Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B

Value:
Flexibility:
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Magnolia Manor was an excellent choice for our wedding venue; we really couldn't imagine a more perfect place for the weekend. We rented out the Manor for 21 guests to sleep (ourselves and family) and also had the rehearsal dinner and reception on site.

PROS:
1. Food is HEAVENLY. All meals were insanely delicious.
2. Overnight accommodations were wonderful. The whole look and feel in the house (antique furniture, pressed linens, décor, etc.) just made the guests feel like they stepped into a different time. Many commented that it was very relaxing, just being inside the house.
3. Emma is hands-down the greatest wedding coordinator. She's very calm and collected, but pays attention to each small detail. I honestly felt like we were friends by the end of the weekend. I wish I had corresponded with her more often, but she's not introduced until you arrive the weekend of the wedding.
4. I had left our family pearls at home, mistakenly, and Larry lent me his aunt's wedding day pearls. Talk about going above and beyond!
5. The Manor has logistics down to a science. The whole time you're there, you just know that they have things under control.

CON:
1. The weather was quite cold the night of the rehearsal dinner (low 40's) and we requested heaters to be brought out, since Sheila had mentioned they have these on site. She told us there wasn't enough time to bring them out that night, so we asked for them to plan on bringing them out for the following night. She responded that it was "going to be 10 degrees warmer tomorrow night," which is still pretty chilly for out-of-town guests. The next morning, she explained that the heaters needed propane and that would be an additional $25 for each heater (for a total of $100) . At this point, of course we were willing to pay the extra fee, but we weren't pleased by how much we had to insist on having heaters.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot say enough about this site and about Sheila and Larry. Everything went perfectly- they kept things running smoothly without being too controlling. The planning process was remarkably stress-free, which was exactly what we were looking for!

They were so hospitable and welcoming to all of our guests... And I know we were a bit of a handful :)

This spot is worth the trip- all of our guests kept telling us over and over again that they wanted to get married there, too, and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to ! Unique, memorable, beautiful, and easy. THANK YOU SHEILA AND LARRY!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Even though Magnolia Manor was more than an hour from Raleigh, it was WELL WORTH the extra distance and added travel logistics. Many of our 200 guests were happy to ride the motor coaches we had arranged, and everyone was tremendously pleased with the entire evening's festivities. Beautiful weather didn't hurt, but Sheila and Larry (and remarkable staff) made the event one to remember for all. Bride, groom and families could not have been happier with the ease in planning, low-key coordination and absolutely enchanting "wedding-themed" party that came off without a hitch. (Other than the 'hitch' that was supposed to occur, that is!) Being able to have the entire wedding party on-site for 2 nights, catching up, relaxing and eating delicious food even before the wedding night was a HUGE BENEFIT that I didn't anticipate. And I am quite sure that for the multi-day accommodations, food, planning expertise and package of benefits, the price beat out anything we were looking at in Raleigh. We could not have hoped for a more professionally-run and beautiful wedding weekend.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mrs. Shelia, Mr. Larry, and all the staff at Magnolia Manor went above and beyond all expectations that I had. From helping plan the day's events to making sure every last detail was as perfect as it could be. Every guest commented on how beautiful the house and grounds are. The breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning were so delicious! The Southern Style BBQ buffet style Dinner that was served was top notch. I love the way that there were different sauces that could be added to the Pork. The cake that was provided with the package was EXACTLY like we requested (even though our cake was a little unusual). The DJ Allen was absolutely amazing. He had the guest up and dancing all night! I would recommend Magnolia Manor B&B for anyone who is looking a venue. Great people and a beautiful venue! Thank you for making my special day so PERFECT!!!!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just got back from my son's wedding at the Magnolia Manor Plantation B&B and it could not have been better. The owners have painstakingly restored the manor to its former elegance which added so much to the special nature of the day. Food, service and attention to detail are top notch. If you are looking for an elegant venue for a family event in a historic setting, this is hard to beat.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Such a beautiful venue and perfect setting for our wedding weekend! Larry and Sheila were extremely accommodating and made sure every guest was well taken care of. They were very flexible with all of our requests. All guests commented how gorgeous the venue was and how great the food and staff was as well! We would recommend this venue in a heartbeat for a gorgeous outdoor setting for a wedding! Thanks so much to the MM staff for a perfect wedding!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at Magnolia Manor recently. It was the most amazing experience and this B&B is a little piece of heaven on earth. The atmosphere was perfect, classy but relaxing. The grounds are beautiful and the food is delicious, my husband said it is the best barbecue he's eaten and the man knows cue! We plan to return as guests at the B&B and would highly recommend Magnolia Manor as a wedding venue.

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor in May 2014. Larry and Sheila Carver are wonderful, gracious hosts, the venue is picture perfect, and I would absolutely have my wedding here, again, if I had to do it over.

In my opinion, the best asset of Magnolia Manor is having Larry, Sheila, and their staff at your service. It was absolutely delightful (for me and my parents) not to have to worry about setting up, serving, cooking, cleaning, entertaining, or the like. Each morning, breakfast was served on the porch, on the nicest china at the time I requested. They welcomed overnight guests, assisted wedding guests with parking, provided serving platters for my candy bar, and set up tables for my escort cards, guest book, and wedding favors. They are the epitome of Southern hospitality.

The food (provided by MM) was phenomenal – from the BBQ at the rehearsal dinner to the chicken and pork loin at the reception. We were also served breakfast on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Great food is so important.

The DJ, Alan Norwood, (provided by MM) is out of this world. Don’t even consider for a second bringing in a band or another DJ – trust Larry and Sheila on this one. He even danced with me!
The bartender (provided by MM) was fine but nothing to brag about. He poured the drinks, which is important.

They really do provide it all from beer coolers to serving trays, ceremony props and wine glasses, serving utensils for the wedding cake, and the wedding cake itself (really delicious). For an all inclusive, Southern wedding weekend, Magnolia Manor is an absolutely exquisite place. I highly recommend it.

Many thanks to Larry and Sheila from Landon and Ashley Clark.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were married at Magnolia Manor on November 30, 2013. Our experience was no less than amazing. We had our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night and everything down to the small details of the decor was beautiful. The Italian rehearsal dinner menu we selected was superb! Of course the weather is uncontrollable and although it was a gorgeous sunny weekend, it was VERY cold. We were able to use the Manor's patio heaters for both our rehearsal dinner and reception so our guests could huddle around and keep warm between trips to the bar or dance floor. We also had a bonfire out back behind our reception. That was a wonderful touch! [The weekend after our wedding was in the 60s...figures! :)] Our ceremony was set up exactly how I described I wanted it to be and it all ran very smoothly thanks to Shelia and her staff. I got countless compliments about the food at our reception - we chose the BBQ menu. Larry does an amazing job cooking the pig! You can tell that Shelia and Larry really love what they do. I highly recommend Magnolia Manor if you are interested in a rustic, southern wedding weekend!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Shelia and Larry were both outstanding down to every detail. I did not have to worry about a thing on my day. The manor itself was breathtaking, the homemade food was delicious, and the staff was spectacular. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my special day than Magnolia Manor. All of my guests raved about the food and MM own DJ Alan.

Thank you Shelia and Larry for everything!

The New Mr. and Mrs. Strawn
11/2/13

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and son-in-law both live in North Carolina but had families that lived in opposite directions; one in the south and one in the north. We were looking for a place that would bring both families to a middle ground, enable us to celebrate our children's wedding and begin a new life. The Magnolia Manor website offered a wonderful and different venue where the families could celebrate together. Sheila and Larry opened their home to us, made us feel at home, spoiled us with their southern hospitality and home cooked meals. The wedding weekend was a great idea because it gave the families an entire weekend to spend time together. Everything Sheila and Larry promised they delivered along with their wonderful staff.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My brother and my new sister were married at this gorgeous establishment this past weekend. It was more than we as a family could have ever asked for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always around and eager to help with any aspect of the preparation that we needed. The establishment was clean and rich with history. This was the perfect setting for our North meets South wedding. We had family coming from all over the country. The food was delicious and hand prepared in the amazing kitchen. Everything went off without a hitch...the wonderful owner Shelia and her husband as well as their staff made sure of that. Anyone looking for a place to share this special event, renew, or just throw a fabulous party should definitely consider this place. I only have 2 thumbs to put up but it deserves many many more. Thank you guys for making my brothers bride's (and my brothers of course) wedding day dreams come true.

• Flexibility: 5.0

They were the best! Our family go to stay on site witch was great for the M.O.B They were so warm and friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything I wanted came together. The food for the weekend was amazing the bar tender was awesome the dj was great the cake was beautiful, all of it was just amazing they have the best staff and the venue itself is Magical. I could not have been happier. My day went off with out a hitch and if there was one I never knew about it they took such good care of me and my family. If we decide to renew our vows in a few years I would go back to Magnolia Manor!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Sheila and Larry Carver went above and beyond to make this wedding (my daughter and son -in-law's) surpass our expectations. It was a dream come true! It started raining and they were at the ready with 3 alternate rain plans, the flowers and cake and lighting were more than we dreamed of, we took some things to decorate our table displays and they added to them with so many country elegant props of their own! the breakfast both days was unbelievable. The entire staff was so helpful, whether we needed them to hunt up a steamer for a wrinkled tux or get directions into town. We ended up with extra guests the night of wedding and they were accommodated no problem. The dj was great, the food was delicious and plentiful, the house is so magnificent, the antiques and furnishings make every inch of the house a photo op waiting to happen. Cant say enough about how wonderful the experience was, and how beautiful it was at night with all the twinkle lights, and suspended mason jars with lights. Thanks Larry and Sheila!!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We enjoyed our weekend at Magnolia Manor so much, and our wedding was everything we had hoped it would be! We had so many guests tell us that it was the most fun they have ever had at the wedding, which made me and my groom so happy! There were so many little details that Magnolia Manor staff took care of for us (for instance, decorating the favor table with their own decorations). It was so nice to have so little planning stress since Magnolia Manor comes with so many things included in the package (catering, flowers, cake, the list goes on and on!) It was also wonderful to be able to share the whole weekend with our bridal party staying at the house with us, I felt it really gave us time to hang out and enjoy them being there with us. Thank you to Larry and Shelia for everything you did for us, we will never forget our wonderful weekend with you all!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

On September 28, 2013 my husband and I got married at Magnolia Manor Plantation. I can honestly say that Sheila and Larry go above and beyond in every way. We celebrated our rehearsal dinner at MM on Friday night and it truly seemed like a different venue than on our wedding day. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was and how kind the owners are... then on our wedding day everything was absolutely PERFECT! The bridal party along with my husband and I woke up to an amazing breakfast, then we helped set up our own decorations...while the staff took care of everything that MM provided. The ceremony site was gorgeous, the cocktail hour was perfect, and the reception was beautiful and an absolutely blast. Sheila makes you feel like home during the whole weekend and she did every detail to a tee that I wanted. I would 150% recommend this venue to anyone. We have seen a lot of our guests since our wedding day and absolutely everyone has said that our wedding was one of the most beautiful, unique, and FUN weddings that they have ever attended...and my husband and I couldn't' agree more! I guarantee that you won't fine another venue like this in the Raleigh area.

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
252-257-6055
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards