Foxtail Cottage Floral Reviews

Foxtail Cottage Floral 6
Foxtail Cottage Floral 7
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful to work with and stunning arrangements

Karen and her team are amazing. I initially met with Karen when I first started planning my wedding and I had no idea what I wanted. Karen guided me and provided her expert advice to help me come up with a vision. She’s talented and tasteful, which shows in her work. The prices are extremely reasonable and Karen does not skimp on anything. Every arrangement I received was luscious and full. My wedding flowers were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined (and more beautiful than anything I’ve ever seen on Pinterest too!). I would recommend Foxtail Cottage to anyone and everyone. They’re the best.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/18/2018

Beyond your Dreams

The team here took my Pinterest ideas and made them a beautiful reality. They somehow took a fall wedding idea (had to change date) and made it into the most beautiful spring wedding.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous flowers and seamless planning.

Karen and the Foxtail Cottage Team are truly the best around. They were easy to communicate with, quick to respond, and really captured my vision for our wedding day florals. We had some last minute addition for our rehearsal dinner that they were so kind to accommodate. We received nothing but compliments about the bouquets and arrangements all weekend. Foxtail Cottage has cultivated an awesome team of artists to help make our wedding beautiful, and the planning process

Sent on 10/17/2018

Anna Hope · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely stunning

The team at Foxtail have a real gift. I have NEVER seen flowers so beautiful. The mix of flowers within the arrangements, color and composition were magnificent. Everyone was so helpful and kind. Their work is of the highest standard with exceptional creativity. Truly, the end result at our wedding was beyond my wildest imaginings. I would use them again in any capacity - their work always has the 'something extra special' factor.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Sylvie · Married on 09/30/2017

Foxtail Cottage was wonderful - I was fortunate enough to have talented family members prepare the majority of our floral arrangements, but I decided to have the bridal and bridesmaids' bouquets (6 in total) done professionally. Even though it was a small order and I only gave them about a month's notice and some vague guidelines to go with a photo I provided, the Foxtail team was so helpful and knowledgeable, and they provided bouquets of my dreams. My bouquet even had a succulent in it that I was able to pot after the wedding as a beautiful green reminder! Thank you!

Sent on 03/12/2018
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 8
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 9

Foxtail Cottage Floral's reply:

Thank you, Sylvie!

Tracy · Married on 09/15/2017

Karen!!!! Thank goodness you called me that day right before I was about to sign another contract. You gave me choices and for the first time I could envision that venue from Karen's quote. She worked very hard to stay within my unreasonable budget, but in the end everything was beautiful. The bouquets were perfect. Everyone complimented how beautiful everything looked. I never got to talk to you at the wedding, but thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Lots of communication too! So great!

Sent on 09/21/2017
  • Siabean

Elsia · Married on 06/10/2017

Wonderfully romantic florals! Karen is a genius! My flowers for my June wedding were very very dreamy. I am so glad that I went with Foxtail Cottage because they came up with some truly beautiful florals that I could not have thought up. Karen was also very responsive and professional during our planning stage despite having a finger injury the involved stitches and a car accident! She is very clear on her personal style and my advice to any future brides would be to have a rough idea of what you like and let her do her magic because it was MAGIC!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2015

Foxtail Cottage Floral is amazing! They provided me with the floral arrangements for my wedding ceremony and my reception, and my bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, and everyone's boutonnieres and corsages. The flowers were all absolutely stunning, and our guests were asking about them all night! We had a gorgeous arbor arrangement for the ceremony, and Foxtail even made me a flower crown! There were flowers everywhere - it made my whole wedding feel like a dream come true. Foxtail Cottage is a fantastic find. They are absolutely worth it!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

The flowers for our big day were spectacular. The team at foxtail did such a great job knowing what our vision was and executing it. I wasn't prepared for just how beautiful the flowers could be! They were easy to communicate with and did a great job getting set up on the big day. I couldn't be happier with the job they did!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/26/2015

Using Foxtail Cottage for our wedding flowers was one of the best decisions of our wedding (besides marrying my husband, of course)! Karen and her team created beautiful arrangements for my self, the bridesmaids, boutineers, and ceremony and reception pieces! They were so easy to work with and helped my vision come true through their incredible design! We even added extra flowers a week before the wedding and they were so accommodating and helpful in making the day perfect! The delivery team was wonderful too and brought all the arrangements earlier than we expected, making the day run even more smoothly!

I highly recommend Foxtail Cottage and I am so grateful for all their hard work in making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2015

Karen and the Foxtail Cottage team were an absolute pleasure to work with. She and Grace spent almost two hours meeting with my grandmother and me and discussing our vision for the wedding. They both provided many helpful suggestions, while still staying true to my style and vision. Karen and her team were consistently responsive via phone and e-mail and flexible with some last-minute additions just two weeks prior to the wedding. My day-of coordinator raved about Karen and how friendly and cooperative she was with the other vendors on the day of the wedding. When I saw the reception flowers, my jaw dropped. They were stunning! I especially loved the candelabras she topped with flowers for the King's Table - her suggestion, which I'm so glad we went with! The bouquets were beautiful as well; when I asked for more pale, blush-colored flowers to be added to mine, Karen did not hesitate to make it happen. She is a true professional and I would gladly recommend Foxtail Cottage to anyone who is looking for beautiful flowers for their event.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Jill · Married on 11/28/2014

This florist does beautiful work. It was so easy. Just sent Karen a picture of the bouquets I wanted and they arrived on the wedding day more gorgeous than I had imagined. We never even needed to meet in person since I was out of the area. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 09/14/2014

Karen and the folks at Foxtail Cottage did an amazing job for our wedding!! She spent ample time with us during our planning/booking meeting coming up with arrangements and selecting flowers, when we went in having NO CLUE what we wanted. On the day of, she was prompt with delivery (even on a Sunday, without charging extra to do so), and worked with my coordinator so that I was not even involved in the day of details. The flowers were amazing in quality, and I still have one or the centerpieces looking amazing without any wilting on my tabletop, now 9 days after our ceremony. My bouquet was HUGE, and the bridesmaids were also very sizeable and gorgeous. She even was willing to place flowers on my cake the day of (because my cake company had to deliver the day before the ceremony), and did a wonderful job (even though this is obviously not something she would normally do). I would just say, be sure to order late enough that your numbers are pretty much final, but early enough that she has enough time to order (of course). We ordered months ahead of time based on our number of invites, and were not able to change our numbers of centerpieces when our numbers were very significantly less than projected. This is pretty standard for all companies and did not affect my experience with Foxtail Cottage at all, but should just be something to be aware of when signing a contract. The quality of these flowers and her arrangements were top notch, and were so much more affordable than competitors in this area. Super satisfied and would certainly recommend to brides on their big day!

Sent on 09/23/2014

We were extremely pleased with the floral designs of Karen and and team at Foxtail Cottage Floral! They worked with us within our budget to plan our wedding ceremony and reception flowers, and the results were exceptional. I could not have asked for a more perfect representation of the theme of purity which we were striving to create. The arrangements were delivered on time, and exceeded our expectations in terms of the beauty. The floral arrangements that we took home stayed fresh so we were able to enjoy them later. We would highly recommend this floral team!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Karen made my visions come to life! Our ceremony and reception had the most beautiful flowers, everyone was commenting on how much they liked them!
    I'd recommend Foxtail Cottage to anyone ... they do AMAZING work!!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Beth · event on 07/10/2014

Karen is a fabulous floral artist. Her creativity and vision is unsurpassed. I highly recommend it for anyone's floral needs.

Sent on 08/03/2014

andrea · Married on 04/05/2014

foxtail cottage is a new florist in the charlottesville, virginia area, and is one to be watched as a true up and comer!! our experience with foxtail cottage as our wedding florist was marvelous. karen, the owner and designer, has an incredible eye and truly unique design aesthetic. i knew generally what feel i wanted and the colors i wanted to use, and karen took my blurry vision and made it into a stunning reality. i absolutely loved the creativity of our centerpieces, which were hand-made from manzanita branches, flowers, and hanging mercury glass votives. many of our guests commented that they had never seen such beautiful and different centerpieces. our personal flowers were also truly lovely.
    karen is very flexible and can be as directive as you need with helping bring ideas to life. at the same time, she is not pushy and is more than willing to incorporate what matters most to you. she is very fair in pricing and was worth every penny. i LOVED working with her for our wedding.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

Karen and her team did an incredible job with the flowers at our wedding. We got married outdoors (Grace Estate Winery) in September, and wanted something bright, colorful, and wild. Everything was gorgeous - from the chuppah to the bouquets to the table arrangements. I am so incredibly grateful to her for bringing our vision to life and making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 15
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 16
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 17

Taryn · Married on 07/15/2017

Karen did a great job of capturing our vision for the florals of our wedding! She worked within our budget and offered some good advice to help the centerpieces better match with the linens we had chosen. The final results were absolutely stunning!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 18
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 19
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 20

Karen · Married on 10/18/2014

Karen and the ladies at Foxtail did a beautiful job for our daughters wedding! Karen is super talented, creative and fun to work with. she was very accommodating w us dealing with the practicalities of me living in MX and the bride living in MD. We had our ideas and she made great suggestions and we felt it was a true collaboration. The flowers turned out beautiful for all areas of the venue. She worked well with the other vendors involved too, which makes it easy for everyone in the "day of" rush. The flowers were high quality and very fresh. Everything was ready on time.
    Thanks Karen!!!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2018

Foxtail cottage produced the most beautiful arrangements I could ever imagine! They were so kind to me through the entire process even though I changed the proposal probably 193837626 times. They never missed a beat and always treated me with respect and kindness! I was absolutely blown away with how they put my vision to life. Absolutely thrilled, thank you!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Foxtail Cottage Floral 21

Brittany · Married on 04/08/2017

Karen and her team made my dream wedding a reality. I was nervous about the flowers for my vineyard wedding because I had such a specific vision; however, when I was getting ready with my bridesmaids and our bouquets were delivered, I knew I had nothing to worry about. They were everything I wanted and then some, and that was just a small piece. The centerpieces on our tables (we did two different ones to mix it up a bit) were stunning, and the lush greenery on the two wooden mantles was exactly as I had dreamt. Karen understands romantic and whimsical very well. I had an April wedding and said absolutely no tulips, which made her laugh. I wanted textural and romantic, and she made it happen. She gave us tons of options for flowers and vases, etc, and she was nice enough to be flexible as we made tweaks to our proposal to stay on budget. You can't go wrong with Foxtail Cottage!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/17/2016

Foxtail Cottage made our floral wedding dreams come true! Karen and her team are artists and made the most beautiful arrangements, bouquets, and floral decor for us. They were so creative in making our vision come to life. Karen even worked some last minute magic at our venue, hiding some unsightly features of the historic and not-quite-renovated building with gorgeous foliage! They are a bit expensive but worth every penny. Thank you Foxtail Cottage!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Abigail · Married on 08/13/2016

Karen and Foxtail Cottage exceeded my expectations. The flowers were incredible as well as their service. They were also a great value, I expected less flowers on my farm tables and the arrangements were even more full and beautiful then I thought. I'd definitely recommend this team.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Rosanne · Married on 11/09/2014

Foxtail Cottage was amazing to work with for our wedding. They came highly recommended by our wedding planner and their prices for flowers can't be beat! Karen and her team worked diligently to create fabulous "Book bouquets" for my bridesmaids, which they loved. I also loved what she came up with when I told her my vision for blue flowers (Hydrangeas and potted pansies). Karen was very responsive via e-mail and her staff was incredibly nice and helpful when it came down to the nitty gritty details. The one thing I would mention to brides is to make sure you absolutely know what you want as you can't take anything off your contract once you sign it. You can add more things however, and were it within my budget I would have utilized Karen's talent even more!

Sent on 11/12/2014