The Green Flamingo

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

rusticbride 18 Reviews
The owner of The Green Flamingo, Alexis Bishop, is absolutely fantastic! She is so detail oriented and SO talented! Our wedding flowers were just BEAUTIFUL! She is so attentive to details, and was there for me every time I changed my mind, and then changed it back again! :) She can do your wedding flowers beautifully on any budget that you specify which is so helpful, and she's very creative with her designs. Seeing my ideas come together through her work was the coolest part about having her do our wedding flowers. You won't be sorry if you choose The Green Flamingo! They are absolutely fantastic!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alexis from the Green Flamingo is the most talented Florist I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! The flowers at my wedding were so beautiful and the colors so vibrant, she knew exactly the look I was going for. I still look at my pictures and think how beautiful that day was!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
Services Used: Flowers

Anonymous 5 Reviews
We worked with Alexis at the Green Flamingo for our bridal bouquets, bridesmaids bouquets, and the flowers for our parents. We had a delightful time working with her, and her prices were very affordable. She gave us great samples of what she was going to do, and was very accommodating when, one month before the wedding, I freaked and changed ALL the colors for the flowers. The delivery was on time, and we loved all the flowers!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alexis is wonderful! I was planning my wedding out of state - and so on a quick weekend trip to Richmond, I planned four florist appointments! Yes - FOUR. I wanted my flowers to be beautiful, but I didn't have a lot to spend on them, so I needed to find someone who understood my vision.

Alexis is the first person I met with - and honestly, I wish I'd canceled all the other appointments. She just got it. I stuttered through the color story, pointed at pictures in magazines, asked for the most expensive flowers that weren't in season - all the things that people who don't know much about flowers do. Instead of telling me that what I wanted wasn't possible, she listened, she understood, and she gave me economical and beautiful alternatives that completely matched my vision. A couple weeks later, after she went over everything, she sent me a proposal - including photo inspirations - and the price knocked my socks off. It was FAR less than I'd imagined and the choice was easy! The other florists either told me I couldn't have what I wanted, suggested carnations would be a good alternative, or told me no one would understand my vision. What I didn't understand was how any of them got any business when they had someone like Alexis to compete with!

The flowers turned out beautifully - just like I wanted. I never even saw Alexis after our first meeting - but I'm so happy that we chose her and The Green Flamingo for our wedding flowers.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I'm not gonna lie - when I started planning our wedding I was not excited by flowers. My mom ultimately convinced me that we really should have a professional florist and I am so glad we did! Alexis at the Green Flamingo was amazing to work with. I went in with a general feel that I wanted to achieve for the whole event and she took that and ran with it. The flowers ended up being one of my favorite aspects of the day and it's all thanks to her. Her proposals were incredibly detailed and captured everything we talked about so I was completely confident that she understood what we wanted and she still managed to exceed all of my expectations for the actual day.
Wedding: 09/01/2012
Services Used: Flowers
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Alexis from The Green Flamingo was wonderful to work with for my June 30th wedding. Her communication was excellent, which was important because I planned my wedding from Chicago. She uses local and organically grown flowers, which was very important to me, even though that meant not having flowers in the exact shade I imagined. Most importantly, Alexis stayed within my budget and offered me an excellent price for beautiful flowers. Definitely recommended!
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alexis was such a pleasure to work with. Not only did she meet with me several times, she provided me several pictures of what she planned on making so i wasn't taken by surprise when i got my bouquet. I knew what to expect, and she had such fresh ideas that made me drawn to her. What i also loved is all the other florists i met with told me what they wanted to do and pushed their ideas on me since they had more experience than me. Alexis was open to everything i wanted to do and we came to a combination of both of our ideas, as opposed to doing just what she recommends. Great florist and such modern ideas.
Wedding: 05/20/2012
 804-426-5632
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire