Perfect Bride Alterations & Couture

Perfect Bride Alterations & Couture

2502 E. Glenrosa Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85016 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Undergarments, Veils

Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Highly recommend!!! Jenny is simply amazing! After receiving an alterations quote of $575.00 from the place where I bought my designer gown, I did some research and found Perfect Bride Alterations & Couture on Wedding Wire. I was hesitant about having someone other than the boutique complete my alterations, but from the moment I meet Jenny, I know she was an expert at what she does. Jenny has been in the business for years and worked with designers at Neiman Marcus before branching out on her own. My dress was a challenge to say the least…. Corset top that had no seams on the sides, it needed a bustle and was 2 sizes too big (due to my breast size, the boutique suggested I order a size 10, when my waist was size 6). I was almost in tears when I received the quote from the boutique and was terrified other places would charge me around the same amount. To my surprise, Jenny was 175.00 cheaper! Yes, $400.00 is a lot for alterations, but it was a great price for the amount of work that had to be done to my dress. Jenny had the dress ready within a matter of weeks and when it came time for my final fitting, it fit perfect and the french bustle she created for my long train was breath taking! She is an extremely kind and professional woman who treats you like family! You will not be disappointed with her work. Thank you Jenny!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Several months before my wedding, I took my vintage dress (from 1957) to be altered by Jenny. I should have realized the red flags when upon taking my dress out of the box, Jenny proclaimed that there was no way the dress was going to fit. She held it up to my hips and said it was too small. My mom insisted that I still put the dress on - and, to Jenny's surprise, it fit and was able to button all the way up without much trouble at all.

After two more fittings, Jenny took the hem up a bit, put in some cups, patched up some of the lace, fixed some of the buttons and had the dress cleaned all for $400. On the final fitting, I realized that I could not move my arms/shoulders very well as it was a bit tight in the shoulder blades. Jenny insisted there was nothing that she could do about it and instead suggested that I eat salads the week before my wedding so that I could just lose one pound. She stated the dress would fit so much better if I lost "just one pound" (mind you, the tight fit was in the shoulders - not my stomach).

I went home in tears - who tells a bride that she needs to lose weight?! It is a seamstress' job to make the dress the fit even if I GAIN weight!

All in all, my vintage dress did look lovely for the ceremony but I had to purchase a second dress for the reception so that I could properly move around and dance in - something I was not planning on doing but was my only option after Jenny was unable to loosen up the shoulders.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Go To Jenny!!!!! She is so beyond amazing!!! She did a perfect job!

I cannot express how happy I was and how in love I am with my dress after Jenny saved the day! My dress needed some serious changes (came in completely wrong after buying it from a bridal show) and Jenny turned it into a beyond perfect dress. I was so happy, I cried on the way home (and I don't cry). It's so beautiful and she did a fabulous job in only a few weeks! She fit me in when I was panicking and spent time and effort for me and is now going to be altering my sister's and mother's dresses. SERIOUSLY GO TO JENNY!!!!! She is the sweetest, nicest person you will ever meet! The dress is staying with her because she presses them as well!

I ordered a dress at a bridal show, it came in late and it was supposed to be a sweetheart strapless with a lace jacket. It came in full material, up to my neck and sleeves down to my elbows. The owner of the store worked with me (it's a long story but it wasn't their fault) and I was supposed to see his seamstress. I got my dress from her in October and was said to come back in late January. I called 6 times in 3 weeks and no answer or response. I panicked because two others said they didn't have time for how much needed to be done. The first seamstress finally called me after the owner called her and she just said "no." My mom found Jenny, she saw me same day when she is busy already and I cannot express how pleased and excited I was when I saw the finished product in just 3 weeks. She made it a beautiful vintage sweetheart dress with capped sleeves. She saved the day for me and I am so happy.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenny is THE BEST. I had a lot of work to be done on my dress: she ended up putting in cups, taking in the chest area, taking in the sides, and cutting off about 2 feet of dress! She was passionate about her work, explaining the process to me, and ensuring me she would carefully go through the layers of the dress to keep the original design/proportions of the dress. When she was finished, it looked as though the dress had been made and designed for someone of my size and proportions. A true sweetie and professional; thank you so so much Jenny!

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I found the alterations process to be frustrating on many levels (some of which are probably my own fault). I hope this review will help others.

I saw that Perfect Bride was very close to my house and had great reviews, so I called to make an appointment about 3 months before my wedding. Perfect Bridal is a one-woman show (and unfortunately I cannot remember her name). She answers the phone, makes the appointments, and does the alterations. She suggested that I come in about 6 weeks before my wedding, so I did. Looking back, I wish I would have made the appointment at least two months out, so that I would have had time to get quotes from other sources.

At our first meeting, we discussed the changes that would be made. First round of changes - bust. Second round - hem. I think language may have contributed to the major miscommunication we had about cost. She told me the estimate was $300, and I thought that was for the entire dress. I found out after she had done the bust that it was $300 for the bust and an additional $300 for the hem/bustle. The dress itself wasn't terribly expensive, so I thought $600 for alterations was absurd (and double my budget) - but what could I do 2 weeks before the wedding except continue?

In the end, the dress looked good, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted the dress to be tighter through the hips, but Perfect Bridal told me that she couldn't make it tighter because of the shape of the dress. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but the vendor who sold me the dress said that I would be able to alter it to be tighter. Perfect Bridal also put in size D cups - and I'm barely a B. Hey it looked great in pictures, but I was unsupported all day.

If I could do it all again, I would shop around for alterations. I would go to at least two people and get quotes in writing. I hope you have a better experience than I did!

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found the perfect dress, unfortunately it was off the rack and a size 10. Of course they told me the dress would look exactly like they had pulled and pinned it at the bridal store. This is not true. Not true unless you are working with Jenny. She worked on that dress and took it apart 3 times to make it my dream dress. I owe her so much, she made my dream dress a reality!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased the sample of my dress off the rack. I was a bit apprehensive on the buy because the sample size was a 10 and I'm a street size zero. I knew any alterations would be a major overhaul to get it to fit my petite frame. I was not going to skimp on picking the right vendor to do this job.

Jenny was so sweet and a pleasure to work with from the get go in the wedding dress alteration experience. I found her reviews on Yelp and they were just all glowing about her excellent work.

She was able to get the dress to fit me beautifully. The dress was silk organza, with tons of under layers to create a mermaid shape. She worked with all the elements like a pro and maintained the silhouette of the original design that I fell in love with.

She is also very flexible with meeting times for fittings, which is incredibly helpful for any bride who has a particularly busy schedule,

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenny is incredible!!! She is the ONLY person you should go to for your wedding dress alterations in Arizona--PERIOD. My wedding dress was a very complicated butterfly cut with a cathedral train and she took care of it in just a few weeks. The end result was perfection and my wedding day was magical because I was in my dream dress!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenny did the alterations for my wedding dress and I couldn't be more happy! She was soo sweet and helpful, she put a lot of work into my dress to make it fit just right! We had taken it to a different place initially for alternations and had a bad experience (long story short, I needed the waist taken in so that the tulle didnt "bunch", they said that it was impossibe yet somehow Jenny had no issue!) which led me to Perfect Bride Alterations. As my fittings progressed, she noticed some things that she could do to help the tulle lay flat.. this obvously created more work for her but never added charges to my bill-- I could tell that she was personally invested in making sure that it was perfect. She is a great seamstress, I would definitely recommend her to other brides!!

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenny is fabulous! She is so warm and friendly, you feel like your precious gown is in the best of hands - which, of course, it is! Her work is impeccable. You cannot go wrong choosing Perfect Bride for your wedding dress alterations!

• Wedding: 03/21/2013
602-381-8414
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire