Star Island Resort

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Getting married. Here can't wait to marry the love of my life

melissa
04/20/2014

We would like to thank Paola Rivera for all her help with the initial phases of planning, Nate Moreno, then took over and blew us out of the water with his impeccable attention to detail. Nate Maintained open communication during the entire process and was always very prompt with all responses. The team that actually handled the event Sunday night April 20th 2014, Maria, Dolton, and Paul were AMAZING. Maria leading the team was very responsive and handled everything with immediate response and attention. She was very professional and completed everything that was asked of her on a moments notice. Again your team handled everything with great care and pride to include wildlife control.( Bird Intruders) Later learning that Maria has only been on your team for a short time, You truly have a gem. My wedding was amazing and I greatly thank you all for making my wedding day unforgettable.

On behalf of My Husband and I,

Thank you again.

Melissa and Roberto Diaz

Michelle
04/19/2014

It is nice and I would have people go there

Angie
02/28/2014

Star Island Resort event coordinators made the day perfect! Everything that they said they would do was done perfectly and beautifully. I would recommend them to everyone. We were all very pleased with the wedding ceremony and every aspect of the event. Thank You!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake
Jeanette
11/01/2013

staff were brilliant couldn't do enough for us really nice place just what we were looking for somewhere nice and private top marks definitely would recommend

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake
Private User
1+ year ago

We had our reception at Star Island and it was amazing. It was supposed to take place outside but because of the weather we were forced to do it inside. Megan and her activities staff made the indoor room look beautiful, and they even set up our centerpieces for us since we did not have time to do it. They were great to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meghan O'Neal and her staff did a tremendous job for us. This was actually a rehearsal dinner. They set the room up exactly the way I wanted and the attendants stayed close to help us during the event. They are very dependable, professional, and friendly. Thank you Meghan and staff for working so hard to please me. You definitely made us all very happy. Thanks!!

Hilary
03/12/2013

Our wedding at Star Island was phenonminal!! We have talked about the details and resort every single day since we returned home from Florida! Your staff was of the upmost professional and kind to us during our 7 day stay. My only regret is we didnt find the time to track you down while we were there to thank you in person. Our days were filled with complete chaos of the tourist trips. I want to come back to Star Island again as I feel I left a part of my heart there. Ive had a really hard time adjusting back into reality since vactioning there. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything. We will always remember Star Island when we reflect back on our wedding day!!!!

Brittany
11/11/2012

This place, the people, was amazing! Everything was put together so smoothly, it turned out that I didn't need to be stressed for anything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Kristen
07/07/2012

Star Island was an amazing place to get married. My husband and I wanted a beach theme wedding but wanted both the ceremony and reception to be close so all of our guests could enjoy dancing drinking and get safely back to their rooms, this was the PERFECT place!! Paola was phenominal in helping me set everything up and Meagan was so easy to work with and finalizing everything down to the last second the day of. The staff made my dream wedding come true and I am so thankful that I will remember a flawless wedding for the rest of our lives! We received so many compliments on the entire event from the rooms to the location to every last bit of the ceremony and reception! THANKS STAR ISLAND!! I would HIGHLY recommend Star Island for anyone's events or special occassions. :o)

Claire
11/11/2011

We travelled over from scotland and was well worth the journey, Perfect location for our wedding day!!! Lovely, helpful and very attentive staff, Meghan and ebony were great and made our special day just perfect!!!

Kellie
05/23/2011

Can't say enough good things about this resort. My daughters wedding was beautiful. One stop all inclusive. Our younger daughter wants to get married there also. Price was very affordable.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Star Island made our wedding stunning. Everything went so smooth. Couldnt have asked for anything better!

NaQuisha
04/13/2014

STAR ISLAND RESORT WAS WONDERFUL!!! IT WAS A LITTLE CONFUSING AT FIRST BECAUSE I KEPT GETTING DIFFERENT INFORMATION FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE, HOWEVER, EVERYONE HELPED TO SORT AND FIX THE PROBLEM. ONCE ALL THE TECH. STUFF WAS FIXED THE TRIP WAS AMAZING. THE STAFF WAS GREAT AND THEY KNEW YOU BY NAME AFTER THE FIRST DAY. THE RESORT IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND I CANNOT WAIT TO GO AGAIN!!!
SN: THEY ALSO HAD DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES THAT YOU CAN TAKE PART IN WHILE YOU'RE THERE OR THEY WILL HELP YOU SET UP OFF SITE ACTIVITIES FOR YOU!!!:}

MY HONEYMOON WAS A TOTAL SUCCESS BECAUSE OF STAR ISLAND:}

Karla
07/06/2013
3.9

Great time, great wedding, great price. We will be back again!

Charlene
03/07/2014
3.7

The over all experience was great. We did have a few small things that I think could have been better. The Celebrity Room, where I was told I could get ready and wait for the ceremony to begin was just their break room. It did not even have a mirror. My flowers showed up 5 min. before the ceremony began. The cake tasted amazing, but was not decorated with all the details I had wanted. Other than those few small things Nate, was my hero that day. He took care of decorating for the ceremony and did a wonderful job. I had hand made most the the decorations and he understood my vision to a tee. The Officiant, Bob was wonderful. You would have never known that we just meet him that day. And last the photographer was great during the ceremony, but I was not impressed with the finial pictures I received. She picked out certain that she edited and i received some 5x7's and 4x6's. Thankfully we did get a CD with all the pictures.