The Neighborhood Club of Quincy

(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

we are having a wedding here in 2015 and we dont have one complaint about the service of this facility.everyone we have been in contact with have been absolutely wonderful. the facility itself is absolutely beautiful.i wouldnt have my wedding anywhere else.im so excited i can hardly wait!

• Wedding: 07/25/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

amazing place. great food. great lighting. would def recommend.

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Neighborhood Club of Quincy was a perfect venue for our wedding reception. Our many out of town guests really enjoyed the historic New England atmosphere! Wendy was an amazing coordinator and helped us plan the evening exactly as we wanted. The food and staff at the NC are phenomenal and you really can't beat having free range of the building for your event - ballroom, bar, foyer, etc. This allows for guests to get away from the music in the ballroom and relax in the bar a bit, rather than being confined to one space all night. For our late fall wedding, the venue was just perfect! I recommend you pick the Neighborhood Club and support this venue that has been planning events for over 100 years! :)

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was perfect: all the food as well as the hall itself. Wendy was always available and made all our planning so much easier. I highly recommend the NC of Quincy!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Neighborhood Club of Quincy was the absolute perfect reception venue! The ladies (Wendy and Linda) were a joy to work with throughout the entire process. Our reception went off flawlessly and we have the phenomenal staff of The Neighborhood Club to thank for that. All our guests commented on how great the food and service was and we too were impressed.

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an incredible experience we had here for our wedding! We really wanted a relaxed, intimate, elegant environment to celebrate our wedding - and we got it here! The staff was so very accommodating and kind - everything we could have ever asked for! And, for the price that did not break the bank, we got the warmest most wonderful wedding we could have ever dreamed!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were really happy with the Neighborhood Club! The food was absolutely delicious, everyone raved about how good it was. They were very good at communicating with us, but not bothering us throughout the night. Throughout the planning process Linda allowed us multiple visits, and accommodated any special requests we had. They worked with us to incorporate our special flare, the day was just perfect.

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at the Neighborhood Club of Quincy was truly amazing. They keep your wedding planning on a fun and manageable timeline which takes any and all stress out of the planning process. Our wedding day went as smooth as you could imagine. The staff listened to our ideas, followed through on our requests and made our special day one to remember. Our guests enjoyed the great atmosphere and raved about the food. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and we can't say Thank You enough. Tom & Kendall.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We celebrated our wonderful wedding at the Neighborhood Club of Quincy on August 10, 1963 and were delighted to return on August 10, 2013 to celebrate our 50th Golden Anniversary. It was another magical night. Linda Crockett helped guide up through all the details. The club was very accommodating to all our requests. Many compliments were received from our guests on the lovely décor, the delicious and generous servings of food and the warm hospitality shown to them by all the members of the staff. It was a night to be remembered and cherished by our families.

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wendy, Linda, and the whole staff at the Neighborhood Club were simply wonderful. My fiancé and I had very little exposure to weddings and felt completely lost with the whole planning process. Wendy was there every step of the way, whether it was to respond to our silly questions, or get more information for us, she was on top of everything. Wendy always responded to our inquiries within 24 hours. The staff there is so friendly, and being there gives off an extremely pleasant vibe.
The venue is so beautiful itself that you don't need to worry much about the décor because the natural beauty of the venue speaks for itself. My guests loved having the cocktail hour in the bar/living room area separate from the ball room. The venue is big enough that people feel comfortable there but still gives off an intimate feel. I had about 100 guests at the wedding and there was more than enough space, especially having the different rooms for people to walk around and mingle.
Perhaps the most feedback I received was how delicious the food was. The food is cooked right in their own kitchen and all the food is wonderful and fresh. We had the salmon and the prime rib which were both amazing.

We had a cake that was delivered earlier in the day which did not look complete, almost as if they had forgot to put piping along the layers of tiers. Wendy called the bakery and got someone to come over to the venue and touch up the cake before guests and the bridal party arrived. Wendy had explained this to me once I arrived to the venue. I can't tell you how touched I was that she went that extra step to have the cake fixed. She is also going to call the bakery again this week to tell them how unacceptable the cake was. This is just one example of many-as to how reliable, supportive, and professional the staff is. I can't explain enough how wonderful of a venue + the staff are at the Neighborhood Club. I will absolutely use this venue in the future.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was June 16th 2013 and after an extensive search for venues my hubby and I decided Neighborhood Club of Quincy was the only place we could have this weeding the way we wanted. We met Wendy and she immediately made us feel welcomed and she was extremely accommodating. We toured the venue and loved the main ballroom. The only problem, we were having a wedding of 50-60 people and there was a minimum for the ballroom. Well, Wendy saw how much we loved the ballroom and made an exception.That is just one of the many examples of how NCQ went above and beyond with our special day. Wendy always made me feel like I was important and always made time to meet with me or answer my emails. My ceremony was outside and the landscaping was beautifully done. I hardly needed flowers for the trellis. I was in awe when I drove up and saw the ceremony site. Let's talk about the food, it was amazing!! The menu offers a variety and the food is deliciously flavorful. All my guest gushed about the food and how pleasant and accommodating the staff was. On my day Wendy made sure we were on schedule and even when we were running late she made sure we got back on track. She even made sure we sat and ate. I really appreciated that! I want to thank Wendy, Marty (GM), Joel (Chef) and the whole NCQ staff for making sure my day was special. I can't wait to have more events there.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about The Neighborhood Club. Given how much time goes into the planning of a wedding, my husband and I wanted to try to enjoy as much of the process as possible. When we met with the coordinators at NCQ, we were confident they would enable us to have a stress-free experience. We promptly booked about a year in advance and throughout that time the staff were phenomenal, super flexible, and worked with us to coordinate everything. It was honestly so stress-free that at times I felt like I was doing it wrong.

All the coordinators were so very helpful. We worked primarily with Linda and she was absolutely fantastic. She answered every question I had and always made us feel like we were her only priority, despite I'm sure simultaneously coordinating other weddings and events.

We held our ceremony outside, followed by the cocktail hour, and had the reception in the ballroom. We had about 130 guests and there was plenty of room for dancing (which was a priority for us). We had the stations/buffet style for dinner but they also do a plated dinner. Everything was so seamless and the staff were so friendly and attentive to us and our guests.

Also, there are some very pretty areas for photos so we took a number of pictures on site, but also went 2 minutes down the road to the John Quincy Adams Estate just for different scenery. I highly recommend checking that out.

We were so thrilled with our day and our experience with NCQ. We would not have done a single thing differently.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married a few weeks ago at the Neighborhood Club in Quincy, and I cannot say enough good things about it! It was the 4th or 5th spot that my husband (then fiance) and I looked at, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to get married there. If I'd had any doubts, the event coordinator Linda would have immediately erased them - she was so helpful! She was respectful of our budget and helped us figure out how to put on an amazing night for the best possible price, and she was there to help with planning and organization every step of the way. She was also there for the wedding itself, keeping everything running smoothly. The night passed in such a haze for me, I honestly don't know what I would have done if Linda weren't there to keep the night running on track.

The venue was gorgeous (including the outdoor ceremony space), the food was delicious, the staff was professional, helpful and courteous, and Linda was a godsend. I honestly don't think my wedding could have been as wonderful anywhere else!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Linda and Wendy at the Neighborhood Club were fantastic. They were responsive to every call and email we sent, worked with us to make the ceremony space what we wanted, coordinated with all our vendors, and made everyone feel listened to, taken care of, and ready for a good time. The Neighborhood Club was large enough to fit our wedding of 150 people but still felt intimate with its living room setting for the ceremony and the beautiful ballroom for the reception. Our older guests and those that aren't big dancers really appreciated having the living room area to sit in during the reception, as it allowed people to relax and talk if they didn't want to dance. The stage in the ballroom also made for a great place for the DJ to set up. We also were able to drop off all our decorations and favors, etc. a couple days before the wedding and Linda and Wendy took over for us and made sure everything was set up exactly as we wanted.

Linda, especially, was just lovely and delightful to work with and continuously checked in with us throughout the night to make sure everything was going well and to see if we needed anything. The staff was pleasant, the food was great, and they truly let us make the wedding our own. They were not so strict that we couldn't personalize aspects of the venue to make them fit our personalities and tastes. They are also reasonably priced compared to many other venues we looked at, and they were even willing to work with us on cost because we were having a winter wedding.

I would recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 02/23/2013
Katie
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams when we got married at The Neighborhood Club on November 16, 2012. We had both our ceremony and reception there which made the day so seamless and relatively relaxing.
Our ceremony took place in front of the roaring fireplace, and though space was tight for our 150 guests it had a cozy, intimate feel. The cocktail hour allowed a smooth transition from ceremony to reception as the bar was opened up before our guests were able to find their seats in the gorgeous (and spacious) ballroom.
We booked The Neighborhood Club about 10 months before our wedding day and throughout the entire time Wendy was amazing! Marty and Linda were always there when we had a question or needed something attended to.
We put a lot of work into making that day as personal as possible, everything was handcrafted by my husband and I. Wendy was very flexible and respectful of that! After explaining what everything was for to Linda & Wendy the night of our rehearsal, we left it in their hands to set it all up. When we arrived back the next day we were blown away with how well they transformed the rooms to capture our vision.
Thank you Neighborhood Club for making our wedding day truly a beautiful and amazing day!

• Wedding: 11/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't have been happier with our experience at The Neighborhood Club of Quincy for our wedding reception! Both Wendy & Linda were very attentive and helpful right from the beginning of our planning. The facility was absolutely beautiful & the food was excellent! We got so many compliments on how lovely and wonderful our wedding was & how everyone had such a great time. I am so happy we had our wedding here :-)

• Wedding: 10/26/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
617-773-9300
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards