Simple Elegance Floral and Event Design

Simple Elegance Floral and Event Design

Favorite
Westchester, IL
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
2.0

Cathy was 1. really hard to get a hold of. 2. really unresponsive when I tried multiple times to drop off my wedding stuff with her. 3. Lost coffee mugs (L, O, V, E, mugs from anthropology that go for about 10 bucks each) that I had brought over to her house to put flowers in for the sweetheart table and then tried to replace them without telling me...she literally got other mugs and wrote on them with permanent marker...and didn't TELL US. 4. And here's the kicker, in that same box as the mugs, was MY MOTHER'S VEIL that she also LOST. LOST IT. It was supposed to be used in some way and have it wrapped around my bridal bouquet, but nope, couldn't do that because she misplaced it. She said she lost this box "in her move" but I labeled EVERY box and gave her a very detailed inventory--for no reason now apparently.

very disappointing and I wish I had known about the mugs and veil before we paid her in full.

Leslie
07/25/2014

My wedding planner recommended Cathy as the florist for my wedding. I couldn't be more elated at how everything turned out. I was working with Cathy for a solid year before my wedding, I gave her what few ideas I had and she just ran with it. She has creativity when you don't, and is totally open to all of your ideas at the same time. Once she gave me her recommendations for flowers, I knew it was going to be beautiful! Fast forward to the day of the wedding, I was completely stunned at how everything looked. Shocked.....it was beautiful when I imagined it in my head, but in person, I can't even explain the arrangements that Cathy pulled off, they exceeded my expectations. A florist can be a huge chunk of your budget, Cathy is the only florist that I came across that is not trying to rip you off, she has the fairest prices that I have ever come across, hands down!

Kathy
06/21/2014

Cathy is willing to go the extra mile to make the event top drawer! She took our daughter to the flower mart to view the types of flowers for her wedding... that really helps because pictures do not always show the beauty and of course the smell.

Louis
05/24/2014

CATHY IS SO AWESOME! PLEASE LOOK NO FURTHER AND GET HER AS YOUR VENDOR. IT WILL MAKE YOUR DAY THAT MUCH BETTER AND EASIER! SHE WORKED WITH ME ON EVERYTHING. WE WENT TO THE WAREHOUSE AND SHE TREATED ME LIKE I WAS HER DAUGHTER IN REGARDS TO ADVICE AND PLANNING! GREATLY PRICED AND EVEN TOOK A FEW 100 OFF THE CONTRACT BILL AT THE END!!!!

1+ year ago

From the first time I spoke with Cathy on the phone, I knew she was the type of person I wanted to work with. When we met in person and she showed me samples of other weddings she had done flowers for, I knew I did not need to look any further. Cathy offered great suggestions, several options, and seemed to understand exactly what it was that I was looking for. She was flexible, and did a great job staying in our budget. Cathy did flowers for our ceremony and reception (i.e., archway with tulle and flowers, aisle decorations, bouquets/corsages/boutonnieres, centerpieces, gift table decorations, etc. I was so happy with how our flowers turned out for the wedding; they were absolutely beautiful (I even got tears in my eyes when she dropped them off). I would recommend Cathy with Simple Elegance Floral and Event Design to anyone, she is amazing!

3.1

Cathy was easy to talk to and was nice to let us use her vendor. However, the flowers barely made it through the pictures. They died too fast and she did not show up on time. She went to the wrong place and then we were missing the aisle runner and some flowers for the ushers. I did not see a refund on the missing flowers. I was not happy with the flowers since they did not make it through the night.

1+ year ago

Flowers were beautiful, exceeded all expectations.

0.5

**** BEWARE OF THIS FLORIST*** I have copied and pasted my email that I sent to Cathy AFTER my wedding, I have never heard a response or an apology from her. Please read before booking her.
I wanted to write you a note and see what your response is, before I begin posting reviews on your services.

Unfortunately, I was not pleased with the outcome of my flowers for my wedding day. I paid A LARGE amount of money for my flowers, and they ALL were starting to turn brown. From my bouquet ($266 - brown on ALL THE EDGES OF every FLOWER), to the Bridesmaid’s bouquets ($623 total - brown on ALL THE EDGES OF every FLOWER), to the Groomsmen (every flower browning)! My flowers clearly were not properly cared for prior to the wedding. I’m wondering if that’s why your costs were so low. I feel you may have received a discount on old flowers since none of them were FRESH.

My grandmothers and readers wrist corsages (6/$16each in addition to the cost of the wristlets), were not given to someone to hand out, but simply put on a table that eventually my planner found, after the ceremony! Of course, it didn't matter much cause they were DEAD and falling apart! The two that were handed out to my mother & John’s mother, at the start of the day where falling apart as they put them on! AND again, these were the only twohanded out!!! UUGH! NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT.

Which brings me to your “team”. I paid a set up fee of $375, as well as, a service fee of $115.57 and you showed up with teenagers who didn't even know how to pin on a corsage, and failed to hand out my other personals. In addition, you had 2 hours to set up, and basically had to be asked to leave, because guests were arriving. This was with the extensive staff of the mansion, and my Groom doing all the “extras” in the morning. You simply had to deliver FRESH personals, set the ballroom in place, and do very minimal décor in the ceremony. I’d like a “refund offer” from you. We spent $3,500 ON DEAD FLOWERS!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Cathy from Simple Elegance and Floral design for my wedding in August 2013. First, she came to my house for our first consultation and she listened to my ideas , shared hers, and we worked out a creative and beautiful floral design that was in my budget. She was always flexible, had Saturday appointments, and we even went to the wholesalers together to pick out decor items/flowers. I was very pleased with the quality of the flowers and the entire set up and tear down process. My bridal bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and I loved the fresh gardenias and stephanotis!! Cathy was both personal and professional and I loved all the floral designs, bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and vases, she created. Thanks for helping make my wedding day beautiful!

Services Used: Flowers

Cathy was great! She provided us with bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and of course the bridal bouquet. She was so cooperative in coming up with great beautiful ideas for bouquets that fit our budget and didn't try to upsell us. Very easy to work with. Even though we weren't asking her to decorate the venue for us (centerpieces, altar, etc.), I felt comfortable enough to ask her for some inexpensive ideas, and she gave us some great ones. She was also very cooperative when we had to make some changes later on (adding corsages for grandmothers, etc.). The bouquets turned out beautiful. If my best friend was planning a wedding right now, I would definitely recommend Cathy.

Renae
07/27/2013

Cathy was an absolute God send. I needed to finalize plans and work on a budget in a quick way. Cathy responded, put something together with me over the phone and we both were busy sending emails to one another for the rest of the week. Cathy told me about the durability o the flowers i wanted and how they wpuld pr would not hold up in an outdoor wedding. No other flotist i talked to even mentioned this very important factor. Cathy knows her flowers and truly knows how to make them beautiful and budget conscious. Even up until days before the wedding Cathy was able to switch some items around to work with my changing needs. She was very responsive in a timely manor. There was one or two details that day that was a miscommunication but Cathy handled it extremely professional and actually whipped up a few items from leftover florals in her delivery van. Everyone raved about her work and decoration skills. She and her team arrived at 6am to set things up for a 11:30 wedding. You get the absolute best in working with Cathy and she is such a joy to know as well. Thanks again Cathy.

Claire
06/16/2013

Cathy was so instrumental in making both our floral and decor vision come to life. I met with her and showed her photos and spoke about ideas, and she gave me great feedback and suggestions to help stretch my budget a little bit. Cathy went above and beyond and provided us with rentals including vases, pillars, and a archway for our ceremony. She truly brought my vision to life and was a pleasure to work with! On the day, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Cathy delivered the bouquets/corsages/boutonnières to the hotel where we were getting ready and had already started to set up for our ceremony. She even stayed in the area and waited until after our ceremony, to then transfer the flowers to the reception to serve as the centrepieces. The cost is very reasonable and the quality of her work is amazing, and she is a true professional! I have already recommended her to a friend of mine getting married in the Chicago area in October. Thanks again so much Cathy for everything, you honestly are the best!!

Mailyn
06/15/2013

From the start, Cathy was easy to talk to. We didn’t have a clear idea of what flowers would look great together. All we really had was a strong idea of colors. Cathy showed us examples of her work and different colors she has used. Her arrangements were perfect examples. Once we finalized the types of flowers and colors we met up at that floral warehouse so I could see, in person, the exact colors and shapes. That was a very fun trip to make!
Cathy was easy to maintain contact with, she responded quickly to any questions and concerns we had. Her pricing is extremely reasonable and that helped make the process more fun.
Once we arrived at our venue, we were able to see the completed bouquets, table settings and boutonnieres. To say they were beautiful is an understatement. In the bouquets; the yellows were vibrant, the whites were strong and the blues were perfectly poppy. The little details were the most simply perfect. Our table centerpieces were meant to be simple, clean and just a little bit of color. That is exactly what Cathy delivered.
Everything was calming and pleasing to our eyes and enjoyed by our guests.
We can’t thank Cathy and her team enough for their work and dedication to our wedding day!

Services Used: Flowers

Everything was calming and pleasing to our eyes and enjoyed by our guests.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Cathy,

The flowers were absolutely beautiful. Thank you for everything

Jessica

Gina
10/06/2012

Cathy was great to work with and makes any budget have beautiful flowers.