Collins Entertainment Reviews

Collins Entertainment 1
  • Christie

Christie Barcelona · Married on 07/20/2019

Best DJ ever!

Out of all my vendors (20+ people/companies) Jim Collins was by far my favorite to work with. He was professional, punctual, detail oriented, friendly, and had great communication. From the time I signed the agreement Jim sent monthly emails checking in giving tips and details to keep in mind. He has an organizer online that helps you pick out music. He planned skype meetings two separate times with us as it got closer to go over the minute by minute night. He made sure everyones names were correctly pronounced and assured that he knew everything he needed. We also used Collins Entertainment for our ceremony audio and photo booth services. I think what I hate most is going to a wedding and you can't hear anything, I stressed to Jim how important it was that everyone could hear us clearly. Every person front to back of our ceremony that I've spoken to said could hear us perfectly. We were wirelessly mic'd with high tech equipment and it went so smooth. For the photo booth, he had tons of accessories and props, people had a blast! We picked the mirror booth, it was a little more money but totally worth it. Very unique experience. Overall Jim is such a great guy, he couldn't have been more of a professional. Anyone I know who is need of DJ services I would recommend him to!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Myles Dumont · Married on 07/19/2019

Will recommend Collins Entertainment and MC Kevin to Everyone!!

We hired Kevin from Collins Entertainment, and we couldn't be more pleased! He was so attentive and helpful on the day of, it blew us away! My husband and I had a specific vision in mind when it came to our reception - we wanted everyone dancing the entire night and enjoying themselves, with no interruptions. We had several different genres in mind during the planning meetings (salsa, dance, soul, funk) and Kevin did a great job at making that happen! Between Jim planning and Kevin Djing/MCing the wedding we had a very specific vision beforehand that they were able to execute flawlessly. We were excited to hear so many compliments from our guests about what a fun wedding it was. We recommend Kevin without a doubt. Thank you Kevin and Jim for making our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2019

SO SO SO happy with Collins Entertainment

We used Collins Entertainment as a DJ/MC for our ceremony and reception at Lake Pearl in Wretham, MA. Mike was our master of ceremonies and was not only incredibly professional but also just really great at meeting all of our needs and checking in with us frequently to make sure we were happy throughout the whole night. I can't say enough how happy I am with everything they did for us. The entire wedding/reception was perfect because of them but even before that, the planning process was SO SO SO easy because of Jim and his system that has in place. He is incredibly organized and professional and knows exactly what you need.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Katie Bourret · Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful!

After reading the reviews I knew we would have to reach out to Jim and so happy we did! The planning process was streamlined – reminders to keep you on track of your timeline, easy to use website and planning tools, meetings to brainstorm about songs and so he gets a feel for what you want out of the night. We didn’t have a lot of dancers in the crowd, but somehow Jim kept the dance floor going all night!! The mirror booth was a hit, some of our favorite photos were captured there! We would highly recommend Collins Entertainment to anyone getting married!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Bennett · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! Highly reccomend

:::Attention::: -If you are in search for an awesome DJ/Master of ceremonies for your wedding, look no further!! Collins Entertainment is the one for you!!
    They did our wedding a little over a week ago and we absolutely loved them. We got comment after comment from our guests telling us how much they loved the music and entertainment we had. Jim Collins and his assistant Kevin did a great job and we can’t thank them enough for helping us create our vision! About a year in a half before our wedding date we were in search for a DJ for our wedding and then I came across “Collins Entertainment” and I just knew we had to book them! We still had a whole year and a half before the big day but I’m really good at reading people and my instincts sure were right! I am so happy that we booked them so early because not only did it secure our date, but also put us at ease. Just talking with Jim gave me confidence that our night would be awesome!
    He’s not only a DJ but a master of ceremonies as well. He helped with the timeline of the wedding and gives you an internet data base to organize your vision, save songs you want played etc. It’s a great and easy to use computer system that really helped us out with all the planning! After talking first with him on the phone we set up a time to Skype so he could get to know us a little more and talk about a plan.
    We then set up a time to meet at a Panara to chat in person. I loved meeting with him because while planning a wedding you have so many thoughts and ideas running through your mind, it’s good to get them all out in the open to the guy who is creating your wedding! We Skyped one more time before the day to finalize everything and go through the timeline and order of events. Jim kept in contact our entire engagement and answered any questions or concerns we had. Even though we were a year and a half out, he kept in contact and was so excited to help! His professionalism and personality was definitely something to remember.
    We had so many ideas for songs and he made all those ideas that I thought were impossible, happen! Literally can’t thank them enough for the time they put into our vision.
    Throughout the whole wedding he is announcing things and keeping the guests up and enjoying the night with your music selections that you picked along with his expertise. He’s very good at reading the crowd and knowing which songs to play at what time. He even came up to our sweetheart table during the night to check on us to see if he could do anything for us which was so nice! All of our other vendors loved them too and said he was great to work with.
    He definitely knows his stuff since he’s done so many different weddings, I trusted him when he gave me advice on things I was questioning. He did an anniversary dance and called up couples who were married 1 year, 5 year, 10 years etc and kept calling them up and to put an even better twist on it, he used my parents wedding song and my now husband’s parents wedding song for this special idea. My mom and mother in-law definitely had a good happy cry and loved that we did that!
    After telling him as a kid that I used to make up silly raps just joking around for fun he game me the bride, the confidence to rap at our wedding lol! -
    He is just full of ideas and it really shows in his work that he truly loves what he does!!
    Collins Entertainment is the absolute BEST, and that’s a fact.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Meg

Meg Britton · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect experience from start to finish

Jim was so warm and personable and really helped us figure out what we wanted and followed through with absolute perfection. I was very picky and wanted specific versions of songs and even wanted my intro timed to a specific part of a song and he pulled it off perfectly. He totally understood the vibe we wanted and carried that through the entire night. Everyone told me it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. With all the stress of wedding planning it was so great not having to worry about the music because from the first conversation we had with Jim we were 100% confident in him. Very nice guy, professional, and he just gets it!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Collins Entertainment 2

Meg and Neil!

Thanks so much for letting us be a part of such a magical day! I loved learning about how you met at the birthday party at Foxwoods and how later that led to hilltop proposal at Henry Park! Your first dance to Van Morrison’s “Crazy Love” was beautiful. All the best to you both!

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

So GREAT to work with!

Jim was referred to us by a family member and we are so thankful. He is so easy to work with, listed to everything we wanted and made the night as perfect as we could hope for. He created a beautiful room with uplighting, and was very accommodating to our various song requests throughout the evening. The photo booth was, as it always is, a huge hit. The fact that we got copies of everyone's photos is so exciting, and make for some fun thank you cards! He also gave GREAT ideas for songs, introduced us to some great artists and knew exactly what to play and when. Thank you to Jim and everyone at Collins Entertainment!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Heather and Anthony,

So glad to be part of your special day! Your dad loved “The Rainbow Connection” dedication during dinner. Nate’s Rupaul dance to Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies was EPIC!! Jim
  • Carlene

Carlene · Married on 10/05/2018

Just the best

Hiring Collins Entertainment was one of the absolute best decisions we made for the entire wedding. Our guests were happy and dancing all night long, the process could not have been easier, and Jim was very patient with us as a couple during the planning, especially when we needed to make changes to what we already planned on! So many people told us that our wedding was the best they had ever been to, and we attribute so much of that to Collins Entertainment!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Carlene and Dan!

So great getting to know you through the planning process and discuss our love for the band Queen! I love how you mentioned that you put a universal ban on The Black Eyed Peas! “Here Comes The Sun” was perfect for your processional song during the ceremony and you walked down the aisle. Jim

Hannah · Married on 09/22/2018

My now husband Brandon and I had the pleasure of working with Jim and Mike while planning out the ceremony and reception music and timeline for our recent wedding! We first met Jim via a “no-strings-attached” web chat where we got to know him as a person and learn why it is he loves what he does. During that time he really worked to get to know us both as individuals and as a couple, this alone was already more than we were expecting when we first started looking for a DJ/MC. After listening to how passionate he is about his work and reading through other reviews, we knew we just had to hire Collins Entertainment as our DJ/MC for our ceremony and reception at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret, CT this past September 22nd!! The planning process working with Jim and Mike was a breeze! Both Brandon and I knew what main songs we wanted, but really trusted them and their professional judgement to fill in the rest! A couple months before the wedding we also got to meet them in person where they made sure how to correctly pronounce everyone’s names and talk us through how everything works. The day of our wedding we were pleased to have Mike come out as our MC along with an assistant DJ. They were both very professional and fun and everyone loved them, we had a blast the whole time! They really helped to keep a good flow going the whole night and there wasn’t a moment where anyone looked as if they weren’t having a good time. Overall we are very happy that we decided to do with Collins Entertainment for our wedding and would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Hannah & Brandon,

We enjoyed hearing about how you met in high school and Brandon’s proposal on The Eiffel Tower! Great to hear about the start of the relationship and of course, how it led to your wedding day! Tyrone Farm was the perfect place to have your wedding reception and we were thrilled that everyone had a great time! Mike and Jim

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

From the beginning of the planning process Jim and his team were perfect!! They were completely professional, and helpful. I highly Recommend them to anyone who wants a good time and easy planning!! Thank you Guys so much for making our day the best yet!!!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amanda and Taulant,

We were happy to provide entertainment for you on your wedding day at The Waterview!! It was great to see both sides come together and dance with the blend of Albanian and American music. Enjoy many more sushi dates as a married couple! 😀 Mike and Jim

Jenna · Married on 09/15/2018

We HIGHLY recommend hiring Collins Entertainment for your wedding or event!! We hired Jim to be our DJ and Master of Ceremonies for our wedding at Camp Laurelwood in Madison, CT in September 2018. Jim and his assistant also did music for our ceremony, including wireless microphones for the ceremony, and music for the cocktail hour in addition to the reception. Everything went smoothly and we got a TON of compliments regarding Jim and the music. Many people told us he was the best DJ they'd ever seen at a wedding! My fiancee and I could not believe how much forethought and planning Jim puts into the events he works. His website and planning materials are extremely useful and easy to use. Together, over multiple Skype sessions, we went over every little detail regarding our timeline for wedding day, the music, announcements, toast, etc. Jim thinks of everything! His style for making announcements and introducing special dances was exactly what we wanted and matched our wedding's style perfectly. He had a great presence while speaking to our guests and got everyone's attention, but he was not overly talkative as some MC's can be. He worked flawlessly with our Day of Coordinator to keep us on schedule. We had an absolute blast dancing and so did our guests. Jim also put together some special audio clips of my fiancee and I separately answering questions about our relationship and how we met. It was such a lovely extra touch and I will treasure those audio clips forever. Jim went above and beyond what we ever thought we would get out of hiring a DJ and MC. I would not hesitate for a second to hire Collins Entertainment for your wedding or event. He is extremely professional, thoughtful, and easy to work with. He will listen to what you want for your big day, and make it happen! 5 stars all the way!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Jenna and James,

There were so many highlights during your wedding reception! During dinner when a group of friends/family got in a huge circle and sang “Piano Man” and the dancing before dinner! It was great to be able to Kay and Henry as the longest married couple during the Anniversary Dance!

Renay · Married on 09/08/2018

A DJ can make or break the party and Jim Collins kept the party going. He made sure everything went smoothly. He even helped with the planning part and thought of things for our wedding that we didn't even think of. Jim was on time and very flexible with our busy schedule. He even came up with a fun game to keep everyone on the dance floor young and old which was alot of fun. He called vendors and worked closely with everyone to make sure our day would be memorable. I will be recommending him to any of our friends and family that will be getting married next. I promise he will not disappoint. We couldn't be any happier with our day.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Renay and Chris,

It’s all about communication with ALL the vendors on your team to ensure your day is a huge success!! I was glad to be able to help ensure that it was! You guests really enjoyed the centerpiece giveaway and of course, dancing! 😀 Jim

Shannon · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent!

Our wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to Jim Collins! He was extremely accommodating and organized- put in the extra effort to make sure the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception ran smoothly. He is extremely professional and made planning our wedding stress free and easy. He had wonderful suggestions for us and made sure that the dance floor was full the entire night!! Picking our music was very easy too as he provided suggestions as well as a website to choose music from! This was a HUGE help to us. Our wedding was perfect and Jim was a huge part in making our wedding day so memorable! I highly recommend Jim Collins! Thank you so much for everything Jim!

Shannon & Danny

Sent on 11/01/2018

Danny and Shannon,

We LOVED celebrating with you!!! What a great moment when we were able to get a full dance floor of your guests to stop for a moment to sing grandma Betty a happy 101st birthday!! That is a memory she will never forget! Great seeing you both at the Jack and Jill this weekend and seeing you again! 😀

Karen · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I could not have been happier with Collins Entertainment! Jim was great to work with and since we live in FL he offered to do our planning sessions through Zoom (similar to Skype) and always made sure our communications were answered promptly. He is organized, very detailed, and asked all the questions that my husband and I never even thought of or forgot too! We would highly recommend to any couple looking for a DJ or MC entertainment! He reads the crowd and ensures he keeps the party moving. Thank you, Jim!!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Karen and Matt,

A Chicago Bulls Theme introduction for you and your wedding party was the BEST way to start off your wedding reception! Learning about the start of your relationship, where you first met at Keene College to the Newburyport , MA proposal at Brine Restaurant; it was awesome getting to know you both!! What a blast your wedding was! Jim

Jennifer · Married on 07/27/2018

Collins Entertainment was one of the best decisions my husband and I made! Our guests are still raving about Jim’s MC/DJ skills. We told Jim we wanted a party; he really delivered! Not only is Jim knowledgeable about music, MC, DJ skills but he is well versed in the wedding industry as a whole. With Jim’s help we were able to find a videographer. We highly recommend Collins Entertainment!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Jennifer & Wes!

Your wedding was so much fun to be a part of! From the exchange of vows, to the Game of Thrones song theme Introductions, special dances and many other memories made during the reception, I was honored to be there along with your friends and family!

Kara · Married on 07/14/2018

When my fiance and I were looking at djs, we looked at a few different options. Although the other djs were okay, we were looking for more then just someone reading off of a powerpoint. Jim contacted us by not only a phone call paraphrasing his services, but contacted us face to face and got to know us as a couple before getting into the details. This personalized service was exactly what made him stand out. Throughout the process, he met with us many times face to face online and went through every detail of our big day. He helped us with his website and gave us advice on songs, when our timelines should be, etc. On the day of, we had a last minute change and needed to have some of the reception inside and some outside due to rainy weather, and he was able to adjust easily and with a smile on his face. I would recommend Jim highly! He is personable, easy to work with, and his price is excellent for the services provided.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Collins Entertainment's reply:

Kara & Tim, Thank you for your kind words! What fun we had too! Avon Old Farms had so much meaning to the two of you! Please keep in touch! :)

James · Married on 07/01/2018

Jim Collins came highly recommended and he did not disappoint! He absolutely knew what he was doing and his skill and professionalism shined throughout the whole planning process and the day of our wedding. We've already suggested him to friends of ours who might be getting married in the future.

Sent on 07/08/2018

James and Kara,

From the beginning of the dancing with the Hora to The shoelywed game, your reception was a blast! Kara: we were able to get James out there to dance too!! 😀 Jim

Nicholas · Married on 10/07/2017

Jim was a fantastic DJ to work with! From our first online meeting we could tell he was on point and organized better than any DJ we had talked with at that point. His use of online forms and interactive music selection made it really easy to lay out our wedding reception. On our final meeting before the wedding we finalized everything in way less time than I would have expected. During the wedding he was very flexible since we had a couple delays and were a little off the schedule, but Jim worked around it and delivered a smooth performance. I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

From the first phone call from Jim, I knew that we made the right decision. Jim was prompt and organized with everything and I never had any doubts that anything would go wrong. I felt very comfortable putting my trust in his hands. Everything went smoothly and the music was awesome! I loved that we were able to get a group photo on the dancefloor. I am so happy that we chose Jim and his team to take part in such an important role on our wedding day. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Lauren & Eric,

Thank so much for your kind words! There were so many great moments during your reception. The one that comes to mind is Eric singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" surrounded by friends and family! I was honored to be part of your day! :)

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2017

From the beginning Jim from Collins Entertainment was in contact. He has a great website to pick music from and it's easy to navigate. He sent emails every month suggesting what to do at that time of wedding planning. We were happy with all the music from the ceremony to the reception. The mics at the ceremony were on point not one issue. I would absolutely recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Andrea & Chris,

It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Chris through our planning sessions together and being a part of your wedding celebration! Thanks so much for the feedback! :)

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/10/2017

Jim was really great to work with, he was always super helpful and very accommodating and always able to answer any questions we had. We had an amazing time at our wedding (9/10/17), Jim made it run very smoothly and played a great selection of music. We had a great time dancing the night away with friends and family and everyone commented on how good our DJ was. thank you Jim for all your help we would highly recommend you!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Matt · Married on 07/29/2017

Jim was so easy to work with, extremely organized and flexible. He really cares for what he does, and the people he works with, and he delivered on the night of our event!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Collins Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Matt! It was an honor getting to know you and Tracy and sharing in your celebration! So great to be in a room with so many familiar faces too! :)

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

Jim was so helpful with all of the planning process. He had great suggestions and he was very easy to work with. We had Mike and Dan as our MC and DJ and couldn't of asked for anyone better. They were flexible and helped keep our dance floor going. We had many guests approach us letting us know how well they did.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Megan & Mason,

Thanks so much for your kinds words! It was an honor getting to know you both during our planning visits. I had a blast helping you incorporate creative ideas into your wedding reception. Best wishes and congratulations! :)

Elisabeth · Married on 07/08/2017

First and foremost, Jim is just genuinely a nice guy. Remember your DJ is one of those wedding vendors who actually attends your wedding! He's simply the best. As a musician himself, as well as a DJ/Emcee with years of experience, he just gets it. The quality of his work is impeccable and it's plainly apparent that he loves what he does for a living. Music plays a lot of different roles at a wedding and can evoke so many different emotions. From his many years of experience servicing weddings, Jim was able to help us select different music for each section of our wedding - from the ceremony to the cocktail hour, to the dinner, to the party. He brought up great suggestions for both the ceremony and reception, which we would have never come up with on our own. Jim's services are an incredible value - you get a wedding coordinator, DJ, and Emcee all rolled into one. We'd recommend him over and over again. He was truly integral in making our wedding as unforgettable as it was!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Collins Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Liz! You wedding was fantastic and it was wonderful getting a chance to know the two of you so well! :)

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

Jim did a great job as the master of ceremonies of our wedding! He was really helpful throughout the entire planning process and made sure that every detail was covered. He even reached out to our other vendors to coordinate with them and ensure that the day went smoothly. During the event, Jim was great at reading the crowd and playing music that got our guests onto the dance floor and having fun. Thanks Jim for making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Heather and Craig,

Thanks so much for the awesome review of our services. It was a pleasure getting to know you both during our planning visits and seeing everything come together on the day of your wedding! All the best to you both!