Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot say enough about this site and about Sheila and Larry. Everything went perfectly- they kept things running smoothly without being too controlling. The planning process was remarkably stress-free, which was exactly what we were looking for!

They were so hospitable and welcoming to all of our guests... And I know we were a bit of a handful :)

This spot is worth the trip- all of our guests kept telling us over and over again that they wanted to get married there, too, and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to ! Unique, memorable, beautiful, and easy. THANK YOU SHEILA AND LARRY!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mrs. Shelia, Mr. Larry, and all the staff at Magnolia Manor went above and beyond all expectations that I had. From helping plan the day's events to making sure every last detail was as perfect as it could be. Every guest commented on how beautiful the house and grounds are. The breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning were so delicious! The Southern Style BBQ buffet style Dinner that was served was top notch. I love the way that there were different sauces that could be added to the Pork. The cake that was provided with the package was EXACTLY like we requested (even though our cake was a little unusual). The DJ Allen was absolutely amazing. He had the guest up and dancing all night! I would recommend Magnolia Manor B&B for anyone who is looking a venue. Great people and a beautiful venue! Thank you for making my special day so PERFECT!!!!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just got back from my son's wedding at the Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B and it could not have been better. The owners have painstakingly restored the manor to its former elegance which added so much to the special nature of the day. Food, service and attention to detail are top notch. If you are looking for an elegant venue for a family event in a historic setting, this is hard to beat.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a beautiful venue and perfect setting for our wedding weekend! Larry and Sheila were extremely accommodating and made sure every guest was well taken care of. They were very flexible with all of our requests. All guests commented how gorgeous the venue was and how great the food and staff was as well! We would recommend this venue in a heartbeat for a gorgeous outdoor setting for a wedding! Thanks so much to the MM staff for a perfect wedding!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at Magnolia Manor recently. It was the most amazing experience and this B&B is a little piece of heaven on earth. The atmosphere was perfect, classy but relaxing. The grounds are beautiful and the food is delicious, my husband said it is the best barbecue he's eaten and the man knows cue! We plan to return as guests at the B&B and would highly recommend Magnolia Manor as a wedding venue.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor in May 2014. Larry and Sheila Carver are wonderful, gracious hosts, the venue is picture perfect, and I would absolutely have my wedding here, again, if I had to do it over.

In my opinion, the best asset of Magnolia Manor is having Larry, Sheila, and their staff at your service. It was absolutely delightful (for me and my parents) not to have to worry about setting up, serving, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, or the like. Each morning, breakfast was served on the porch, on the nicest china at the time I requested. They welcomed overnight guests, assisted wedding guests with parking, provided serving platters for my candy bar, and set up tables for my escort cards, guest book, and wedding favors. They are the epitome of Southern hospitality.

The food (provided by MM) was phenomenal – from the BBQ at the rehearsal dinner to the chicken and pork loin at the reception. We were also served breakfast on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Great food is so important.

The DJ, Alan Norwood, (provided by MM) is out of this world. Don’t even consider for a second bringing in a band or another DJ – trust Larry and Sheila on this one. He even danced with me!
The bartender (provided by MM) was fine but nothing to brag about. He poured the drinks, which is important.

They really do provide it all from beer coolers to serving trays, ceremony props and wine glasses, serving utensils for the wedding cake, and the wedding cake itself (really delicious). For an all inclusive, Southern wedding weekend, Magnolia Manor is an absolutely exquisite place. I highly recommend it.

Many thanks to Larry and Sheila from Landon and Ashley Clark.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor on November 30, 2013. Our experience was no less than amazing. We had our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night and everything down to the small details of the decor was beautiful. The Italian rehearsal dinner menu we selected was superb! Of course the weather is uncontrollable and although it was a gorgeous sunny weekend, it was VERY cold. We were able to use the Manor's patio heaters for both our rehearsal dinner and reception so our guests could huddle around and keep warm between trips to the bar or dance floor. We also had a bonfire out back behind our reception. That was a wonderful touch! [The weekend after our wedding was in the 60s...figures! :)] Our ceremony was set up exactly how I described I wanted it to be and it all ran very smoothly thanks to Shelia and her staff. I got countless compliments about the food at our reception - we chose the BBQ menu. Larry does an amazing job cooking the pig! You can tell that Shelia and Larry really love what they do. I highly recommend Magnolia Manor if you are interested in a rustic, southern wedding weekend!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shelia and Larry were both outstanding down to every detail. I did not have to worry about a thing on my day. The manor itself was breathtaking, the homemade food was delicious, and the staff was spectacular. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my special day than Magnolia Manor. All of my guests raved about the food and MM own DJ Alan.

Thank you Shelia and Larry for everything!

The New Mr. and Mrs. Strawn
11/2/13

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and son-in-law both live in North Carolina but had families that lived in opposite directions; one in the south and one in the north. We were looking for a place that would bring both families to a middle ground, enable us to celebrate our children's wedding and begin a new life. The Magnolia Manor website offered a wonderful and different venue where the families could celebrate together. Sheila and Larry opened their home to us, made us feel at home, spoiled us with their southern hospitality and home cooked meals. The wedding weekend was a great idea because it gave the families an entire weekend to spend time together. Everything Sheila and Larry promised they delivered along with their wonderful staff.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My brother and my new sister were married at this gorgeous establishment this past weekend. It was more than we as a family could have ever asked for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always around and eager to help with any aspect of the preparation that we needed. The establishment was clean and rich with history. This was the perfect setting for our North meets South wedding. We had family coming from all over the country. The food was delicious and hand prepared in the amazing kitchen. Everything went off without a hitch...the wonderful owner Shelia and her husband as well as their staff made sure of that. Anyone looking for a place to share this special event, renew, or just throw a fabulous party should definitely consider this place. I only have 2 thumbs to put up but it deserves many many more. Thank you guys for making my brothers bride's (and my brothers of course) wedding day dreams come true.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Magnolia Manor is a wonderful place to celebrate any special occasion! We took advantage of the reasonable package which included the beautiful manor and grounds for an entire weekend Which included a BBQ rehearsal dinner, next day wedding ceremony followed by a delicious dinner and fun reception!
Sheila and Larry are dedicated to their passion and have acquired a willing staff with a "happy to be there" attitude!
My daughter felt truly "looked after" as Sheila is a "mother" to all her brides!
We would recommend this beautiful venue again and again.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My son, age 25, and I attended a wedding at Magnolia Manor. We have attended A LOT of weddings. I believe this wedding was the most beautiful yet most comfortable and unique wedding I have ever attended. Every worker there was personable, hospitable and knew what they were doing. The DJ was a show unto himself. We drove 4 hours to attend this wedding and I must say our drive out to the Manor had us wondering what we were headed for. It was indeed a true serendipity. I wish we didn't live so far away as I would definitely consider it for my own kids' weddings assuming one of those might come along someday.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say? On this day our daughter married a wonderful man in a magnificent setting with tremendous food and attention to details, all under threat of a huge thunderstorm that took out power elsewhere. The girls arrived in the pattering of rain, as did the boys; the photographers got drenched getting to the right shots, but just in time for the wedding ceremony in the pecan grove the sunshine and Carolina Blue skies broke through. Larry had all hands on deck to dry the 200+ chairs and table, set up the musicians with electricity before the many guests arrived. Everything glistened and sparkled. It was marvelous. Larry and Sheila's calm demeanor through the rain caused chaos was a tremendous help. Lauren got her french fries, guests were happy, bride and groom glowed and basked in the love of family and friends; people were served in a precise and orderly manner. Venue choice=a hit out of the park. Thank you Larry, Sheila and staff.

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila & Larry made our daughter's wedding weekend magical. From the 1st moment that we entered the property months ago, we felt the magic. We had visited several other venues around NC and they did not compare to MM. Sheila & Larry welcomed us as if we were family and throughout the planning and our weekend, we felt at home. They took care of every detail so we could actually relax and enjoy every moment. We never went hungry as she promised either! The food was outstanding, the home was beautiful and comfortable and our entire family enjoyed the experience greatly. They knew how much we wanted the wedding outdoors. Most venues would not have waited until an hour before to set up but the rain stopped, the sun came out and they hustled to get the chairs in place & decorated. They slowed down the kitchen and adjusted every scheduled event all to make our wedding perfect! They not only tell you that it is all about the couple (mostly the bride!) but they truly live it. For an almost stress free wedding experience, MM is definitely the venue to use.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the privlege of working with Sheila and Larry to coordinate and direct my nephew's wedding the weekend of May 18. What a joy and delight I found them to be. Larry took time to show me all around the property and give history. Sheila is a very gracious hostess and was busy taking care of the bride, her parents and her attendants as they arrived for the weekend. We had the rehearsal and dinner on site Friday night with beautiful weather. The food and service was down home fantastic! Saturday woke to dreary skies and rain. Wedding was at 5:30pm ... what to do? Larry held off putting chairs out until about 5pm when it stopped raining and the sun came out. Larry, Shelia, the great staff and I went to work getting things set up. We held the wedding off for 45 minutes but guests did not mind and it was worth the wait! The food for the reception was great as well so my hats off to the kitchen! Absoutely beautiful facility with great customer service from the start right through check out. Thank you Shelia, Larry and staff for making Kyle and Heather's wedding so special and allowing me to be part of it.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our daughter was married here and it was a wonderful experience!! Larry and Shelia are awesome hosts!! It was a stress free wonderful family weekend. I highly recommend them!!!!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
252-257-6055
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards