Michael Sackett Photography

Michael Sackett Photography

Not Your Parent's Wedding Photographer!

306 S. Washington

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael was amazing. My dad actually found him because he preferred that I pay a little less than some of the photographers I was originally looking at. I was afraid that because his prices were so reasonable, the quality would be lesser.

I was so wrong. Michael's photos are artistic, phenomenally-composed, and will really capture the essence of you as a couple. If you look at his blog, you will see that he doesn't just do the same shots again and again. The sets of photos are as unique as each couple being photographed.

Besides this, Michael is extremely responsible, flexible, and professional. I had no doubt about everything going perfectly on the wedding day, and he really delivered. It also helps that he is funny and personable. I felt totally comfortable as he took pictures of us - in fact, I had a lot of fun!

I can't recommend him enough! If you are doing a wedding in the Metro Detroit area, definitely check him out.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We actually sat down with a couple of photographers but the calmness of Michael is really what appealed to us. I can't explain to you how easy going, easy to work with and just how nice Michael is. He listened to everything we told him and executed way beyond what we had hoped. Our pictures are gorgeous and our experience was even better. His assistants were professional and great as well. Cannot wait to recommend him to the next set of friends to get hitched!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are very pleased with our wedding photos. We have recommended Michael Sackett to all of our friends currently planning their weddings as well.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly reccomend Mike Sackett based on high quality and excellent customer service. He responded to all of my questions via email within minutes, even during late non business hours. The quality of his work was excellent and he was very flexible and easy to work with. He listened to our needs and the style we were going for, and delivered on his promises. Mike is also very reasonably priced for the high quality work and service.

4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Michael Sackett was fantastic for our wedding. He was extremely professional and was in great contact with us throughout the wedding prep. He was composed and stayed in the background to catch pictures throughout the wedding day without getting in the way or attracting to much attention. The shots turned out wonderfully and we were very happy with the variety, quality and style of the photos we ended up with.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I worked with Michael Sackett after hearing rave reviews about him from our videographer. We looked at his work on his website, and after liking what we saw decided to make an appointment. After the first meeting with him, we were sold. He was very laid back and easy to work with, and very professional. We weren't the easiest clients, being from a different state. He was very willing to drive to us for an engagement shoot, but due to the distance and the threat of bad weather, we weren't able to shoot with him prior to the wedding. Although we had talked and skyped multiple times prior to the day of our wedding, I was a little concerned that the lack of engagement shoot would affect our chemistry. I was completely wrong. After two or three pictures, Mike, my wife, and I clicked. He worked very hard to get the right angle, and was never in the way of the videography team. Before he left for the evening, he made sure to come up to me and ask if there were any other shots I wanted before he left.

Within a week we had a sample set of 15 pictures which were absolutely beautiful. When the rest came (1300 or so in total) a few weeks later, we were amazed at the angles and emotions he was able to capture. We haven't been able to make a wedding album yet because there are too many pictures of his that we want in there, it's impossible to narrow down!

We were very happy with his services, and will be scheduling a "trash the dress" session with him very soon. Make sure to check him out!

• Wedding: 05/24/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photographer delivered a beautiful set of images that capture many very happy memories - I'm sure we will continue to enjoy looking through them for years to come.

• Wedding: 06/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael Sackett Photography did an amazing job at our wedding! His attention to detail blew us away, as he was able to capture all of the details of our wedding.....whether it be shots of my dress prior to the ceremony or unposed family moments that I would never have seen. Since our wedding, we have recieved so much positive feedback on our pictures from family and friends. Michael took so many pictures, I feel like it is our complete wedding in print! He is wonderful to work with and I completely recommend him for your wedding!

• Wedding: 01/28/2012
Claudia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael Sackett did a fantastic job capturing our wedding day! He listened carefully before the wedding and then made sure to take pictures that were in alignment with exactly what we wanted on our big day. He is trustworthy and truly cares about keeping clients happy. If we were getting married again, we would definitely go with him!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and his team of photographers were wonderful! They were extremely laid back and go with the flow during the entire day which allowed for wonderful photos, even the candid shots were perfect! With his services, you get MORE than what you pay for! Would recommend him to any bride and groom!

Thanks, Mike!

• Wedding: 05/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was a little skeptical about a boudoir photography session, but working with Michael Sackett Photography was great. I didn't really know what to expect when I was thinking of doing this, so I e-mailed Mike and he was very quick to respond with answers to all my questions, and was very open to my ideas for photos. Still, being nervous and a little uncomfortable, I brought a friend to the shoot but it totally wasn't necessary. It was nice having her there for ideas, but having Mike AND his wife there made me comfortable (as comfortable as you can be doing a sexy photoshoot!). The photos turned out beautifully and Mike was really great in helping me choose photos/edit/etc. and sending them to me promptly. My boyfriend loved them of course!

• Wedding: 01/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael Sackett is amazing! With short notice, he photographed our wedding and the creativity and quality of the pictures could not have been better! I'd recommend Mike to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/06/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Michael because we fell in love with his talent in capturing candid moments and his ability to create artistic photographs. We wanted a mix of traditional and yet creative and Michael succeeded. The photography was one of my most important investments in my wedding and I am glad we hired him! Michael is laid back, flexible, and easy to work with. He will be receptive to any ideas you have and will graciously take any photos you want. He went to our church and reception site with us beforehand and spent time planning the day. I have wonderful memories, an amazing wedding book, and would gladly recommend him to anyone!

• Wedding: 11/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael's photography was out of this world - not only did he work with us on our package, but listened to our wishes for how we wanted our wedding to be remembered and his final product was beyond what we imagined. He provided us excellent service, made ourselves and our family feel completely comfortable in front of the camera, made suggestions and went above and beyond what our package detailed. He provided professional, personal service, responded in a timely fashion to all inquiries and provided absolutely stunning pictures for our wedding. He will be my primary recommendation in the future for wedding/engagement or portrait photography.

• Wedding: 10/17/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was referred to Michael Sackett Photogrpaphy and could not be happier with his work. He does a beautiful job. He was very professional, punctual and good to work with. It poured on our wedding day and I was worried that we would not have the great outdoor shots that you see for other weddings. In the end I was super excited with the shots that Michael took. We were not left feeling like we missed out on anything. We have a huge family and it took a lot of time to get them together for the shots that we wanted. Michael was very patient with us. His costs are extremely affordable. Overall I could not be happier and would recommend him to anyone.

• Wedding: 10/09/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Last September I was lucky enough to have my best friend propose to me. I wanted to give my fiancé a gift that was meaningful but was fun and sexy. Mike Sackett had talked with me about doing a boudoir shoot – I was confused at first what it was. Mike sent me a few links to websites of photographers that had done boudoir shoots. After looking over them I decided it would be a fun experience for me and a sexy gift for my soon to be hubby. I set up my shoot to be on a Sunday afternoon, out of my house. Mike had no problem coming to my house, he brought his wife Tracey to help out with lighting and I was able to invite anyone I wanted, to make it fun. Mike let me pick out about six different outfits. The afternoon was fun and exciting. The first few photos I was a little nervous but by the end of the shoot I didn’t want to stop. It was a lot of fun. Mike showed me a few pictures while we were shooting and I was so excited with the results. I couldn’t wait to give the pictures to my fiancé. I felt so beautiful and knew my fiancé would love a gift that was meant just for him. The best part of the shoot was - yes it was for my fiancé but the way I felt after seeing the finished product made me feel like the sexiest women alive. Ladies if you want to give your fiancé a gift that they will never be able to forget; even if you and your ladies want to have an unforgettable bachelorette party –a boudoir shot is the way to go!! Thank you Mike for the amazing experience!

• Wedding: 09/15/2009
248-561-6873
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards