PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
best venue is absolutely perfect for our big day exactly what we both wanted and the couple that runs the bed and breakfast is amazing. I would highly recommend you check out this venue it's perfect for an outdoor wedding.
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Dear Mr Patrick and Miss Jenna, Thank you very much for this kind review. We look forward to seeing you here many times. It is going to be GREAT!! Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 11/28/2015
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When you know, you just know. My husband and I knew that having our wedding at the Palmetto Riverside B&B was the right choice for us immediately. Being an out of town couple, a lot of our research was done online. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the stunningly beautiful Palmetto Riverside B&B. It was a dream come true, a breath of fresh air, the most perfect place to have a wedding. I had to contact them to see if they were available. Wim & Mieke immediately responded and within hours welcomed my parents to their beautiful b&b and we immediately fell in love. Everything was perfect and we are so lucky to have had our wedding there.

Mieke & Wim are the most warm and welcoming people you will ever meet, and they truly care about each and every one of their brides and grooms as well as their guests. They are professional, prompt, so thoughtful, and keep their venue in immaculate condition. They routinely went above and beyond leading up to our wedding and on the day of to provide us stellar service, and for that I am eternally grateful.
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Dear Allison and families, It is a real honor to receiving this wonderful review from you. We as well as you and your guests, had a delightful time during your Wedding weekend. We look already ahead to seeing your parents AND you here again as our return guests. Success in your lives and all what you do. Fondly, Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony at the B&B. I stayed there the evening before the wedding with the bridesmaids. My husband and I spent our wedding night at the B&B and our immediate family also stayed after the wedding.
Wim and Mieke played large roles in making our wedding weekend absolutely perfect. From the moment we met them and saw the B&B we knew it was the perfect spot for our ceremony. They went above and beyond our expectations and truly know the meaning of hospitality. Every last detail was considered and we cannot thank them enough.
We had a very large rehearsal dinner (over 100 guests) and Wim and Mieke were so involved and were extremely helpful the day of the dinner. They also cook the best breakfast you will ever have and present the meals beautifully. On the day of the ceremony they were constantly working and helping to coordinate with the other vendors to make sure things went smoothly. They were also very responsive leading up to the wedding via email and phone and accommodated all of my requests. They made everything so special for us and made everyone that entered the doors to the B&B feel welcome and comfortable. In addition to being wonderful hosts, the rooms are absolutely spectacular and the house is impeccably clean.
We highly recommend the B&B for a wedding or any event!
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Dear friends, we have been delighted very much with your kind words to our venue and our services. You gave us the chance to working for you for over 1 year of planning and it has really been such a great experience getting to know you and your families. Remember that if you travel to Florida from your home up North, we always have a chilled wine in the refrigerator to open upon your arrival! All the best and see you soon. Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When Annette and I arrived unexpectedly at the B&B. Wim, the inn keeper met us with a welcome that not one other venue could compare to ! Now remember we did not have an appointment , funny thing I hadn't proposed to Annette yet ! Wim showed us everything i.e. , rooms, the residence , the grounds . When we left Wim his wife Mieke had us so comfortable that there was no doubt The Riverside Bed & Breakfast was THE PLACE !!!!! A year later we showed up and Wim remembered US ! In a time when there is "stress" Wim and Mieke listened to every detail and truly cared about everything and adjusted to any and all request. Over the short time that we were in the care of Wim and Mieke they became our friends !
The Inn is so well maintained and decorated to the time we barely used any " decorations " we felt adding would take away from the what Wim and Mieke have so elegantly provided.
Even though all great experiences must end , Annette and I are truly forever gracious to Wim , Mieke and The Riverside Bed and Breakfast for the most memorable experience to start our life together !
As a side note one of our guest reserved a room , that night for his 31st wedding anniversary !
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a real pleasure to meeting you from day one and helping you to make your Wedding date very memorable for you and your guests. We look forward to having you as our return guests in the near future so we can talk about all the lovely memories. It was Great!
Wedding: 04/27/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wim and Mieke, the owners of this quaint, but refined bed and breakfast on the Manatee river, provided thorough guidance throughout the 10 months leading up to the big day. Thanks to their warm personalities, their extensive knowledge and networking in the wedding industry and their extreme professionalism my daughter's wedding day was the unique, quaint, vintage, yet highly polished and professional event that she wanted.

With just over 75 guests, this venue was the perfect setting for both ceremony and reception. The glorious old oak tree out front overlooking the Manatee River was festooned with a simple drape of fabric and a chandelier under which the bride and groom exchanged their vows. Afterwards, guests walked to the patio behind the house where a buffet dinner was served. The patio area with side lawn area was more than large enough to accommodate bar, welcome tables, guest tables and dance floor, even considering that at the last minute, due to questionable weather we had to place a tent over the pavered patio.

