reception we wanted to host. His experience and professionalism is top notch. I would highly recommend using Bill for your wedding.

1+ year ago
0.3

I hired the Pros DJ Service for my wedding we had a terrible experience with them. I had read several bad reviews on here before we hired them but I figured I would give them a shot. Needless to say I wish I didn't our DJ showed up 20 minutes late to our reception. We had to play our first dance song over the in-house sound system at the venue. He played NONE of our requested songs we submitted via the pros online music selection system. I had guests tell me how horrible our DJ was. Thank you Pros for wrecking my wedding something I can never redo. Take my advice anyone that is thinking about hiring The Pros DON'T THEY WILL WRECK YOUR WEDDING.

Services Used: DJ

Our wedding DJ was Damon. He was great. Our venue sent him to the wrong room, but he was able to quickly get to the right one and he made the whole night fun and unforgettable.

2.8

The dJ we got did not play our first dance song everal times and even right before we went into the ballroom. He also did not play songs as what was requested. I asked specifically for him to not play oldies but he was still playing them throughout the night.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.6

Hi everyone! I just had a pretty solid DJ experience for my wedding. He was on time, punctual, etc. My main qualms? He didn't read all of the bridal party intros as requested, didn't play a few of the songs we asked to be incorporated in the wedding (though he played the correct songs for say, the father daughter dance). As far as my experience with the The Pros in general, they hassle you and don't have great communication with you once you pay for the service (they are very sales driven). BUT, I did still find that they were a great bang for the buck (we were definitely on a budget) and I would recommend them, at least in the NY area. Good luck friends!

Services Used: DJ

This review is for DJ Tommy Mac in particular. A few days before the wedding, I gave Tommy Mac a list of songs and several MP3s that I wanted played, some with specific instructions to go along with them. He played my ceremony music flawlessly, and the first dance songs as well, following instructions to fade out at certain points when I asked him to. He made sure to play all of the other songs I really wanted in there, and people had a lot of fun with the centerpiece game he made up! Thanks again!

Services Used: DJ

Everyone at The Pros was great and Dj Rob was the best! He played all the songs I requested, while playing other great songs that kept everyone on the dance floor which was exactly what I wanted. He was on time, professional and transitioned the songs very well. I can't say anything bad about The Pros or Dj Rob!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago
2.6

The Pro's contacted me a few days before to tell me that the DJ I had booked over a year prior would not be able to attend my wedding. The replacement DJ did not play the selections I had asked for and gone over with him and kept taking requests from the kids at the wedding. He played songs more than once and everyone left early because he failed to play any slow songs or get people up and dancing.

Services Used: DJ

I worked with Chris and I was really pleased by his work. I only talked to him on the phone twice, but with those two conversations and the online form I filled out, he was able to get exactly what I wanted. The party was awesome and people were dancing all night. He did such a good job, even some of the servers were dancing.

My family is Puerto Rican, and my husband's family is not. I wanted a mix of Latin music, but not too much and Chris found the perfect balance. We had plenty of Spanish music blended into the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, but not so much that it dominated the party. He really understood what I wanted and I had a blast. It was truly perfect.

My complaint is with the Pros system though, not with Chris. I didn't like that I had to work with a representative for the majority of the time of my contract. She would respond quickly to my emails, but didn't always answer all of the questions that I asked. I felt like Chris, and all my other vendors, understood that being a bride can make a person nervous and she wasn't very compassionate or responsive to questions I asked.

However, I like the online forms you can fill out with music selections and that helped give me ideas of what songs I wanted to use. Also, the Pros are flexible because I gave Chris my final information only a week before the wedding.

Services Used: DJ

We used a DJ from the Pros for our cocktail hour and reception. The music during our reception was great and was exactly what we had requested in the online questionnaire we completed. The majority of our wedding guests were dancing, and we had a very lively reception! The Pros were easy to work with. Their packages are very reasonable.