Reverend Mel Morishige

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have given Reverend Mel Morishige 1 star because he showed up. As a Reverend your definite job is to show up on time, get our names right and say the vows for us to repeat. He showed up that's about it.
I contacted Alice Inoue to ask her if she could do our ceremony but she emailed to say she is unable to but she recommended Reverend Mel and said he does the same type of work. She even endorses him on her website. So we trusted Alice.
He does not do the same work as Alice Inoue! He couldn't even remember my groom's name. He called him by another name, which was a VERY unfortunate choice of names as it was my ex-husband's name who was abusive and horrible person. He was the last person that myself, my groom, our parents and our friends wanted in our mind at that time. All of our guest were so mad and upset because they knew how much that hurt us. They knew that pain that we endured because of that man and the healing that was torn apart at that moment. At his church the Honolulu Church of light he is said to be a "renowned healer"...well he has done no healing for us and only caused hurt. We put on our game faces and finished the ceremony. Unfortunately we will forever have the video to remember it and it is something that we just can't forget. This ceremony was meant to be beautiful, a new beginning and leaving all hurts in the past. Reverend Mel ruined it completely!!! He robbed us of our joy and peace during that moment and to this day when we think of the ceremony.
His explanation of why he said another man's name instead of my groom's name is that the last wedding he did that was the groom's name. How UNPROFESSIONAL AND HOW IMPERSONAL! Can't even get our names right. I emailed him the day after our wedding because my husband and I were still so upset about it and we expressed our hurt. We have yet to receive any response from him. He doesn't care...he got his money and he moved on to the next unlucky bride and groom. BRIDES AND GROOM BEWARE!!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013