Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The wedding was beautiful. Shelia did a terrific job! We could not have been any happier. Shelia allowed us to have a beautiful relaxing wedding. The venue couldn't have been any better. We were totally happy. The food was delicious everything was perfect!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We are so glad we decided to have our wedding at Magnolia Manor - Larry and Sheila made our jobs so easy! It was so wonderful not to have to feel anxious about making sure every little detail came together, since Larry and Sheila work their magic and make sure all of those details are perfectly orchestrated. We were surprised by rain and cooler temperatures the weekend of our wedding, and Larry and Sheila went above and beyond to implement our contingency plans and put our families' minds at ease, from the rehearsal dinner all the way 'til when the last guest left on Saturday. It turned out to be such a beautiful, intimate and special weekend--everyone raved about how incredible the venue was. The food was absolutely spectacular, the cake and the flowers could not have been more gorgeous, and the DJ-ing by Alan Norwood was out of this world. Can't thank Larry and Sheila enough for making such an enchanting and joyful wedding happen!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a fantastic venue. The owners & staff made my baby's day perfect! Our entire family is from the NY, LI area & everyone had an amazing time. WE partied like it was our jobs & we are Very Good at our jobs! My wife & I highly recommend the Magnolia Manor & staff for how comfortable & easy they made what could have been a stressful day. We Loved every minute, the Food, Flowers, DJ (Allen) Grounds, House etc... absolutely fantastic. If your looking for an exceptional venue for someone you love, you need to check this place out.
Sheila & Larry have been doing this for a long time, and the old adage that practice makes perfect certainly applies to them. They made it a flawless day from breakfast in the morning right through to the closing song. Elaina (my second) has expressed an interest in having her wedding day at the Manor as well. Cool Beans!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough about this site and about Sheila and Larry. Everything went perfectly- they kept things running smoothly without being too controlling. The planning process was remarkably stress-free, which was exactly what we were looking for!

They were so hospitable and welcoming to all of our guests... And I know we were a bit of a handful :)

This spot is worth the trip- all of our guests kept telling us over and over again that they wanted to get married there, too, and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to ! Unique, memorable, beautiful, and easy. THANK YOU SHEILA AND LARRY!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mrs. Shelia, Mr. Larry, and all the staff at Magnolia Manor went above and beyond all expectations that I had. From helping plan the day's events to making sure every last detail was as perfect as it could be. Every guest commented on how beautiful the house and grounds are. The breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning were so delicious! The Southern Style BBQ buffet style Dinner that was served was top notch. I love the way that there were different sauces that could be added to the Pork. The cake that was provided with the package was EXACTLY like we requested (even though our cake was a little unusual). The DJ Allen was absolutely amazing. He had the guest up and dancing all night! I would recommend Magnolia Manor B&B for anyone who is looking a venue. Great people and a beautiful venue! Thank you for making my special day so PERFECT!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake

We just got back from my son's wedding at the Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B and it could not have been better. The owners have painstakingly restored the manor to its former elegance which added so much to the special nature of the day. Food, service and attention to detail are top notch. If you are looking for an elegant venue for a family event in a historic setting, this is hard to beat.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Such a beautiful venue and perfect setting for our wedding weekend! Larry and Sheila were extremely accommodating and made sure every guest was well taken care of. They were very flexible with all of our requests. All guests commented how gorgeous the venue was and how great the food and staff was as well! We would recommend this venue in a heartbeat for a gorgeous outdoor setting for a wedding! Thanks so much to the MM staff for a perfect wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at Magnolia Manor recently. It was the most amazing experience and this B&B is a little piece of heaven on earth. The atmosphere was perfect, classy but relaxing. The grounds are beautiful and the food is delicious, my husband said it is the best barbecue he's eaten and the man knows cue! We plan to return as guests at the B&B and would highly recommend Magnolia Manor as a wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor in May 2014. Larry and Sheila Carver are wonderful, gracious hosts, the venue is picture perfect, and I would absolutely have my wedding here, again, if I had to do it over.

In my opinion, the best asset of Magnolia Manor is having Larry, Sheila, and their staff at your service. It was absolutely delightful (for me and my parents) not to have to worry about setting up, serving, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, or the like. Each morning, breakfast was served on the porch, on the nicest china at the time I requested. They welcomed overnight guests, assisted wedding guests with parking, provided serving platters for my candy bar, and set up tables for my escort cards, guest book, and wedding favors. They are the epitome of Southern hospitality.

The food (provided by MM) was phenomenal – from the BBQ at the rehearsal dinner to the chicken and pork loin at the reception. We were also served breakfast on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Great food is so important.

The DJ, Alan Norwood, (provided by MM) is out of this world. Don’t even consider for a second bringing in a band or another DJ – trust Larry and Sheila on this one. He even danced with me!
The bartender (provided by MM) was fine but nothing to brag about. He poured the drinks, which is important.

They really do provide it all from beer coolers to serving trays, ceremony props and wine glasses, serving utensils for the wedding cake, and the wedding cake itself (really delicious). For an all inclusive, Southern wedding weekend, Magnolia Manor is an absolutely exquisite place. I highly recommend it.

Many thanks to Larry and Sheila from Landon and Ashley Clark.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor on November 30, 2013. Our experience was no less than amazing. We had our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night and everything down to the small details of the decor was beautiful. The Italian rehearsal dinner menu we selected was superb! Of course the weather is uncontrollable and although it was a gorgeous sunny weekend, it was VERY cold. We were able to use the Manor's patio heaters for both our rehearsal dinner and reception so our guests could huddle around and keep warm between trips to the bar or dance floor. We also had a bonfire out back behind our reception. That was a wonderful touch! [The weekend after our wedding was in the 60s...figures! :)] Our ceremony was set up exactly how I described I wanted it to be and it all ran very smoothly thanks to Shelia and her staff. I got countless compliments about the food at our reception - we chose the BBQ menu. Larry does an amazing job cooking the pig! You can tell that Shelia and Larry really love what they do. I highly recommend Magnolia Manor if you are interested in a rustic, southern wedding weekend!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Shelia and Larry were both outstanding down to every detail. I did not have to worry about a thing on my day. The manor itself was breathtaking, the homemade food was delicious, and the staff was spectacular. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my special day than Magnolia Manor. All of my guests raved about the food and MM own DJ Alan.

Thank you Shelia and Larry for everything!

The New Mr. and Mrs. Strawn
11/2/13

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My daughter and son-in-law both live in North Carolina but had families that lived in opposite directions; one in the south and one in the north. We were looking for a place that would bring both families to a middle ground, enable us to celebrate our children's wedding and begin a new life. The Magnolia Manor website offered a wonderful and different venue where the families could celebrate together. Sheila and Larry opened their home to us, made us feel at home, spoiled us with their southern hospitality and home cooked meals. The wedding weekend was a great idea because it gave the families an entire weekend to spend time together. Everything Sheila and Larry promised they delivered along with their wonderful staff.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My brother and my new sister were married at this gorgeous establishment this past weekend. It was more than we as a family could have ever asked for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always around and eager to help with any aspect of the preparation that we needed. The establishment was clean and rich with history. This was the perfect setting for our North meets South wedding. We had family coming from all over the country. The food was delicious and hand prepared in the amazing kitchen. Everything went off without a hitch...the wonderful owner Shelia and her husband as well as their staff made sure of that. Anyone looking for a place to share this special event, renew, or just throw a fabulous party should definitely consider this place. I only have 2 thumbs to put up but it deserves many many more. Thank you guys for making my brothers bride's (and my brothers of course) wedding day dreams come true.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were the best! Our family go to stay on site witch was great for the M.O.B They were so warm and friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything I wanted came together. The food for the weekend was amazing the bar tender was awesome the dj was great the cake was beautiful, all of it was just amazing they have the best staff and the venue itself is Magical. I could not have been happier. My day went off with out a hitch and if there was one I never knew about it they took such good care of me and my family. If we decide to renew our vows in a few years I would go back to Magnolia Manor!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Magnolia Manor is a wonderful place to celebrate any special occasion! We took advantage of the reasonable package which included the beautiful manor and grounds for an entire weekend Which included a BBQ rehearsal dinner, next day wedding ceremony followed by a delicious dinner and fun reception!
Sheila and Larry are dedicated to their passion and have acquired a willing staff with a "happy to be there" attitude!
My daughter felt truly "looked after" as Sheila is a "mother" to all her brides!
We would recommend this beautiful venue again and again.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My son, age 25, and I attended a wedding at Magnolia Manor. We have attended A LOT of weddings. I believe this wedding was the most beautiful yet most comfortable and unique wedding I have ever attended. Every worker there was personable, hospitable and knew what they were doing. The DJ was a show unto himself. We drove 4 hours to attend this wedding and I must say our drive out to the Manor had us wondering what we were headed for. It was indeed a true serendipity. I wish we didn't live so far away as I would definitely consider it for my own kids' weddings assuming one of those might come along someday.