Michaud's Catering & Event Center

Value
4.3
Flexibility
4.2

Very helpful, lots of options. Friendly staff. Easy to plan.

[Private]

A little outdated but relatively inexpensive and allows you to bring in your own alcohol which saves on cost. Could get pretty crowded if multiple wedding receptions are going on during te same evening.

Recently Married

Great budget-friendly location in Cleveland! Cost of this venue is is so affordable, which is the reason we selected it. BYOB was the best feature. The food was okay, nothing to write home about, but not terrible either. The hall is a bit dated, but entry-way is nice. It poured down rain during our reception, and the lobby and a few of the rooms there actually flooded, which affected some of the other receptions there, but luckily not ours.

Michaud's Catering & Event Center responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review! While It is true that due to the torrential downpour that evening, our lobby did sustain some flooding as well as much of Strongsville had flooding issues. We were able to contain what flooding we had and are happy to report that none of our banquet rooms, nor any of the receptions that evening had any flooding occur. Second, we're sorry to hear that the food was just okay, and not great. We do our best to provide quality, great tasting foods at reasonable prices for all of our guests. Once again, thank you for the feedback as we are constantly trying to improve the overall experience here at Michaud's. Best wishes to you both!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place with a really great price!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is beautiful. My ceremony was outside in the court yard and reception inside the celebrity room. They were all so helpful and friendly!! The bartender was amazing and the staff that helped with the reception awesome!!!

Recently Married

The staff at Michaud's made planning our reception so much easier. They are very detailed oriented and great with communicating. We weren't able to get to our hall early to set up, but the staff did a great job with our decorations and everything looked perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful at our reception. There was always someone there offering to get us something to drink or asking if we needed anything. We had a lot of compliments on the food. The staff moved quickly to get all of our guests served. I was nervous about other events going on at the same time and other people coming into our reception, but we never had any problems. I'm so happy that we had our reception here!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place was in my budget but felt like it was out of budget!!! They never were annoyed with all my questions and concerned and everything went way better then expected. Also the food was awesome as well..

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Michaud's was wonderful. The tables and our reception room looked amazing. Food was delicious. I wish they allowed for the bride and groom to take a to-go box. I would have loved to have eaten more later after the reception was over. We got married in their courtyard chalet. It was set up nicely for everyone to sit. The room for me and my girls was perfect! But after we were ready and I was waiting out of sight for the ceremony I was told doors leading to where I was would be closed so no one would end up seeing me before time. Well that didn't happen. The door was never closed and a bunch of people came down for the bathroom and ended up seeing me. But other than those few things it was awesome there!

Kristin
07/12/2014

By far the best place we checked out. We are so glad we went with them. They made our reception perfect. Always will help out in anyway!!! We love them!

Jim
06/20/2014

It was a beautiful room, the staff was great from top to bottom, only downside was it rained and no, its not their fault, and that's not reflected in the ratings. Definitely would hire them again, but since is the last time I get married, it'll have to wait till we have kids old enough.

1+ year ago

We had our reception at Michaud's and absolutely loved it! They guide you through the whole process and give great advice. They are not just trying to get your money, but truly want you to have the best event possible. I would absolutely recommend Michaud's to anyone looking for a reception spot. The prices are reasonable and the food options are all delicious. Not to mention that you can bring your own alcohol which is a ton of savings!

1+ year ago
3.0

I was at a wedding there on May 25 2014
The hall and the service was great,
But it was the worst food I've ever tasted at a wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were amazing!! Great service, great bartenders, awesome food!!

Paula
05/10/2014

Very professional environment. Kind, patient staff who care about what they do and know how important it is to the people who have events there. Made our day very special and perfect. Everything was smooth as silk. Thank you Michauds!

Jacque
05/10/2014

Absolutely affordable! And beautiful grand ballroom!! Would do another event here for sure!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The people at Michaud's were so friendly and professional! They worked with me on what I wanted and helped me make my dream wedding come true. The facilities were newly remodeled and beautiful. The banquet manager (Debbie) was fantastic and worked well with my other vendors. Michaud's had many options for me to choose from and made sure I had all the information I needed before making decisions. They offered me specials and deals where available and did not push to make more money, but pushed to make me happy and make sure I was getting what I wanted and needed! And the food was fantastic!