Sounds Like Fun

Sounds Like Fun

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Joe! He was great to have at the reception. He played amazing music, was a great host, and kept the night flowing well. He stayed up to date with all of my changes and was happy to. I think the main thing I can say about him is that if you hire Joe, you will get someone experienced that knows what they are doing. He organized the flow of the reception, stayed coordinated with my venue and photographer to ensure that no moments were missed. He would even make announcements to guest as events like cake cutting or toasts were coming up so that they knew what was happening and wouldn't miss anything. As we began the garter toss, he could tell the guys were too far away from the groom and made sure to have them move so it wouldn't be dropped. Those details only come with experience and someone who knows their job well. Key songs were easy to pick due to their online list to choose from and it was followed to a "T" (even the "don't plays"). This company was professional and responsive and willing to add more time the night of the event. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Wedding: 07/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allen was our DJ on 2/19/11. He did such a great job, the guests really enjoyed. He really took the initiative to make my wedding flow and keep us on top of schedule. He was like a wedding planner at heart! I still get positive comments from my guests wondering who was the DJ and if I can refer him to them. However, we were told that Allen's last wedding was our wedding. Due to a horrific personal plane crash, he was killed. RIP Allen! You were such a great DJ, and I'm so glad that you were able to be at our wedding!

• Wedding: 02/19/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allen did a great job at creating an incredible atmosphere at our wedding. He kept the party moving and the dance floor full!

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Enrique was our DJ and we loved him. He did a great job leading up to (he was so easy to correspond with!) and during our wedding reception. Enrique knew exactly what music to play for our group; our dance floor was never empty! We got a lot of compliments on how awesome our DJ was . We highly recommend Enrique and the Sounds Like Fun DJ service. Thanks Enrique for helping make our wedding a success!

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Dean and he was absolutely AMAZING! He handled the reception magnificently! Everyone had an awesome time.

• Wedding: 12/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dean was an amazing DJ. Everything was so easy to set up and he fulfilled every request. He was funny and knew exactly what music to play for our group. We got a lot of compliments on how awesome our DJ was. Every part of the booking, set-up, payment, and day of was easy, professional, and hassle free! HIGHLY recommended!

• Wedding: 12/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe Farley and the entire Sounds Like Fun DJ crew were the best - I failed to pick out songs until the week of the wedding and they have a wonderful online tool to help with that, they worked with me until I had a chance to enter in all my songs. The day of the event, Joe kept me appraised of everything and told me when to be where (I had a dress change to work into the schedule). He also interfaced well with my photographer and let us know how the timing was going.

The music and the DJing - couldn't have asked for more. All my guests loved the music selection and had a great time dancing. In fact, the older guests started the dancing portion. Everyone raved about the music.

Cost - as with any wedding, cost is a factor. The DJ was the last vendor that I found (the month before the wedding) and at that point, I was happy to pay anything to find someone who was available on my date. I found the rates charged were more than reasonable and they were able to be flexible in what they could provide.

All in all, Sounds Like Fun and Joe Farley were great - I would definitely hire them again for any special occasion or event.

• Wedding: 11/20/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Allen is a great wedding DJ who was instrumental in keeping the party hopping. Great mix of music and he really listened to our requests. He's very knowledgeable about how to MC the entire event and picking the right music for each moment as well as how much time to allot to each "event" during the reception as well as a suggested order for everything. We really didn't want the party to end. My father changed the song for our father/daughter dance at the last moment & Allen didn't bat an eye.

• Wedding: 10/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We attended a friends wedding in 2009 and heard Allen DJ the event. We loved his style and after struggling to find someone who felt like they understood our desire to have a fun, romantic wedding (not a dance club party) we decided to call. After setting up a meeting, I was cruched to get his message that he had already recieved a deposit for our wedding day.
Later that day, when Dean called, I figured it was worth talking to him at least. Boy was I right!!! As impressed as we had been with Allen at our friend's wedding, we were even more impressed with Dean at ours. He was GREAT to work with, really tried to take our music tastes in mind, and was wonderful at reading the crowd. He also really helped to keep us on track with our hectic timeline.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dean and Allen. A pleasure to work with!

• Wedding: 10/23/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Justin did a fantastic job for our wedding. He was very helpful in choosing the music. He was the first person that arrived at the site to prepare. It was flawless during the ceremony and the reception. We are very happy that we made a great choice.

• Wedding: 10/23/2010
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had Joe as our DJ. We LOVED his personality! Definitely not your typical cheesy dj with a radio voice, Joe was very down to earth and funny. We met with several DJs and definitely felt a more personal connection with Joe right away.

His online planning tools came in extremely handy. You're basically able to choose songs from his library, and if he doesn't have it, just write it in and he downloads them. You're able to plan every detail and create a timeline, which really helps with the overall wedding planning.

If you have him, I definitely recommend calling vs. emailing, since it's easier to reach him that way. I tried several emails with no response (which had me quite worried for awhile), but as soon as I called and left a voicemail he was quick to respond. He explained that because of the online planning tool, every time a bride makes a change to their playlist, he gets an email, which explains why he didn't get my emails, his inbox was being bombarded I'm sure.

Make sure you're clear about the songs you want because the wrong song was played during our sand ceremony (right song, different version, even though I told him specifically to use the version off the album), and during the reception, he played a majority of my mom's music instead of doing a good mix with more modern music. Granted the older song requests were on my list for my parents and their friends, but I was a bit disappointed that I had to go up and ask him to play more of my music after 6 songs in a row of the older music.

All that being said, he did an overall great job, and definitely kept the dance floor moving.

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dean Henderson is a world class professional. His repertoire of music knowledge and taste is exceptional. He is a magnificent listener. He is prompt and keeps the flow of the room and atmosphere fun and enjoyable. Dean was engaged, respectful and used his terrific sense of humor to make our wedding a memorable and fulfilling experience.

• Wedding: 09/26/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe did an awesome job. We were very pleased with the music selection and everyone had a wonderful time. We danced for hours. Thanks Joe, for making our special day everything we had imagined!

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Allen was wonderful! We were super nervous using a DJ for our wedding since we always heard horror stories about DJ's playing random music and not being professional. From the start Allen heard us out and worked with us to make sure we got what we wanted. Everything turned out PERFECT he listened to everything thing we said and was a great MC as well. We highly recommend Allen and we will use him for future events.

• Wedding: 09/24/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joe was our DJ for the wedding and he did a fantastic job- from the music we wanted to be played to coordinating the timeline of events to rearranging the timeline of events in a split second. He did a great job figuring out what the crowd would be into next and our dance floor seemed like it was always full. We have some great pictures of everyone dancing up a storm and were so pleased with everything that was done by Joe to make our day as seamless and problem-free as possible. We got compliments from more than one person that the flow of our wedding was great and just so easy going- taking into account that we did not have anyone coordinating our wedding timeline that day except for Joe and the site's event manager this was amazing to us. We cannot thank Joe enough for all of his expertise and would not hesitate to ever recommend his services.

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our DJ, Enrique. He did a great job leading up to and during our wedding reception. He and Alan were very helpful in getting us ready for our big day, especially guiding us on the timeline of the reception. Enrique played the music we requested and all our guests loved it. We were thrilled that many of them got up to dance. We highly recommend Enrique and the Sounds Like Fun DJ service.

• Wedding: 08/21/2010
310-640-0647
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards