Patchwork Catering

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Emily 3 Reviews
I don't know how we would have made it though our wedding planning and wedding day without Jacki and Patchwork! We met with Jacki and Tom several times in Baltimore and at our venue in Pennsylvania and they helped us not only with the food, but with all the rentals and planning items that we had not thought of. Having Patchwork handle the rental orders took a huge amount of stress off my shoulders and I am forever grateful for it!

The food was incredible - majority locally sourced and extremely accommodating to all of our varing food needs. We worked with Patchwork to come up with a "gormet picnic food menu", which all the guests raved about. My bridesmaids were vegan and gluten intolerant and were over the moon when Jacki made a vegan, gluten-free mac and cheese for them. The servers had appetizer plates made up especially for my husband and I (I have an egg allergy) so we never went hungry, no matter how much we moved around talking to people!

The quality of the food and all the time and effort Jacki and Tom and their staff put in made the cost well worth it. They are definitely the highest quality around! I could not have asked for better people to work with - so happy we chose Patchwork!
Wedding: 07/28/2012
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Patchwork was amazing! They were welcome to any ideas and had. When we shared our favorite food they made something that would be appropriate for a wedding. The food was so great we used veggies and the chicken from our farm and Patchwork was flexible with any last min change due to changes with season veggies.
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Private User 2 Reviews
Patchwork Catering put together an absolutely delicious, beautiful dinner for our wedding and thanks to their advice, ideas, and support, our reception was exactly what we dreamed. Their passion for great food and real sustainability shines through in everything they do. The professionalism, experience, originality, and friendly style that Patchwork brought to the process of planning our wedding made it so much more pleasurable and successful. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our partnership with Jacki and Tom, and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Frankly, if you’re looking for an awesome green caterer in the DC or Baltimore area, look no further. Even if you aren’t that into organic or local, but love amazing food, you should also check them out. I scrounged the region looking for a truly green caterer who wouldn’t cost a mint. Many other caterers offered some optional organic ingredients. Patchwork doesn’t just use organic ingredients; they know their farmers as friends and understand what’s involved in sustainable land management practices. This also means they’re aware of when particular crops will be available thereby enabling their menus to be fresh, seasonal, and local.

Jacki was great to brainstorm with – both ideas for a fabulous meal, as well as great ideas or choices for keeping within our budget. Her enthusiasm, creativity, and ability to collaborate got us excited, and then she was able to expertly guide us toward a menu that fit both our tastes and budget.

The food was fresh, bright, and decadently flavorful. Everyone loved it – from the meat-eaters to the vegans. It was hearty enough to fill us up, and yet not at all heavy. We had an October wedding, and the flavors reflected the season: one of our hors d’oeuvres was curried butternut squash polenta cakes topped with apple ginger chutney, and another was Gunpowder Bison hot Italian sausage in a maple-bourbon sauce. I can’t resist adding that we also had Cherry Glenn goat cheese crostini topped with housemade fig jam and microgreens salad. Doesn’t that sound ridiculous? It was. The flavors in the dishes were distinct and yet divinely harmonious. Dinner included oven-roasted chicken breasts with pumpkin mole sauce and roasted sweet potatoes with cider braised kale and lentils.

Everyone raved about the food, a bunch of people telling us it was the best reception meal they’d ever had. We had a number of vegetarians and a few vegans, and Patchwork crafted the menu to accommodate those guests beautifully. I hope you choose Patchwork for your catering needs. You won’t be disappointed, and you will probably have fun along the way.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jacki is awesome! She turned my wedding vision of heavy appetizers/tapas into a reality. Everyone at my wedding was complimenting the food. There was such a variety and I loved how much thought she put into making everything beautifully presented. I originally picked Patchwork because of their commitment to local foods and she certainly delivered. They even went further by using bamboo (sustainable material) and 100% recycled paper napkins. Even if you aren't looking for a "green" caterer, seriously put Patchwork on your list. Jacki was totally willing to make whatever food I wanted happen. She even learned how to make angel food cake from her grandmother's recipe for me. I knew all of the food would be amazing because Jacki takes such pride in what she does and really loves to work with flavors. If you are looking for a caterer that will step out of the wedding food cookie cutter form, give Jacki a ring. You will seriously not be disappointed!
Wedding: 09/24/2011
 443-312-2094
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire