Music In Motion Entertainment

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Music in Motion did a great job DJing our wedding! We are so impressed with Mike and would recommend him to anyone! We were very nervous about our selection because a DJ can truly make or break an event.. We were not disappointed! Our guests loved our music selection.. Mike certainly gets the crowd involved and creates a party! Thank you Mike for making our wedding the talk of the year!!

shorebride105
3.8

Aaron was our DJ at our recent wedding. He was kind and professional. Since we live out of state from our wedding, we didn't get to meet him in person until the wedding, but had a some great conversations over the phone to finalize details and make sure were were on the same page. MiM has an online tool to input all of your logistics, song requests, etc. which is really helpful. We also provided Aaron a separate list of music, which for the most part, he stuck to. While there were a handful of songs we wouldn't personally have chosen, out guests were out on the dance floor having a blast, so we can't complain there! He specifically made sure to not play any songs on our Do Not Play list, even when guests requested them, which we really appreciated. Aaron did a great job of keeping guests happy, dancing, and up to speed on the evening's events, but wasn't too invasive either. Before our wedding he asked us how involved we wanted him to be- and it was perfect! MiM is a large and busy company, so it sometimes was tough to get in touch with the right person- not the DJ for you if you need answers ASAP, but we always had our questions answered eventually. They have lighting, photography, JP, live music, video svcs as well- and pricing is certainly comparable or better than other local companies. Thanks for helping to make our wedding memorable!

Recently Married

Gerald Myles was the DJ at our wedding, and was PHENOMENAL. Gerald is contracted by Music in Motion in case they need extra DJs that day. Gerald was extremely professional and provided very high quality service. He called as soon as we booked to introduce himself, and at our meeting, he demonstrated a wonderful sense of organization. I immediately trusted him. We asked for a mix of music from crooner jazz, to classic rock, to top 40. Gerald nailed the vision, providing an eclectic mix of music. The dance floor was packed, and many of our guests told us what a fun party we threw, in part because of Gerald. He can absolutely read the energy in the room. My mom also noted that Gerald was not overbearing or showy, and kept the night's events running smoothly. I can't say enough wonderful things about Gerald and how much I truly appreciate the job well done.

As for Music in Motion, I do have a few grievances. When we showed up for our very first meeting, the owner initially failed to show up, and we stood outside the building, unable to reach anyone by phone. He happened to stop by to get his mail after we had waited for about 10 minutes, and had written down the meeting for the wrong day. However, the meeting went well, and we decided to choose MinM because of the affordability and the convenient planning tool. The online tool certainly did make planning easy for us.

Additionally, a month before, we received an automated email saying that we needed to schedule an appointment to go over details, which we did. However, the day before, I decided to call because I thought that it was strange that we would be meeting with someone in the office instead of our DJ. The owner told us that we should cancel our meeting and instead make one with Gerald. I'm glad I didn't show up and end up wasting my time. They can definitely afford to be more organized in the office.

Ultimately, I would suggest that you book Gerald through his own business, Myles of Sound.

3.6

They did a good job but had some problems. We requested a special dance and they said they didn't know anything about it. Everything has to be in the on-line planner or else you won't get what u want.

Services Used: DJ

They were amazing! Their online planner made it easy to communicate what we wanted and also gave great ideas for songs! We didn't want to deal with picking all the songs, so we gave them free rein(you can also put together a must play, can play, and don't play list if you want). They did amazing with everything including the music for the ceremony, the introductions, first dance, parent dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter and open dance and everything in between. They got everyone involved...all ages from 2-80! All in all wonderful DJs! I highly recommend them for any event!

Recently Married

I just don't know where to start. All my fears and my worries were gone the day of my wedding.. You truly outdid yourself. I am speechless on how beautiful you made my special day. Everyone had a great time and I appreciated the variety of music you played. I looked around to see if any one was bored and not a single person was sitting. You can really make a crowed dance and party! During the night I had so many of my guests asking how I found such a great DJ. I hope you kept your cards out!!! I also appreciated your professionalism and years of experience. Many of my friends are getting married and they are looking for a great DJ. We are looking forward to seeing you again at my husbands birthday. I have no doubt that to will be a great hit. Thank you again for all your help in planning, and making my day so special. (not to mention calming my fears) I cant thank you enough and cant get over how beautiful my day was.

Thank you so much!!!!! all the best

Recently Married

Miguel from Music in Motion was fantastic! Kept the party hopping all night, made sure people were on the dance floor and having fun. He also brought uplighting, which brought even more color into my venue!

Recently Married

The dance floor was packed the entire time through our wedding night. They played all the music we selected and never deviated. The music made the night. Thank you. The professionalism was profound - a lot of attention to detail.

Recently Married

Music in Motion was phenomenal. All the staff and Mike, the owner, were so professional, accommodating, and incredibly helpful during the planning process. The online music planner was easy to use and made our planning even easier! Mike had great energy at the wedding and really knows how to read a crowd. Our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! Mike was also wonderful in the fact that he coordinated everything with our photographer and venue. Everything flowed so smoothly...we even had guests come up and compliment us on it.

We also had the architectural lighting, which was gorgeous. We had purple during dinner service, then the lights changed color during the rest of the reception (party time!) Not only was it beautiful, but my photographers and guests loved it because of the constant background changes in pictures.

Finally, we also had the photobooth. Our guests loved it! They had the option of taking pictures or leaving us a video. For pictures, they also got to choose whether they wanted black and white or color. They got to keep a copy, and our copy was placed in a beautiful custom guest book, provided by music in motion. We also received a flash drive with all of the pictures and videos on it for us to keep.

I am so pleased with Music in Motion. They are amazing and I highly recommend any of their services!

Recently Married

I could not have been more pleased with the services from DJ Mike. Music in Motion was recommended to us by a few different people an we could not have been more impressed. All of our guest had a great time, and we will never forget our reception and wedding day! We will recommend you to anyone who is looking for a DJ.

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
2.2

We got a really good price but I'm not sure it was worth it. The photo booth and lighting were great, but the DJ made several mistakes. It was the only piece of my wedding day that I was upset with. He played the wrong song for the father daughter dance and didn't stick to the timeline that we had gone over with him beforehand. I guess you get what you pay for.

Recently Married

Music In Motion had handled our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased. I was very particular in the music prior to the ceremony, during and especially after. They were PERFECT! Better than I expected. We were thrilled from beginning to end. We were a 60 year old couple getting married for the second time and had an age group from 3yrs old to 90 yrs old. Every single person was dancing. From classical to rock to rap to big band, they did it all, and very well, I might add. Just perfect in every way..............................Simply the Best

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Recently Married

I had the pleasure of working with Music in Motion for my wedding in September 2013 and couldn't have been more pleased. We used their services for the ceremony, reception and photo booth. Mike took control of the whole event as promised and we couldn't have been happier with the whole experience. Our guests were impressed too. A couple in our bridal party even booked them for their wedding. I highly recommend Music in Motion when you want more than just an average DJ!

Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Jewelry, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

My Husband and I used Music in Motion Entertainment as our Wedding DJ. We were extremely happy with the service we received. From the beginning planning stages to the actual wedding Mike was very professional and accommodating. The Online Planning tool that we used was fantastic. We were even able to add specific music that is not typically available for weddings. Music in Motion Entertainment also did the music and sound for our Ceremony. Mike collaborated with our JP and Maitre d to assure that the music was exactly what we wanted and the timing was perfect for the entrance of our BridalParty. Our reception went off without a hitch. Mike was awesome with the microphone, keeping our reception fun, upbeat and keeping it moving. There was never a dull moment or a time during our entire reception where there was less than 10 people on the dance floor (some who had never danced at a wedding before). Our guests all told us that we had one of the most fun weddings they have been to. We also got the architectural lighting, dance floor lighting and Photo booth. The lighting took our wedding to a whole new level. The lights changed with the music, setting the tone for each song and keeping everyone energized. Our guests said they loved the Photo Booth (as evidenced by their hilarious pictures). Overall I would recommend Music in Motion Entertainment to anyone. This is more than just a DJ company, with Music In Motion Entertainment you can be assured that your event will be a blast!

Services Used: DJ

We had experienced Music in Motion first hand at my husband's sister's wedding and after attending a wedding a year later with a DJ that made a few mistakes we realized the importance of having a superb DJ. We met with Mike and knew that he was who we wanted as our DJ. We were able to choose all of our songs for all of the special moments online at our leisure and also build playlists and the equally important "do not play" lists. We also had Mike provide the uplighting for our room, it brought the reception to a whole new level and everyone loved the color changes. We also rented a photobooth from Music in Motion, our guests loved the uniqueness of this addition, and at the the end of the night we were handed the guest book as well as the usb drive of every single picture! It was so fun to go through and look at all of the funny pictures and videos that people left for us!

Services Used: DJ

Just wanted to take the time out to give recognition to Tom Pace Videographer with Music in Motion. He such a pleasure to work with! From calling in before the wedding and getting all the information to make sure he got all the good shots, to be being almost invisible during the wedding and still getting EVERY single shot and even afterwards with providing an amazing video for my family and friends to have forever.

I questioned getting a video for my wedding, but am so ecstatic that I choose to go ahead with having a videographer through music in motion. For an amazing price I got memories that will last forever. I loved the attention afterwards with the follow-up of when he was sending out the video and after I received the video to make sure we were happy.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Videography