But aside from the logistics being right on at this 1918 venue, the venue itself is breathtaking...especially if you are looking for a vintage or unique, intimate setting for an event. From the interior rooms which have been completely updated without sacrificing an ounce of authenticity and warmth to the grounds which feature a mix of tropical and well established plants and trees, The Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast is quite simply perfect!!!

Guests are still raving to me about my daughter's beautiful wedding, but none of it would have been possible without the personal touches, care and attention provided by Wim and Mieke at their beautiful bed and breakfast on the river.
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Dear Mrs Lee, what can we say after reading your wonderful wonderful comments. We are truly honored and humble for all that you write about our BnB. It is so much fun to doing this. Thank you so much for being able to work for you and your daughter on this most special day!! It has been great. We look forward to seeing you here as a return guest in the future. Our sincere regards and all the best! Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 04/19/2014

Private User 4 Reviews
There is not enough time or space here nor the proper words to describe just how amazing Wim, Mieke and their beautiful B&B are. Their endless flexibility, generosity and hospitality were incredibly heart warming and made us so happy to have chosen this venue for our wedding. My family spent the night before our wedding with me at the B&B. The house is immaculate. Breakfast was superb both mornings we were there. The property is extremely well maintained and very peaceful. There were several things that were not planned out perfectly on our side, but Wim and Mieke were extremely accommodating and helpful and everything turned out perfect in the end. They were even able to arrange for a bell to ring as soon as we were pronounced which made the moment absolutely perfect! I would highly recommend booking the Palmetto Riverside B&B for any event (book well in advance!) and look forward to staying there in the future! Thanks Wim and Mieke!
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you wrote us. We really hope you will be back to see us whenever you are in the area or on your Anniversary. All the best in married life and please pass our regards to your family and friends.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment I met Wim & Mieke and saw the wedding venue I knew this was the perfect place to get married. It is the most beautiful wedding venue and Wim & Mieke are the most wonderful and professional people we could ask to work with. The quality of service is astounding and they truly made our wedding a magical experience.
Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This Venue is by far, the most beautiful place a couple can get married. From the grounds to the living quarters and even the owners, absolutely SUPERB!!! We could not have asked for a better Venue. The owners, Wim and Mieke, are very professional and accommodating. This Venue is a must see. The pictures you find online do not reflect the true beauty of this Venue. If you are a bride seeking a very special place for your wedding, you MUST check this Venue out. I guarantee you will not be let down. Our wedding was everything we imaged and we couldn't have done it without the help of our new friends, Wim and Mieke. We will be returning very soon!

Oh and BTW...the breakfast that is prepared the next morning is absolutely amazing!!!! All homemade by the owners themselves. Thank you Palmetto Riverside B&B we LOVE you and your Venue!!

J&M Voyles
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Dear Mr and Mrs Voyles, thank you for your wonderful review. The best for us is that we feel so special that you call us "friends". That is a great honor and truly....this is why we love what we do! See you soon and ALWAYS welcome! With our warmest regards. The Lippens
Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just could not imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. This place is nothing short of a gem. Wim & his wife Mieke are two of the most amazing, helpful, dedicated hosts on the planet. They made sure Dennis and I were always taken care of and our guests were left wanting of nothing! We are so happy we chose the BnB for our wedding weekend and have already booked our return trip for our 1 year anniversary. Happy Bride, Happy Groom, Happy Family & Happy Friends.
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you very much for the nice words. We are happy to have such good new friends from the other coast. We will see you next year for your Anniversary or earlier.
Wedding: 01/11/2014

Beth &Jeremy 4 Reviews
we LOVE palmetto riverside B&B - my husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the B&B in December, 2013. It is an beautiful piece of property, the view is outstanding, and the location was ideal for our guests. The owners, Wim & Mieke, are absolutely wonderful - their hospitality was outstanding. They made our wedding day and our time spent at the B&B so special.They attended to every detail and made sure that the rehearsal, wedding, and reception went as smooth as possible. The experience of staying at the B&B added so much to our wedding weekend and we are over the top happy with having chosen Palmetto Riverside B&B. My husband and I are looking forward to going back and staying with them again in the near future!
Dear Friends,
We are delighted with your lovely comments in regards to your experience while staying at our Bed and Breakfast during your Wedding Weekend. It was truly an amazing Wedding. Just beautiful!
We are already looking forward to your next visit. Always welcome any time! Your hosts, Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What can I say about Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast??? It is the most beautiful place ever to get married! We are lucky that we found such an amazing and beautiful wedding, it really made our entire wedding perfect.

The pictures on their website don’t really do it justice; you should go there in person to really get a feel for it. The innkeepers, Wim and Meike, are just as amazing as the bed and breakfast! They are not only so nice and sweet but so helpful and accommodating. They were there since day one, answering any and all of my questions and providing suggestions to make the day perfect. Wim would email me back within an hour every time. I loved that! I also met with him about 2 weeks before and he sat down with me and we went over all the details. They also helped my wedding coordinator setup and decorate.

The actual bed and breakfast is gorgeous! I stayed the night before in the downstairs suite which was an excellent idea because I just woke up and was already there, in the room where I would be getting my hair and makeup done. We bought the package where we had all of the rooms for the night of the wedding which was really nice because we stayed there along with our immediate family. Oh and the actual breakfast?? Soooooo yummy!!! Best breakfast I have ever had.

The scenery for the ceremony, under the tree and on the water, is breathtaking! And the courtyard for the ceremony is great! I was nervous it would be tight with over 100 guests but it wasn’t at all. We had plenty of room for the tables and dance floor.
The only downfall is the lack of hotels nearby. I reserved rooms at the closest hotel, Marriott Courtyard, but it filled up fast and many of our guests had to drive a bit further for their hotels. But I hear a new hotel close by will be opening up soon!

If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your wedding, check this place out!
Dear friends,
Wow... we are so thankful for such a wonderful review. Likewise for us, your entire stay, meeting your very nice family and friends, made it a perfect Wedding time. The pleasure working for you from the first day of planning until the actual Wedding day, was a great experience for us. Thank you again and all the best in the future of your life!! Mieke and Wim
Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't have asked for a better venue; from the moment we walked into this exquisite bed and breakfast, we could envision our special day before our eyes. The Palmetto riverside bed and breakfast made our wedding the perfect day it was. We rented the house for the weekend and, therefore, were able to spend precious time with our family. Wim, Mieke and their beautiful girls became part of our family that weekend too and were so helpful, accommodating and hospitable. We truly felt at home. This is the place to get married; we can not say enough and we will be back for anniversaries! Book fast as this hidden charm fills quickly! Can't wait to return.... Jillian and Adam Chaykin
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
It has been an honor to work for you during one of your most memorable days (weekends) in your life. We as well had a great time during the time you were here with us and we look very forward to see you again and look at the pictures from your wedding! Hope you have a lovely vacation trip! With kindest regards to you and your families/friends!!
Wedding: 09/21/2013

Liz 5 Reviews
Absolutely floored with the personal touches and attention to detail Wim provides! There is no better place to get married or stay for a romantic getaway!
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your raving review. You are both truly an amazing couple and your family and friends are too. Thank you for hosting your Wedding with us and we look ahead to your next visit with us as one of our BnB guests! Warmest regards!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the pleasure of staying with Wim and Mieke for both Friday and Saturday. We booked the whole B and B so our wedding party could stay with us. I can safely say that this was THE place to have our wedding. We knew as soon as we walked through the door that this is where we were going to be married. Wim and Mieke treat you like family as soon as you call... Very accommodating, the food they make for you is out of this world. They worked with us to help plan the wedding too! They are like a part of the family and we plan on returning as soon as possible (hurry, this place fills up fast!!!).

Drs Mark and Colleen Shank
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you both so much for taking the time to review us about your experience at the BnB. We really hope you stop by next time you are in the area ! Have a wonderful honeymoon in September and we wish you lots of happiness in the future. Mieke and Wim Lippens
Wedding: 06/29/2013

jodi 7 Reviews
My husband and I cannot say enough kind words about the Palmetto Riverside Bed & Breakfast and the owners, Wim and Mieke. The venue is absolutely stunning and the owners are so hospitable. I would highly recommend this location for an outdoor wedding! We will be coming back for anniversaries in the future!
PALMETTO RIVERSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST responded with the following comments:
Thank you very much for the nice words we received on our review. Also from our side, we enjoyed working with you to make your day unforgettable. Hope you both will be back to celebrate your Anniversary or other occasions.
Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Despite the rain, it did not dampen the great experience of my daughter's wedding. Wim and Mieke were so wonderful and helpful rearranging our venue to reorganize our wedding during the rain, making it an experience we will always cherish and never forget. The place is beautiful, but Wim and Mieke are unforgettable and the most gracious hosts one will ever find. Thanks Wim and Mieke for all you did for my family!

Phil and Judy Miller
DEAR FAMILY,
IT HAS BEEN OUR GREAT PLEASURE TO WORK FOR YOU DURING THE WEEKEND OF YOUR DAUGHTER. YOUR WONDERFUL REVIEW IS SO APPRECIATED BY US. WE CHERISH YOUR FAMILY VERY MUCH AND HOPE TO HAVE YOU AS OUR RETURN GUEST IN THE FUTURE. SINCERELY YOURS, MIEKE AND WIM
Wedding: 06/08/2013
 941-981-5331
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire