Foxtail Cottage Floral

Charlottesville, Virginia View map Visit website

$5,000 Typical Price

Foxtail Cottage Floral is a floral design studio based in Charlottesville, Virginia. Founder Karen Thorsey has over 20 years of experience as a visual designer, and her wedding floral design career spans 12 years. If you’re looking for a floral designer with an eye for texture, color, and unique arrangements, look no further than Foxtail Cottage Floral.

Foxtail Cottage Floral provides consultations, delivery, set up, and clean up throughout central Virginia, Albermarle, and Monticello. Karen and her team specialize in romantic floral styles, and they want to hear all of the details about your wedding and your preferences in order to create the perfect floral designs for the occasion. The team will also return to the venue after your event, so your family and friends never have to worry about returning any items to the florist. Foxtail Cottage Floral offers the following types of arrangements:

• Aisle decor
  • Flower petals
  • Non-floral designs
  • Single flowers
  • Table arrangements

What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?

$180

What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?

$85

What is the average price for a boutonniere?

$18

What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$75

What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$160

Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services?

$5,000

Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Event Design
Set Up
Venue Visit

How would you describe your floral designs?

Romantic

Which of the following services do you provide?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Set Up

What types of arrangements do you provide?

Aisle Decor
Single Flowers

• Kelsey
    Kelsey M. Married on 06/10/2022

Beautiful flowers!

Gorgeous gorgeous flowers!! When we met with foxtail we knew we were in the best hands. They asked what our favorite flowers were.. "Umm pretty ones?" As you can tell we don't know anything about flowers.. They took control and made sure the colors went with our color scheme and the flowers were in season.
    They were so pretty!! So many people complimented us on the flowers and then said we did such a good job.. Don't worry we corrected them to make sure they knew foxtail did it all and we trusted them!!
    Kathryn Married on 10/12/2019

Converted Flower Lover

When it came to flowers for the wedding, I had no idea what I wanted as I'm not a big "flower-loving" gal. All I knew is that I wanted a classic/romantic feel that worked well with the décor and timing of a fall vineyard wedding and that complemented my color palette. As I was not from VA (planning a wedding from NJ), I set up a 30 minute call with Karen and Darby when I first started talking with them in order to review my prioritizes and vision. The conversation was so natural and easy that we found ourselves talking on the phone for 1 hour as I was getting so excited over all the flower options. Karen and Darby put together a proposal which was right up my alley. After a bit of adjusting to come into some updated wedding budgets, the end result was absolutely spectacular. The bouquets were dropped off on time at my mother's house the morning-of and looked amazing in all the photos. I absolutely loved all of the arrangements, as well as the decorations that Foxtail supplied for the reception. If I had to do it again, I would have requested additional structure in the boutonnieres, as some of the groomsmen boutonnieres started falling apart during the photos (after the wedding). Thankfully, my sister-in-law was a pro at fixing them for the photos and it wasn't a big deal at all, as the flowers had served their purpose (looking stunning for all the photos). If you're looking for a talented florist, Foxtail Cottage is it!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Real Weddings

• Kylia & Aaron
    49 photos · 03/25/2022
  • Bryan & Elizabeth
    28 photos · 10/01/2016

3 Cats Photo 3 Cats Photo Wedding Photographers

There just isn't enough space here to write all the wonderful things about Foxtail Cottage Floral. From the first moment you step over her threshold, you enter a world of grace, beauty and elegance. Being in her cottage is a special treat all its own! Her artistry is second to none and her kind easy demeanor will set you at ease immediately. She is one of my favorite vendors to work with and I am excited to see her work whenever our paths cross.

6059 Rockfish Gap Turnpike Charlottesville, Virginia, 22932-3404
434-823-7272
Location of (Foxtail Cottage Floral)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding