PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

best venue is absolutely perfect for our big day exactly what we both wanted and the couple that runs the bed and breakfast is amazing. I would highly recommend you check out this venue it's perfect for an outdoor wedding.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Mr Patrick and Miss Jenna, Thank you very much for this kind review. We look forward to seeing you here many times. It is going to be GREAT!! Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There was no doubt in our minds that Palmetto Riverside Bnb was the right choice from the moment we met Wim and Meike. They are professionals with hearts who know what makes a great wedding. Their venue is beautiful and they pay attention to all the important details. We were treated like royalty as were our guests. We felt like family!! They even arranged to have a surprise 10 foot Eiffel Tower brought in at no extra charge!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast on May 30, 2015. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day at a more perfect venue. The innkeepers, Wim and Mieke, are exceptional! They provided assistance in anything that we asked. They make you feel right at home. Anything you need or want they will make happen. There was a great happy hour in the evening and wonderful homemade breakfasts every morning. The venue is gorgeous! It was definitely a dream come true to find a venue like this!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Erica and Jacob, thank you very much for taking the time and write this wonderful review for us. It has been an honor to having you with us while celebrating your Wedding with friends and family. Remember that you are always welcome, we hope to see you again soon. All the best and warm regards, Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as I walked around this beautiful venue with my now husband and Wim, one of the Innkeepers, I knew that day that this was going to be the venue for our wedding. This venue is unlike any other in the area. It is charming, romantic, and simply gorgeous. The B&B helped to create the tone that my husband and I were wanting on our wedding day. The flow of the venue was perfect for hosting the ceremony and reception at the same location. Not only is the property itself amazing, but the Innkeepers are a true pleasure to work with. They were extremely prompt and responsive to any questions we had throughout the planning process. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and very genuine people. Our family and friends had nothing but great things to say about the wedding ceremony and reception at the B&B. The historical looking homes, gorgeous view of the bay, and amazing tree on the front lawn really left a lasting impression. This venue will always hold a special place in my heart.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Kelsie and Rob, thank you very much for such an encouraging review! You have truly been so good to work for. Your friends and family were just as you and Mr Rob, extremely nice and friendly! We had a great time and thank you again for hosting your Wedding at our BnB. We were so pleased that our BnB will be in your hearts for the rest of your life! All the best and hope to see you again soon!! Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely PERFECT venue for an outdoor wedding. It truly could not have been better. Mieke and Wim (the owners) are so fabulous - I cannot say that enough. They are the sweetest, most professional wedding venue owners around. They got back to every email I sent quickly, allowed me and my family to come and visit any time in advance of the wedding for planning purposes, helped on the day of, and they even make you a scrumptious breakfast for you and your new hubby the morning after the wedding if you stay the night! It was SO PERFECT. Thank you Wim & Mieke! Thank you Palmetto B&B!! <3

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SIMPLY THE BEST ! Wim and Mieke are a couple from Belgium who own this bed and breakfast (and live just next door with their two daughters) and as soon as we walked on to the premises and met them we knew immediately this was our venue! Not only is this place beautiful, they are the nicest couple you will ever meet! They go above and beyond to take care of you as a couple and I also stayed there the night before with my bridesmaids and they did more than just accommodate us. With touches of chocolates, and roses, and wine left out for us there is just nowhere better to spend your wedding weekend! We can't wait to go stay there again for our one year wedding anniversary!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear friends, We are humbled to receiving your wonderful review. We have been lucky and blessed to being able to work for you for over a year, while helping you plan your most 'special'day. We have met many times while going over all details and this made it all come to a perfect day. Thank YOU! and always welcome as a BnB-guest. Hope to seeing you soon. With warm regards,
Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about Wim & Mieke. They are the most kind and hospitable people I have ever met. They went above and beyond on every point related to our wedding day, during planning and the on the day after our wedding as well. The B&B itself is absolutely gorgeous and comfortable and breakfast is delicious and in abundance! We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding and honeymoon. If you want a fabulous wedding, book the B&B! :)

Hi Rachel,
So good to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and your family. Thank you very much for the review with nice words. We really loved working with you and we will both treasure the wonderful memories of your big day. Would love to have some pics if you have. Always welcome back if you are in our area. Mieke & Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This location deserves more than 5 stars! What an incredible venue! I couldn't have asked for a better place to have the wedding of my dreams. As soon as I took a tour, I knew this was THE place. Even better than the venue were the owners Wim and Mieke. They truly are the sweetest, most professional, attentive and caring people we have met. They helped us through all of the planning from day one. Mieke even rushed to help when my dress tore at the hem. All of our guests were in love with the venue and our families loved spending the night in their suites, which are in immaculate condition. Even better was the breakfast the morning after. I am so glad we chose this gorgeous location for our big day. I'd do this over and over again and wouldn't change a thing!! Thank you Wim and Mieke! Love, Mr and Mrs Amengual.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear friends, waw!!... thank you so much for your warm review. Since day one we met you, it has been our outmost pleasure to working for you. A year of planning has gone by so quickly, but the good thing is that we will see you many more times as friends now! All the best and thank you again! Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been happier having my wedding at Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast! Wim and Mieka are the best and very helpful. We had both or ceremony and reception there. We did the Gold Package, so we had the whole bed and breakfast to ourselves for the entire weekend, which included 6 rooms for 12 guests plus THE BEST breakfast ever. They are very accommodating and you're allowed to bring in any vendors that you choose. Although I had a wedding planner, they were extremely helpful and liked to be kept in the loop about your planning. They even let me come down a few times to look at set ups of other weddings! I highly recommend the Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast for your wedding. They have different packages to suite your needs/ wants and budget! Pictures don't do this historic home justice, you need to make a trip out there. You won't be disappointed!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Kaitlin, Tyler and family. Mieke and myself would like to THANK YOU very much for your raving review. Just as you, we ourselves had a great time hosting you and your family during your fantastic Wedding weekend. We hope to have you soon again as our BnB-guests. See you soon and warm regards. Mieke and Wim

Mark
11/05/2014

A beautiful venue which provided the perfect backdrop for our wedding.
We live in the UK and as such we were very reliant on the excellent service provided by the owners, Wim & Meike. They were a huge help to us in the planning stages and throughout our wedding. We relied on them greatly to recommend the various vendors we could use, including the officiant, florist, caterers and photographer. When we had questions, they answered promptly and on many occasion they really went the extra mile to help and ensure that our minds were put at ease, They really helped take a lot of the stress involved in planning our wedding away from us.
The venue itself is stunning and kept in an immaculate condition. The lawn at the front of the house, on which we were married, leads down to the Manattee river which provided a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony.
There were 26 of us in total and we felt the venue was the right size not to overwhelm our party, but instead it gave the wedding a lovely, intimate feel. We took all 6 rooms in the evening too and these were all of a very high standard, as was the lovely breakfast the owners put on for us in the morning.
All of our guests commented on how good they thought the venue was, so I really couldn't recommend the place highly enough.
Palmetto Riverside B&B will always hold a special place in our hearts and we look forward to visiting again and saying hello to Wim and Meike when we are next in Florida.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Mr Mark and Mrs Hannah, so good to hearing that you had a great time celebrating your Wedding at our BnB. Thank you very much for such warm and kind comments, we loved having you and certainly hope to seeing you here again during your next Florida trip. Best regards to your families please! Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am not sure where to begin. Wim, Mieke, and their two daughters are a beautiful family inside and out. I love that the B&B is family owned and it has more of a personal feel rather than a hotel chain. The first thing that drew us to use this location for our wedding venue was the view. The Bed and Breakfast itself is gorgeous and the view of the Manatee River from the yard is perfect, just what we were looking for. Once we met Wim and Mieke, the innkeepers, we had a whole new reason for choosing Palmetto Riverside B&B as our wedding venue. They are so sweet, they feel like family from the moment you meet them. They have been so helpful during our planning stages, any question or concern was answered right away.

We had family members from out of town who stayed at the b&b for our wedding weekend. They loved it! They were so impressed by with their rooms and the hospitality from Wim & Mieke. I thought it was nice to be able to have family stay at our venue and they were able to join in on some of the fun before the wedding.

Everything was beautiful, Wim and Mieke made sure that everything went smoothly the day of our wedding. We absolutely fell in love with the grounds, B&b, and of course Wim & Mieke's outstanding hospitality. The European style breakfast the morning after the wedding was to die for!!!!!!!! You must have the Belgian waffles.

We are so happy we had our wedding at the Bed & Breakfast. We hope to return soon. I think it is so nice that we also can go back and stay there for an anniversary in the future.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Nina, thank you very much for your lovely review. Waw, we had so much fun having you staying at the BnB during the weekend. You have such nice friends and family! We LOVED having you and hope to seeing you again for another stay with us. All the best in life! The Lippens family

Robin
09/27/2014

We found the venue online. It was EXACTLY what we were looking for. Beautiful... at home but a luxurious feel... something different than every other wedding we had been to. And as much as we LOVED the B&B... imagine if you can that we LOVED the owners even more! This place is so much more than you can believe. Everything about it was PERFECT. Wim and Mieke could not have made my experience more wonderful. Our immediate family stayed at the Bed and Breakfast with us... and they have been raving about it ever since. Not to mention our wedding guests gushing over how amazing the event there was. From the accommodations to the execution of my wedding... not a single thing went wrong and nothing was overlooked. This place is a MUST! If I could do it all again, no matter now large or small my budget, I would be back at the Bed & Breakfast having the best day of my life!!!!!!!!! Thank you for making me feel this way since day one. xoxo

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear families, it is an honor for us to receiving such a nice review. We LOVED having you as our guests and are looking very forward to getting together soon again. GREAT MEMORIES indeed!!! Fam. Lippens

Private User
Recently Married

Was the perfect venue for us, for our families and our friends! We stayed the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of our wedding which allowed us to share an AMAZING breakfast together and with our parents and grandparents every morning. On the day of the wedding both the bridal and grooms party got ready at the B&B which made it so easy for photographs and making sure everyone was together and where they needed to be. The ceremony was PERFECT. The reception was so much fun. We could go on and on about this special place. The owners, WIm and Mieke, were amazing during the whole process. They were involved in making sure everything was perfect from start to finish. We can't wait to go back for a visit!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear families, we were honored to have you at our BnB. Meeting your grandparents, listening to their funny stories, etc... we will remember this for a long time :) We hope all the best for you in the future and look forward to your next visit, indeed! Fondly, Mieke and Wim

Private User
Recently Married

Words cannot really express what a magical location this is for a wedding. The grounds, accommodations, and hosts are exceptional. My entire family stayed there for the weekend and we had an amazing time. Mieke and Wim are warm and take care of everything from the moment you begin your journey. I could not imagine a better wedding day or better venue. Thank you for a wonderful day!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear families, It has been our pleasure to working for you for almost a year of planning. Thank you very much for your kind review, it was great to having you as our guests. Always welcome at our home! Sincerely yours, Fam. Lippens

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When you know, you just know. My husband and I knew that having our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside B&B was the right choice for us immediately. Being an out of town couple, a lot of our research was done online. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the stunningly beautiful Palmetto Riverside B&B. It was a dream come true, a breath of fresh air, the most perfect place to have a wedding. I had to contact them to see if they were available. Wim & Mieke immediately responded and within hours welcomed my parents to their beautiful b&b and we immediately fell in love. Everything was perfect and we are so lucky to have had our wedding there.

Mieke & Wim are the most warm and welcoming people you will ever meet, and they truly care about each and every one of their brides and grooms as well as their guests. They are professional, prompt, so thoughtful, and keep their venue in immaculate condition. They routinely went above and beyond leading up to our wedding and on the day of to provide us stellar service, and for that I am eternally grateful.

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear Allison and families, It is a real honor to receiving this wonderful review from you. We as well as you and your guests, had a delightful time during your Wedding weekend. We look already ahead to seeing your parents AND you here again as our return guests. Success in your lives and all what you do. Fondly, Mieke and Wim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony at the B&B. I stayed there the evening before the wedding with the bridesmaids. My husband and I spent our wedding night at the B&B and our immediate family also stayed after the wedding.
Wim and Mieke played large roles in making our wedding weekend absolutely perfect. From the moment we met them and saw the B&B we knew it was the perfect spot for our ceremony. They went above and beyond our expectations and truly know the meaning of hospitality. Every last detail was considered and we cannot thank them enough.
We had a very large rehearsal dinner (over 100 guests) and Wim and Mieke were so involved and were extremely helpful the day of the dinner. They also cook the best breakfast you will ever have and present the meals beautifully. On the day of the ceremony they were constantly working and helping to coordinate with the other vendors to make sure things went smoothly. They were also very responsive leading up to the wedding via email and phone and accommodated all of my requests. They made everything so special for us and made everyone that entered the doors to the B&B feel welcome and comfortable. In addition to being wonderful hosts, the rooms are absolutely spectacular and the house is impeccably clean.
We highly recommend the B&B for a wedding or any event!

PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:

Dear friends, we have been delighted very much with your kind words to our venue and our services. You gave us the chance to working for you for over 1 year of planning and it has really been such a great experience getting to know you and your families. Remember that if you travel to Florida from your home up North, we always have a chilled wine in the refrigerator to open upon your arrival! All the best and see you soon. Mieke and Wim