Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Shelia and Larry were both outstanding down to every detail. I did not have to worry about a thing on my day. The manor itself was breathtaking, the homemade food was delicious, and the staff was spectacular. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my special day than Magnolia Manor. All of my guests raved about the food and MM own DJ Alan.

Thank you Shelia and Larry for everything!

The New Mr. and Mrs. Strawn
11/2/13
Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter and son-in-law both live in North Carolina but had families that lived in opposite directions; one in the south and one in the north. We were looking for a place that would bring both families to a middle ground, enable us to celebrate our children's wedding and begin a new life. The Magnolia Manor website offered a wonderful and different venue where the families could celebrate together. Sheila and Larry opened their home to us, made us feel at home, spoiled us with their southern hospitality and home cooked meals. The wedding weekend was a great idea because it gave the families an entire weekend to spend time together. Everything Sheila and Larry promised they delivered along with their wonderful staff.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My brother and my new sister were married at this gorgeous establishment this past weekend. It was more than we as a family could have ever asked for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always around and eager to help with any aspect of the preparation that we needed. The establishment was clean and rich with history. This was the perfect setting for our North meets South wedding. We had family coming from all over the country. The food was delicious and hand prepared in the amazing kitchen. Everything went off without a hitch...the wonderful owner Shelia and her husband as well as their staff made sure of that. Anyone looking for a place to share this special event, renew, or just throw a fabulous party should definitely consider this place. I only have 2 thumbs to put up but it deserves many many more. Thank you guys for making my brothers bride's (and my brothers of course) wedding day dreams come true.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Magnolia Manor is a wonderful place to celebrate any special occasion! We took advantage of the reasonable package which included the beautiful manor and grounds for an entire weekend Which included a BBQ rehearsal dinner, next day wedding ceremony followed by a delicious dinner and fun reception!
Sheila and Larry are dedicated to their passion and have acquired a willing staff with a "happy to be there" attitude!
My daughter felt truly "looked after" as Sheila is a "mother" to all her brides!
We would recommend this beautiful venue again and again.
Wedding: 09/14/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My son, age 25, and I attended a wedding at Magnolia Manor. We have attended A LOT of weddings. I believe this wedding was the most beautiful yet most comfortable and unique wedding I have ever attended. Every worker there was personable, hospitable and knew what they were doing. The DJ was a show unto himself. We drove 4 hours to attend this wedding and I must say our drive out to the Manor had us wondering what we were headed for. It was indeed a true serendipity. I wish we didn't live so far away as I would definitely consider it for my own kids' weddings assuming one of those might come along someday.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What can I say? On this day our daughter married a wonderful man in a magnificent setting with tremendous food and attention to details, all under threat of a huge thunderstorm that took out power elsewhere. The girls arrived in the pattering of rain, as did the boys; the photographers got drenched getting to the right shots, but just in time for the wedding ceremony in the pecan grove the sunshine and Carolina Blue skies broke through. Larry had all hands on deck to dry the 200+ chairs and table, set up the musicians with electricity before the many guests arrived. Everything glistened and sparkled. It was marvelous. Larry and Sheila's calm demeanor through the rain caused chaos was a tremendous help. Lauren got her french fries, guests were happy, bride and groom glowed and basked in the love of family and friends; people were served in a precise and orderly manner. Venue choice=a hit out of the park. Thank you Larry, Sheila and staff.
Wedding: 09/01/2013
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Flowers, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Sheila & Larry made our daughter's wedding weekend magical. From the 1st moment that we entered the property months ago, we felt the magic. We had visited several other venues around NC and they did not compare to MM. Sheila & Larry welcomed us as if we were family and throughout the planning and our weekend, we felt at home. They took care of every detail so we could actually relax and enjoy every moment. We never went hungry as she promised either! The food was outstanding, the home was beautiful and comfortable and our entire family enjoyed the experience greatly. They knew how much we wanted the wedding outdoors. Most venues would not have waited until an hour before to set up but the rain stopped, the sun came out and they hustled to get the chairs in place & decorated. They slowed down the kitchen and adjusted every scheduled event all to make our wedding perfect! They not only tell you that it is all about the couple (mostly the bride!) but they truly live it. For an almost stress free wedding experience, MM is definitely the venue to use.
Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had the privlege of working with Sheila and Larry to coordinate and direct my nephew's wedding the weekend of May 18. What a joy and delight I found them to be. Larry took time to show me all around the property and give history. Sheila is a very gracious hostess and was busy taking care of the bride, her parents and her attendants as they arrived for the weekend. We had the rehearsal and dinner on site Friday night with beautiful weather. The food and service was down home fantastic! Saturday woke to dreary skies and rain. Wedding was at 5:30pm ... what to do? Larry held off putting chairs out until about 5pm when it stopped raining and the sun came out. Larry, Shelia, the great staff and I went to work getting things set up. We held the wedding off for 45 minutes but guests did not mind and it was worth the wait! The food for the reception was great as well so my hats off to the kitchen! Absoutely beautiful facility with great customer service from the start right through check out. Thank you Shelia, Larry and staff for making Kyle and Heather's wedding so special and allowing me to be part of it.
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our daughter was married here and it was a wonderful experience!! Larry and Shelia are awesome hosts!! It was a stress free wonderful family weekend. I highly recommend them!!!!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I recently attended this venue for a wonderful wedding. It was beautiful and the staff was excellent. Being a military chef from DC and a White House chef, I was very pleased with the quality of food and service from the catering staff. The food was authentic regional BBQ with a beautiful spread. I always enjoy giving feedback to the kitchen or dining staff when a meal is satisfying. When speaking to the head chef, she was very inviting and appreciated the feedback.
The rest of the venue was just as excellent as the food. I would recommend this place to anybody especially the food and catering. Keep up the great work!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding reception at Magnolia Manor last weekend and I was so pleased with the entire day. My husband and I live in New York and wanted to find a venue close to my parents in Wake forest that felt unique and specific to us. We must have looked at every wedding venue in the area and didn't like anything until we found Magnolia Manor! Shelia and Larry and the rest of the MM staff were so attentive to us, on our wedding day and the months leading up to the event. I had very specific ideas of what I wanted for our wedding cake and Shelia made sure our cake looked and tasted exactly the way we wanted it to. I think my husband and i were especially impressed when we asked if Shelia would add biscuits to our wedding menu and on our wedding day they were there on the buffet tables! We loved everything about our wedding day and so did our guests. We had many family members and friends from out of town (mostly from New York City) and they were so impressed by the delicious southern food, the wide open space and generous hospitality of our MM hosts. Thank you so much Shelia and Larry for the perfect day!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding at Magnolia Manor this past weekend and could not have asked for a better time! Sheila and Larry were so helpful and the people they recommended for the music and DJ were excellent! The food was delicious and we had a wonderful time. They are the nicest people and were so easy to work with and very accommodating. The location is beautiful and made for the perfect place for a wedding. I am so glad i chose Magnolia Manor and would do it again in a heart beat!
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We attended our very close friends Daughter's wedding and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!! The Magnolia Plantation B&B Inn definitely has that true Southern romantic charm , hospitality and atmosphere from the moment you arrive , step up on the front porch to the walk out into the pecan grove !!! The owners/hosts were very helpful and accomodating . It was the sense of "Home away from Home ". And that magnificent magnolia tree in the front yard was gorgeous as well as the entire gardens surrounding the grounds. The scent of jasmine was in the air as well with its vines all in bloom ! All accomodations were very accessible and comfortable to whomever stayed either for the day itself or overnight. The food was DELICIOUS and if a person went home hungry it was their own choice to do so as there was plenty provided !!! Makes my mouth water even now as I think of it all ! If I could, I would rate this venue five stars plus !!!! We had a WONDERFUL TIME !!! I would highly recommend the Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B for any special occasion !!!
Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our only daughter got married this weekend at this outstanding North Carolina destination wedding venue. Our daughter is a U.S. history buff, especially the colonial to Civil War years. Shortly after their engagement 14 months ago, her wonderful fiance found Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B on the internet. Both sets of parents and the young couple visited over a year ago and were all impressed by the beauty of the property, the furnishings, and the passion Larry and Sheila Carver have for their historic property and for working to produce magical weddings. They've been doing this for 9 years or more and have an experienced, caring staff. Our weekend was memorable, relatively stress free, and we highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding in the near future. Their prices cannot be beat for the amount of caring service you receive..........and the food at both our rehearsal dinner and our Southern Barbecue wedding was out of this world!!! The wedding weekend began at 4:00 on Friday 4/27/12 and ended Sunday 4/29/12 at 11 a.m. The rehearsal dinner was Friday night and the wedding was Saturday. We can't say enough about how Sheila and Larry Carver delivered beyond what we expected and what was promised in their contract with us (entered into almost 14 months ago after the young couple became engaged) We looked at many venues at that time, and the bride & groom as well as their families live in Chapel Hill/Carrboro, NC where there are many outstanding choices, but nothing came close in terms of charm, ease, flexibility, and value. Almost all of our guests commented on the house, the grounds, and the beauty of the place. They also loved the food (especially Larry's pulled pork, which he began cooking at 11 PM on Friday night in order to be ready for the wedding the next day). The DJ was experienced and worked very closely with the bride and groom to include all of their favorite tunes. The 3 tiered and 3 flavored wedding cake was delicious. Our minister was not able to be there for the rehearsal, so Sheila Carver masterfully coordinated and directed that on Friday. The staff the Carvers have cultivated in that remote location for the 9 years they have been doing this are experienced, extremely sensitive to the wedding party's needs, and have a way of being constantly present but not intrusive. The breakfasts for those of us staying at the mansion were truly gourmet. We left with a warm feeling in our hearts and so glad that our wedding event was at Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B in Warrenton. If you are considering Magnolia Manor Plantation, I urge you to take the trip and visit with Larry and Sheila at the location. Meeting them and seeing the grounds are what sold the bride and groom and all 4 parents last year. We are so glad we didn't have the wedding in a big impersonal hotel in Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill. The Carvers put a lot of love and a personal touch into their work with brides and grooms, and it shows. When we called for advice ahead of time about favors, a slide show I was attempting to make, flower colors, etc., Sheila was always responsive and helpful. Having your wedding here is like having a free wedding planner on board as well. Her son even helped me, via the telephone, figure out how to do the slide show. As far as customer service goes, they were very sensitive to all our needs and even unexpected occurences, such as providing a heater next to a frail family member when the temperature dipped (their idea) and bringing food to a diabetic family member who needed something to eat ahead of everyone else on Friday night. I've experienced resorts and destinations in the past that didn't live up to their web sites. This is not the case with Magnolia Manor. In fact, the experienced surpassed even what the web site promised. As the Mother of the Bride, I highly recommend Magnolia Manor Plantation Bed and Breakfast in Warrenton if you're looking for a charming, worry free, elegant, memorable wedding experience. Thank you so much, Larry and Sheila, for making this such a spectacular weekend for all of us!! Gordon and Robin Poer
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We just returned home from our daughter's wedding at Magnolia Manor in Warrenton, NC.
It was a beautiful ceremony outdoors. Sheila and Larry did a wonderful job attending to everyone and anticipating our needs.
The grounds are just perfect for an outdoor event. Many comments were made by the guests how lovely the ceremony was and the reception dinner was outstanding.
Sheila's calm and steady personality helped to calm us during this slightly stressful time! And she LOVES her brides. What more could you ask for?
If you need help and guidance in planning a wedding, we highly recommend Magnolia Manor Plantation. We are making plans to return just to visit and enjoy that beautiful front porch!
Susan and Todd Boyd
Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WOW, what an amazing wedding weekend!! It was far more amazing than I ever could have dreamed. The day was perfect and Sheila, Larry, their son Adam and the entire staff made everything run so smoothly! They were there when we needed them, but never intrusive - the perfect combination! The grounds looked wonderful and all of our guests would agree - I don't think a single person overlooked the beautiful landscaping and flowers or the actual venues in general. We had our wedding ceremony in front of the huge oak tree, then moved to the garden for an interim reception and finally to the reception area. Everyone was blown away by the flow and beauty of the grounds! And the whole time Sheila and Larry and their staff were there to keep everything moving perfectly!

Also, as a bride, I was so excited about getting married but I really was not so interested in all of the tasks that go along with preparing for and arranging a wedding. And Magnolia Manor was the perfect solution. The fact that they offer in their wedding package the catering, set up and tear down, flowers, cake and a DJ we had so much less on our plate to worry about. Plus Sheila acts as the wedding coordinator and truly handles anything and everything. And she's always there to answer questions and point you in the right direction (and always with a smile!).

There was not one thing I would change about our day and most of that is because we had it at Magnolia Manor! The groom and I are looking forward to going back to visit Sheila and Larry celebrate our anniversary for years to come.
Wedding: 04/14/2012
 252-257-6055
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire