Blush - DC Makeup Artistry
Top Rated Makeup Services in DC, MD, and Northern VA (formerly of Picture Perfect Makeup)
DC, MD, and Northen VA

Sort By:

4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Aisha did a great job on my wedding makeup and was very professional, knowledgeable and has a very calming demeanor. My big thing was I wanted to look like myself and not super "made up" and my makeup looked really natural and stayed put all day (and through hurricane-like weather). She is definitely pricey but she spends a lot of time with you on the day of the wedding making sure you look perfect and also comes to where you are getting ready which makes it a lot less stressful. The only thing I was slightly disappointed by was at my trial I left not really liking the way she did my eyes and when I emailed her to see if I could come back and have her just redo my eyes she was going to charge me money to do another trial. So I would recommend that if you go to the trial and don't love the makeup have her try a different look before leaving - which is probably what I should have done. I decided to forgo the second trial and just wing it on the wedding day and she did a great job. So all in all I was very happy with the end product and my makeup looks great in all of my wedding pictures. She also did my mother's, mother-in-laws and a bridesmaid's makeup and everyone looked great. Doing my mother-in-laws makeup was a very last minute decision and she accomodated that no problem.
Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Aisha was just wonderful and we loved our makeup for our wedding.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Aisha did a wonderful job with my makeup on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids were happy as well. She was very professional from start to finish. I would recommend her to anyone looking for bridal or makeup services! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Aisha!!!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thanks Leyla for the great feedback! I am so happy to hear that you loved your makeup and that the rest of the bridal party felt fabulous as well :) Best Wishes to you and Amare!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Aisha is amazing. From the moment I met her for my trial I had a great feeling about her. She was very professional and kind, and offered suggestions on what she thought would bring out my best features. Before my wedding, she was quick to respond to my emails about certain changes I wanted to make about my makeup look and was very open to them. I was very particular about covering my under eye circles and she said she would take care of it! On the actual wedding day she showed up on time and made everyone of my bridesmaids looks gorgeous! She made my mom look 10 years younger! I felt so beautiful and confident the entire day and my makeup lasted all day long. I didn't even notice my undereye circles! She provided a touch up lipgloss as well. I would definitely recommend Aisha to future brides. We were all VERY happy with her!!!
Wedding: 06/01/2013

Jay 6 Reviews
Aisha did my make-up for the ceremony and reception along with few family members. She did a great job and has great product. I received numerous compliments on how I looked. I would easily recommend Blush DC.
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Your event was so beautiful, Kamini! I can't get over how gorgeous everyone's outfits were along with the wonderful venue...I am sure the pictures will be amazing. Warm regards to you and your family and hopefully we'll get the chance to work together again soon. :)
Wedding: 05/25/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Katie 1 Reviews
Aisha was a pleasure to work with and I loved how I looked after she did my wedding makeup. She suggested that I do a partial lash for my special day and now looking at the pictures I am so glad I did! Aisha knows how to bring out the best features in her clients. My wedding makeup ended up being a little expensive for me since I paid for all of my bridesmaids to get done as well, but I definitely feel like it was worth it!
Wedding: 05/18/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
Aisha did an amazing with makeup for the bride, mothers of the bride and groom and bridesmaids. Everyone looked polished and gorgeous, without being over done. She was also really pleasant and a calming presence on crazy morning! I would absolutely recommend her for any bride who wants to look beautiful but not too overdone on her wedding day!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Great to hear from you, Ashley! I hope you and your husband had a great time on your honeymoon :) Please let me know when you have pictures to share as I can't wait to see how everyone looked in the dresses and everything. Best Wishes to you and your family!
Wedding: Recently Married

Laurel 1 Reviews
Aisha did the makeup for my best friend's wedding a few years ago and did an incredible job. So it was a no-brainier when my wedding came up that I wanted her to do mine, and she did not disappoint!! She is a true professional and knows how to make the bride feel at ease and most importantly special. I highly recommend Aisha for makeup!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your feedback, Laurel! it was so much fun helping you and your girls get ready for the big day. I can't wait to see the pictures, so please let me know when you have some to share. By the day, I cracked open my Bull Run wine this weekend and it was delicious! Perfect for Summer :)
Wedding: 05/04/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Aisha did a phenomenal job with our make-up on my wedding day. Everyone was very thrilled with the outcome. I was really worried about my make-up lasting all day with all the hugs and kisses that you encounter through the day, but my make-up still looked flawless during the after party. During our consultation session, Aisha was very responsive to suggestions and really wanted to ensure you liked what look she created for you. She takes in to consideration your personality, and ensures you are happy when you leave the session. The products that she uses are top notch and she also was able to provide helpful suggestions to other vendors that I still had not booked, which was a nice bonus. I could not have been happier with the services I received from her and would highly recommend her to anyone needing makeup services. If you have not booked anyone for your make-up services, run don’t walk to see if Aisha is available.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Aisha is AWESOME! I knew that she would be my makeup artist for my wedding about 5 minutes into the trial. She began the trial by greeting me and my sister with a warm smile and asking me questions about my wedding, the look I wanted, and my normal makeup use. After hearing from me, she began creating a look, explaining each step to me as she did it. At each stage, she allowed me to look at what she had done and tweak the look if necessary. There were only minor changes needed because Aisha is so skilled. Also, she took the time to listen to my vision and gauge my comfort with trying new looks and new types of makeup (like blush!). The final result of my trial was beautiful! I was sold!

On my wedding day, Aisha arrived on time and immediately went to work on my bridesmaids after setting up her extensive collection of makeup and application tools. My bridesmaids and my mother fell in love with her even before they saw the final result of their makeup because she is so warm and cheerful. She put everyone at ease and accentuated everyone's strengths. She made everyone feel beautiful, especially me! I had no idea that she could make my wedding makeup look even better than it did at the trial, but she definitely did. She pushed me a little out of my comfort zone by adding lashes, and they were stunning! They looked really natural, and I couldn't feel a thing all night. I felt like a gorgeous princess, which is exactly how a bride should feel on her wedding day! My bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, husband, and guests raved about how great my makeup looked.

Aisha is also very efficient. She did makeup for 5 people (including me) and finished early, allowing me and my bridesmaids more time to relax (which is critical on wedding day!).

I highly recommend Aisha without reservation. Her services are well worth the cost, and she provides exceptional customer service.
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much, Tianna! I also had a wonderful time working with you and your family and am so thrilled to hear that everyone felt happy and gorgeous on the big day. I really appreciate the positive feedback - it's the best part of my job :)
Wedding: 04/12/2013

Genesis 1 Reviews
She was completing amazing kind and so sweet. Love her for making time in her day for our wedding because mine backed out 2 days before the wedding and had been really rude to me.

Thank you so much ;) from my family to you " We love you"
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thanks Genesis! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your special day. I am so glad we found each other at the last minute and that everything was a success. It was meant to be :)
Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so incredibly happy that I was able to work with Aisha from Blush. I didn't want to look overdone for my wedding and Aisha was able to make me look like me but enhanced. I was worried that my face would look like I had stage makeup on in my pictures but with Aisha, I knew I didn't have to worry. I think she started doing my makeup at 3:00 in the afternoon and by midnight, it still looked great (even in our pics) and that's without touch ups.

Of course Aisha is great with makeup but what makes her a godsend to me is her demeanor. During the craziness of the wedding day, Aisha was a sea of calm. She even brought her associate to do some of my bridesmaids and bridal parties hair saving us a lot of money. Aisha was such a calming presence during the day and she was able to help me calm down and enjoy myself while she was doing my makeup. The makeup for me and my bridal party turned out amazing thanks to Aisha.

Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thanks Joanne, we had such a great time working with you and your family on the wedding day. The pictures you've posted so far on FB are gorgeous and I can't wait to see more :) Maligayang bati to you and Nick!!
Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Aisha can work miracles with make-up! AIsha did the make up for my bridesmaids and my Mom for my wedding and she was fabulous to work with. She was on time, professional, and everyone liked sitting in her chair. It was a nice calm and soothing feeling, especially right before a big event. She did an awesome job with the makeup on everyone and we received lots of compliments. Aisha knows how to use the best colors to help make a bride feel beautiful! Would definitely hire Aisha for any future events!!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Congratulations on a beautiful day, Yuen! Ali is a lucky man :) Thank you so much for your review, I am so happy to know all turned out well and that you felt as gorgeous as you looked. Best wishes!
Wedding: 11/17/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0

Sylvie 5 Reviews
Aisha was really great. She worked on six women on the day of my wedding and everyone was done on time and everyone looked beautiful.

My family is in the dermatology and makeup business and everyone was happy with their makeup. Aisha uses quality makeup and the lashes she used were so light. You could barely feel them. My aunt looked like she was ten years younger. My makeup stayed on and looked great through the evening, even through my tears (I am a crier and there were a lot of tears.) My lashes stayed on and looked great all night. I ended up buying all the makeup that Aisha suggested and I use it all the time now.

I shopped around for makeup artists and I am so glad I chose Aisha.

Thank you Aisha for everything. All of my wedding guests, including the groom who doesn't typically like me wearing a ton of makeup, thought I looked beautiful. The pictures are proof that you are a great makeup artist.
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Awesome to hear from you, Sylvie! I am so happy to hear that everything turned out beautifully and that everyone was pleased. Please send pics when you can, I know they will be gorgeous!
Wedding: 11/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a pleasure of working with Aisha! I've looked at several make up artists and I coundn't be happier that I went with Aisha. From the moment I saw her portfolio, I knew she's the artist that I want to work with. When I had my trial, I told her that I'm nervous to have my make up done professionally as I don't wear a lot of make up. Aisha was very nice and explained every detail from color to application. She even gave me some tips! On the day of the wedding, Aisha was on time. She was flexible in making some changes. I love my make make up as it was very natural. The make up of my mom, mother in law, BMs & MOH were all stunning! Everybody was very very happy with how they looked and praised Aisha's skills. When I showed picutres to my coworkers, one of them said, "Your make up is so beautiful. Typically, brides look older on their wedding day because of the amount of make they put on. You actually look younger!" Thanks for my very talented make up artist, Aisha! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
It was such a pleasure to work with you, Joan! All of your family members and friends were so much fun to have in my chair :) Thank you so much for your kind words and best wishes to you and your new husband!
Wedding: 10/14/2012

Elizabeth 14 Reviews
I couldn't have been happier with the makeup services provided by Aisha! My makeup was gorgeous! My mom and my bridesmaids had their makeup done also and they looked amazing, too! Aisha is so nice and so easy to work with. We spoke several times via email and I also had a trial done. I highly recommend Aisha for your wedding day makeup!
Blush - DC Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Thanks for your kind words! It was great working with you and your family, I hope to see pics of how everything turned out in the end. With such a gorgeous venue and great weather I am sure it was perfection :)
Wedding: 10/13/2012
 202-714-9210
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire