New Haven, New Haven, CT 06513 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 49
  • Deals 2

About Collins Entertainment

Collins Entertainment is a CT and Western MA DJ service offering MC entertainment, Mirror Me Booth, Photo Booth, lighting décor, wedding planning and more. They specialize in personalized planning to create an event that fits your style and will be remembered by you, your friends and family for years to come. Collins Entertainment will assist you in searching for additional vendors and ensure that the event runs smoothly. They are committed to providing great-value entertainment services in custom-designed packages that fit your budget and style. Owner Jim Collins has been in the entertainment business since 1992 and offers the passion and professionalism to make your event one you will never forget.

Collins Entertainment wedding services include:

Collins Entertainment 1
  • Lauren

Lauren Bennett · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! Highly reccomend

:::Attention::: -If you are in search for an awesome DJ/Master of ceremonies for your wedding, look no further!! Collins Entertainment is the one for you!!
    They did our wedding a little over a week ago and we absolutely loved them. We got comment after comment from our guests telling us how much they loved the music and entertainment we had. Jim Collins and his assistant Kevin did a great job and we can’t thank them enough for helping us create our vision! About a year in a half before our wedding date we were in search for a DJ for our wedding and then I came across “Collins Entertainment” and I just knew we had to book them! We still had a whole year and a half before the big day but I’m really good at reading people and my instincts sure were right! I am so happy that we booked them so early because not only did it secure our date, but also put us at ease. Just talking with Jim gave me confidence that our night would be awesome!
    He’s not only a DJ but a master of ceremonies as well. He helped with the timeline of the wedding and gives you an internet data base to organize your vision, save songs you want played etc. It’s a great and easy to use computer system that really helped us out with all the planning! After talking first with him on the phone we set up a time to Skype so he could get to know us a little more and talk about a plan.
    We then set up a time to meet at a Panara to chat in person. I loved meeting with him because while planning a wedding you have so many thoughts and ideas running through your mind, it’s good to get them all out in the open to the guy who is creating your wedding! We Skyped one more time before the day to finalize everything and go through the timeline and order of events. Jim kept in contact our entire engagement and answered any questions or concerns we had. Even though we were a year and a half out, he kept in contact and was so excited to help! His professionalism and personality was definitely something to remember.
    We had so many ideas for songs and he made all those ideas that I thought were impossible, happen! Literally can’t thank them enough for the time they put into our vision.
    Throughout the whole wedding he is announcing things and keeping the guests up and enjoying the night with your music selections that you picked along with his expertise. He’s very good at reading the crowd and knowing which songs to play at what time. He even came up to our sweetheart table during the night to check on us to see if he could do anything for us which was so nice! All of our other vendors loved them too and said he was great to work with.
    He definitely knows his stuff since he’s done so many different weddings, I trusted him when he gave me advice on things I was questioning. He did an anniversary dance and called up couples who were married 1 year, 5 year, 10 years etc and kept calling them up and to put an even better twist on it, he used my parents wedding song and my now husband’s parents wedding song for this special idea. My mom and mother in-law definitely had a good happy cry and loved that we did that!
    After telling him as a kid that I used to make up silly raps just joking around for fun he game me the bride, the confidence to rap at our wedding lol! -
    He is just full of ideas and it really shows in his work that he truly loves what he does!!
    Collins Entertainment is the absolute BEST, and that’s a fact.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Meg

Meg Britton · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect experience from start to finish

Jim was so warm and personable and really helped us figure out what we wanted and followed through with absolute perfection. I was very picky and wanted specific versions of songs and even wanted my intro timed to a specific part of a song and he pulled it off perfectly. He totally understood the vibe we wanted and carried that through the entire night. Everyone told me it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. With all the stress of wedding planning it was so great not having to worry about the music because from the first conversation we had with Jim we were 100% confident in him. Very nice guy, professional, and he just gets it!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Collins Entertainment 2

Collins Entertainment's reply:

Meg and Neil!

Thanks so much for letting us be a part of such a magical day! I loved learning about how you met at the birthday party at Foxwoods and how later that led to hilltop proposal at Henry Park! Your first dance to Van Morrison’s “Crazy Love” was beautiful. All the best to you both!

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

So GREAT to work with!

Jim was referred to us by a family member and we are so thankful. He is so easy to work with, listed to everything we wanted and made the night as perfect as we could hope for. He created a beautiful room with uplighting, and was very accommodating to our various song requests throughout the evening. The photo booth was, as it always is, a huge hit. The fact that we got copies of everyone's photos is so exciting, and make for some fun thank you cards! He also gave GREAT ideas for songs, introduced us to some great artists and knew exactly what to play and when. Thank you to Jim and everyone at Collins Entertainment!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Collins Entertainment's reply:

Heather and Anthony,

So glad to be part of your special day! Your dad loved “The Rainbow Connection” dedication during dinner. Nate’s Rupaul dance to Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies was EPIC!! Jim

Collins Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,395.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40, South Asian

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Collins Entertainment 1
    Seasonal Wedding Discount
    Collins Entertainment offer a discount if you book with us for a wedding date in the months of December, January, February or March (December 31 is not included). Please call 860-670-4986 and ask about our Seasonal Wedding Discount.
  • Collins Entertainment 2
    Monday through Thursday Discounts
    Monday through Thursday Discounts Collins Entertainment offer a discount if you book a weekday or weeknight wedding with us (Monday - Thursday). Please call 860-670-4986 today and ask about our Monday through Thursday Discounts.

• Anthony Tomassi Photography
    Anthony Tomassi Photography Wedding Photographers

Fantastic DJ!

• Eva's Weddings
    Eva's Weddings Wedding Officiants

Jim Collins Entertainment is amazing! I recently officiated a ceremony where he was the DJ. As soon as he played his music, the guests were alive! His presentation of the wedding party was impressive. His voice matches his MC role nicely. But the moment that took my breath away was his performance, the lighting effect, smoke on the floor, making it magical for the couple's first dance! I highly recommend Jim for anybody looking to have a fun affair.

• Airen Miller Photography
    Airen Miller Photography Wedding Photographers

I have worked with Jim Numerous times, and he is a pro in every sense of the word. Get your jam packed dance floors with this fun DJ/MC.

• New Haven New Haven, CT, 06513 See on map